[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Athe

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1037.jpg (89KB, 745x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1037.jpg
89KB, 745x339px
Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
http://www.pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
http://masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm
>>
Let's just hope the atheists don't become Muslims instead.
>>
Posters you recognize
>that one autistic christcuck who makes anti atheism threads with the same copypasta every single day around the same time
>>
>>136000549
>Atheism
>religion
>>
>>136000549
Religiosity always increased after times of tragedy. Obama borrowed 9,000,000,000,000 fucking dollaridoos. Literal unpayable amounts of debt. The economy's in utter shambles, about as close you can get to a new great depression while still being able to pretend everything's fine and it's still totally okay to keep electing democrats.

Of fucking course the religious are a growing population, that's basically the consequence of Obama. That news is less surprising than anything you could possibly have posted.

Just make sure they don't become muslims and we'll be good.
>>
>>136000549
>the problem with china and other east asian countries for that matter is the kind of Christianity the join and create.

Catholicism has a small historic foothold but isnt the cause of the growth. Their is an evangelical and occult like segment that is growing in leaps and bounds. Way back before the commies a guys claimed to be Jesus and a started a war in china.

China might become a christian nation but it wont resemble a western one
>>
>>136001689
This. The nervousness is palpable
>>
>>136003283

Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006. It's been kicked to the curb by everyone.

Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war.

Let me take you under 18s back to the year of 2006:
>atheism on the rise on the internet with their voices getting more heard everyday
>atheist leaders like Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens are respected voices in the community
>r/atheism is one of the top boards on bleddit
>corporate stores trying to push things like "Happy Holidays" and having "Holiday Trees"

Cut to today:
>Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens (may he RIP) viewed as complete psychos for their insane political/social views
>r/atheism moved to the basement of bleddit because it was embarrassing euphoric garbage
>things like "Reason Rally" draw less than a Hitler impersonator at a bar mitvah
>atheist communities tear themselves apart over things like elevator gate (giving rise to New Atheism, and Atheism+, which are less successful than just regular Atheism)
>constant rape and sexual assault allegations at atheist conventions (even atheist leaders like Lawrence Krauss are accused...by other atheist leaders)
>"Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees" are a distant memory
>liberal atheists in Britain crushed by Brexit

And quite frankly all this bad stuff wasn't even needed. All it would have took was one euphoric quote and a couple of fedora pictures. Christianity is still kicking 2000 years later, and atheism is at it knees because of a jpeg of a fat guy in a fedora. Sad
>>
Atheism is not a religion nigger and if you think it is you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about faggot.
>>
>>136000549
Hitler was an atheist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcOf94gMs8k
>>
>>136000549
I think a big part of the decline is the rise of newage nonsense
>>
>>136006797
>>136007008
It's no use anons. Like constantly reading a religious text, faggot OP has posted the stale pasta too many times and has lost all grip on reality
>>
>>136006591

Reddit didn't exist in 2006.
>>
>>136002350
Western atheism is a religion... It's a belief distinct from atheist religions like jain or non-theistic religions like buddhism and so on.

Western atheism believe in the void after death and the non-existence of God and so on and so forth. Western atheism also does not base morality on anything so they believe in moral relativism and that sort of thing. Western atheists have a lot of distinct dogmas that result from their faith in it.
>>
>>136000549
>The Pew Research Center
Isn't that a bunch of journalists pretending to be scientists?
>>
>>136006591
Atheism killed itself by their acting like they had some kind of intellectual high-ground.

They've gotten so used debunking uneducated, rural christians and out of context bible verses, that they can't debate anyone with some understanding of religion and existentialism.

Hence why no atheist "leaders" can debate a guy like Jordan Peterson.

In short: "there is nothing lole" is not a concept you can build a platform off of, because real intellectuals (and not fanatical nuts) can run circles around your arguments.
>>
>>136007765
cuckpedia says it launched on 2005
>>
>>136007008

Hitler was deeply Christian, and probably one of the greatest men to have ever lived.

Then explain:

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

"The völkisch-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will."

My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian, I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."

"We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity ... in fact our movement is Christian."

>inb4 4d chess
>>
>>136000549
It's probably because many are turned onto the ideas of a universal conciousness or a creator's individual expression via living beings. The decline is hardly a movement toward old books describing the answers that science still tries to find, claiming a creator inspires certain individuals with instructions on how to control growing tribal communities.

More in vogue are ideas that there is some ethereal knowledge within (or from outside) all of us available to any being ready to become inspired by them and understand and apply a previously unknown idea.

In this dimension that we see ourselves and interact, we are focused on so called "real" things that "matter" when most of what's real exists outside our current scope of understanding, although it seems some forms of conciousness sometimes interact from outside our 3d existence.

Sounds crazy, and is untestable, but that's no different than the god hypothesis.

Full nihilism isn't so much wrong but doesn't include everything we know, speculate, and imagine. Is there a purpose? No sign of that, but maybe we are God's game: the people game. He also plays the bird game, the tree game, the star game and so forth.

Atheists have begun to realize that hardline atheism leaves to little room for further explanation of existence at large.

But no, old books don't provide better explanations.
>>
File: 1500213305983.jpg (224KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1500213305983.jpg
224KB, 1600x900px
>>136001259
fpbp
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.