[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I noticed Austin Peterson when he was running as a libertarian

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: austin petersen.jpg (49KB, 618x346px) Image search: [Google]
austin petersen.jpg
49KB, 618x346px
I noticed Austin Peterson when he was running as a libertarian for president in the last election, but now he's running for senate as a republican. I can't vote for him since he's not in my state, but I think he's just the kind of person we need in Washington, and I think I'd like to see him run for president again. Frank Camp interviewed him for The Daily Wire.

>Petersen’s defense of religious liberty during the Fox Business Network debate has become a flashpoint in his political career. During an exchange with Gary Johnson, who believes Christian businesses should be forced to participate in activities they find morally objectionable, Petersen flatly stated: “Should a Jewish baker be required to bake a Nazi wedding cake?”

>Regarding the recent trend of protesting and removing statues and monuments dedicated to individuals who were products of their time, often called the “whitewashing of history,” Petersen walks a different path than most conservatives:
>“These things often go too far. The problem is that people are victims of bifurcated thinking; it has to be 100% one way or 100% the other way. I don't celebrate confederate generals, people like Nathan Bedford Forrest, who was the founder of the KKK. If he's being celebrated on public property, I may have a problem with that.”
>“Probably the best solution,” Petersen stated, “is to either sell the monuments to private owners, or put them in a museum. It's a local issue, and the locals should be able to solve that. I'm running for federal office, and as a federalist, it's not quite any of my business.”

Do you think he could win?
>>
>>136303733
>“I think the best situation for the United States is to cut the rates to a flat tax of 15% across the board, which, from what I understand, most economists say would provide the revenue that's necessary to maintain the core minimum functions of government – police, fire, courts, military. That's my idea of a limited government that's in line with a constitutional Republican platform. I like the plans that Ted Cruz and Rand Paul proposed during their 2016 presidential campaigns.”

>“I was listening to arguments from people like Ron Paul and Judge Andrew Napolitano – they had a perspective on life that had a deep impact on me. I also heard people like Christopher Hitchens (of all people) making pro-life arguments from a perspective of human rights. When I tried to gel those two different viewpoints – libertarian thought versus the arguments I was hearing – I realized that I was being inconsistent. I believe that being pro-life is libertarian because without life, there is no liberty.”

>“The Second Amendment protects all the others. I like to say that I would overturn the National Firearms Act so fast your head would spin. The government has no right to take away our means of self-defense. It's very important that we protect the Second Amendment because that is our last line of defense against tyranny. It's not about hunting; it's about defense against tyranny. I will absolutely defend our right to bear arms unquestionably.”

>He joked: “I believe in a world where gay married couples can defend their marijuana fields with fully automatic machine guns.”
>>
>>136303873

>“On mandatory minimums, I think it's a constitutional issue. We've gotten away from the original intent the Founding Fathers had when they set up our system. The original intent was that judges were supposed to determine the sentences. With mandatory minimums, we’re saying that we do not trust judges, so legislators – who will never come into contact with these criminals, who live in their gated communities, who are not out in the inner cities among the people – are legislating how long these people will serve in prison. That is a mistake. We should take that power from the legislature, and give it back to judges, where it rightfully belongs.”

>What are your favorite YouTube channels?
>“1791L, I'm actually a Patreon for them. Jon Stossel’s channel, ReasonTV, Learn Liberty, Prager U. There's a really great channel that a lot of people don’t know about called Baz Battles – it's a really good representation of historic battles from antiquity. Daily Wire, Ben Shapiro. I'm a big fan of Cinemassacre, Cracked, and Philip DeFranco as well.”
>>
>>136303733
mr. Peterson, you're not getting any support from here unless you name the jew. until you're ready, keep lurking
>>
>>136304196
I'm just excited about him because he's a person I agree with very much, but he's young, likable, and in some ways liberal enough to actually get votes and win elections. I voted Trump, but I wasn't enthusiastic about him, he's too big government for me. I'd love to support Austin Petersen. I wish there were more pro-life libertarians.
>>
>>136304321
well better than a Dem or an (((establishment))) republican
good luck to him then
>>
File: Austin Petersen tweet.png (20KB, 638x129px) Image search: [Google]
Austin Petersen tweet.png
20KB, 638x129px
>>136304950
He seems really solid. Like there's some actual guts in him. He's likable, he's fond of new media, and he BTFO'd Joss Whedon when he said that he's happy his mom is dead so she doesn't live with Trump as president.
>>
>>136303733
Hell yeah AP4Senate!
>>
>>136304321
I would vote for you Mr Peterson
>>
>>136303733
He'll be the next Ron/Rand Paul
>>
>>136304950
>>136305605
>>136303733
He is the definition of a lolbertarian
>Muh Open boarders
>Hey Abu want a fast track to citizenship, we sure do need more mechanics...
>>
>>136303733
>I can't vote for him since he's not in my state

you're just lazy
>>
>>136305907
I honestly think so. I think he could pull it off.

>>136305936
He differs with the libertarian party in a few ways. He's against abortion, and he says he rejects the non-aggression principle.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.