[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

America's doctors are terrific, but its healthcare system

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 17

File: bill.jpg (816KB, 1430x2666px) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
816KB, 1430x2666px
>Be me in high school & college: A distance runner in great shape
>Over-train just once for a marathon, but do the race anyway because all 19-year-olds know they're invincible
>End up with runner's knee & stop running for a good six months

(fast forward 15 years)

>I'm a big shot attorney working on (((really important stuff)))
>I even have a Herman Miller Aeron chair, but I sit on a hemorrhoid pillow because of my sedentary, corporate slave lifestyle
>Because I'm a sedentary corporate slave, I like to go out on weekends and drink at bars
>One night, I'm at a Mexican-themed bar enjoying $2 fish tacos
>About an hour or two after eating, the tacos were fixing to say adios, so I head to the bathroom
>I'm in the stall finishing up, and as I stand up, I hear a loud crunching sound and feel a sharp jolt of pain going up my leg
>My knee buckles, and I fall back onto the toilet while letting out an audible groan
>Oh fuck, my knee is dislocated.
>Oh fuck, my knee cap is on the side of my leg.
>One bro in the bathroom helped me relocate my knee so that I could stand up and walk
>Another helped me to the hospital
>Transient lateral patellar dislocation + comminuted fracture of the medial patellar facet + torn medial patellofemoral ligament at its patellar attachment.
>Was in surgery the next morning for an open reduction internal fixation of the patella
>Pic related is the bill.
>>
>>136240083
70k LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO fuck i love serbia now
>>
>>136240083
Wouldn't have cost me a dime.
>>
File: FREEDOM.jpg (1MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FREEDOM.jpg
1MB, 3008x2000px
>>136240218

Neither does your FREEDOM thanks to patriots like us
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>136240083

I just spent 3 wks admitted with round the clock cultures blood work labs, pain shots and iv antibiotics.

All from being poked by a fucking rose bush. How much will my bill be?? I had 3 diff surgeries to remove a rare strep plus some fungus from my arm. Toting around 3 massive drains in hand/arm.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>136240083
I work in case management at a hospital, and the system is so convoluted, it's not even funny. The feds and states change their rules so fast that by the time you catch up for reimbursement, the standards and measures change.

Did you know if you have a heart attack and get admitted to the hospital, then get re-admitted within 30 days, the hospital gets a percentage of their reimbursement deducted? Even if you get hit by a bus, or have diahhrea, once you get readmitted, it is a case against us to reduce reimbursement.

shit is messed up.
>>
Someone have to pay for all the free treatment the minorities are getting, right?
>>
>>136240497
Wow you BTFO his so hard
>>
>>136240742

Did you have any kind of insurance?
>>
>>136241043

Yup. Me, along with the rest of the taxpayers, get to pay for their free healthcare. It especially sucks, since I used to be a paramedic and know first-hand that $208 for a fucking IV push of medication is absurd. When I was taking the licensing exam, if you took longer than 3 minutes to perform that task, you'd instantly fail.

Also, the $220 splint they gave me is available on Amazon for $30. It's the exact same one.
>>
>>136241345

Yes. $450/month + $7000 deductible ($1000 deductible for in-network, but that deductible doesn't apply to copays, and since everyone bills separately, I have to pay a copay on about 30 different services all stemming from the same event.
>>
>>136240742
what the fuck
>>
>>136241491
What. Here I pay 100 euros a month + 350 euros own risk a year and I can basically get superaids and cancer and get every treatment for free.
>>
>>136240083
Good thing McCain saved Obamacare or you'd be in REAL trouble!
>>
>>136240979

It's incredibly screwed up. I was billed separately by the anesthesiologist, the radiologist, the radiography group, the hospital, the orthopedic surgeon, the ER docs, and the physical therapist. Note that all of these services were rendered during my 2-day admission.

Basically, the $1,000 deductible is a joke, because the copays on all of the rest are what will get me to the max out-of-pocket deductible. My premiums plus the max out-of-pocket rate come to just north of $12,000, which is probably close to what the insurance company paid on the $70,000.
>>
File: BigPharmcantlosecustomers.jpg (47KB, 627x633px) Image search: [Google]
BigPharmcantlosecustomers.jpg
47KB, 627x633px
There is so much money in medicine you cannot trust it anymore. The current model is lifelong treatment for everything they diagnose you with.

Oh and cancer? Yeah that's worth Trillions a year. It's a money machine, so I'm sure they'll be curing it real soon.

Modern medicine is a scary thing, and it's getting scarier by the day.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>136240979
>the system is so convoluted, it's not even funny
It's purposefully made so that companies can obfuscate the looting and extortion. Drug companies, HMOs, doctors, unions, all in on the scam.

There is no solution to this. Once the parasite grows this large it kills the host. Pic related.
>>
Psssh, thats nothing. I got a 140k bill for a collarbone repair, and then broke the same bone a year later, good for another 100k. I paid nothing.
>>
>>136241841
yea, that's not uncommon. So here's how that works: if you work as a doctor, being directly hired by the hospital is going to be an insurance liability for them. So most doctors are contracted employees, often employed by third-party multi-specialty groups or hospitalist groups (biggest two in america are IPC Hospitalists and US Acute Care Services, or USACS). Those are going to bill you separately. Same with surgeons, anesthesiologists, etc. Then you have the actual hospital bill for the room, the nurses, the food, prescriptions, etc. In the end, i wouldn't be surprised if the average hospital patient ends up with a minimum of three separate bills.
>>
File: 1477094709655.jpg (156KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
1477094709655.jpg
156KB, 373x327px
>>136241901
>>
>(((for-profit))) healthcare

ehehehehe good goys
stay away from that soshalism and death panels!
>>
>>136242169
That's the alex jones explanation. The real explanation is that federal and state governments want hospitals to screw up so they don't have to pay back as much, so in order to prevent hospitals from succeeding, they move the goal posts annually, and in some cases, more often.

Big Pharma isn't evil; it's exploiting capitalism. Most hospitals in america have avoided unions. i used to work at a hospital that unionized, and it was a huge mess. Lost half the nursing staff and got shut down for a week by the Joint Commission.

Doctors are contracted employees; if they diagnose you, it's their true opinion. They don't care if you get billed for more. In fact, their metrics often have you coming in and out as fast as possible. I've seen some of their contracts; an average hospitalist makes about $150k/year for a 40-hour, not-on-call work week, whereas an orthopedic surgeon starts around $440k/year. We have a new neurotrauma doc who is starting a 7 days on/7 days off schedule (basically a 32-hour work week), and he is starting at $550k/year. They earn their money.
>>
>>136240497
I'll have you know we sent about a hundred young Danes to die in pointless Iraqi wars so we're PATRIOTS too.
>>
File: pricing.png (334KB, 1498x871px) Image search: [Google]
pricing.png
334KB, 1498x871px
I don't know how (((they))) get away with this.
>>
>>136241901
>implying that the free market wouldn't make a startup that managed to cure cancer ridiculously rich
>>
>>136242716
When you buy medical devices on amazon and it fails, you can't sue amazon; you sign that waiver that says you're buying this on your own volition.

Using a cast or splint from a hospital puts the liability on the hospital; if it fails, the hospital must pay for the damages incurred. You're not paying a 1000% markup, you're paying for the assurance that this medical device won't fail.
>>
File: BigPharmainanutshell.jpg (187KB, 1000x716px) Image search: [Google]
BigPharmainanutshell.jpg
187KB, 1000x716px
>>136242449
You can think what you want you brainwashed Kraut, but modern medicine works for big pharma, and big pharma is one of the most profitable industries in the world.

Shit's fucked.
>>
>>136241692
Good you'll need it for the rampant russian super aids.
>>
>>136242919
>You're not paying a 1000% markup, you're paying for the assurance that this medical device won't fail.

You could by 100s of splints for the price of one that "won't fail" (of course if it does the only way to get the money back is expensive litigation).

Your system is fucked. You have to realize your logic makes zero sense for anything outside critical hardware like a pacemaker.
>>
>>136242839
Implying they wouldn't be instantly dead like anyone who figures out how to make oil from co2 or something
>>
>>136242919
>>136242919
what if i dont want to pay the assurance u fukn nerd
>>
>>136243322
False. Even if you reached 99.9997% manufacturing before failure, that 0.0003% could bankrupt you, depending on the amount of damage done. If a knee brace fails and the patient collapses and breaks a hip, that's a huge suit, millions of dollars in damages. By holding the medical device company responsible, you're ensuring the hospital isn't going to get sued into bankruptcy.
>>136243478
you can refuse treatment, go home AMA, order your splint from amazon and cross your fingers. Nobody forced you to go to the hospital and get treatment; that's a conscious decision you make.
>>
>>136242591

Exactly. I had to specifically ask my insurance company to mail me a copy of my policy (it's a 50-page book). When I signed up for the policy, they told me that the "explanation of the plan and benefits" is available upon request. I requested it after the surgery, and was shocked to learn that I agreed to let them know in writing of any objections within 10 days of signing up. They know no one will actually read the policy.

What I found most interesting about it was how they determine what they're actually going to pay. For in-network covered entities, they have a (((contracted rate))) that's not disclosed. For all others, including in-network covered expenses that don't have a (((contracted rate))), it's "110% of the published rates allowed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the same or similar services within the geographic market." That means you'd have to go to cms.gov and find the published rates for each line item on the bill. And those rates change yearly via the federal rulemaking process.

Oh yeah, and if you don't get a referral from your PCP (which they assign when you first sign up), then they're only paying 80% of regular policy benefits. Basically, you have to make sure that the doctor you see (even when they're in-network) is the doctor they have listed as your PCP. Because of that, my deductible is effectively 20% higher ($8,220).
>>
>>136242839
they would let anybody without cash just suck it. they can pay all they are able to forever for non-curing treatment rather than the cancer cure, even if manufacturing costs is like 50 cent.
the real big fat cats though! they could get it for BILLIONS.
fucking supply and demand dude! capitalism yeah!
>>
What's misleading about this photo is that it just shows the bill from the hospital. When you have health insurance all those services have a contracted rate which are much lower than what's billed. That bill was probably 4 to 5 k when insurance contracts are factored in. If you're not a retard and got a better choice of insurance through hour work at the worst you'd have a 1500 deductible, or 10% coinsurance

t. someone who works for a health insurance company and looks at claims all day
>>
>>136243661
Are u guys rly greedy like they show u to be in the jigsaw movies ? refusing cancer treatment cuz the guy probably will die?
>>
>>136240083
You experienced the problem first hand. What allows them to charge you $70,000?

You got an okay deal on the morphine though.
>>
>>136243661
are you impying that the actual costs amount to those numbers? no.
regardless of who pays the bill, insurance or not... the size of that bill is preposterous! remember that insurance is paid for as well! and in the end, who is it that funds the insurance company? that's right... YOUR money.
>>
>>136242919

That's not exactly true. You're paying for assurance that the splint selected is the medically proper treatment for your condition.

You're *not* paying for assurance that the splint won't fail or fall apart. In fact, you specifically waive those rights at hospitals, because that's a products liability issue (either a manufacturing defect or design defect) and so long as the design defect isn't of the type that would raise malpractice concerns, it's completely separate.
>>
>>136243853
insurance is also funded through reinsurance. I used to work for a MNE that offered insurance, and reinsured themselves. basically betting on whether or not you would fail. No idea how it wasn't considered a ponzi scheme, but that's why i left insurance.
>>
>>136242449
kys retard

>>136242839
there is no free market on medicine you fucking retard, it's one of the most regulated industries. it is literally illegal to treat cancer unless you use either chemo, radiation, or surgery
>>
>>136242591
You're one dumb fucking retard.
>>
>>136243969
I can tell you first hand that when a medical device fails, it doesn't matter if you "waive the right" to sue the hospital, most end up putting the hospital as a party to the suit.
We have this one suit right now where a pelvic mesh implant failed and they're suing the company and the hospital. Why? because they claim the hospital "sold" it to them. Like you can just come to the hospital and say "one pelvic mesh implant, please". No. But that doesn't stop dirty jew lawyers from trying to get more cash.

In fact, in this case, they sued the hospital and the doc who installed the implant, in addition to the implant manufacturer.

>>136244065
y-you too.
>>
>>136240083
>Be stupid
>Why aren't other people paying for my stupidity?
rly mak mee tink
>>
>>136244124

Of course you'd name the hospital as a defendant, because they're going to implead the distributor/manufacturer/designer as a third-party defendant. But, from the perspective of the petitioner, the hospital could have made the device themselves. That's why the hospital is always named & the discovery process sorts out the actually issues .
>>
>>136243661
see
>>136243604
>>
>>136244355
yea, but for this one case, the plaintiff's attorney used deliberate language to indicate that the hospital "sold" a certain product. We don't sell shit. you can't come into the hospital and buy a bag of saline. Hospitals are a service industry, not products or tangible goods.

dirty jew lawyer just wants to put on as many defendants as possible to charge for more hours.
>>
>>136242839
Yep, tell that to Rick Simpson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endocannabinoid_system

https://youtu.be/hmYNLNF7NBw
>>
File: Spending.jpg (47KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
Spending.jpg
47KB, 638x479px
>>136243604
This kind of thing used to be subject to regulation by state insurance commissions, but those agencies have become less than useless over the decades.

>Complain to state agency
>"We can't help; that's federal."
>Complain to federal agency
>"That's the sort of thing that state insurance commissions manage"

It's truly fucked. Healthcare spending in 2015 was $3.4 trillion, or 18.9% of the entire GDP. And that has been rising for decades. It's eating the economy alive. But the thing is, if the bubble ever bursts, it will destroy one of the biggest sources of job gains over that same time period.
>>
File: 1415221228849.jpg (353KB, 1000x794px) Image search: [Google]
1415221228849.jpg
353KB, 1000x794px
>>136244473

The "service industry" line would make sense if we lived in a world where restaurants didn't publish their prices, but instead "negotiated" the prices for members of various clubs. If you're not a member of any of those clubs, they will quote you an insane price so that the effective price is whatever you've got.
>>
>>136244124
There has already been big med-mal reform in states like Texas, and their healthcare is just as fucking expensive as the rest of the country. The Rio Grande Valley has some of the highest medical expenses per capita in the entire nation.
>>
>>136243574
>you can refuse treatment, go home AMA, order your splint from amazon and cross your fingers. Nobody forced you to go to the hospital and get treatment; that's a conscious decision you make.

The problem with this logic is that it implies the hospital's duty of care extends past discharge. It doesn't. My point was that I could have purchased the *exact* same splint (same manufacturer, same size, same device) on my own based on the doctor's recommendation and assumed the same risk I'd assume after leaving the hospital.
>>
>>136245296
actually a hospital's duty of care does extend past discharge. we have a team of discharge planners who follow up with patients for months after their initial visit, making sure they're taking meds and maintaining regular appointments.
>>
>>136245565

Here, that's the responsibility of the practitioners you encountered
>>
>>136241491

I thought you were Le high powered rich lawyer? Why is your health insurance such garbage? My deductible is like $400 kek
>>
the dope was the cheapest thing on the list
>>
>>136240497
Oh yeah Denmark faces so many threats.
>>
>>136240083
The only cheap pill is the oxy.
Stay classy big pharma
>>
>>136241414
>>136241043
>le minorities get free healthcare meme
>>
>>136246335

Dirt poor minorities DO get free healthcare. They go to emergency rooms for everything, where they cannot be refused service. When the bill comes in the mail they don't pay it. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>136246498
That's not free. They get billed and are burdened with debt, and prices are raised for everyone else to make up lost payments. That's not free.
>>
File: 02.png (46KB, 593x457px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
46KB, 593x457px
>be american
>can't have sex until you're 30
>can't drink until you're 45
>pay a million to learn about white privilege at a McCollege
>pay another 3 million in student loan interest
>pay yet another 5 million for a cardboard hovel with no electricity or indoor plumbing
>finally get a job shoveling shit(a masters degree is required for this in murrika) at $0.50 an hour
>work until you're 80 just to pay interest on your mortgage and student loan
>get shot at by illiterate 16 year old cops every time you go downtown
>luckily your $50000/month health insurance covers 5% of the 2 million dollar hospital bill for your gunshot wounds
LAND OF THE FREE :DDD
>>
Do doctors make millions in the US or something?
>>
File: emergencytaxiservice.jpg (414KB, 850x769px) Image search: [Google]
emergencytaxiservice.jpg
414KB, 850x769px
>>136246681

You can't take food stamps from someone and you can't take away their section 8 housing. You can try to garnish their SSDI checks, but you're not going to get much.

>>136246498

When I was a paramedic, I regularly encountered this. They would call da ambalamps on hot days in the summer just because they knew it was a free ride to the air conditioned ER.
>>
>>136248267
nostradamus has returned.
>>
>>136241491
>$450/month + $7000 deductible
And this is why Obamacare is fucking awful. 10 years ago this was $45/month with $1000 deductible.

>t. fellow $60k surgery anon. (Clavicle)
>>
File: cheese-rolling.jpg (187KB, 915x500px) Image search: [Google]
cheese-rolling.jpg
187KB, 915x500px
>>136240083
Holy fuck, it's a sign anon. Take out as much money as you can, buy gold and bug out to Mexico. Fuck work, you gotta get your health right, try that Joe rogan white blood cell therapy there too.
>>
>>136248473
Close. They make at least 100k a year, depending on their speciality.
This country has a problem with medicine, and it starts with changing medical schools. They keep people out so they can create a shortage of MDs so they can charge high rates. That's why PAs are the future. They are just as qualified, and they deal with patients more often, as opposed to the awkward MDs who have spent their entire lives with their head in a book
>>
File: raepfaise.jpg (96KB, 575x779px) Image search: [Google]
raepfaise.jpg
96KB, 575x779px
>>136240083
Pay the fucking bill kike! We all know that you have the cash.
Whether it's one dollar or $100,000 you'll kvetch just the same.
>>
>>136246124

I bought the "Gold Copay Select" plan, which was the best offered by the insurance company recommended to us by The Florida Bar.
>>
File: 1483818991967.jpg (63KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
1483818991967.jpg
63KB, 475x356px
>>136243112
>pretending that the natural state of mankind is perfect health.
>taking modern medical science completely for granted.
>>
>>136240083
i love these fake OP stories trying to push the "TOTAL CHARGES" as an actual bill in 2017 when these are charges for service to your insurance company. Notice how they never show the very first page/top of the page where it says in big red letters "THIS IS NOT A BILL"
t. hospital admin
>>
>>136250215
this
>>
>>136240083
You spent 4 nights in hospital for a dislocated knee? What a faggot. Also, what was your out of pocket expense?
>>
>>136250215

Actually, it says "THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THIS BILL RESTS WITH THE GUARANTOR" -- it's because I questioned the legitimacy of a collections action. Someone's telling me I owe $4,000 for something and when I asked them to prove that I owe money, they sent me this bill.
>>
>>136250215
This
>>
>>136250476
You're a bigshot lawyer who let a bill that large go to collections? I think you're actually a 20 year old larping CTR shill.
>>
>>136250672
rekt
>>
>>136250476
fuck you, stupid lying piece of shit. eveyone pays an amount according to their insurance that they have. its called out of pocket expense and it is either a flat amount or a percentage. once the out of pocket threshold is met, the insurance company covers all the rest. for this bill, OP has to pay around 2-3k out of pocket, meaning he throws $20 in an envelope and pays to his insurance company for covering 90% of it all to save his knee. if he isnt lying about his job, he can pay it off in 2 months.
>>
1500 bucks for every 15 minutes they operate? Holy fuck, maybe i should get myself to america while the going is good. We get fucking nothing
>>
>>136251071
>>136250672

Don't defend insurance companies. I just want actual proof of what I owe based on the services rendered.

If you read this thread, you'll see that I'm pissed that my deductible + premiums makes it so that insurance isn't really providing much help at all, since they're not paying the amount the hospital is billing.
>>
>>136240083
>I even have a Herman Miller Aeron chair, but I sit on a hemorrhoid pillow because of my sedentary, corporate slave lifestyle
>Because I'm a sedentary corporate slave, I like to go out on weekends and drink at bars

at least you're honest, now do yourself a favor and loose weight fat ass
>>
>>136240742
dude you're a layer, I watch Suits, so go do layer shit like yelling at other lawyers then letting over the wall redhead hags and not tits not ass ugly faced mixed shitskins tell you what to do
>>
>>136251410
insurance companies are making sure people have a way to get to the fucking hospital without having to pay those huge bills directly, faggot. its obamacare that fucked over the insurance companies and the people. everything was just fine before obamacare - all it did was force everyone to pay into a money pot that doesnt even fucking go towards helping people pay their insurance. it just goes to the federal government to use on other things.

everyone had insurance before this - its called Medicaid and is for everyone - and even acts retroactively. those who needed more long-term care for a problem were put on Medicare.
KYS you kneejerk reactive piece of shit. you have no idea how any of this works and are just trying to find some sort of entity to hate. hate obamacare as its a system placed on top of a system that already fucking worked
>>
>>136242839
google GcMAF and nagalese
look at all those dead doctors that used GcMAF
>>
>>136248267
kek this should have crazy digits cause it's 100% true
>>
>>136240083
and now /fit/ knows why I don't lift
>>
those are actually some pretty good rates for a level 4 emergency visit and 3 days observation, although i would question the 18k 2.5 hour surgical charge, since when do they bill hours instead of the cpt iself?

this can all be mitigated somewhat if hospitals were forced to publish their chargemasters.
>>
>>136243853
Socialized health care:
>instead of charging you for your bill we are going to charge you over the course of your lifetime even if you don't get sick or need treatment!

Privatised health care without insurance
>here pay this $60000 bill because you were too retarded to get insurance

Privatised health care with insurance
>because you are a responsible citizen you now only have to pay a small percentage of your medical bill, you also get access to top tier doctors because your country isn't a socialist shit hole and you don't lose all your money to taxes while the insurance companies, who are a billion dollars industry get to absorb most of the medical costs

One of these is the lesser of all evils.
>>
>>136242188
Did they come after you? Has it fucked up your credit?
>>
File: 1501487087576.png (268KB, 773x426px) Image search: [Google]
1501487087576.png
268KB, 773x426px
>>136252810
>small percentage
>3/4 americans have to declare bankrupcy when they break an arm
>>
>>136253089
3/4 of Americans bankrupt is preposterous.
Those who declare bankruptcy over medical costs most likely didn't have insurance plans.
Its not the governments responsibility to make sure you have your bases covered.
>>
>>136240218
It costs someone something
Dont fool yourself into thinking its a free meal
>>
>>136251975
>
don't waste your time on this larping faggot anon he already got rekt numerous times already
>>
>>136240083
Public healthcare cannot survive when so many of the population are leeches. Aka nigs/sandpeople/mexicans

It only really works in homogeneous societies.
>>
The medical expenses paid by individuals and their insurance are insane in large part to the US governments reimbursement of medical services. The Feds set compensation so that doctors almost break even for treating Medicare patients and LOSE money on Medicaid patients with the explicit understanding that providers will make up the difference by billing insured patients more. When leftists are blowing smoke up your ass about the administrative efficiency of Medicare it's because they don't use actuaries to set prices, they look at the cost data insurers legally have to provide them and pay 60 to 80% of that. Privately insured citizens subsidize the welfare state twice, once with taxes and again with their premiums/medical bills (which the left pains themselves to hide behind the lie that insurance is hugely profitable,3-6% margin might be good for a grocery but miserable for multi billion $ operations).
>>
>>136253089
I broke my leg, spiral fracture of the tibia. Required surgery to reset my ankle bones and reinforce the leg with a titanium rod and six screws.

I paid $200 for it over the course of 4 months. Each visit was $25.

Because I had insurance.
>>
You know why it's so expensive? BECAUSE OF THE FUCKING BLOOD SUCKING LAWYER FAGGOTS LIKE YOU. IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU PARASITES WE COULD DO THINGS TWICE AS FAST AND MANY TIMES CHEAPER, BUT NO, WE HAVE TO COVER OUR ASSES AT EVERY FUCKING STEP AND BUY EXPENSIVE ASS INSURANCE POLICIES TO MAKE SURE YOU LOT DON'T CONVINCE A PATIENT TO BRING BIG DADDY GOVERNMENT KNOCKING AT OUR DOOR.

GAS THE LAWYERS, TORT REFORM NOW.
>>
>>136254497
this
and yet obamacare is a disaster
>>
>>136241692
I currently pay 98€/month everything covered. But if I would want somthing lik a titanium hip or the latest fanciest teeth shit I would have to pay the difference
>>
>>136255267
Obamacare is a disaster because it's just socialized medicine without even the one benefit that brings, national collective bargaining
>>
File: 1501736433992.jpg (103KB, 969x969px) Image search: [Google]
1501736433992.jpg
103KB, 969x969px
>>136240083
>Be me as an adult
>Have healthcare and eye care insurance
>Get regular check ups
>Decided to get Lasik surgery in US
>Costs $2000 an eye
>Look up Seoul Lasik surgery prices
>Lasik in Seoul is outdated technology
>Lasik in Seoul is only $200 an eye
>Smile Laser is latest technology
>Brad Pitt and Tiger Woods get Smile surgery from eye clinic I'm checking out
>Go to Seoul
>Diagnoses of eyes takes 2 hours
>They find extreme myopia
>They also find a hole in my retina
>Why hasn't a single US optometrist found the hole in my retina?!?!
>Korean optometrist shows a closeup photo of hole in retina
>Says I can't get retina surgery and Smile Laser surgery in the same month
>Ask how much it costs in US
>They say $1000 for consultation with retina specialists and probably another $3-5K for surgery
>How much in Seoul?
>$100.00
>>
>>136254497
like canada?
>>
>>136255648
How much are you spending on transportation and hotel while there?
>>
>>136256545
Plane ticket was $450 round-trip and each night in the Gangnam district was $50 night. So about $750 on travel and lodging.
>>
>>136255699
Public health care is failing here too Hans
>>
>>136255648
I'm looking into LASIK to, any recommendations? Tips I need?
>>
>>136242839
>implying we have a free market
>>
>>136240742
>had 3 diff surgeries to remove a rare strep plus some fungus from my arm
you can sue the hospital for that bullshit
>>
I would have chopped your leg off for $1000 single payer leg slayer
>>
>>136258293
Ended up going with Smile Laser surgery from BGN Eye Clinic in Seoul. They don't open up your eye like Lasik, and has a faster recovery time. Plus I can get hit in the eye and it won't fuck up the procedure like Lasik. Took three weeks to heal completely. Cost $2000 total; fixed my -10.0 myopia and astigmatism. The doctors in Seoul speak fluent English, didn't have a problem. Now I have 20/20 vision.
>>
Is dental covered in insurance plans in burger land?
We don't even have dental coverage here. The "free" health care here is just bare bones health care with long ass waiting times and shitty customer service.
>>
>>136259251
Anything you can give me so I can create a roadmap of the trip?
>>
>>136242839
No, because any startup that cured cancer would need to charge more money for the cure than the treatment, otherwise they would just sell the treatment instead.
>>
>>136240083
Most American doctors stopped using designated shitting streets six months ago. Hospital infections are among the top five causes of death in the USA.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.