[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>quit cigs months ago >haven't been drunk in months

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1501710070822.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501710070822.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>quit cigs months ago
>haven't been drunk in months
>quit pot except for one time I smoked it last week
I thought ending these bad habits were supposed to better myself, but now I'm filled with rage more than ever and I can't distract my self by doing any of my hobbies or anything.

Quitting is a shit tier meme.
>>
File: 1499573305627.png (681KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499573305627.png
681KB, 1024x1024px
>>136096225
>That shilling,
No you corperate shill,
Cigarettes make you forget, and the rage and anger is only natural after reailzing that these people were using you to make a quick buck at the expanse of your body.
>>
>>136096225
>I thought ending these bad habits were supposed to better myself
that's a bullshit meme. Most addictions are attempts at self medication for problems that exist independently of the drugs.
>>
All the rage you tried to mitigate with sedatives without properly dealing with has finally bubbled to the surface. Use it to fuel your memes.
>>
>>136096225

your still going through withdrawal. now quit sugar and go full postal.
>>
>>136097467
this unironically
after being sober from alchol and drugs for a year i have been cranking out ms paint memes like crazy and learning how to use photoshop to make nicer ones.
>>
>>136097448
this af. life is extremely boring and i use drugs (mainly weed, occasionally lsd or shrooms) to mask it and feel like life is fun
>>
>>136096225
>now I'm filled with rage
That's a normal reaction to the world we live in. Take up a hobby that lets you vent. Perhaps boxing or something else physically straining.
>>
You are white knuckling it OP. I've been there. You have to replace these things with something that drives you forward and gives you(forgive me I hate this word but got to use it) meaning. Take short steps at it, things that can be accomplished fairly easily. Keep building these tasks up until you are capable of more and more. You can do it, man. Do not give up. It is really hard, but it most definitely can be done.
>>
>>136096225
I actually envy you OP. I wish my normal drug free state was rage. Instead it's just crippling anxiety.
>>
Give it time faggot. The issues you're having now are direct proof that the shit you were doing was bad. You're just STILL experiencing the shit of those things. You think you're free but you're not. It'll take like a year before your body returns to normal and you experience the wonderful feeling of clarity again.
>>
>>136096225
trust me, it will wear off your body needs time to rebalance itself and heal after all the damage you have done to it, things will improve

>10 year smoker quit a 1 year ago back in march

its not a meme you will honestly feel better, breathe easier, much more energy, and overall happiness no shilling just honesty. don't go back to the habits stay clean.
>>
>>136096225
Sounds like you're getting some major testosterone gains. Get some new hobbies. I enjoy roleplaying games, barbecuing with friends and fucking my gf
>>
File: 1501817456552.jpg (112KB, 920x690px) Image search: [Google]
1501817456552.jpg
112KB, 920x690px
good luck dude

been daily pot smoker since '96
big time coke, e, meth, pills, etc btw 2003-2014
only smoke pot big time and 1-2 btls white wine 2014-2017
unemployed 2017+
>>
>>136096225
Lol. The solution is to ride the wave. Not deny the waves existence.

Sometimes, gotta rage. Smoke, sip, fuck, then come down. Don't blame substances for the ebb and flow of your fucking humanity.
>>
I quit cigarettes and alcohol months ago. I was actually a full-on degenerate when I was younger; hard drugs. I only smoke weed now, because I have terrible insomnia and it's the safest option. I don't want to take sleeping pills, I really don't trust them.

The anger passes, for most people. Use it to start working out. Calisthenics is a good place to start. By the way, it's not a meme. Stick with it and you'll see. Entertain yourself with fun hobbies that also happen to be marketable skills. Pick up an instrument or something, maybe practice day trading with one of those simulators.
>>
>>136096225
>I'm filled with rage
>implying it is bad
>not using hatred and rage as fuel source
Also, quiting may be ok, but a girl was a whore, she is tainted for life. The same goes here, you should not even start.
>>
>>136098103
>I enjoy roleplaying games
>and fucking my gf
Pick one.
>>
>>136096225
Anon who's been sober over two years here. That's a totally normal reaction. The self-medicating meme is real. Most people develop drug and alcohol issues because they're easy fixes to fundamental problems within your person. That's where stuff like AA can really help people, as it can give you tools to deal with the underlying issues that you were relying on chemicals to fix.

If you're going to be consumed by rage, find ways of channeling it into righteous fury directed towards your enemies and doing something creative with it. Just don't fucking sit on it and try to ignore it because it'll just simmer and then come out inappropriately.
>>
>>136096225
fuck people like you. just go get naturally selected without us having to hear about it
>>
>>136098971
any tips for anxiety? I've used cigs and amphetamine for years to cover it up, but I've recently been forced to quit both and it's killing me right now. I've tried switching to a healthy diet and I'm losing weight and becoming healthier in general but if anything the anxiety has only gotten worse.
>>
You just need to take some natural GABAergics...get some kava and valerian, it's gonna take about 90 days for your neurotransmitters to rebalance
>>
>>136099144

Figure out what the root of your anxiety is.

Is it the judgements of others? Is it the fear of failure? Fear of success?

You have to honestly ask yourself questions like that, to be able to determine it.

You can overcome it though, if you're willing.
>>
>>136099144
Theanine, taurine, magnesium glycinate, kava, valerian, vit d, vit b, vit c
>>
>>136096225
That rage is good it means your testosterone is shooting back to normal levels. I always thought cigs increase testosterone directly but it's actually withdrawal from the nicotine that does, that's why people get cranky when they stop smoking.
>>
>>136096225
Quitting is to lower your tolerance. Nothing else, go have a bucket bong. You earned it
>>
>>136096225
Start working out and shooting guns, pussy.
>>
>>136099598
I think it's mainly judgement, but I haven't been able to figure out how to beat it even if I can identify the cause.
>>
>>136096225
It's called developing healthy coping mechanisms. Don't be such a lazy cunt. Figure out new outlets that are constructive rather than destructive. Why the fuck did you quit if you didn't know it wouldn't be easy-breezy from there on out you fucking idiot...
>>
>>136100358
Bucket bong?
>>
>>136100358
>>136100762
m8 plz reply I have only 1 bowl but I have a 5 gallon bucket.
>>
>>136100682
This is the opportunity for you to reflect on yourself and truly figure out what you want from your life. You've already started a path towards a different you through sobriety. Focus on what compelled you to do that. Then learn to embrace that goal. Learn other things you can do to help yourself. Keep working on making yourself better for you. We all gonna get through this together. Best of luck.
>>
>>136100726
Sounds like you have quite the grasp on the concept. You should write a book, anon.
>>
>>136101066
google it fggot
>>
>>136101066
look up grav bong
>>
>>136096225
Harness it into something productive.

Now what that is, I can't tell...
>>
>>136102077
>checked
what is the best size bottle ?
>>
>>136096225
Exercise frequently and keep yourself occupied with something at least halfway productive.
Your body is still adjusting to life without a constant influx of poison.
>>
>>136100762

That fucking Aussie is trying to say gravity bong but gravity is different in AU
>>
>>136102578
it's cuz they're upside-down, isn't it?
>>
>>136096225
It takes a long time for your system to settle down after quitting, much longer than you'd expect. As anon noted above, quitting also exposes issues that need to be addressed. Give it time.
>>
after quitting a drug, especially one that effects the brain as much as marijuana, it takes over a year to return to normal hormonal balances. With coke/heroin it takes longer for the brain to revert to normalcy.
>>
>>136102731
exactly, I think not many people know this. Especially if you were a regular user for over a year, it takes a LONG time before your normal synaptic connections are restored.
>>
>>136096225
dude you know to work out faggot and eat right and have goals and fucking freinds, thats what the drugs replace
>>
File: dino jesus.jpg (60KB, 350x428px) Image search: [Google]
dino jesus.jpg
60KB, 350x428px
>>136096225
quiting weed always comes with a rage period. Stoners never tell you that. They're too stupid and want to act like it's not addictive to feel better and avoid problems.
>>
>>136100358
I kekd hard. Thanks mate.

>>136097759
>>136098103
I already have some hobbies (competitive gaming, pinball, playing guitar). Seems like I have improved drastically in terms of reaction time for pinball and gaming, but I am shit tier at guitar and maybe should just focus on other things. I should definitely start working out normally though. That's something I've been meaning to do.

Also I've actually tried getting a gf since quitting this shit. I haven't yet, but the search seems to be going well.

What sent me to quitting I think was actually a mildly good acid trip I had about a month ago. I was fiending hard for weed and it made me realize the time and mental energy spent worrying about it. I don't do acid often; it was my first of three trips in years.

>>136103080
since quitting weed I've had insane insomnia and fucking crazy dreams. Hopefully it stops eventually, however in some cases the dreams fuel creativity. I've also be able to consider my philosophies on life more since quitting.

This is op btw, my ip may have changed across ip addresses. Thanks for the encouragement/advice everyone.
>>
That's vitality my friend. I quit pot on new years, but bought an 8th this july when recreational became legal here. After that 8th was gone, I felt pure rage for the first 4 or 5 days of quitting. Learn to harness it, because really when you are high you are operating at 80-90% capacity. The feeling of being at 100% is overwhelming at first, but once it's harnessed, you will be on the road to becoming an ubermensche.
>>
Keep at it, op. The rage will go after the withdrawal ends. It's worth it.
>>
I quit drinking and drugs but now I fap too much... If I don't my anxiety drives me bonkers. What do?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.