[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people on this board believe that democracy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1473563372074.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1473563372074.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
Why do so many people on this board believe that democracy was a mistake?
>>
>>136243532
Because it demonstrably was.
>>
A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.
The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.

-Alexander Fraser Tytler
>>
but don't get me wrong, faschits or commies aren't any better
>>
>>136243584
Demonstrate it then.
>>
File: 20150508_Roger_Koeppel.jpg (124KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
20150508_Roger_Koeppel.jpg
124KB, 960x540px
>>136243532
democracy is very muh like "muh real communism" which never really got implemented (correctly/fully) and hence it also never really failed/was a mistake.
>>
File: 1501311874671.jpg (138KB, 1023x745px) Image search: [Google]
1501311874671.jpg
138KB, 1023x745px
>>136243532

>Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Movie a century ago about how establishment already owned the US, still the same shit today. Democracy is a fucking joke
>>
>>136243532
Democracy is okay as long as you don't have a big centralised government.

ex. one state/province votes higher taxes, you can just move to a low-tax state.

But if the government administers a large welfare state, then you'll be taxed heavily wherever you go
>>
>>136243619
Roman civilization existed for a thousand years. Two thousand if you count Byzantium.
>>
Constitutional democratic republics were a mistake. See: Trump. Pure democracies would be even more of a mistake.

All you need to do is convince the stupid masses and you win. Trump is an idiot who happened to know how to swindle other idiots. He became POTUS by being a complete clown. President Obama was the last president of the US before the fall. From now on, you will see more and more offices taken by celebrities who have no talent but maximum popularity because of their careers completely unrelated to law, politics, or anything learned at all.

Thankfully Trump is on the way out and Pence is at least a more standard and reasonable politician, even if he's a homophobic old dinosaur. But I have no hope for the next election. What will it be, Zuckerberg vs The Rock vs Kim Kardashian? A complete fucking joke.
>>
>>136244416
With direct democracy, i can see even a centralized government doing a good job.
That said, i believe that you only should have a say in matters proportional to your understanding of the issue being voted on.
Rather than staying a democracy, it needs to evolve into a meritocracy.
Black crackheads should never be able to vote in any case whatsoever! Now THAT is democratic! To the REST of the population!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.