[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think we all agree that the internet is increasingly destroying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: nointernet.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nointernet.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
I think we all agree that the internet is increasingly destroying society as a whole. For each and every one of its pluses, there are two minuses. Good use is possible, but let's face it, it's rare and most of us here don't make it. We are often absorbed by the world of internet and our online personas and forget about the real one, and our real selves.

So, I was thinking, why don't we all challenge ourselves and experience life away from the internet? By that, I don't mean away from internet as a tool we use for work and our social obligations (those are very much "real-world" things), but internet as an escape and as a reality parallel to the real one. Be up-to-date through a newspaper and television rather than obsessively checking online media outlets and /pol/. Go for a walk instead of fapping. Play a game instead of shit-posting. Go to the theater instead of talking to your online buddies. Yes, even habits like games and movies are probably healthier than Internet-World.

When it comes to social and work needs, sure, use the internet. And maybe even take a cheat day out of the week to use the internet normally, as you use it today. But can we otherwise live a month being our real selves grounded in the real world 6 days out of each week?

Who's in?
>>
>>136121064
>increasingly destroying society
incorrect.
people's own bullshit is what is doing that.
the internet is just info-communication.
>>
>>136121064
>for every plus there are two minuses
More like three minuses. It teaches kids how to be uncharitable to others how to lustful, wrathful, an envious while wallowing in sloth. In women, its taught them envy and jealousy and gossip, how to embrace greed and materialism, how to replace their IRL friendships and relationships with the LIKE button, how to get an instantly validating reply from an immodest photo, its vanity on tap.

Both men an women have learned there is little that matters outside their tiny bubble of reality, their neighbors pain matters not, most dont know their neighbor anyways much less how to love them as they love themselves... And all have a soul riddled with base pride and selfish shallow priorities.

The internet is 100% the cause.
>>
Fuck off, mate. #nofap is already demanding enough. I'm not going full on Luddite.
>>
>>136124585
quitting the internet is actually beneficial though.
>>
>>136124770
Cut out news and “““social“““ media and you're golden.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.