[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are all atheists blind to God?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 20

File: 1472380669824.jpg (110KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472380669824.jpg
110KB, 1200x1200px
Just because Atheists are smart on average when compared to Christians but that doesn't mean they're right.

They willfully ignore obvious truth.

Lack of proof doesn't mean it didn't happen.
>>
>>136232335
Because atheism is a mental disorder. It's why it's often called spiritual blindness. If you tell a blind person about a painting they accept it even though they don't realize what they are missing. Atheists, though, pretend there is no painting, painter, paint or even colours.

Few of them actually disbelieve because of "a lack of evidence". Most disbelieve because they are afraid of being wrong and accountable. Few have actually read into it. That's why atheists have such shitty religious comprehension skills and see it so simplistically.
>>
>>136232335
>Atheists have higher Intelligence Quotient
>literally just patterns an' shit
>can't find the intelligent pattern that suggests god dun it
?
I like the OP image lets bang instead.
>>
>>136232335
>Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
You are right, nobody can say that God certainly does not exist because we don't have any concrete proof.
However, people CAN say that because of this lack of evidence it is extremely UNLIKELY that God exists. Cosmic Teapot and all that.

You ask why people who only believe in that which they can find evidence of, why they do not believe in something they have no evidence of.
I hope you realize why that is a silly thing to ask.
>>
>>136232810
bumping what will be one reply by this ID bait thanks sweetiepie
Just part and parcel of dealing with Urban, Suburban and Rural retards.
>>
>>136233036
Eh, I'm bored.
Its like 2:30 AM and I have no work left to do here.
So, throwing out thoughts at bots is the best I've got to do seeing as our PC's are running Pentium 3s.
>>
>>136233183
Why can't we get /r9k/ unique bread system??
It's all YOUR fault!
;-;
IT WAS BERNIES TURN "THE JEW HAS RISEN" AND ALL THAT. FUCK DRUMPF WHY??
>>
>>136233568
You better slow down man, you are going to OD on memes.

For real though, don't you get a bit tired saying and reading the same shit over and over again?
>>
>>136233959
No of course not, everytime I go sleep after browsing for a hour while ignoring slide threads I simply love waking up and eight hours later seeing the same shit again.
Don't you comrade?
>>
>obvious truth
>lack of proof
>>
>>136232810
Why can't you look at the night sky and see God?

Just look at the stars and really take it all in.

If you atheists are smart enough, it seems like you would have figured it out.

I don't know.
>>
>>136232335
heh
>>
>>136234397
>OP is ITT but doesn't reply to your offer.
Rude.
>>
>>136232552
this.

I wish there was studies on that and studies about why autism and atheism are correlated because they fucking are.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I despise atheism. I hate it so much because it's an autistic non-substantial purely materialized view of the world where everything lacks spirit and where you don't believe in an afterlife either. How sad can shit even be?! Drives me up the fucking walls. FUCK atheist cucks.

also, claiming God doesn't exist is going too far either. only truth is that we don't know shit about the metaphysical but that NEVER meant it somehow doesn't exist. it's just incredibly far away. just like quantum physics are "far away" as well considering our own size.
>>
Nothing more pathetic than being cucked by a false idea.

Zero evidence for any good, and if you say there is you automatically validate shitskin religions too.

Shedding religion may not be possible for the average normie, but it will be necessary at some point for us to continue forward.
>>
>>136234818
Indeed. It's against our biological imperatives, as well. I'd say "unnatural" but that's too much of a simplification.

That's why we're in this mess. The sooner people realize just how destructive atheism is, the better.

>>136234990
I doubt you've even read anything religious beyond googling Bible contradictions.
>>
>>136234818
Getting this heated over the rejection of an afterlife and how sad it is? Wew, you even phrased it the right way, a open lamenting question.
Could it be you fear the existential crisis of death.

Slightly unrelated but people with autism score higher on IQ iirc, guess what IQ is actually correlated with?!
>>
File: 140078890641.jpg (59KB, 600x609px) Image search: [Google]
140078890641.jpg
59KB, 600x609px
>>136234990
I think we'll get rid of all the autists first through eugenics.

Once we do, everyone will believe in a God.
>>
>>136234078
Whatever floats your boat bruh.
>>136234397
I look at the night sky every night actually. I live in the sticks and have a great view. Being a smoker I sit out at night like 3-4 times depending how late I am up.

I see the Milky Way. I see nuclear fusion reactions in balls of gas millions of years in the past.

Its kind of funny you know, atheists and religious people are more alike than they care to admit. They both see what they believe in creation. The religious see Gods work. The atheists see the work of the rules of the universe.
>>
>>136234818
t. buttblasted godcuck
>>
Because God doesn't exist and Christianity is a sandnigger religion. Kill yourself
>>
>>136232335
>Lack of proof doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Same with the Holocaust.
>>
>>136232335
>Smart
Whether you're Atheist or Christian you cannot deny that the universe has a cause, quantum physics and science may just reveal the answers we all seek, until then, do not give into the lies from the Jews, they make Atheists feel smart just for being faithless and nihilistic, the Keks are right, we do in fact need another crusade.
>>
>>136235074
>That's why atheists have such shitty religious comprehension skills and see it so simplistically.
I was gonna say the same for this but seriousposting in first reply is a CRIME I repeat! A CRIME!
Anyway that first one and:
>I doubt you've even read anything religious beyond googling Bible contradictions.
Wew, Theology is a serious field amiright?
>>
File: 1501609943479.png (425KB, 650x750px) Image search: [Google]
1501609943479.png
425KB, 650x750px
>>136232335
>Atheists are smart on average
Parroting muh science doesn't make you smart.
Most atheists are average/mediocre tryhards.
>>
File: 4chan (248).jpg (25KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
4chan (248).jpg
25KB, 600x514px
>>136232335
>They willfully ignore obvious truth.

We don't let ancient superstitions determine our actions and we see the hypocrisy and general shittyness of christmyth.
>>
>>136235484
It can be an interesting field. Stop acting elitist.

>>136235689
They can't help it. They lie.

>>136235776
t. believes in 57 genders
>this pic
I can't tell if you're retarded enough to think this is clever or not. Either way, I'm glad you will never have children for posting this.
>>
>>136232335
I'm sorry that some pretentious atheist acted like a douche to you OP, that's not cool and reflects badly on the rest of us.

That said, I'm not going to change my mind and start assuming that the writings of ignorant ancient peoples are an absolute truth.
>>
>>136236065

We are all ready for war. It never changes.
>>
>>136232335
>You can't falsify my unfalsifiable statement.
>Checkmate atheists.
Keep up the good work!
>>
I gotta say this while I can OP but the only mistake Christians make is being so fucking cucked, God should be wrathful fuck this other shit, what happened to dashing out the brains of your enemies children on stones so they couldn't breed.
The cucking of Christianity is the same as the cucking of the West, TOLERANCE AND APATHY are the last values of a dying society.
If anything it's why Christians got picked on so much here because of feefee moralfaggotry.
>>136235689
Stop culturally apropriating fedora memes for pro-christian sentiment. I'll report you to the police buddy.

Unrelated but the fact Islam doesn't have to be a religious conviction is interesting.
On it's own in a non-anti, non-enabling environment it shifts into cultural, societal and traditional overtime.
Atheist mudslimes come sometime after this usually.
Really makes me wonder why America diddle fiddled multiple suburban locations in the middle east for so long.
>>
>>136235689
Stereotyping aside, some are retarded tryhards, and the same can be said for some orthodox christians, you think that intellectual supermcy and evidence brought by the scientific method does not count as proof against the existence of God, all we have is the Bible and the shroud of Turin, Christianity like other religions has its fair share of flaws, Jesus said in Matthew 12:31, "Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven." , even though he says in Mark 3:28, ""Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter;", from these accounts comes evidence of a contradiction, blasphemy against the spirit is unforgivable, but all sins according to Jesus can be forgiven, why would God contradict himself?
>>
>>136232335
>giving a being that may or may not exist your attention for bestowing upon us all a mundane existence where the only purpose is to continue said existence

Stay hypercucked
>>
>>136232335
I fundamentally believe that since we cannot entirely prove or disprove the scientific existence of God, it's illogical to believe that with 100% certainty, there isn't a god. However, I will say that Human beings need some sort of philosophical moral code to follow. Religion, specifically Christianity fills in this void perfectly because it gives people ideal purpose to strive for. Modern atheism cannot fill this void mainly because it doesn't have a moral code that promotes universally accepted behavior since "everything is subjective, dude".
>>
File: 1482287903486.jpg (90KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482287903486.jpg
90KB, 1000x600px
>>136236527
Go drink your horse seaman you filthy pagan.
>>
realizing religion of any sort is a bunch of bullshit is the hardest redpill to swallow
>>
>>136237187
I thought your flag was a swastika for a second, but now I realize that stormfags are just as cucked as bolsheviks.
>>
>>136237310
you cant call someone a cuck if believe in something that is on the same level as a fairy tale
>>
>>136237187
Not really since plenty of fucking normies aren't religious, and I would consider the vast of them to be fucking morons.
>>
>>136237097
>He doesn't want to renaissance modern 'Christianity'.
So we keep it cucked and let all the misguided Christians become the cucked top down kind of Trad? What is wrong with you?
By all means it's a well meaning critique of the absolute state of Christians today.
>>
I was a hardcore atheist for all my life but just a couple of days I realized something, all of us were made from something, being the big bang to the creator. And our conscious is basically just a bunch of carbon being sucked together by gravity and reacting with electrons. So that means you could be reborn with your conscious, but we won't know that until we're dead.
>>
>>136237397
it is only one of many red pills
>>
>>136237379
Can't you though? Pure orthodox churches aside, they're pretty much fine with race mixing and ignoring the degenerate society surrounding their house of God in complete fluoride ignorance, seems pretty cucky to me,
>>
>>136237510
may God wipe us out quick though.
>>
>>136237563
im sure we will beat him to it
>>
>>136237502
But your conscious is neurons and electrons an' sheet.
Sorry for the laymens interpretation I can't into neurology.
>>
>>136232335
>i can't prove it, just listen and believe
It doesn't work for "rape victims" and it ain't gonna work for you.
No, it is not obvious that your imaginary friend is real. Because he obviously ismy real. You tard.
>>
>>136232335
i find the idea of supplicating myself to an alien ultrapowerful super entity somewhat pointless as its omnipotence makes human behaviour of all kinds totally transparent and predictable.

whether it exists or not isnt relevant to my life, it seems unlikley that any human perspectives on the divine are even remotely accurate , an omnipotent entity would be so far removed from our understanding its unreal.
>>
>>136232552

False.

Religion is the mental disorder. You suffer from an inability to tell the difference between feels and reals. So you feel like it would be nice if a religion was true and thus by extension of your psychological biases you mistake this feeling for confirmation that it is literally real.

It's just that most people suffer from this mental disorder, so you think it's normal. If everyone had down syndrome it would be considered the norm.

TL;DR most people are retarded.
>>
>>136232335
God may exist, but he's definitely not all that people make him out to be.

He wouldn't be all-knowing and all-good at the same time because of the paradoxes in the book of Genesis.
(If he's all-knowing, he would know whether or not Adam and Eve would eat the fruit, or about the snake. )
People constantly say "God is testing faith." But he has no reason to if he's omniscient.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm writing this at 6AM with barely any sleep. I hope I got my point across.

You're also describing a devil's proof. Proving something because there is no evidence to the contrary, when the burden of proof falls on the positive claim, not the negative one.
>>
>>136237990
Rude.
>>
File: sides.gif (3MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
sides.gif
3MB, 400x226px
>>136232335

>>Just because Atheists are smart on average when compared to Christians

Comedy gold right there.
>>
>>136237990
Not at all. Rationally it's more likely God exists than does not. More evidence points to it. Humans have attempted to reason this through religions.

You're just afraid.

>most people have this mental disorder but me
>not a mental disorder
Sure.
>>
>>136238124
God exists outside of time and is omnipresent which means all knowing...
>>
>>136238298

There's no difference between a leftist and an atheist, they both are immune to rational arguments.
>>
>>136238298
>>136237990
How about this, neither side has a mental disorder, they're just two different schools of thought. If someone pushes themself to be a better person through religious beliefs, that's fantastic. If someone who doesn't believe in God also spends their time improving their quality of life, that's great too!

So what if God isn't real? Christians try to better themselves.

So what if God is real? It won't stop people from being skeptical.
>>
>>136237502
It's a nice thought, but there will never be another being like you, you should relish your consciousness and fill it with wisdom and peace, at least when you're finally dying of age, you'll have a well lived existence and the cold sweet release of death, as your wife holds the last warmth of your hand and beeeeeeeeeeeeeep, into the eternal nothingness you go until you're awoken as millions of different beings carrying pieces of your being, I like to think we're just the universe mirroring itself, that we are all God's souls and his spirit is in the stars in the firmament, again, a nice thought, we shouldn't expect a grand prize at the end of the tunnel for being human or being a good person, the heaven they all refer to is most likely outer space, it makes sense, humanity should be annihilated like in revelations, or perhaps revelations is predicting our jump into an interstellar civilization with highly evolved beings that descended from us.
>>
>>136232335

It's obvious that you're a faggot, and I'm not ignoring that.
>>
>>136238525
I've noticed this. It's always emotional. I don't know how we can win against such self-deception. We need to in order for our societies to continue, though, so something needs to be done. Any advice?

>>136238569
I have no problem with skepticism, however, most people who claim to be are simply not skeptical but rejecting due to an emotional basis. Richard Dawkins and Chris Hitchens are two examples of this.
>>
>>136237965
That's the part where you decided to not live by the word of God?
>>
File: Reaction70.jpg (10KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction70.jpg
10KB, 230x219px
>>136238607
This post made me depressed.
>>
>>136238641
Bring back execution for 100% proved violence.
People can no longer get around logic with violence.
Also remove womens privileges.
>>
File: gangreneman.jpg (254KB, 1438x1530px) Image search: [Google]
gangreneman.jpg
254KB, 1438x1530px
>>136238641

Philosophy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gpJuztzOH4
>>
>>136232552
You are ok. I will Deus Vult you last.
>>
>>136238569
Giving aide and comfort to the wicked will never work, in the short time since Blasphemy laws have been unprosecuted, society has nearly fallen from their degeneracy.
>>
If you can't just open your eyes in nature and see God everywhere it must be a sad existence.
>>
>>136238298
Literally 100% of all "rational" arguments for God existence have been shown to be logically fallacious with the vast majority of them being some form of circular reasoning.

>Hurr durr you disagree with me because fear

You're projecting. On the contrary it would be fantastic if religion was true. You're afraid of the consequences of it being false but due to the fact that you are retarded you think this feeling must come from your opposition which causes your mind to psychologically error and believe that this fear you feel is actually rooted in the opposing opinion.

>>136238569

I'm of the thought that religion is a necessary evil to control the plebs. Normally I don't even bother to explain why religion is false, only when an arrogant dumbfuck claims that God is "obvious truth." If it really was such an obvious truth there wouldn't be so many different religions. Thus to make such a claim shows an extreme ignorance of basic reasoning.
>>
>>136238830
If you execute violent protestors think of the benefits to the assurance of discourse.
When people lose a argument, can't win it and resort to violence. Just take 'em out.
>>136238569
>t. 2 smart 4 opinion
How about we all laugh at you instead faggot.
>>
File: DF8ibzcXkAAsOBW.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
DF8ibzcXkAAsOBW.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>136238712
I'm sorry man, nobody asked to live. I just want the Keks, but sometimes this board makes me want to blow my brains out at the mere thought of it while I'm getting those Keks.
>>
>>136238830
Seems like something that would happen in the future more than now.

>>136238861
Most people, especially atheists, are too short-tempered or edgy to listen to philosophers. Far easier to call them idiots or call it worthless than listen.

There are some amazing religious philosophers that are simply ignored for science popularizers, like Nye.

>>136238898
Let us vult together.

>>136238989
Not at all. Nice try, but if there wasn't a religion I could do whatever I want.

>literally 100%
Oh come on. You're not fooling anyone. I take it you've never read anything.
>>
>>136232335
atheism never was the basis for the creation of civilization

religions exist within our genes

deal with it atheists
>>
File: Newman.jpg (6KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
Newman.jpg
6KB, 250x226px
>>136238989

>>talking out of my ass
>>the definition
>>
>>136237990
by effectively rejecting religions, you reject a part of the theory of evolution

youre just like the christian fundamentalists
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>136237990

>Says the one who thinks 6 million years x nothing =everything and that the perfect human form and ecosystem provided to us on this earth was a coincidence
>>
>>136234397
>Why can't you look at the night sky and see God?

You're experience awe at the scale and complexity of it all and then interpret that feeling the way that leaves you most at ease with your insignificance and mortality.
>>
>>136238925
True. Evidence of God's creation is in all things. Glorify him in all things you do. Atheists deny that which is self-evident. This is a heavy burdenthat usually leads to suicide and hellfire.
>>
>>136239033
At your most humbled and broken moment, when you've just fallen to absolute pieces... ask God to lighten your burden, to give you that glimmer of proof you demand.
>>
>>136232552
>Because atheism is a mental disorder. It's why it's often called spiritual blindness. If you tell a blind person about a painting they accept it even though they don't realize what they are missing. Atheists, though, pretend there is no painting, painter, paint or even colours.
THIS.
>>
>>136239076
>Nice try, but if there wasn't a religion I could do whatever I want.

Which is exactly why you are religious. You lack the intellectual capacity to comprehend universal principles due to the fact that you are basically subhuman. Atheism is reserved for people who have the honesty and insight to realize universal principles based on facts and reasoning rather than needing to use "Law" as a crutch to pretend to understand that which you do not.

Again, all of this stems from the fact that you are unable to tell the difference between feels and reals. Because your understanding of ethics relies on a belief system, you lack the ability to understand that "If X is false bad thing happens" is an appeal to consequence and false reasoning. Your mind experiences this as a feeling that because you can't understand morality without your religion, that your religion must be true.

TL;DR you're basically an idiot. Have a nice life.
>>
>>136234818
>I hate it so much because it's an autistic non-substantial purely materialized view of the world where everything lacks spirit and where you don't believe in an afterlife either.

>I hate it because it copes with reality instead of reinforcing baseless nonsense that makes me feel better

Theism is the racial equality of conservatism. Something which is blindly believed purely on the basis that it would be nice if it were true.
>>
>>136232335
Correct.

But it does mean you shouldn't believe. No proof no belief.
>>
>>136239362
I would prefer not having to wipe my ass expelling nasty excrement everyday, literally intelligent design my ass, we're going to start inventing electronic augmentations that will better the very human condition, where will God be when we're all cold emotionless slave cyborgs working for the Jew? Face it, God hasn't been with us since the crusades.
>>
>>136239691
That is a good analogy. That a jew like >>136239410 can dismiss all of reality without reason or counter is just sad.

We truly need to reinstate anti-Blasphemy laws so people like him can be stopped from hatming society.
>>
>>136239711
This projection is beyond pathetic, and to be honest, it'd be more the other way. That's why we have """atheists""" who come up with non-arguments such as "if God why evil", which is a non-question rooted in emotionalism.

I grew up as an atheist like many do. I'm also not very emotions based.

Either way. Have a nice life. Well, I'd say that, but atheists are incapable of being happy without something to fulfil their life with a substitution - in your case, pretending you're smarter than others. But hey, at least it's not drugs. For now.

Take care.

>>136239807
Not an argument against God.
>>
>>136239972
>dismiss all of reality without reason

If you think feelings count as facts you need to find yourself a nice progressive subreddit.
>>
>>136239979
We are not the true Aryan warriors we were back when we took Jerusalem, God has abandoned us, I don't know what kind of black pill I've discovered, but I certainly don't need it right now, I've been a wreck who hasn't cleaned his room for 2 years. I must escape the filth of nihilistic atheism.
>>
>>136239972
>>136238915
Wanna know how I know you're retarded? It begins with free speech.
>>136239017
>>136238830

>>136239979
To be fair I think that's the point, it's using the standard for logic set by Christians and sending fallatious style arguments back at them.
>>
>>136240337
God has not abandoned us. We have abandoned God. Nations that abandon God are always destroyed. Atheistic societies never last more than a hundred or two years. Atheistic nations need to survive by encouraging people to give birth or by making life tough so people have kids out of despair. Neither of which are ideal.

>>136240383
I don't get the point.
>>
>>136239979

>Projecting so hard you interpret others calling you out for your projecting as projection
>Strawman arguments up the wazoo
>I would do drugs if I didn't believe in God therefore atheists must be one step away from drugs

Projecting so hard that you actually think others are projecting when they call you out on it is actually a sign of serious psychological problems fyi.
>>
>>136239711
Your exist within the bubble of the 1st world where your character is not tested. A millionaire does not steal because he doesn't need to, not because he is superior as you imply. The same for every sin you are sheltered from except pride which you wear like a badge of honor.
>>
>>136240911
Sure thing, princess. You were the one who planned on stopping. I guess you can't leave me alone because you're hungry for meaning, huh?

>>136240955
This is true. The ones who don't realize just how cruel people can be are truly sheltered. I miss those times, myself.
>>
>>136240572
Plenty of Christians debate with fallacy containing arguments, it sets the standard really low when a argument has a proven fallacy but is never removed and is then re-circulated.

It's back burning basically, somewhat due to lazyness to engage the same fallacious points by cooking up some fallacious points yourself.

I don't even think you picked a well fitting example.
>>
>>136240955

>A millionaire does not steal because he doesn't need to, not because he is superior as you imply.

If you think this is what I implied you did not understand what I wrote in the slightest. Not even close.
>>
>>136240082
>feelings
Creation isnt real? Matter and life doesnt exist?
>>136240383
There is no rebuttal here.
>>
Atheists are not smarter than most Christians. Being adept at deception, or into " science" created by deception, isn't smart at all.
>>
>>136241055
Most people debate with fallacies due to the fact they do not know how to argue properly. This is fairly common and something that needs to be fixed. However, most Christians aren't pretending to be smarter than everyone else like pseudo-intellectual atheists are, and yet using emotional based arguments more than everything else.

>I don't even think you picked a well fitting example.
Then you should explain why you think this.
>>
>>136240911
It deeply wounds your arrogance to endure people speaking plainly about things that are self-evident huh?
>>
Because they have no connection with the spiritual realm. years of drinking poisoned water has calcified their pineal gland, the very part of the brain that helps you connect. blame the joos.
>>
>>136241318
>Hotly debated topic
>Has yet to be proven by even the most talented minds in history
>Hurr durr my religion is self evident huuurrrr
>Calling me out on this bullshit is arrogant

Congratulations, you actually beat out the other guy for biggest projector in this thread.
>>
>>136241073
That's not a rebuttal, its a dodge. You implied the tired argument that you dont sin out of superiority and internalized morality. Or are denying you live in a bubble? Fascinating.
>>
>>136232335
Why are all Christians anti-white jew lovers?
>>
>>136241171
>science
Is nothing more than the empirical study of nature. It conflicts in no way with my fundie beliefs nor should it yours. Atheists just have nothing else.
>>
>>136241471
God's creation bounces off of your retina as you type. It is self-evident to all but the willfully blind and lost. Objectively, your comments are the most child like in this thread, sorry to say, but when you start huurrrrr durr you give yourself away kid.
>>
>>136241133
Look carefully.
You don't need to hinder free speech to be right, the more you protect and not infringe the better.
Truth will win.
If you crack down on violence against ideas you better protect society.
>>136241268
I assume strawman of the argument but I can't remember how the full thing goes, won't look it up either. I would think of a better example but can't i'm freezing to death in the wilderness please pray 4 me.

>>136241268
>Most people debate with fallacies due to the fact they do not know how to argue properly. This is fairly common and something that needs to be fixed. However, most Christians aren't pretending to be smarter than everyone else like pseudo-intellectual atheists are, and yet using emotional based arguments more than everything else.
>>136240911
>Strawman arguments up the wazoo
>>136239979
>Either way. Have a nice life. Well, I'd say that, but atheists are incapable of being happy without something to fulfil their life with a substitution - in your case, pretending you're smarter than others. But hey, at least it's not drugs. For now.

He has a point. This is a strawman and COULD be derived from actual projection of opinion of others onto other people. Assumptions really.
If you wanna fix arguments remove this shitty biased view of your 'opposition' and don't strawman people like that RUDE.

What do you mean emotional arguments btw? How do you define that, can you give a context sensitive example?
I am actually in the bush freezing to death on aIpad running out of charge with 3G wish me luck.
Sorry for slow replies if I stop assume worse case but it's whatever. Eh.
>>
>>136241776
Science most definitely comes in to conflict with Christianity. Why do think the bible went from being literal to "oh no it was always just metaphorical!. If you are deist you're fine though.
>>
>>136241609

Woo boy. The point really flew over your head didnt it.

Allow me to explain it in more blunt terms: I wasn't implying any sort of moral superiority, but rather quite the opposite. I was implying that religious people actually use the exact same morality as non religious people, with the only difference being whether or not you realize it.

This all stems from a paradoxial psychological position that all humans find themselves in between objectivity and subjectivity. A paradox which is quickest explained by the flaws in the Omphalos hypothesis. Specifically how it relates to last thursdayism or other variations of the 5 minute hypothesis, which is the philosophical question of how we could disprove whether or not the universe and all human memory were created 5 minutes ago. This question exists to demonstrate our fallibility in that all our reasoning is subjective to our own experience, and thus the 5 minute hypothesis is an unverifiable claim.

Now you might be thinking "How the fuck does this pertain to morality"? Simple. Religious people generally assume that their morality is superior because it comes from an objective source. The problem with this is, because you are human, your existential experience of this source is actually subjective. Thus what you are actually doing is asserting your morality is objective to prove that it is objective, which is begging the question. In other words, your morality isn't actually objective at all, you have simply utilized false reasoning to bullshit yourself into believing it is and mistaken your lack of ability to notice your circular reason as prove of divine insight.

The truth is that your understanding of morality is, just like every other human, subjective to your own understanding whether you admit it or not.
>>
>>136242030
Free speech doesnt cover speech intended to harm directly under roman law and english common law. Blasphemy does just that. Just a few decades of allowing it has irreparably damaged the west. With the reinstatement of our historical anti-Blasphemy laws, we could actively prosecute those like you who seek to infect the weak with their disease. A steel cage would at least separate them for many years, maybe we dont execute them just yet. Think of the lives saved from this, the scortched path of the jew would begin to heal.
>>
>>136242077
The ven diagrams of science and belief in God do not intersect. You want to attack (ad hominem) Christian dogma because you have no objective anti-diest argument. An apostate like you must bring great shame upon your family.
>>
>>136232335
There is no such thing as proof for most things. There is evidence for God, though.
>>
>>136242777
>kindergarten level reading comprehension
Your typical christian everyone.
>>
>>136232335

True, but lack of proof doesn't mean that it DID happen either.

I don't spend much time with religion at all, but I don't want to be a part of the fedora tipping cocksuckers that are Atheists either.

I figure that if I live a good life, that will be enough, no matter what God (or not) that turns out to be the right one.
>>
File: Christian QT.gif (807KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Christian QT.gif
807KB, 600x338px
>>136242777
CHECK EM
>>
>>136232335
All the evidence there is suggest that the concept of God is a man made invention. Other than this, there's no proof one way or the other. What am I supposed to conclude?
>>
>>136232335
Because people like you continue to galvanize others away with your own behavior. We would have more belief in God had it not been for the Clerical class (Priests, Imams, Rabbis, etc) atop individuals like you.

The problem isn't belief or lack of it, but the behavior of the adherents of the faith who have become blind that drive those seeking guidance away.
>>
File: It-Works.png (90KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
It-Works.png
90KB, 500x501px
>>136232335
You all have a good nights sleep.

I'll pray that you find God after I'm done watching King of the Hill and eating my Peanut Butter and Jelly.
>>
>>136232335
Good people at bad lows hold testament to God's grace. Listen to no man and their physical persuits. Your heart holds the key. Most Atheists have never experienced life's hardships, they can't even relate to a being a man. They're boys that play video games and masturbate to anime all day.
>>
>>136242302
No no, the morality presented in the word of God is unchanging, whether you deem God's word subjective or not in your hubris, it's there and it has been and will forever be. The objectivity of my own morality is there because it is derived from the unchangeable. What you fail to see is that i've done nothing but humbled myself to God and his devine word, i've not "decided" or chosen anything.

This contrasts greatly to someone like you who has no rock. Your morality is an ever changing sliding scale of sins you are not tempted by and lessening of strictness (or outright dismissal) of the ones you are tempted by. The pathology here is that you forever live in this state without sin as judged by yourself from your throne of self-deification.
>>
I know that Christians like to molest kids.
>>
File: 4kshasy.png (4KB, 304x356px) Image search: [Google]
4kshasy.png
4KB, 304x356px
such bait, so strong, such christcuck wow
>>
>>136242930
I didnt see a rebuttal. Have you forgiven your Dad?
>>
>>136232335
Are you retarded? This kind of shit is the type of thing that makes atheists that aren't neckbeard faggots not want anything to do with us.
>>
>>136232335
amazing, now i can fully justify my belief that unicorns did exist
>>
>>136243261
From whence does creation come from?
>>136243396
If you are in search of a religion that approves of you hedonistic life, good luck. Getting called out on your sins is human nature.
>>
File: 1501598486084.jpg (38KB, 550x404px) Image search: [Google]
1501598486084.jpg
38KB, 550x404px
>>136232552
I'm blind so I can't see any painting, so why should I give a shit if it exists or not?
>get on your knees and worship this all-powerful painting even though it refuses to cure your blindness
>>
>>136243640
Accurate. The atheists exist inside the bubble of the 1st world. They dont steal because there is no unfilled 'need', but their heart is filled with envy.

Atheists like in this thread just have to be broken and suffer alone before they ever get humbled enough to believe.
>>
>>136244520
This.
>>
>>136232335
Protip:
The most hardlined chistians
or at least those that believe god gave man free will
essentially want the same thing as the atheists.

true chirstians don't want difinitive proof tht god exists.
and niether do atheists.
in fact they want to disprove god.
chistians on the other hand would believe in god regardless becuase their faith dictates it so.

without faith there is no god.
>>
File: 1461313379960.png (101KB, 550x679px) Image search: [Google]
1461313379960.png
101KB, 550x679px
The GOYIM are not guided by practical use of unprejudiced historical observation, but by theoretical routine without any critical regard for consequent results. We need not, therefore, take any account of them – let them amuse themselves until the hour strikes, or live on hopes of new forms of enterprising pastime, or on the memories of all they have enjoyed. For them let that play the principal part which we have persuaded them to accept as the dictates of science (theory). It is with this object in view that we are constantly, by means of our press, arousing a blind confidence in these theories. The intellectuals of the GOYIM will puff themselves up with their knowledge and without any logical verification of them will put into effect all the information available from science, which our AGENTUR specialists have cunningly pieced together for the purpose of educating their minds in the direction we want.
>>
There's tons of proof of something "beyond" including god. Athiest's just can't see it. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count a number of atheists (and Muslims) who have converted to Christianity after near death experiences. If you're going to be an atheist, at least leave a little spot open in your heart for the chance God exists, If you harden your heart very little will save you if you're wrong.
>>
>>136244685
No one believed germs were a thing, that didn't mean they didn't exist. This is a flawed argument.
>>
>>136232335
I'm a Christian and I think that modern religion needs to make a big turn fast.
Modern science has taught us so much about consciousness and decision-making that the teach needs to take the kabalistic root.
To say the conscious is the soul is to say the brain is the soul. The soul is obviously metaphysical. The power of invention and spirituality not "muh that's a bad thing to do- muh what would Jesus do"
A push needs to be made quick.
>>
>>136243889
Why would I try to rebut someone repeating what I said? Are you legitimately retarded?
>>
File: 1455157110828.gif (960KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1455157110828.gif
960KB, 245x245px
to be honest, I'm just not convinced that god exists for the sole purpose of the Problem of Evil

if god is
1) Omnipotent
2) Omniscient
3) Omnipresent
4) Omnibenevolent

that there is no reason for any evil to exist in the world, yet it does, therefore, god doesn't exist

>inb4 free will
God is Omnipotent and Omniscient he could create a world with no evil and still preserve our free will in the process, otherwise he wouldn't be omnipotent

and besides, that still wouldn't explain the random acts of Natural Evil still found in the world today, why would a God who loves us make a world where Malaria, tsunamis and drought/famine exist
>>
>>136245000
If you claim you're Christian, then it sure sounds like you haven't read the Holy Scriptures, for there is nothing wrong with the doctrine which God has given us, but man who interprets it. No change needs to be made when all the answers to being righteous and just are given to us by God, it's whether or not we can resist the temptation of Satan.
>>
>>136244793
>weak idiots change their beliefs to a more convenient fantasy where they live forever in the angelic kingdom of god because up until that point they believed they were invincible
>this is proof that He exists!
>>
>>136232335
No, that would be (((christians))) like you.
>>
>>136245211
The real "problem of evil" is to define what evil is without a benchmark of God as objectively good.
>>
>>136245632
in what possible definition/bench mark is childern dying of Malaria 'good"?

its objectively bad and cruel
>>
>>136245832
That's my point precisely - there is no way to call that "good" or "bad" since we're all just chemical reactions. I can no more defend that as "good" than you can as "bad."

Malaria is a parasite - a living organism. We'd celebrate "life on Mars" if we found such an organism there, so by what benchmark is the survival of one organism "better" than another?

Without a concrete definition of "good" there are only interactions that are beneficial to one organism or the other, and to determine which one "should" benefit is an arbitrary assessment.
>>
>>136244685
True Christians don't need definitive proof? The proof of God's creation surrounds you. God exists despite your supreme impiety hubris and pride.
>>136244872
Along that line, atheists (until the 1960's) believed the universe was of infinite age and held the belief that any version of a creation event was a religious idea. They were of course BTFO by science proving the big bang and quickly changed their propaganda.
>>136245211
From whence does evil come?
Pride.
If God prevent your free will from pridefully rejecting him and embracing evil, you would not have free will, you'd be as lifeless as an intricately designed AI built to have limitations on thought and action.
>>
>>136246183
regardless of 'better' there is still suffering in your system, if the malaria parasite could exist without causing harm and babies could live without being harmed then you can have a system with no 'evil'

basically im asking why an omnibenevolent god made systems that contained 'evil'
>>
>>136245000
>modern science
Knows literally nothing about consciousness. I'm assuming this is just concern trolling though.
>>
>>136245336
>proofs
Hitting your eyeballs right now as you live and breathe.
>>136245494
>denies Christ
>i'm totally not a jew guys
>>
>>136246183
Why do atheists al ways fantasize about life elsewhere knowing it doesnt exist? Its cringey.
>>
>>136246487
And I'm asking you to provide a means to define "evil" absent an objectively defined "good" that the Christian would say is embodied and defined in God.

"Suffering" can't be inherently "evil" since some suffering (hunger is a level of suffering that leads us to seek nourishment) is necessary for life to exist and thrive.

And just due to the nature of living things, a living creature isolated from any points of harm will still (eventually) die. There's no possibility to avoid suffering and decay, as a natural progression of life, therefore not even death is "evil" regardless of the means by which it comes.

So again, what is "evil," defined completely objectively?

To the Christian, it's an easy definition, because of the belief in the inherent good of God, and the order established in his creation. From that standpoint, it becomes the same as scientifically measuring temperature or light. There's no way to quantify "cold" or "dark" other than the absence of its counterpart.
>>
>>136246487
You confuse tragic happenstance and evil. Is a hurricane evil? Was God evil for creating air or weather? Is a wolf evil? A lion? Is malaria evil? Evil is from prideful men who've rejected God.
>>
>>136245336
I'll pray for you anyway, Mr. +D5. Very few people actually desert eternal torment.
>>
>>136232552
You were meant to reconcile with your father at around six years old or so
>>
>>136236065
>It can be an interesting field. Stop acting elitist.
that probably comes from someone who shits on gender / afro american studies for exactly that reason (and they should be ridiculed)
Explain to me why your particular flavor of semitic desert cult is the correct one one and not for example judaism or islam
I dont mind religion that much because it teaches morons some basic morals/forces morals upon them, but thats about it
I remember when 4chan was mostly atheistic, but thats probably because it was contrarian at that time
>>
>>136232335
I will stop being "blind to god" as soon as you can explain me which god is the real God.
How Jesus/JHWH is real and Zeus/Krishna/Amaterasu are old fairy tales.
They look exactly the same if you are not brainwashed in your childhood to believe that one is THE real one and the others are not.
>>
>>136246487
>basically im asking why an omnibenevolent god made systems that contained 'evil'

How do you define something as good when you have nothing "evil" to compare it to?
>>
>>136245494
>There's no difference between (((Christians))) and Christians
>t. fedora
>>
>>136244872
except you don't need eyes to identify god

you do need eyes to look through the microscope
to confirm the presence of germs.
>>
>>136232335
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. But go ahead and just take that shit right up the ass christcuck.
>>
>>136247244
Judaism is a dead religion, none of it's followers literally believe the Torah (Moses Abraham Noah). The Jew worships the Talmud and allows atheism.

The average mohammedan may be humbled and/or pious, but he's studied a reduction religion that is essentially Christian heresy twisted to meet the desert sand dwellers conquest goals. It is full of errors and clearly takes a talmudic tone in acknowledging Christianity and rejecting the Bible from which the qur'an is plagiarized from.
>>136247288
Are you claiming deism? Weird.
>>
>>136247524
same thing can be said about God. Have you ever looked at how perfect and fine tuned the universe and everything is in it? The statistics behind it and the plausibility of it being natural? Even most scientists at the end of their lives start believing in god because a whole life of research and truth finding leads them to the conclusion that nothing is natural. The trial and error involved if it was all natural would be absurd and impossible.
>>
>>136232335
because if you flip a quarter enough times it will always end up closer to 50/50.

Why do you know what a quarter is, why is there a quarter, why are you flipping it?
Atheist answer: Evolution
Christian answer: God
/pol/ answer: Gas the Jews
>>
>>136234818
Believing there is no afterlife gets tougher each day you grow older, but that's the truth.
I'd rather be miserable but correct than happy but wrong.
>>
>>136249332
My science education (better than most here) solidified my faith to 'unshakable' status.
>>136249761
you are incorrect about God, but absolutely correct about the soul crushing torment of atheism. Before you kys like every atheist fantasizes about daily, consider that God loves you and has a plan for you.

https://youtu.be/t6AtATP4Uwc
>>
>>136237187
Bigger redpill is realising that belief in god is determined genetically.
There's a part of the brain that can be altered by magnets to induce or take away belief in god.
Anyone who thinks they're really arguing "rationally" for their side is hallucinating. Your mind was made up a long time ago and now you are post-hoc rationalising it.
>>
>>136251179
This is why anti-blasphemy laws should exist. These people cause great harm to our society.
>>
>>136251341
Man should be lawful over himself, and shouldn't expect society to dictate.
>>
>>136251341
Anti-free speech laws are useless. They foment intellectual stagnation.
Get of the rid of the Jews and you get rid of cultural marxism and new atheism overnight.
Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens are both ethnic Jews.
>>
>>136251935
That is like saying no laws should exist. Which would only disolve Justice and promote wrath of the individual in persuit of denied justice.
>>136252059
Anti-blasphemy laws are very useful actually, and were an integral part of the west during the most expansive and productive years until very recently.
>get rid of the jews
Atheists are jews anon, every last one. These laws would effectively recenter the west without a racial roundup.
>>
>>136232335
>muh god
>why can't I just kill the infidels

Convert to Islam and wear your faggotry on your face like all the rest
>>
File: 1386128121759.png (269KB, 450x488px) Image search: [Google]
1386128121759.png
269KB, 450x488px
>>136232335
>Jewish lies and fairy tales
>truth
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.