[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>let's give each student special attention and not make

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7190.jpg (167KB, 518x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7190.jpg
167KB, 518x800px
>let's give each student special attention and not make them do what everyone else does
>they all grow up into non-functioning adults

Fuck people who think kids should be taugh this way
>>
>>136617234
Teacher here,

Academic accommodations have literally nothing to do with teaching the kids different shit, only teaching the same shit in an environment which allows them to function effectively.

Let's take the kid with bad writing, possibly due to some grapho-motor difficulty. If you ask him to write an essay in 40 minutes, he will write you an articulate paper that's worthy of an A, but it will be illegible. If you let him type it instead, you can read it and he gets the grade the content of his paper deserves.

Accommodations aren't the central issue with education, particularly American education. A lot of the real issues have to do with companies like Pearson shaping law around being able to sell textbooks and teach their bullshit cookie cutter lessons by making curriculum too tedious to develop and then justify on your own.
>>
>>136617234
Are these the same people trying to add Art to STEM?
>>
>>136618163
How does that translate to real world? If you tell a kid in school he never has to write a single paper only type it, what happens when he has to write something when he gets older?
Or if a kid can only do homework when theres nobody watching him, etc? The real world doesnt make exceptions like this
>>
>>136618327
I should add that this is literally how Doctors function these days. Glorified pharma reps.
>>
>>136617234

What?

There are maths/science/english teachers, right?

And those are split into smart people segregated not so smart people

Every kid also has 2 parents

Is that not enough?
>>
>>136618532
For some accommodations, the idea is that you'd scaffold the material to a level they can work at. As they advance from elementary up, you afford them the opportunity to write/whatever at the level that they can do. Will they ever write on the level of their peers? Probably not, but they'll have the general knowledge they need and skills at the level at which they were able to learn.

Of course the student as an adult will have to choose a profession suited to their skills, but at least their weaknesses did not unduly impact their ability to learn in general in the classroom.

>>136618951
Some parents are like having a second teaching team at home, some parents are dead weight because they are too busy or too apathetic to care, and some parents are downright detrimental to your work e.g. encouraging their children not to do their homework or blaming you for their shitty grades.
>>
>>136617234
>I can't grip a pen or pencil
That's not in the same category as the other three. That's a physical disability and the other three are with thinking.
>>
Honestly whether people like it or not, this sort of shit is the future, thanks to the advancements of automation. Computers can handle complex algorithm solving with only very basic data entry required from a human source, recording information through analog means rather than digital is becoming increasingly archaic, I've heard penmanship isn't even really a part of elementary teaching now. I remember when I was a child, they even taught us cursive, and I no longer remember how to do that because of how obsolete it became. The same with apply to these other dwindling areas, yet the market hasn't adjusted to these facts.
>>
>>136618532
>The real world doesnt make exceptions like this
Yeah it does, we don't live in a Stalinist world were you're forced to work a certain job. If you're bad at writing, you get a job where you can type.
>>
>>136617234
>let's give each student special attention and not make them do what everyone else does
Because teaching boys and girls in the same classroom has turned out so well right?
>>
>>136620337
I think VR educational games are going to be a big hit soon enough.
>>
>>136620726
The headsets will be broken or stolen within a month. LAUSD had this genius idea of providing iPads for students in the district and most of them ended up being sold. You might find that shit in nice private schools, public schools absolutely not.
>>
>>136620337
not teaching cursive and penmanship has ulterior motives. It's not because it is dead. It is because all of our founding documents are written in cursive. Make it impossible for future generations to read our founding documents and then the (((overlords))) can write their own.
>>
>>136617234
It pisses me off how much money we spend bringing low performers "up to grade level" compared to how little we spend pushing bright kids even further. Even magnate schools or gifted programs aren't that great.
>>
>>136617234
the worst of this pic is instead of helping them go over their limitations she is adapting to them
>>
>>136621298
Depends on the public school, you need parents rich enough to pay for the replacement of the device and a district nice enough that expulsion is less desirable than compliance.

Chromebooks are a better alternative other than the google botnet (which a school wouldn't really care about) as wifi is pretty easy to propagate throughout the building and they easily complete the basic computing tasks necessary to teach in general.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.