[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welfare Leeches and Kids Insured by their Parents are the Only

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 364786988.jpg (68KB, 500x756px) Image search: [Google]
364786988.jpg
68KB, 500x756px
>Average Individual Health Insurance Premiums Increased 99% Since 2013, the Year Before Obamacare, & Family Premiums Increased 140%, According to eHealth.com Shopping Data

>eHealth reports that average premiums for people not receiving Obamacare subsidies were $393 for individual coverage and $1,021 for family coverage during the first two months of open enrollment; in 2013 individual premiums averaged $197, or $426 for families

>Average individual premium: $393 per month for an individual not receiving subsidies in the first two months of the 2017 open enrollment period. In 2013, the year before major Obamacare provisions came into effect, the average individual premium was $197 per month. Between 2013 and the first two months of the 2017 open enrollment period, average individual premiums have increased 99%

>Average family premium: $1,021 per month for a family not receiving subsidies in the first two months of the 2017 open enrollment period. In 2013, the year before major Obamacare provisions came into effect, the average family’s premium was $426 per month

The U.S. population is roughly 320 million. At it's very peak, obamacare only insured 18 million who previously couldn't get care of afford care. That means, at it's peak, Obamacare helped little more than 5% of the American population while the other 95% have suffered. Now, people are forced to be "insured" on paper or pay a fine but the average person buying a plan can't afford their deductibles of $1,500+ when they used to be sub-$500 so for all practical purposes even more people are uninsured.

How do people still defend this shit-tier, low-life-incintivizing, bullshit?
>>
The only reason it's defended is because healthcare costs were rising at the same rates without it anyways.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (31KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
31KB, 262x200px
>>136234825
Post proof of anything that says this or you're full of shit.
>>
File: 1743974_300.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1743974_300.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
That's what I thought.
>>
>>136234334
Here is the problem. $3.2 trillion per year in medical costs. Population 320 million. That is $10,000 per head. There is simply no way to force the 100 million private sector workers to fund that. It means that every person working a private sector job is expected to generate $32,000 worth of revenue just to cover national health costs. The costs must come down. There is no alternative. In addition, 1% of the population incurs 22% of medical expenses. 5% of the population incurs 50% of the expenses. We need to get rid of this idea that we can dump virtually unlimited amounts of money into every person whose health is failing. Particularly those who do not and have not contributed to the system.
>>
>>136235042
He can't post proof because he was probably a little babby when Americans could still insure themselves and is bluepilled on the whole matter. I was only able to keep my insurance for a little over 2 years before the cost just became too much. Obamacare sent my policy cost through the fucking roof. I'd love to have my old policy back because it was actually good and accepted everywhere.
>>
>>136237268
>We need to get rid of this idea that we can dump virtually unlimited amounts of money into every person whose health is failing. Particularly those who do not and have not contributed to the system.
I agree 100%. Healthcare isn't a "right" that everyone deserves just because "it feels right." It's a combination of products/services that people either have the money to afford or they don't. Half of the US medical costs is directly related to morbid obesity, ie personal choices people make to stuff their face. Couple that with other personal choices people make like popping out welfare kids or smoking 5 packs of cigs a day and it just doesn't make sense that the rest of the population is supposed to shoulder the burden of their own stupid life choices. In the meantime, obamacare, which for all realistic and practical purposes hurts more citizens than it actually helps, needs to be abolished completely and wiped from history.
>>
>>136234334
>At it's very peak, obamacare only insured 18 million who previously couldn't get care of afford care
It's even worse than that. Much worse. Most people forced into Medicaid via Obamacare or who purchased health insurance after implementation due to the individual mandate either don't want insurance or don't want to be on Medicaid.

This is buried in the CBO reports you hear Democrats quote without providing the details. Of those 16 million or 22 million or whatever number they throw out who will "lose their health insurance" if repeal passes, over 90% WANT to "lose their health insurance".
>>
>>136237821
Most of the idiots on this forum either don't pay shit into obamacare and reap the benefits because they won't work or they're 18-23 hanging on to their parents' plans for dear life and not old enough to remember what health insurance was like before or how idiotically bloated with unnecessary shit the plans are

>Stacey and Eddie Albert lead pretty healthy lives. She's a nutritionist. He's a personal trainer. They rarely go to the doctor, other than their annual physicals.

>For years, they were covered by Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey. In 2013, they paid about $360 a month for a plan that met their needs.

>That all changed the following year, when Obamacare took effect. Their premium shot up to around $650 a month for a policy that came with pediatric dental coverage and maternity services -- benefits they didn't use or want since they don't have kids. They ended up dropping the plan after several months and even went a year without coverage for the first time in the decade they've been together, exactly the opposite of what Obamacare was supposed to do.

>http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/31/news/economy/obamacare-health-care-plans/index.html
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.