[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have your amateur radio license yet, /pol/? Do you have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Radio.jpg (109KB, 650x896px) Image search: [Google]
Radio.jpg
109KB, 650x896px
Do you have your amateur radio license yet, /pol/? Do you have at least a small radio "rig" and antenna with a backup power supply for disasters? Can you send and receive Morse code at 40 words per minute or more? If not, you should start - amateur ("ham") radio is very useful skill and can introduce you to things like basic electronics, how to build your own radio devices/antennae, applied math like trigonometry, and Morse-coding.

With the modern proliferation of cheap Chinese radio gear (and the ability to make your own powerful antennas out of cheap basic parts), ham radio has never been more affordable, even for NEETs.
>>
What's the point tho?
>>
>>136112879
To learn once and for all if traps are really gay.
>>
File: vx8_1a.jpg (198KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
vx8_1a.jpg
198KB, 600x800px
>>136112727
I'm the hambro who lurks the skyking threads to shill for the radio hobby. While I do have a rig, quite a bunch of batteries, and solar capability, I'm still working on code fluency, I cheat and use a keyboard and the en/decoder in my KX3 most of the time still. It's awfully embarrassing but I can at least admit it anonymously. I always admit it if the other ham mentions something like 'your code is so perfect' nudge nudge.

I prefer to use Jap HT's and US-made HF gear, but I have a bit of money knocking around. To get started the cheap Chinese stuff is fine, but try to find something as rugged as pic related from China, you won't. They also don't make APRS radios.
>>
bump for radio
>>
bumping again
>>
I understand it can be fun to make your own radio from the basic components on, but then what ? You lurk police, air, marine-communications ? You talk with other radio enthusiasts like some kind of IRC ?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.