[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given the direction of YouTube, don't you think it weir

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: YouTube_logo_2015.svg.png (30KB, 1200x504px) Image search: [Google]
YouTube_logo_2015.svg.png
30KB, 1200x504px
Given the direction of YouTube, don't you think it weird that we may have to change platforms? Most anons here grew up using YouTube and no other video hosting site, well, maybe some anons might've used Metacafe like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJA0y-t5hhY says, but do you think people will change sites just because of bad guidelines that are being introduced at YouTube?
>>
>>136126591
Trust me, it'll eventually happen. If not, at least adblock the site so they don't get as much income. I've been on YouTube since 2006 or 2007, it's a shame that it's going down like this.

Fuck Google and Bump.
>>
>>136126591
No, only neoliberals are high IQ enough to create something like Youtube. Whichever site replaces it will have similar rules.
>>
>>136126591
use hooktube instead. just replace youtube in the url with hooktube. leave everything else the same. it denys the jews clicks, ads, and you can download it. so fuck those shekel stashing jews. they all deserve to be raped and murdered
>>
>>136126591
>we
fuck jewtube, let is crash and burn! waiting for it's closure since they changed layout of homepages
>>
I'm using a youtube extension with expanded functionality in the edge browser. Couldn't we create an extension that would fulfill the functions youtube will disable? Such as listing/searching for vids, comments(might not be possible), and recommendations? Seems this will fuck with YT even worse because once people install the extension it just bypasses all of their crap and if it also blocks ads this will totally ruin everything for them because people will use it no problem even if for the ad blocking.
>>
bump. I think this extension idea has merit.
>>
File: theinternet.jpg (74KB, 983x305px) Image search: [Google]
theinternet.jpg
74KB, 983x305px
>>136121388
>>136121560
monetisation is the real devil
anyone who's been on the internet a while should know this, advertising kills the internet.

it was seen (early on) as one of the only ways to make money on the web. became very lucrative and is now onmipresent. why would you make a website without monetising it, what's the point? It's not like there's an inherent value in information.
anyway. I reckon it's time we step away from the advertising/monetisation model
using microdonations, cryptocurrency based systems, communities can EASILY afford to maintain their network capabilities / demands. Without bloated behemoths like yt, we can return to a healthy diverse ecosystem, whare creativity is rewarded, veracity is upheld and information is king.

summerfag kids, I implore you to read about the history of the internet we are so heavily steeped in now
oldfags, I beg you to remember the freedom of the early days, grab that frontier spirit and push through these sickly cobwebs that so bind us.
>>
File: use_hooktube.jpg (302KB, 1442x872px) Image search: [Google]
use_hooktube.jpg
302KB, 1442x872px
>>136127571
hooktube and potentially this extension idea >>136128089
both work as short/medium term strategies
however they still rely on yt as the content upload platform and the hosting backbone of the streaming service.

i was trepidatious when i saw my friends get dragged down the "paid subscription streaming model"
where you pay £$£ each month just to have the HONOUR to stream content from sites ((selective)) libraries. then when your ££ runs out, you have nothing
what about the good old days where people downloaded stuff?

and don't give me that
>muh iphon only has 8gb
get some terabytes, get a microsd compatible device, get off the teat of your overlord swine.

the state m8
>>
I think we just come up with a place to host a list with urls for videos that have been limbo'd and then make that list searchable through an extension so that you have same functionality. That way someone uploads a new video and somehow it gets added to the list through the extension.

So far they are saying they wont be taking stuff down because I think it will be too obvious what they are doing. This way they have to either go all the way to block the shit which makes them seem overly aggressive even to normies or we have this exploit available to us to circumvent their efforts.
>>
>>136126591
It's not weird at all. Any influential platform is bound to be ruined by (((them))). It's literally what they do.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.