[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that climate change is actually real, and it is act

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 28

File: temps.png (135KB, 562x484px) Image search: [Google]
temps.png
135KB, 562x484px
Reminder that climate change is actually real, and it is actually caused by humans. Don't take mine or any media network's word on it, whether it fits with your worldview or not. Read the actual report yourself and stop taking in 2nd hand info and grab that sweet sweet 1st hand info yourself.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914641/Draft-of-the-Climate-Science-Special-Report.pdf
>>
File: global_bullshit3.jpg (42KB, 530x318px) Image search: [Google]
global_bullshit3.jpg
42KB, 530x318px
>>136583696
>is actually caused by humans
since when?
>>
>>136583696
I 100% guarantee you that climate change denies are both unwilling and incapable of reading that document.
>>
>>136583696
>I don't care if you believe this but you had better believe it for no reason

Why didn't you just post some evidence?
>>
>>136584012
>all previous hot periods form neat slopes, gently going up and down.
>our current hot period has a visible upstroke, even on this graph
hmmm
>>
File: 1498691864046.webm (2MB, 1366x662px) Image search: [Google]
1498691864046.webm
2MB, 1366x662px
>>
File: 2017eemian.png (57KB, 777x304px) Image search: [Google]
2017eemian.png
57KB, 777x304px
>>136584012
>>136584178

this is how the centennial temperature trend of the Holocene (with the instrumental record added at the end) actually looks like
>>
>>136584256
It looks like it was on its way back down before that red spike.
>>
Okay let's cut the shit and get to the point- how to solve climate change?

World is burning up, Floridas going to be under water, Muslims will be swarming Europe in the millions and heat waves will be killing tons of people.

What to do about it?
>>
>>136584012
>there have been warming periods in the past, therefor humans can't be causing climate change now.

people believe this.
>>
>>136584256
>this is how the centennial temperature trend of the Holocene actually looks like

>anomaly

>actually looks like

Learn to read retard. they're literally saying this shit is made up.
>>
>>136584451
Get CO2 back out of the air. Stop putting so much CO2 into the air. Stop destroying natural CO2 sinks like forests so it can come back out of the air naturally as well.

inb4 big renewable, big clean air, and big forest made this post
>>
>>136584256
>you can measure the temperature from 10000 years ago up to a 0.25 centigrade degree of accuracy

lol climate """science"""
>>
File: nclimate3013-f1.jpg (162KB, 946x600px) Image search: [Google]
nclimate3013-f1.jpg
162KB, 946x600px
>>136584202
that's actually already outdated
a temperature anomaly of 1.5°C will probably we reached before 2029 (and even earlier than that in individual El Nino years). That's very significant because 1.5°C is widely considered to be the functional limit for tropical coral reefs.
There was a major study published a year or so ago by the leading coral expert Terry Hughes and several dozen co-authors, in which they call for immediate global action to protect the world's coral reefs (which hold a plurality of marine biodiversity).

Just a few days ago, there was a study by several statisticians published in nature climate change, saying that a warming of less than 2°C by 2100 is very unlikely (5% chance).
>>
Fuck climate change and fuck Al Gore
>>
>>136585023
>anomaly

IT'S MADE UP, ALL MADE UP.
>>
>>136583696
But can we stop or reverse it?
>>
>>136585023
I've always wondered why 1 degree makes that much of a difference
Maybe 10 or 20 but 1 degree seems like literally nothing
>>
>>136585780
Try boiling a very small pot of water. It accepts heat quickly and boils away. Try boiling a large pot of water. It takes much longer for the heat to get into the water.

Now heat the entire earth. By the time it has raised by even 1 degree, enormous, unfathomable amounts of heat have been added.
>>
>>136585780
it's not the actual slightly warmer temp, it's the other climate changes that come with it. normal weather patterns change, so crops don't get needed rains. shorter winters, so ice shelves break off, causing oceans levels to rise. imagine if the Earth was just a little closer or little farther from the Sun, how much things would change.
>>
>>136584256
the red line is measured with thermometer. before the red line is measured with things like tree rings (proxies (i.e. non-direct methods)). When 2 different measuring systems are glued together the graph will look like shit, like here. That's why climate fakers are dishonest or stupid or both.
>>
File: EemianEarth.jpg (530KB, 1440x720px) Image search: [Google]
EemianEarth.jpg
530KB, 1440x720px
>>136585780
if all we were talking about is a temperature rise of 1°C above pre-industrial level (that's the anomaly we are at right now), then concern would be much less.

However, what people have to understand is that the climate system is characterized by a delayed response - we haven't seen the full amount of warming, ice melt, sea level rise, etc. of the greenhouse gases that are already in the atmosphere, meaning that if CO2 emissions would drop to 0 tomorrow, the globe would continue to warm for several decades (indeed, the rate of warming would probably increase as well).

Going another degree towards 2°C (above pre-industrial) brings us into the peak temperature at the end of a phase called the 'Eemian' (also called Ipswichian, Riss-Würm, MIS 5e,...), when sea level was 6 to 9m higher, the North Atlantic overturning circulation shut down for several centuries and there is evidence for powerful cyclonic superstorms in the subtropics.

Going another degree higher brings us into the mid-Pliocene warm period, when Greenland, West Antarctica and mobile parts of East Antarctica were deglaciated and sea level was 20 meters higher.
>>
>>136585642
Stop it? No, not in the near future.
Limit it? Yes, absolutely. Cutting down on fossile fuels and red meat are the first steps.
>>
>>136586436
>When 2 different measuring systems are glued together the graph will look like shit, like here. That's why climate fakers are dishonest or stupid or both.
It's too bad there's no way to make compatible these two methods of data gathering. I guess basic math is just too hard for all the world's climate scientists.
>>
>>136586731
Sure
Make an EV that:
Doesn't need dickloads of a metal like lithium
Doesn't cost more to produce than the average car
People actually eat to buy
>>
>>136586720
I see you a lot in those threads, you're awesome, thanks for the info
>>
>>136587030
That's what research funding is for.

But there are many ways to limit fossil fuels consumption, besides using EVs:
- Limiting consumption of imported goods
- Using public transportation, buses and trains
- Moving to a urban area
- Using a bike
- Car sharing
- Buying smaller and more efficient fuel cars

If you want the human population to survive the next 300 years, these are your choices.
>>
>>136587654
>do things that will lower my quality of life
Sure I'd love to live a mile away from work and just be able to walk but then I'd have to live in a filthy city
>>
>>136584453
>something can be done about climate change
brainlets who can't math actually believe this
>>
>>136587827
how are they going to lower your quality of life?
>>
>>136583696
>real
Yes

>human cause
For (((some reason))) they still refuse to do a proper study of natural climate change VS human caused to see how much of a difference if any was actually made. In fact many of the biggest thumpers of the evil humans changing the climate narrative outright DENY natural climate change exists and claim the climate has been the same throughout earths history until the evil white male invented technology
>>
>>136586720
You speak like all of this would happen in a couple weeks. Please add to you future posts that you are talking about hundreds of years, even millennia.
>>
>>136587441
are you the Frog who asked me about the West Antarctic ice sheet a while ago?
>>
>>136588125
Source on that bullshit disinfo ?
>>
>>136584453
What it means is humans are not the sole cause of climate change (which many people actually claim) our impact has not been accurately compared to the natural change and the earths climate has changed far more drastically on its own than even the most doomsday like predictions of what's going to happen with man made climate change
>>
>>136583696
I don't care. I'm not paying more taxes, and excepting your refugees for climate change.
>>
>>136588217
How's that deforestation going, macaco?
>>136588125
The simple truth is that humanity increased it and speed it up. Climate will always change, regardless of humans or not. We're just not helping our survival.
>>
>>136584930
Stop shitting on hydroelectric. One of the few non carbon emitting power sources that have found widespread success and environmentalists shit in it because muh fish and land being used not realizing that solar and wind need to use a fuck ton of land as well and wind fucks with birds
>>
File: global warming.jpg (104KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
global warming.jpg
104KB, 800x531px
>>
File: natural.anthropogenic.forcing.jpg (95KB, 946x671px) Image search: [Google]
natural.anthropogenic.forcing.jpg
95KB, 946x671px
>>136588125
that's just completely wrong. In fact, there is an entire family of work, which does nothing besides looking at anthropogenic vs. natural forcings and their respective contribution to temperature (they're called "attribution studies")

here's a random example from the people at ETH Zürich
http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/v5/n1/abs/ngeo1327.html
>>
>>136588291
No, I used to lurk those threads months ago and then got tired of hearing the same uninformed bullshit like this >>136588409 over and over so now I just ignore them most of the time
Fun fact, reading the posts made by climate change deniers is one of the reason I've stopped affiliating myself with right-wing ideology
>>
>>136588689
Dude you're on the asshole of the asshole of the internet here. Don't expect anything but bullshit.
>>
>letting statisticians determine what you believe
brainlets never stop amazing me with the lengths they will go to feel smart
>>
>>136588089
>live in a filthy city
Here in the US cities are disgusting and full of human trash
>>
>>136585780
t. retarded
>>
File: sun.jpg (1MB, 2776x2756px) Image search: [Google]
sun.jpg
1MB, 2776x2756px
>>136583696
Yeah i bet the Sun doesn't have anything to do with warming periods being 99.9% of our solar system.
Im also sure that mars temp is also rising cause of humans, we clearly need a tax, yeah thats it, if we pay more taxes to the politicians they will fix it.
>>
>>136584453
Or it means that scientist have literally no fucking clue how much the increase is because humans. They can only guess.
>>
>>136588802
>not believing in math
>>136588832
Niggers or republicans?
>>
>>136587654
>stop using oil or we die!
surely there is no alternative (((motive))) behind this post.

Every climate change thread is really an anti energy thread. No discussion of earthly systems or their complex mechanisms. No discussion of rates of molecular decay, energy sinks, or even how UV energy impacts the total global energy amount.

No science outside of muh graphs and fear mongering for one think:
>to stop oil
I wonder (((who))) could be behind this.
>>
>>136589075
>>136589054
>>
>>136589408
Nice argument mario.
>>
>>136588790
I guess I'm trying to match my internet experience with my world experience..
>>136589075
It's not /lrg/ here, no need to spread your autismo if you can't bother to actually inform yourself besides meme-tier economics and libertarian ideology
>>
>>136589214
>believing what people tell you about math
Why not just figure it out yourself? The beauty of math and science is that you don't have to trust anyone, and everything is independently verifiable.

It is quite obvious what your intent is when your goto strategy is to shame people who ask for logical, non fearmongering discussion of climate science.
>>
File: 1496465099750.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496465099750.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
>>
>>136589511
>inform yourself!
>unless you come to a conclusion that is not supported by the official narrative!
>then we will shame you!
>>
Fake news
>>
>>136589511
What autismo? what i wrote is factual. The sun makes up 99.9% of our solar system and the temperature in Mars is also rising.

>it must be the humans causing it
>we need more taxes
>retard logic
>>
>>136589603
t. uniformed
>>
>>136589350
What would be my alternative motive? I'm just a dude from the countryside who is experiencing the first drought in the area and is getting concerned.
Do you want to discuss all of that stuff? Do you want to bring scientific papers into this? Or maybe the gradual disinvestments of fossil fuel companies like Shell towards renewables?

Being anti-oil does not mean being anti-energy, you stupid redneck. Everyone knows it's impossible to stop burning oil altogether, but there are lots of viable alternatives, from renewables to nuclear plants. Drop the burger and get off /r/conspiracy.
>>
>>136589528
>temperature scale upside down
>average -30 degrees Celsius
>world is frozen for 100 centuries according to that graph

Look at the kikes, debunking in a false manner to push the narrative toward this kikery. Your tricks will eat you.
>>
Curious. Cooked evidence. A bunch logical fallacy hype, slippery slope, and we gon' die! bullshit. It's simple: glaciation and inter glaciation. We were taught about this. Normal. The sky is not falling you fucking idiot.
>>
>>136589729
t. french person
>>
>>136589724
From fake jews.
>>
>>136589726
>>136589478
>>136588674
Stop ignoring legitimate posts.
>>136589517
You know applying logic to /pol/'s userbase is completely useless.
>>
>>136589876
Fuck oil, Thorium reactors would be a far better source of energy.
>>
>>136583696
If climate change is real and destroying the planet it is IMPERATIVE we invade India and China, and end all aid to Africa. We need population drops and to end the countries with the biggest pollution contributions.

Leftists won't want that though, they'd rather tax workers to pay for more Africans.
>>
>>136589726
They don't discuss facts in these threads. You either agree with them or they attack your intelligence.

Climate change is a very important tenant of the religion of science. You can't question your betters in this religion.
Quite ironic, as it goes against everything science stands for.
>>136589876
You sound a caveman.
>oh my this weather pattern is different than it was last year!
>better make a sacrifice to my gods to restore the good weather
And then when the natural, multi year cycle passes again, you praise your God for coming through for you.

Literally the same thing. You are shaken in your belief of humans mastery over weather (never has been a thing), and rush to find an explanation to preserve your mental.
You trade the shackles of one religion for another. Classic.
>>
File: climate.png (77KB, 1314x252px) Image search: [Google]
climate.png
77KB, 1314x252px
fuck off with (((climate change)))
>>
>>136587654
>imported goods
Yeah pretty hard to do now that globalism produces all the goods in some polluting shithole than shops them here

A major solution then would be to close the borders and FORCE jobs to move back to the west where they're actually subject to things like emissions standards
>>
>>136589724
Brainwashed faggot
Think for yourself and stop letting Trump's "fake news" rhetoric screw with your head.
>>
>>136590435
Are you denying that fake news exist?
>>
File: Energy_Use_per_Capita.png (20KB, 866x415px) Image search: [Google]
Energy_Use_per_Capita.png
20KB, 866x415px
>>136590135
agreed.
>>136590203
It has been getting worse for 20 years actually.
So far every legitimate scientifical prediction was right, and it's affecting my nation directly. Should i just sit and watch?
>>136590137
Pic related. Can you and Russia just nuke each other to death first?
>>
File: 679433.png (367KB, 500x1154px) Image search: [Google]
679433.png
367KB, 500x1154px
>>136589726
the temperature on Mars is rising because of features of the martian orbit and surface albedo changes - not because of an increased output from the sun.

We know this because we can measure solar irradiance very precisely with several satellite heliophysics missions. Not only is the magnitude of solar effects not large enough to create a temperature anomaly of 1°C, but the general trend actually points more in the direction of decreasing, not increasing solar irradiance (for instance: the most recent solar cycle 24 has been historically low)

not only that, but the sun is also inconsistent with some simple observations from the warming (the spatial characteristics in particular):
- if solar effects were that large on a decadal time scale, we would see a *huge* 11 year signal in the temperature record (we don't)
- if solar effects were to blame, we should see diurnal maximum temperatures rise faster than diurnal minimum temperatures (the opposite is the case)
- if solar effects were to blame, we should see the entire vertical extension of the atmosphere warm (some parts of it are actually cooling)
- if solar effects were to blame, we should see warming concentrated more strongly in the tropics and decreasing with latitude (the fastest warming part of the globe is actually the extreme Northern high latitudes, which receive comparatively low solar energy)
>>
>>136590308
Environmentalism is an nth-order good. People in the shitholes would rather have their jobs than their environment, because they aren't yet rich enough to be buying environmentalism. This will resolve itself if you continue letting them pursue their own desires.
(There is a hidden universal alignment of interests in human affairs!)
>>
>>136588689
>Fun fact
Nope, not fun, you're actually an idiot for changing your political ideologies based on one single fuckin thing
>>
>>136590757
>that graph
Oh, so you are retarded and just take graphs at face value.

Tell me, what is the difference between a statement and a graph? Why do graphs exist anyway?
Hint: they are to help the uninformed process information that is too large for them to understand.
Why are you basing your beliefs on a graph? Certified retarded.

Also here is a little tip: carbon dioxide is not capable of the heating effect it is being accused of. Physically impossible for it to store the amount of heat climate scientist say it is. It would have to make up a significant percentage of our atmosphere to do so.

Go learn some chemistry, kid.
>>
>>136590867
Your entire post forgets the heat capacity of water, and vastly overestimate the sun's potential impact to preserve your carbon theories.

Northern parts heat because of ocean currents transferring the sun's energy northward.
The rest of your post is retarded. The temperature in tropical regions can drop 15 degrees (F) with simple overcast.
How can you possibly insist that the sun is not capable of influencing the climate?
>we can measure the sun's changes!
Yes we can, and the cycle of roughly 10 years matches our climate fears quite accurately.

Don't participate in science of you are grounded to a certain set of beliefs. Such dogma has no place in science.
>>
>>136588689
One thing the left should realize is that billionaires pushing for government to tax the shit out of the average person who can barely afford one apartment and transportation to work while flying around to 5 mansions in a private jet doesn't really help the average person get on board with caring about climate change

If people were actually serious on stopping climate change and not just grabbing cash they would actually go after the billionaires who ship their production to countries without emissions standards and put sanctions on highly polluting countries like China not carbon tax the shit out of the working class
Not a climate change denier im just anti carbon tax
>>
>>136583696
OK lets assume climate change is being caused primarily by humans. What is the solution? What are the goals for said solution and when do we know that we have achieved those goals? Is it this possible to pull off without sending humanity back to the stone age, and if it isnt, is everyone willing to do that?

The biggest problem I see with climate change right now is not the debate on whether it is happening, but what the tangible solution is. Simply saying "we need to invest more in green energy" is much to vague. Too long have these climate change predicitions been flat out wrong. We need accurate predictions and real solutions, not over-the-top doomsday prophecies.
>>
>>136591138
I don't base my beliefs on a graph. I'm just pointing out that so far it's not India and China the countries that are using the most energy.

>Physically impossible for it to store the amount of heat climate scientist say it is
ok, let's take your statement at face value, like i did with m graph. Why should I trust you, anon, and not the overwhelming climate scientists? I'm an automation engineer, I didn't study chemistry. How do you convince me?
>>
>>136584451
just buy your carbon credits like a good goy
>>
>>136591558
Ideally the carbon tax should be applied to corporations. The lower the environmental impact is, the lower the tax. Those taxes should be then used to subside green energy investments and help lower the price of EVs.
This would happen in an ideal world. But of course politician are too fucking stupid and will go after the regular taxpayer.
>>
>>136590576
No, numbskull. I am saying that using Trump's rhetoric to bitch about stories you dont like is idiotic.
>>
>>136591619
>let's take it at face value
This is why you have no place in this discussion. Why are you taking any science investigation at face value?
Why do you think science is so simple?

Research what heat capacity is, and then look at the heat capacity of carbon dioxide compared to other compounds, primarily water.
Now look into the concentrations of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere compared to everything else, including O2, H2O, N2, etc.

It is simple math. If anything would be causing a warming effect, it would be water.
And wait a minute, this is observable in various places across the globe. Humid climates always feel a lot warmer than their arid counterparts, even if the temperature measurement is exactly the same.

This is due to the very, very large heat capacity of water. The molecule stores a lot of heat, which is evident in how the gulf stream influences almost the entirety of European weather.
Almost all of our weather phenomena are explained by the sun, the ocean, and the wind. 99% of heat transfer in our globe is handled by these three things.

To put it simply, humans are not nearly big enough to influence such a massive system without intent and dedication. This is just another example of the hubris of humans. We think we have to be involved in something, it is our earth after all, right?

Go on jewgle earth and compare the size of rome to that of the width of Italy. So a size ratio, and compare that to all other cities across the globe.
Now consider that most humans live in these cities. Consider the sheer magnitude of relatively empty space, now expand that for every single large city on the globe.

The earth is huge, and we are tiny. An ant cannot topple a house by burrowing underneath it. Respect the scale we are contemplating.
>>
>>136590867
>- if solar effects were that large on a decadal time scale, we would see a *huge* 11 year signal in the temperature record
>(we don't)
>- if solar effects were to blame, we should see diurnal maximum temperatures rise faster than diurnal minimum temperatures
>(the opposite is the case)
>- if solar effects were to blame, we should see the entire vertical extension of the atmosphere warm >(some parts of it are actually cooling)
>- if solar effects were to blame, we should see warming concentrated more strongly in the tropics and decreasing with latitude >(the fastest warming part of the globe is actually the extreme Northern high latitudes, which receive comparatively low solar energy)

So are you saying there's no global warming exept on northen high latitudes?
Dude, we are all part of a system, the Sun has massive effects on all planets around it for obvious reasons, denying it is just pure retardation, not to mention potencial galatic cycles that we don't even understand that could also play a part in this warming cycles.

I can also plot a graph saying whatever i want with simulations.that run on whatever algos they want. I read the first thing on the other site you posted and it's just a complete bullshit.

>Based on a massive ensemble of simulations with an intermediate-complexity climate model we demonstrate that known changes in the global energy balance and in radiative forcing tightly constrain the magnitude of anthropogenic warming. We find that since the mid-twentieth century, greenhouse gases contributed 0.85°C of warming (5–95% uncertainty: 0.6–1.1°C), about half of which was offset by the cooling effects of aerosols, with a total observed change in global temperature of about 0.56°C.

Fuck your fake simulations, im not paying any tax! make the rich pay it, the ones that go around in private jets and have masions that consume what a small village in india consumes.
>>
>>136583696
>chicken little shill
take this bullshit fake science to /sci
>>
>>136592305
So did fake news exist before Trump?
>>
>>136592514
/sci/ doesn't give the thread any attention because there is never any scientific data or theories to discuss.
Really telling of the whole debacle, isn't it?
>>
>>136583696
>jewreport
Fug of kike
>>
>>136583696
Delete this goy! All the scientists are wrong, fossil fuels do not cause climate change. It's much easier to buy oil from Saudi Arabia and natural gas from Israel.
>>
>>136591543
I wonder: what do you think the heat capacity of water changes about anything I wrote?

As for the rest:
the extreme Northern latitudes are not warming the fastest because of ocean circulation and it's rather easy to show this. The Pacific side of the Arctic (which is subject to 'edogenic' circulation in the form of the Beaufort gyre) is warming just as much, if not more, than the Atlantic side (which could be said to be subject to large-scale ocean circulation).
Also, the places of major overturning circulation in the eastern sub-polar North Atlantic is actually one of the few places on Earth that cooled rather than warmed in the recent past.

What you said about the temperature under overcast conditions is completely irrelevant, since we're talking about decadal temperature trends, not weather from one day to the next.

Lastly, I think I'll leave it up to any reader if saying that 'the sun is to the cause of the most recent warming' is equivalent to saying that 'the sun isn't capable of influencing climate'
>>
>>136583696
Go back 10k years
>>
>>136590757
>energy use = pollution
top lel, friend. USA coal plants use atomspheric scrubbers. Chinese coal plants do not. Every coal plant without scrubbers emits, unjokingly, 10x the pollution. Coal is 40% of China's energy.

China is already the worst according to your chart just on coal use, after that adjustment, and that's not including shit like deforestation, chemical dumps, and plastics tossed into the sea.

Stop denying science.
>>
>>136590137
I'm totally on board with this. Ebola and Bird Flu for the win!
>>
>>136584451
Build more local wind farms, dam rivers where the ecological impact is small, install geothermal plants where possible. Covering deserts with solar panels might also be pragmatic in the future.
>>
>>136583696
So are you gonna lobby the huge corporations to quit? Or keep giving the populace a guilt trip while YOU KNOW they have very little impact on the environment?
>>
>>136592494
most reasonable people would at least reconsider when it's shown that their explanation is inconsistent with direct observation, but on you it seems to have the opposite effect
>>
>>136592450
>To put it simply, humans are not nearly big enough to influence such a massive system without intent and dedication.
Fine, but how do you explain the correlation between the increase of CO2 in the air and the increase of global temperature? Why don't you take into account the time in the atmosphere, which apparently for CO2 is in the order of decades?
>>
>>136593533
He's portuguese, he's probably recovering from a heat stroke.
>>
>>136590757
>energy use
China has the highest emissions though
>>
File: Earth-to-the-Sun.jpg (265KB, 1600x1593px) Image search: [Google]
Earth-to-the-Sun.jpg
265KB, 1600x1593px
>>136593533
>>136594097
I say the sun is the culprit and no amount of taxes to al gore will make it better, it's just the nature working.
You guys say the sun doesn't play any part in the climate. it's ok everyone have their opinion.
If you want to pay taxes to al gore be my guest and go ahead, just leave out of your shit.
>>
File: HSG.jpg (62KB, 550x398px) Image search: [Google]
HSG.jpg
62KB, 550x398px
A tale of two graphs. The one on top used in hundred of studies and papers, toted by climate alarmists.
The bottom actual data that wasn't corrected by mathematical manipulations.

The difference is that the creator of the top graph is in contempt of court for refusing to show his work in a trail started by him when the creator of the bottom graph called him a fraud.
If the science is real why won't researchers prove it or show the method by which they made their data?
>>
File: carbonbudget.png (71KB, 783x539px) Image search: [Google]
carbonbudget.png
71KB, 783x539px
>>136594187
it depends what metric you're looking at
>>
>>136594187
>>136593313
They are making efforts to phase out the coal plants though.
>>
>>136583696
I believe climate change is real but I'm skeptical regarding whether or not humans are to blame. When I say I'm skeptical, I mean I haven't seen any evidence supporting either side. If you have any specifically proving humans' cause of climate change then I'll believe you.
>>
File: climate before.gif (55KB, 696x675px) Image search: [Google]
climate before.gif
55KB, 696x675px
>>
File: climate after.png (91KB, 1040x974px) Image search: [Google]
climate after.png
91KB, 1040x974px
>>136594732
>>
File: 1499879928525.jpg (622KB, 2340x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1499879928525.jpg
622KB, 2340x1350px
>>
>>136594697
There is direct evidence that mankind is behind global warming.

The men doing the measuring are throwing out lower temperatures and raising other temperatures artificially.
>>
>still no proof that an increase in temperature doesn't cause CO2 instead
>>
File: 1501386154428.jpg (36KB, 785x590px) Image search: [Google]
1501386154428.jpg
36KB, 785x590px
Only a retard would believe climate change.
>>
>>136592524
It did, but Trump popularized calling things he didnt like as fake news, which is what you are parroting right now.
>>
>>136584451
>how to solve climate change

you don't solve it, you survive it

faggot leftists can't adapt
>>
>>136594500
That's quite fascinating. Got any more information/sources on these?
>>
>>136594859
I'm not taking a random anon's word for it. I don't mean that in a climate change denier way. I just want to see the evidence.
>>
>>136589929
read you faggot, it's from Greenland
>>
File: nsidc_global_area_byyear_b (1).png (595KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
nsidc_global_area_byyear_b (1).png
595KB, 1200x900px
Reminder that Trump has BANNED the department of agriculture from using the term climate change.

This is indefensible. I thought americans believed in free speech? Even if you think it is a hoax why should the expression be banned/

Should the word 'Bigfoot' also be banned?

Trump is a fucking disgrace. His behaviour and attitude towards climate change is as bad as ANYTHING the left do when censoring free speech. It is no different to arresting people for critiquing Islam.

Pleae Trump supporters tell me how you can defend this shit.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/aug/07/usda-climate-change-language-censorship-emails
>>
>>136584930
>>136593352
You cannot "solve" climate change because its not anthropogenic
>>
>>136595725
The USDA was told to call it weather not climate change. When you have a period of hot, cold, wet dry the current modern terminology seems to be to label it all climate change.
The USDA was told to cut that out and call it weather which it is.
>>
File: climate lies.gif (17KB, 673x520px) Image search: [Google]
climate lies.gif
17KB, 673x520px
>>
>>136595725
Right wing snowflakes get triggered when their beliefs get challenged, and they try to bury the evidence as bad as they can.
>>
File: 1483495148244.gif (137KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483495148244.gif
137KB, 512x512px
>>
>co2 is going up
>temperature is also going up
>the only explanation is that co2 causes an increase in temperature
>it couldn't possibly be the reverse

all "climate change evidence" is pure correlation
>>
>>136583696
>we just happen to be experiencing the most warming when the earth is going through a natural warming cycle
>all previous data can only be observed through secondary measurements such as ice core samples
>we don't know exactly how cold it was in the past, because we can't yet prove the predictive power of ice core samples to a high enough precision
>liberals will still show the hockey stick graph
>>
>>136595949
So they were told to lie?
Because as we so often hear 'the climate always changes' so why shouldnt they use the phrase?
Trump is a fucking piece of shit, a child who cannot bear to have his pathetic and stupid beliefs challenged. He is no better than anyone on the left doing the same thing for their little pet bullshit Islam. I think the people who do the science for a living know which term needs to be used and where, not the government.
>>
>>136595319
Sorry, I'm not really bright today.
>>
>>136596273
We can measure human production of CO2. That analysis should be able to address the cause of the correlations
>>
>>136596619
well go fuck a socket and charge up, asshole
>>
>>136590757
oh look, "per capita". kill yourself you stupid faggot. more energy use per capita is a luxury we can enjoy because we haven't bred like fucking rabbits. do not pass go. just kill yourself and rid the world of your god damn filth.
>>
Nice try kikes. I haven't even had to turn my AC on all of august.
>>
>>136590891
>would rather have their jobs
Gee it's almost like people need money from those jobs to survive. Maybe the rich environmentalists can pay their way if they don't want them to work
>>
>>136592015
We don't need new taxes we just need to spend the ones we have wisely. Even corporations would just shift that cost to the consumer

If we didn't sent billions to keep third worlders having 10 kids then we could invest that at home
>>
>>136583696
>Reminder that climate change is actually real, and it is actually caused by humans
And?

Why does the rhetoric stop here. They never go on to say why we should care.
There's absolutely zero evidence as to how to climate change will affect the western world.
>>
File: tktl,l8l6.png (134KB, 829x493px) Image search: [Google]
tktl,l8l6.png
134KB, 829x493px
>>136583696
>>
>>136596452
>So they were told to lie?
>Because as we so often hear 'the climate always changes' so why shouldnt they use the phrase?
They are ascribing weather and the in expected range of conditions as the climate changing. They were not told to lie but they have taken on a meme of calling weather climate, and changes in the weather climate change.
>I think the people who do the science for a living know which term needs to be used and where, not the government.
I know that scientists are as prone to ideological thinking as anyone else. It takes exceptional people to put aside ideology and focus on reality.
>>
File: sykkstktyklk.png (79KB, 899x513px) Image search: [Google]
sykkstktyklk.png
79KB, 899x513px
>>
File: 1496738017971.png (162KB, 1045x1567px) Image search: [Google]
1496738017971.png
162KB, 1045x1567px
>>136583696 (OP)
k. what do we do about it ?
>>
>>136598033
Deal with the changes as they happen.
>>
>>136594596
Yeah because the chinks are totally making a serious effort just like when they said they'd "work on" havjng better human rights. Lmao if you trust the chinks to do a fucking thing they say or trust them on anything you're an idiot of the highest caliber
>>
>>136598033
>3.2 quadrillion dollars to get 1 degree down
Muahahahah better start paying those taxes now... complete insanity
>>
>>136583696
>>136598033
To stop and reverse global warming
Kill 99% of all humans and "humans"
>>
>>136596736
kanker op en hou je bek, kankerjood
>>
File: 1493628343044.jpg (52KB, 960x834px) Image search: [Google]
1493628343044.jpg
52KB, 960x834px
>>136583696
>ITT: anons too young to remember climategate
>>
>>136598033
Encourage and promote green energy technology to attempt to keep the US competitive with other countries being heavily subsidized by their governments, and increase regulations against pollution which will minimally effect production.
>>
>>136598673
This.
Either we nuke each other to death or we go full anarcho-primitivist. Which would be fun if you ask me.
>>
>>136583696
This graph is misleading
>>
Climate change would be wonderful for the northern countries and devastate equatorial niggermudslime subhuman zones.

Coastal cities are easy to replace.
>>
>>136583696
>that climate change is actually real
Its called seasons,kid.
>>
>>136584451
stop chemtrails
>>
>>136583696
we should just nuke ourselves and end it quicker.
>>
It's made up. Proof http://www.climatedepot.com/2017/08/04/temperatures-plunge-after-australias-bureau-of-meteorology-orders-fix/
>>
>>136589876
>simple dude from the countyside
>first drought
> wanna bring scientific papers into this
Shill
>>
>>136599038
>>136599624
Or we could just kill everyone that has a death wish and it's stupid enough to belive in climate warming fairy tales, the rest of us will continue to live here with no problem whatsoever for the next millenia.
It would be easier if you guys could save us the work and kill yourselves already, remember goys it's for the enviroment.
>>
>>136598033
Use tax money to cover every square inch of the US in solar panels and wind turbines while continuing to ignore nuclear energy.
>>
>>136599038
Do you want to know how I can tell that your life sucks?
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.