[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are engineers ready to check their privilege? >I seek to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: trola16.jpg (54KB, 511x645px) Image search: [Google]
trola16.jpg
54KB, 511x645px
are engineers ready to check their privilege?

>I seek to revise engineering curricula to be relevant to a fuller range of student experiences and career destinations, integrating concerns related to public policy, professional ethics, and social responsibility; de-centering Western civilization; and uncovering contributions of women and other underrepresented groups…. We examine how technology influences and is influenced by globalization, capitalism, and colonialism…. Gender is a key…[theme]…[throughout] the course…. We…[examine]… racist and colonialist projects in science…

https://www.jamesgmartin.center/2017/08/engineering-education-social-engineering-rather-actual-engineering/
>>
File: 1398684123555.jpg (28KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
1398684123555.jpg
28KB, 600x601px
>>136113741
DAT ASS
>>
Can't wait for feminist engineering projects to go horribly, horribly wrong.
>>
American engineers are screwed if this happens.

Here they actually banned things not explicitly about the subject matter due to underwhelming educational results
>>
>>136114315
There won't BE any feminist engineering projects, except in a very loose cover-your-arse sense. Engineering will become a pathway towards starbucks for all but a handful of top-tier students, just like every other field that gets colonised by socjus.
>>
>>136114784
Come on, you just know there will be some gouvernment funded projects here and there to help employ femgineering graduates.
>>
File: wymyn fail.jpg (1MB, 2560x2097px) Image search: [Google]
wymyn fail.jpg
1MB, 2560x2097px
>>136114315
like this?
>>
>>136114915
Kek, probably worse.
>>
>>136113741
>https://www.jamesgmartin.center/2017/08/engineering-education-social-engineering-rather-actual-engineering/

the comments section gives me hope.
>>
>>136114845
Even >>136114915 had a 72% male team.

I mean, the fluid-dynamics-is-sexist crowd will get bullshit jobs like "indigenous liason officer" and "diversity coordinator", but they won't be stuck in front of AutoCAD like the real engineers.
>>
>>136113741
>engineering
>let's stop talkinga bout maths and physics and start talking about gender hurr durr
>>
>>136114915
>there's only one road between eastern and western Canada
That's really, really retarded. Way to go, leafs.
>>
Any school that turns their engineering courses into social studies 2.0 will become a laughing stock.
>>
>>136113741
>We…[examine]… racist and colonialist projects in science…
>bridge collapses
>>
>>136113741
As someone who works as a foreman in the construction field, I have to say engineers need to be highly educated in their progression. They can't just be given a degree and told they're good. I'd rather not die when an engineer forgets to calculate load bearing weights of the building I'm working on
>>
>>136114184
It's not even that great when she's bending over with her back arched, you can tell it would be flat as fuck under other circumstances
>>
>>136114915

Notice they are mostly baby boomers.

It's their generation pushing this shit.

Honestly, In a way I'm kind of glad millennial women have been degenerated, they won't be trying to get into these fields because it's too much work, so they will just do simple jobs unless their parents raised them into those specialized positions and they have a lifetime of experience.

There are some good female dentists out there but usually it's because their parents were both in the field or one was.
>>
I was a software developer up until last year. Every agency is pandering to people who have no fucking clue what they're doing just to look diverse. There was one agency which staffed mostly women.

They would have several stand up meetings a day and the only one I went to they discussed the profits of a bake sale. A god damn bake sale when we had projects out the ass on the backend not getting done and no one cared.

I worked at a smaller agency that hired some project lead from Canada who was the CEO's step sister. She was hot but holy fuck was she stupid. She had leadway, made more than anyone else and constantly logged into websites to try and "change things" only to break a lot of shit.

It wasn't like this even back in 2011-2012. I used to love my job and I loved the people that I met. Now, I freelance and save myself the frustration. I make more money too.
>>
>>136115875
Uneducated and bitter women were the reason prohibition existed. Retarded policy is enacted when enough bitter women get together.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.