[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Germany have nuclear weapons? If not, can Germany build

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: Germany.png (27KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
Germany.png
27KB, 195x258px
Does Germany have nuclear weapons?

If not, can Germany build nuclear weapons? Does it have the knowlegde to build the bomb?
>>
no, yes
>>
File: lol faggot.jpg (12KB, 331x334px) Image search: [Google]
lol faggot.jpg
12KB, 331x334px
>>136461684
>toothpaste questions
>>
>>136461684
Ex axis countries are not allowed to have nuclear weapons
>>
The Imperial Germans do. The cucks occupying the Fatherland have very little firepower, however.
>>
>>136461774

Why doesn't Germany make the bomb? They aren't Nazis anymore, so shouldn't they have the bomb?
>>
File: 1501239837820.jpg (64KB, 527x536px) Image search: [Google]
1501239837820.jpg
64KB, 527x536px
>>136461684
You've played battlefield, how long would it take to destroy 400+ tanks 30 Apaches and a few hundred jets or whatever you have.

That's the duration of any war, nukes will just do write off some districts for a while ala Chernobyl. Love the bomb lol
>>
>>136461684
Not offcially, but some years ago, a intern said, that they "of course" had nuclear weapons. He was a former BND-agent.
>>
>>136462040

I didn't know that. So Germans have secret weapons? Hitler would be proud.
>>
>>136462086
German politicans and such never respected the law, but it does not matter, if we have weapons by our own. Nuclear weapons are for WW3-tier-wars. We have 4 "foreign" nuclearbombs in Germany. In case of such a war, Germany would get the permission from the Un to use it. It is called "Nukleare Teilhabe" (Nuclear Participation).
>>
>>136461941
idk if the treaty they signed after wwii allows them to have a nuclear weapons program. japan might be in the same situation. On another level, though, if you consider that germany is the head of europe in the form of the "state" of the eu, then it would technically have access to nukes although indirectly via France and (formerly lol) Britain
>>
>>136461684
the official numbers are 20 US owned nukes on a german airfield guarded by 140 US soldiers and some germans.
US got no fighters on that airfield.
So no germany got no nukes but 20 are up for grabs should they be needed.
>>
>>136461684
They actually have some nukes that belong to the US.
So Germany officially has no nukes but like any technology advanced nation that has a nuclear program they could build functional nukes in under 4 months if they really want.

Even Switzerland had a nuclear program that went as far as building working prototypes before abandoning it for a "defense pact".
Honestly I'm convinced that we still have a few of them stored in a mountain bunker...
>>
>>136461684
Germany didnt need nuclear weapons
When they implement the EU Army they surely will build a few
>>
>>136462086
Its nuclear weapons stored in west germany by the US in case to use in a war.
Considering the US was so careless with them i wouldnt be supprised if there were also soviet nukes stored that can be accessed without codes.
>>
>>136461684
Not officially.
Also: nigga we invented most of the tech for it.
As if the V2 was not supposed to be intercontinental once it becomes V3.

We had Scientists working on Plutonium and the most left the country cuz muh anti-semite.
>>
>>136461684
Is this fucking google? Fuck off!
>>
>>136461941
according to the West Germany will be nazis for the rest of their existance
>>
Anyone can build a nuke. The hard part is getting weapons grade uranium or plutonium.
>>
>>136461684

>Although Germany is one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world, since World War II it has generally refrained from using this technology to outfit its own armed forces with weapons of mass destruction (WMD), although it participates in the NATO nuclear weapons sharing arrangements and trains for delivering nuclear weapons.

>Germany is among the powers which possess the ability to create nuclear weapons but has agreed not to do so (under the terms of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons as reaffirmed by the Two Plus Four Treaty).

>Like other countries of its size and wealth, Germany has the skills and resources to create its own nuclear weapons quite quickly if desired. The Zippe-type centrifuge was, indeed, invented by captured Germans working in the Soviet Union in the 1950s, and URENCO operates a centrifuge uranium enrichment plant in Germany.

>In 2007, former German defence secretary Rupert Scholz stated that Germany should strive to become a nuclear power.[10] In September 2007 the French president Nicolas Sarkozy offered Germany to participate in the control over the French nuclear arsenal. Chancellor Merkel and foreign minister Steinmeier declined the offer however, stating that Germany "had no interest in possessing nuclear weapons".[11] Due to concerns over Vladimir Putin's actions, Merkel reversed her position, stating to the German press, "As long as there are nuclear weapons in the world, we need to have these capabilities, as NATO says." [12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction
>>
File: 0azlbhf9kw6y.jpg (223KB, 637x540px) Image search: [Google]
0azlbhf9kw6y.jpg
223KB, 637x540px
>germs get nuclear weapons
>use them on christian countries
wew lad i'm glad they don't have any.
>>
>>136467056
the motherfuckers over at Siemens have been flooding the world with Uranium-enrichment centrifuges
>>
>>136461684
I think Germany should rearm.
>>
>>136467056
>Anyone can build a nuke. The hard part is getting weapons grade uranium or plutonium.

Yes and no.

Firstly, the hardest part (as you say) of any nuke is making the material. It takes a huge industrial commitment to produce enough material to actually build a bomb with. Once you do that, you've done like 98% of the work.

Virtually anyone with enough material can make a very crude gun-type nuclear weapon, which is a very simple design (it's literally just a tube with some material on both ends, and you fire one end at the other - and voila, nuclear explosion), but it's very inefficient and you waste most of your material in the process. The gun-type weapon is also going to be large, fragile, not very safe, etc, especially if you are an amateur nuclear weapons maker.

Making a modern, miniaturized, safe (to handle) nuclear weapon is much more difficult. It requires a lot of special engineering and materials to accomplish. But such bombs are much more efficient, meaning you can build more bombs with less material, and they can be safely (and reliably) put onto things like missiles.
>>
>>136469310
Yeah I agree, but we're talking about state actors here. When I said anyone, I meant any first world country especially a country that puts a special emphasis on its industry like Germany. Hell, even some third world shithole could do it if it could get its hands on the material, but most of them can't because the second they show their intentions the international community will decimate it.
>>
>>136469275

How? You are occupying their nation, and restricted their military power.
>>
>>136461684
We don't, but we could have them any time
Storing that shit is kinda expensive, which is why the baguettes tried to share their bombs with us.
>>
File: ConradPostcard1930_Page_1.jpg (658KB, 1720x1214px) Image search: [Google]
ConradPostcard1930_Page_1.jpg
658KB, 1720x1214px
>>136461684
Is there a German Anon who can read this? My Great, Great Grandfather received it from his brother in 1930.
>>
>>136469808

Yes of course, any modern industrial state can make modern nukes, especially given how most of them are in bed with one another - ie, if Germany really wanted nukes, it would probably just lease them from the US or it would ask for technical assistance from US, UK, France, etc. Japan for example has everything they need to build modern nukes just laying around - it's only a matter of whether they have the will to assemble them.
>>
>>136461684

We have the knowledge since before ww2 - hitler deemed them inhuman and forbid to use them. The soviets stole the plans when entering berlin - the german scientists in the ussr built them.
>>
>>136470273
>We have the knowledge since before ww2 - hitler deemed them inhuman and forbid to use them.

In reality they tried to make them, but couldn't:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_nuclear_weapon_project
>>
>>136470656
Vemork heavy-water plant.
>>
>>136470656
>in reality [nazi Wikipedia article]
I don't care who of you is right, but you realize how ridiculous that is, don't you? Trusting Wikipedia on anything in regards to WWII is dumb as fuck
>>
>>136470175
I think both Germany and Japan will start to develop their nuclear programs in the near future though.

Germany is trying to yoke itself free from the US millitary support under Trump and they don't want the world to perceive them as trying to rearm themselves due to the whole WW2 deal. I think they'll get their hands on them with the whole EU army deal they're pushing forward. That way they won't give out that antagonistic vibe towards other EU countries and will solidify their position within the whole structure while getting access to both nuclear weapons and its research.

I think Japan also understands that they need nukes just to balance the power of China and other rivals in east china sea, but they're also under some post WW2 pacifist commitment that they won't engage in any millitary efforts, but they're trying to loosen the policy nowadays.
>>
>>136470656

(((wikipedia)))

>anyone believing the all-lies war criminal timeline of history
>>
>>136471285

What is Germany's end goal?
>>
>>136471014
>>136471502
>AHHHHHHHHHHH OH MY GOD SOMETHING THAT CONTRADICTS THE RETARDED SHIT I JUST MADE UP FOR NO REASON
>BETTER SPERG OUT AND MAKE IT REALLY OBVIOUS THAT I'M AN IDIOT

ok?

hitler did not stop the third reich from trying to make nukes
>>
>>136468511
it was the US who cleansed the near east of christianity
>>
>>136471923
your clay
>>
>>136470083
sorry this is sinderlin (a certain writing style) or some shit, it would take some time for me to figure it out
>>
>>136472056
>capslock
>strawman
>"ok?"
As I said, I don't care who's right, the fact that you get so buttmad because I'm telling you that wikipedia is a shitty historical source is hilarious though.
Are you new here?
>>
>>136473395

you made an idiotic claim and then went full sperg when I posted one (1) link to wikipedia

get the fuck outta here kid, you're done
>>
>>136461941
If we get attacked we just send out millions of refugees to their country
>>
>>136473618
>you made an idiotic claim
You can't read ID's, you think wikipedia is a good source for anything about WWII, you redditspace like an idiot (seriously what the fuck) and write shit like
>get the fuck outta here kid, you're done

Thanks for showing the whole thread that you're a recent leddit migrant

PS: there is no need to put space inbetween every statement, it's done on le ddit to make your post seem bigger and garner attention, doing so here will only earn you disdain
>>
>>136473618
I want you to remember this line in a year or two and feel ashamed for it, young one.
>>
>>136473855
>>136475184

lmfao @ your brain
>>
>>136461684
They probably think armies and bombs are racist. Poland should just annex them and rid us of the eternal kraut.
>>
>>136473188

Never.
>>
>>136475503
No. I don't want any stinking muslims in my country.
>>
>>136472056

Nobody said that - he did forbid to use them though.
>>
>>136461684
The Germans will eventually get their nukes via some EU army loophole shit. Probably from France.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.