[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /pol/ support the RAISE Act? http://www.investors.com/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (303KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
303KB, 1000x800px
Does /pol/ support the RAISE Act?

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/can-raise-act-make-immigration-work-for-america-again/
>>
File: post_national.jpg (56KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
post_national.jpg
56KB, 736x552px
>>136412944
>I want to import foreign elites who form a rich and powerful fifth column and vote against the interests of the European ethnic groups
>>
>>136412944
>The new law, dubbed the "Reforming American Immigration for a Strong Economy Act," or the "Raise Act," focuses on the legal side of the immigration equation. Right now, our system for handing out green cards makes no sense.
>Those who come here get to bring in their extended families, who get green cards, too, if they want them. Even so, these family members often end up on welfare. Meanwhile, another 50,000 people a year represent "diversity" picks, selected for green cards by lottery.
>The latest reform puts an end to the diversity lottery, and limits a legal immigrant to bringing in only their spouses, kids and parents. It doesn't change the number of green cards handed out to high-skilled workers annually — currently about 140,000 under the H-1B and H-2B programs — but fundamentally changes how they're handed out, creating a "point system" that gives preference to applicants who are young, skilled, educated, have a high-paying job offer and who speak English.
>"The Raise Act prevents new migrants and new immigrants from collecting welfare and protects U.S. workers from being displaced," said President Trump. "And that's a very big thing; they're not going to come in and just immediately go and collect welfare."
>The authors of the bill say the goal is to reduce the number of green cards from the current level of about 1 million a year to half that. But that decline is deceiving, since many green cards go to extended family members.
>Not surprisingly, the media and progressive Trump-haters have had a field day, calling the new plan — and Trump — "racist," "fascist," "xenophobic," among other choice epithets.
>>
>>136413284
One of the best points I've heard made explained it like this:

Right now, 1 of every 15 immigrants who are given a green card have the necessary skills to support themselves. The rest almost automatically enter a public welfare program.

This seems like a really good way to start getting Americans including legal immigrants off the dole
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.