[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work in a hospital as an electrician. >pregnancy tests

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1501332170304m.jpg (68KB, 988x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501332170304m.jpg
68KB, 988x1024px
I work in a hospital as an electrician.

>pregnancy tests cost $380
>PACU (recovery room) time has a cost of $3000, you will be charged for this regardless of if you enter the PACU or not
>our systems run on Windows XP, our OR case journaling system runs on MS-DOS
>no member of staff is happy, and the more they have to spend time with patients the less happier they get
>nurses who work on the floor hate themselves, their job, and their patients; they also can't speak English
>The insurance provider for everyone is located across the country, meaning that if you should expect 3-5 weeks before resolving any issue
>staff is cancelled all the time for cost-cutting reasons at the expense of patients, having ZERO nurses in the recovery room is a common sight
>nurses will never respond to callbells. If you are having a heart attack, I suggest screaming loudly because pressing that red button will never have a nurse help you.

It's fucking horrible. Our healthcare system sucks.

Bonus story: There was mold growing in a room on the OR floor. Maintenance was called and "fixed" the problem. Turns out they literally just took the mold-covered crap and shoved it into the ceiling behind some panels. It fucking contaminated the whole room and got into the air conditioning unit. It stayed like this for MONTHS until finally a patient complained of the smell and now the room is being fumigated.
Basically, even if there is a serious problem they will cover it up until someone finally notices. There's no attempt made to fix a problem when it arises, just hide it and fix when spotted.
>>
>pregnancy tests cost $380
They cost $8 at any pharmacy. What's special about them to make them 50x the cost?
>>
>>136547992
>IT for Tenet Hospital
What fucking city is this hospital?
>Windows XP
You are right, they don't update shit. Windows XP is still the best for businesses like this.
>Nurses not speaking English
I work at a hospital in Commiefornia and I have never seen this. The nurses are usually split in to two groups, both of which speak English: White ladies that aren't bad at all. Even here they are pretty conservative types. Filipinos that act like niggers and are shitty. All of them speak English though.
Really curious about your experiences.
>>
>>136548376
It's a hidden tax on the middle class. Hospitals are allowed and encouraged to use privately-insured patients to subsidize the rest. This would be impossible with competitive prices. Instead there's this kabuki dance between providers and payers (insurance co.). Middle class gets fucked.

Hidden taxes are great because they're hidden.

See inflation tax, hedonic adjustments to CPI, closing the gold window, etc.
>>
>>136549053
>>136547992
It isn't a hidden tax on anyone. This is what happens when welfare and illegals come along.
Welfare pays basically nothing to the hospital for people treated. This includes Tyrone's multiple gun shot wounds. Pablo doesn't pay anything when he breaks his leg jumping over the fence. Standard insurance companies haggle like Jews, so hospitals have to charge $300 for a pregnancy test hoping the insurance company will only haggle it down to $50 so they can make back some of the free that Tyrone and Pablo get every day.
>>
>>136549461
If Tyrone or Pablo had to pay for their shit instead of getting it handled for free or next to free (depending on whether they had welfare or just simply skipped the bill) everything would reflect more normal prices with more normal markups.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.