[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason whatsoever for a European to get a US citizenship

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: am i disabled.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
am i disabled.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
Is there any reason whatsoever for a European to get a US citizenship rather than just a Green Card?

My employer offered to move me to the states, and could assist in me getting a Green Card, but the representatives that were here indicated that they prefer to ""help"" those aiming to become citizens. It's a Fortune 500 company near the top of the list, no doubt they have some pull.

Sweden allows dual citizenships (as do USA) so no problems there but does a US citizenship add anything of value?
>>
>>136127162
As far as I know the US isn't the best passport for travelling. You can probably already enter more countries with what you have and with less hassle.

Other than that, I don't know.
>>
>>136127162
Plus you will need to pay US taxes regardless if you live in the US or not.

Its the only country that taxes you for being a citizen rather than living in the country, like every other country in the world.
>>
So you can file taxes from anywhere in the world.
>>
>>136127656
>Pay taxes twice
Hmmm.
>>
>>136127162

you can vote, if you care about it at all. but i wouldn't as we'll probably get drafted soon into WW3
>>
>>136127162
Green card is resident alien status. You can't vote, you can't hold a government job. You can hypothetically get your green card revoked and get deported.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.