[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /pol/ So, I am currently in the process of moving from an

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0435.jpg (133KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0435.jpg
133KB, 500x333px
Sup /pol/

So, I am currently in the process of moving from an (arguably) red-pilled city (Phoenix) to one of the most liberal cities in the country: Portland, Oregon.

I have lived in southern Arizona my whole life (I'm 26), I've had enough of the heat, sun and lack of vegetation. I already have a job and a place to live in Portland lined up (on a side note, god damn your rent is expensive!)

TL;DR how fucked am I with SJW bullshit in Portland? Am I gonna be assaulted with this shit from day one?
>>
Why did you move to a coastal state? Those are the places people move away from.
>>
Be careful, bigfoot lives in the woods adound there
>>
>>136107039
it's pretty goddamned hot here in Oregon rn
>>
File: 18767678678.png (210KB, 634x247px) Image search: [Google]
18767678678.png
210KB, 634x247px
>>136107039
>hasn't watched portlandia
You're in for it now scoob.
>>
>>136107275
I heard about that! Sucks most of you don't have AC.

But it's gonna be back in the 90s by the time I get there Monday.

I used to work construction outdoors in Phoenix in the summer... mid 90s ain't much to complain about.
>>
File: fuzzypepe.jpg (66KB, 720x707px) Image search: [Google]
fuzzypepe.jpg
66KB, 720x707px
>>136107039
Don't do it.

My brother, who just got out of the USAAF, moved to Portland last year. He's only marginally right in his political views, although his wife has borderline she tendencies.

He is absolutely completely miserable in Portland. Nonstop parade of homeless people and lefty virtue signalling. No relief in sight.

Just don't.
>>
>>136107638
>brother got out of USAAF
>Finnish flag
>>
>>136107638

USAAF stopped being a thing in 1947
>>
Portland is amazing for scenery and hiking/surfing and shit, but I wouldn't live there for more than a year.

I don't like how hippie and liberal everyone is, but then again I'm a stoner and hang around other stoners so that could be my issue right there.

There's pros and cons wherever you go, every city has benefits. Find you a piece of ass that isn't crazy and maybe it'll be worth it, Anon.
>>
Why the fuck would you move away from there if you can easily drive to Tempe and attend pastor Anderson church?

I would to be an American living in Phoenix. But im trapped in cuckistan.
>>
>>136107039

Jesus dude you justed yourself. Portland, along with San Francisco and Seattle, is the punching bag for people here in Los Angeles. Thays how bad portland is, that even LA makes fun of it. Im trying to move to arizona within the next year or two to get away from this overtaxed state. I cant stand the cold and rain though, ill take hot any day. You could have at least picked montana or idaho if you wanted a cooler climate.
>>
I live in the San Francisco Bay area. Moved from Georgia for work.

Ignore the liberals. It's hell but just ignore it. The land is beautiful and so is the weather and I am perfectly happy imagining it's a ghost City by ignoring everyone. Technically it is a ghost City because no one has a brain it seems.
>>
>>136108700
You mean georgia is so bad that you can't find a job anywhere?Is that why I can't find work?
>>
>>136107039
Oregonfag here.

I couldnt fucking stand Portland, even back when I was a liberal bluepilled idiot kid. Its waaaaay over the rubicon, you are going to fucking hate it.

I assume you are moving because you got a new job? lolololol-.. You are in for a treat. Hide your powerlevel? No. You are going to have to proudly reverberate in the liberal echochamber if you want to even have a chance at keeping your job.

You are so fucked.
>>
>>136108753
>denmark
>>
>>136108826
>people cant move around the world and post from other countries

jesus christ you kids are fucking retarded these days.
>>
File: 18876876788.png (356KB, 800x485px) Image search: [Google]
18876876788.png
356KB, 800x485px
>>136108942
I figured you were just fucking with him or something.
>>
File: Portlandmap.jpg (1MB, 1476x863px) Image search: [Google]
Portlandmap.jpg
1MB, 1476x863px
Portlander here.

This is the current state of affairs.
>>
>>136108826
>>136108753
Anon accidentally outs himself being on a VPN, circa 1953, colorized
>>
>>136108745
Not in my field. At least not a job I really want to do the stems directly from my PhD. There's jobs in the chemical industry in Georgia but I'll go do that later in life after I have my stocks fully vested and a more broad experience.
>>
>>136107483
>sucks most of you dont have ac
Im from portland, and lolwut? Cant really comment on anything else, i was mostly a neet growing up there.
>>
>>136109076
What advice would you give for a white male who DOESN'T have experience in georgia?Because they treat us like shit.
>>
>>136107039
Portland sucks ass. This surrounding cities are even worse! I see at least 200 niggers a week. There are numerous minorities and the even more sjw. I'm moving at the end of the month!
>>
>>136109240
Experience in what?

Whose treating you like shit?
>>
>>136109255
if this is portland, imagine the rest of america?
>>
>tfw live in a place so redpilled we have our own literal redpill expo
>>
>>136108753
>No. You are going to have to proudly reverberate in the liberal echochamber if you want to even have a chance at keeping your job.

This is sadly true. In most jobs you will have to pretend to be at least a left leaning centrist.

To add to this, another huge thing you have to watch out for is women in the workplace. There are tons of feminist cunts who see nothing wrong with falsely accusing you of sexual harassment if they decide they don't like you. I was falsely accused by a girl who I didn't even know existed. Apparently she decided she didn't like my girlfriend because my girl is an open republican. So she decided to accuse me of molesting her in the bathroom. Luckily, she was an immensely stupid bitch and accused me of molesting her on a day I WAS FUCKING ON VACATION LOL...but the thing is, even though it was obvious she was lying HR didn't fire her at all. Basically feminists can spew whatever bullshit they want in this city and even if what they are saying is impossible they can't be punished for it.
>>
>>136107039
I'm in Portland and plan to leave soon. If you have much testosterone this town will not like you generally. I have been spit at twice by women while minding my own business. Women are generally sour. The stereotypes are very true here. Trying to find a conversation that has depth without conflict is tough. The surrounding area is beautifull but the people even if they are nice are generally not very bright. It was recently found that most of the schools have had highly elevated levels of lead for generations. Hanford Site is consistently oozing radioactive waste into the Columbia River. The Natives Americans of the region call it the Valley of Death on account of the hundreds of unique molds and fungus that grow in the area and cause respiratory illness. I wish you luck but I wouldn't suggest settling here. Unless you're ready to join the zombie hoard.
>>
>>136109340
Well I have no experience really.They usually treat applicants like shit.
>>
>>136109488
Why would women spit at you?
>>
>>136109457
>HR didnt fire her

Should have sued your company right then and there (Im assuming the cunt was a basement dweller otherwise sue her too).
>>
File: 1455487259871.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1455487259871.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>136107039

If you're moving to a wealthy gentrified area, you might have a decent time. If not, be ready for some shit. Homelessness has been in a death spiral here since the start of the decade, and you're lucky to find a street off the beaten path that isn't full of jalopy RVs packed full of drug addicts. A healthy population of Mexicans have settled in, bringing the white population close to 60-70% and painting entire areas of town brown. I was almost run over by some illiterate beaner in a Nissan Versa downtown yesterday on my way out of Everyday Music.

Cost of living is low, but rent/home prices are sky high. Not quite as bad as SF, and the market has stabilized, but if you're making less than 60k/year or going to college don't bother coming here.
>>
>>136107638
This guy is telling you the truth. I'm in "Escape Portland Mode" now. This place really is awful.
>>
>>136109596
Because you are a FUCKING WHITE MALE. Dude its portland.
>>
>>136109488
They spit on you?Jesus christ.
>>
File: 12.png (146KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
146KB, 500x281px
>>136108998

>east of I-205

That's all Chinese and Thai people. Dirt poor whites if you're looking at Parkrose, Gresham, and Fairview. Are you sure you don't live in Eugene and drive up here once a year?
>>
>>136109549
Well it was tough for me just searching for a job. I probably spent a few months applying to hundred of places across the country. If you know anyone use it.

Linkedin, you can just search for people at companies and message them, sometimes they can help you. Also it sounds weird but Craigslist can have openings for smaller companies. What degree do you have?
>>
>>136109488
can confirm both valley of death and cause

willamette valley is either cold and wet, or warm and wet, 99% of the time. wooden houses literally rot away over the course of a few decades (read Sometimes a Great Notion by Kesey). people are constantly sick.

its fucking miserable.
>>
>>136109920
I don't have any degree as bad as it sounds.But I still don't know why that would prevent me from getting a part time job like fast food or something just to build myself up.But I guess I can try craigslist if I don't get killed in the process.I'll also give likedin a look.But as far as applying to everywhere else I just feel trapped.
>>
>>136109596
I was just walking down the side walk both times. I was not paying attention either time and did not know it was coming. Both strangers and both times I just walked faster. I don't really know. I'm a healthy white male that may be enough around here.
>>
>>136110258
I wonder if I'm more pumped full of testosterone then maybe I'll have more a chance with the ladies than the local cucks since despite their cultural programming, white women are still hard-wired to like a man who is dominant??
>>
>>136110161
Well in the chemical industry, most of the job postings I saw across the board were chemical operators or technicians. These tend to be low skill jobs at the start (some only require highschool degree can you fucking believe that? They can exist). These are people that follow the SOP and do exactly what they are told by the more senior scientists. Some companies tend to foster development in them so they can grow in the company.

We recently hired a girl that wasn't even done with her bachelor's to run equipment after we trained her. She's good and picks up fast and now she's growing to be more independent in her work.
>>
>>136110161
>>136110475
But when I was in highschool i was a lifeguard and I taught kids to swim as my job. When I started college I did some volunteer work at physical therapy offices at a YMCA then I worked at a gym for a little while. As I got further in undergrad o worked at the local science center doing magic shows for kids. Shit was fun.

If you are going to school you can inquire with professors for research assistant positions. You can either get paid to research or help, or get class credits (I fluffed up my GPA with As in "directed individual study" was the name)
>>
>>136110475
Well I guess I could give it a whirl since I have a diploma at least.But hey, if she can do it I can do it I guess.
>>
>>136110411
You would think so but there has been a serious reprogramming going on in Portland. The things that make women smile elsewhere make them frown here.
>>
>>136107039
the pnw is a disgusting shithole. moving out there from boston was the worst mistake of my life

i mean, i guess its alright if you like dudes who wear but plugs to work, smelly, over the top sjws, trannys, vagrants, drug addicts, confused mulattoes, and more coal burners than germany

oh, and about the heat in phoenix - the faggot environmentalists in washington state have convinced everyone that living without ac is totally normal. thats part of the reason everyone out there stinks like shit, they spend all summer in 80+ degree heat without even a window unit in sight. enjoy that.
>>
>>136110683
Volunteer work also sounds like a good start.Great work on your success by the way.
>>
>>136110892
>>136110725
Thanks. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do but it's do able for anyone if you put fourth the effort in finding what you enjoy. Really take time in undergrad to see what you like and do not like career wise. Get a much input as possible. Like I said before with LinkedIn you can always ask if people are willing to answer questions. I always asked professors and gradstudents. People usually aren't dicks about talking about their thoughts and experiences but you just have to filter out their butthurt in some people.
>>
>>136111375
>>136110892

Well I've gotten nothing but bad news in this thread but I'm glad ya'll have found it useful lol
>>
>>136111375
>>136110892
>>136110725
And I mention LinkedIn because I for some reason have been getting a lot of people asking me if I could tell them about my life. People in gradschool or undergrad so it might help getting a feel for industries, various companies, and life experiences.
>>
It fucking sucks here dude. All the worst SJW cliches that some people naively claim don't exist outside the internet are the norm in Portland. City and state government are also incompetent because Dems have almost unchecked power.
>>
>>136107039
Resist the urge to talk about politics with anyone. I lived in Oakland, I know. You can have fun with people and not talk about politics. I cracked every now and then
>>
>>136111620
Truth, and post election Portland is not happy.
>>
>>136111647
I found that much easier to do in the past. Trump winning triggered libs so bad they bring up politics constantly, especially in an echochamber like Portland where they expect their views to always be applauded (and where they are 99% of the time).
>>
File: 1499311780021.png (114KB, 753x479px) Image search: [Google]
1499311780021.png
114KB, 753x479px
>>136111375
>>136111490
Gotcha, screencapped as well.Thanks a lot for your help man, I appreciate it.
>>
OP here,

Just so you guys know, I went to college in Boulder, Colorado. So I have some experience living in an ultra-liberal environment. Idk if Portland is even more extreme than that.

I'm just gonna avoid talking about politics with people as much as possible.
>>
Growing up in the Midwest but now living in Portland, I've found most people here to be much stupider, on average. Not even necessarily in politics, just life shit.

Though Oregon is much whiter, so there's that
>>
>>136112132
This is not Boulder. It's getting much more aggressive than that. I wish you luck and fair warning. These people are more than flirting with Stalinist ideas.
>>
Ride the wave man, i found it self affirming and quite cathartic to espouse some bullshit leftist platitudes to get knee deep in hairy rainbow coloured pussy all the while dropping subtle redpills along the way.
>>
>>136107039
I moved from south Florida to Oregon for college (U of O) and holy fuck that place is strange. If you haven't seen the show Portlandia watch it before you move. The shows a fucking documentary. However after school I moved to this town in central Oregon called Bend with a couple of my buddies who lived there and grew pot so I could run their dispensary and my god that town is great. I moved back home in December 2013 because the cold winters finally got to me but from what I hear Bend has become even bigger than it was population wise. Portland fucking sucks though dude like seriously. Like every big city it has that shit and sewage smell but I swear it's worse than any of the other big cities I've been to here and I include NYC. Dutch bros make a fine cup of coffee, the frozen coffee is really good on a warm summers day.
>>
>>136112469
Just beware of the commie blacklist (real) and the Portland syphilis (real). Way to bring back 17th century STDs Portland!
>>
>>136108998
We called the redneck hipsters hicksters in Bend haha.
>>
>>136112658

Bend has really taken off since you moved. I think its among the fastest-growing cities in the country now, and maybe #1 in rent increases year to year. I go every year and there's always new shit being built
>>
>>136112132
Also Oregon is an open carry state and have some of the most lax gun laws I've lived with so there's that.
>>
>>136112825
Yeah that's what my buddy was telling me. Fucking Californians man.
>>
>>136112825
I would rather be in Bend but jobs are more scarce and housing is even more expensive I hear.
>>
>>136112469

This. I am already planning for brilliantly dismantling communism to a brainwashed blue pill.
>>
>>136107039
i think this clip kinda sums it up doesnt it ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZt-pOc3moc
>>
>>136109625

No she was an extremely stereotypical SJW. And I mean straight out of patri-archie comics. Fat. Buzzed dyed hair. Unshaved armpits. Problem glasses. Retarded tattoo on her fat flabby arm. Pig nosed. I was actually in absolute awe when I first met her, which was in the HR office. I had to actually withhold my laughter at her.
>>
>>136107039
Be honest: are you White flighting? Wouldn't blame you.
>>
>>136108998
>live in between SJWs and niggers
Feels bad man.
>>
>>136113239

Good luck but don't push too hard, especially if you've got a smaller friend circle, lefties are like 2 degrees of separation instead of 6 so if any of them find out you're full 14/88 it'll fuck up future prospects as well as achieve nothing. Play it smart.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.