[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VAPEFAGS BTFO!!! >secondhand emissions could lead to inha

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 16

VAPEFAGS BTFO!!!
>secondhand emissions could lead to inhaled levels of toxins that exceed set exposure limits
>While e-cigarettes don't produce tobacco smoke with its associated toxins, the vapors they generate contain other compounds that are potentially dangerous to human health.
>These include acrolein, a toxin and irritant to the eyes, skin and nasal passages
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-08/acs-ett072817.php
I hope I don’t share a board with any vapefaggots.
>>
No one ever thought they werent bad for you. But they're still not as bad as actual cigarettes.
>>
I hope I don't share a board with weebs who post broken links but I think you fucked that one up. Maybe if you had nicotine in your system from the the nectar of the e-gods, your brain would be working a minimum level to comprehend what I'm saying. Also that this is a politics board cocksucker.
>>
I smoke pipe tobacco a few times a month, over drinks or after a big dinner. Gets my dick real fukkin hard.
>>
>>135881501
>could
>"toxins"
>arbitrary unnamed "exposure" limits
>potentially

lot of run around buzzwords and phrases there
>>
>>135881669
>No one ever thought they werent bad for you.
literally every nu-male who boasts of it on r***it thinks its harmless
cigarettes arent that bad for you either unless you smoke excessively (a pack a day or more)
>>
>>135881928
>r***itors are dumb
im literally shocked lol
By "no one" I meant people with a fucntioning brain
>>
File: 1480756066851.jpg (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1480756066851.jpg
1MB, 1280x1280px
OP is potentially fucking gay, and could lead to exceed the set degenerate behavior limit.
>>
>>135882145
they are like 90% of the le vape community
>>
>>135882234
I know a couple of vapers at Uni and they were all aware of the risks
>>
>>135881501

Avail doesn't use those chemicals so fuck you, I'm going to enjoy my air candy.

I wouldn't hit 250 puffs a day to begin with since I only vape at home or in my car.
>>
File: VAPE NAYSH.gif (505KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
VAPE NAYSH.gif
505KB, 300x219px
>>135881501
FUCK DRUMPF
FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
VAPE NAYSH
>>
>>135881501
>>While e-cigarettes don't produce tobacco smoke with its associated toxins, the vapors they generate contain other compounds that are potentially dangerous to human health.
>>These include acrolein, a toxin and irritant to the eyes, skin and nasal passages

the ingredients used in e cig juice are food grade and safe for human consumption.

these claims are nonsense.
>>
>>135881928
>(a pack a day or more)
Some of us just want to die slowly
>>
i LITERALLY worked for an isreali who used to laugh about how people who used these would have liver problems due to the inferior metal in the coils (on most mass models) and the dangers of using PG

i am goy so i doubt he told me everything about it...he was a really funny guy...REALLY hated niggers
>>
>>135881501
>the vapors they generate contain other compounds that are potentially dangerous to human health.

Here's a protip: any kind of particulates you get into your lungs is gonna be less than great. Even people who do woodworking without ventilators are at risk. People who shovel shavings to use in horse pens are at risk. But it gets better because you're outside at some point and there's likely traffic there. You're inhaling particulates all day.

It all adds up. Your lungs aren't designed to handle fine particles or a lot of bigger particles. You can hork up some of this mass but over time with age more gets trapped and puts you at risk for infection and cancer.

>>While e-cigarettes don't produce tobacco smoke

And this is the key difference. Tobacco smoke is really fucking bad. If you wanted to use nicotine as a drug you really should just buy nicotine gum and chew that.

Vape smoke is undoubtedly less harmful, but less harmful isn't zero harmful. That said the pearl clutching is a bit much. Even the hipster cunts around here got over that fad.
>>
>>135881669
>No one ever thought they werent bad for you.
Tell that to the retard scum parents i see around here letting their 10 yr old children smoke them.
>>
>>135881501
Acrolein is ingested when eating fried foods. I hope I don't share a board with degenerates that eat fries
>>
>>135881768
What?
>>
>>135881501
screeching over secondhand smoke/vape is for faggots
>>
>>135882480

Have fun with pneumonia
>>
File: 1486174263171.png (138KB, 336x326px) Image search: [Google]
1486174263171.png
138KB, 336x326px
>>135882455
isnt this the politician who blew his money on vapes and steam games?
>>
Reminder that the only reason to take up vaping is the quit smoking, go nicotine free, then quit entirely.
>t. vapefag
>>
>>135882896
This.
>>
>>135882605
>Vape smoke is undoubtedly less harmful, but less harmful isn't zero harmful.

its not smoke. it literally has zero negative health effects
>>
>>135881501
I'm glad you're concerned for my health.
>>
>>135883148

Vapor isn't combusted, so technically not smoke. We still call billowing clouds smoke you absolute autist.

>it literally has zero negative health effects

You breathe invisible particulates that harm your health all day but you think a billowing cloud full of taste doesn't contain any particulates going into your lungs?

So you're asserting your personal retardation as evidence?
>>
>>135882641
That's gotta be reportable even in bongland. CPS has to exist.
>>
>>135883148
...nigga u alright? that's not a very reality based thing to say
>>
>>135881501
>Funding from University of California
It's probably not as bad as the nanny state says.
>>
>>135882505
i am one of those
>>
>>135881501

>tfw smoker
>tfw considered vaping but i'm afraid they will find out it's 20x more hazardous to your health than normal cigarettes
>>
>>135881501
It's anonymous. You, me, and everybody shares it with every kind of scum and villain. You'll only know by those who declare themselves what they are (and who's to say they're not lying).
>>
>>135884312
It's not.
>>
>>135881501
I vape THC
>>
You retarded faggots should just stop breathing entirely to avoid fecal particles, dead skin particles, pollen or any of the millions of particles you breathe in every fucking day from entering your precious lungs in case you die like a crying little pussy bitch.
>>
>>135881928
Cigarettes take what was it, 7 minutes off your life each one you have? vaping Tobacco is stupid
>>
File: light.jpg (77KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
light.jpg
77KB, 970x545px
>>135884774
>Cigarettes take what was it, 7 minutes off your life each one you have
>>
>>135881501
Are they a known carcinogen? Okay then.
>>
>>135884774
>7 minutes off your life each one you have
i have yet to see a reliable study done on this claim
anyone can get lung cancer or copd, so just because a smoker gets it doesnt necessarily mean that it was a result of him smoking, chances are likely it was but its not certain and you cant really be certain
also you cant really give a good life expectancy of a person, only use the average life expectancy of the local people
>>
>>135881501
Fucking vape fags went to a movie with some and the were vaping during the fucking movie and checking their phones. Wanted to kill them.
>>
>>135881501
>irritant
Oh fuck how horrible
>>
File: 14c.jpg (27KB, 600x733px) Image search: [Google]
14c.jpg
27KB, 600x733px
>>135883148

>zero negative health effects
>>
>>135885115
One of the oldest women ever smoked a pack of cigarettes each day since she was a fucking kid and never got cancer.
>>
>>135885125
But you kept quiet like the beta you are.
>>
>>135882553
>the dangers of using PG

I suppose if you are using PG designed for INDUSTRIAL USE (not food/medical). But you fags realize that PG is what they use in hospitals to carry inhaled medicines to people through extended use CPAP machines when they have lung surgery and shit right?!?
Of course not.

If you ingest mystery shit from China or India then you deserve everything you get.
>>
>>135885360
>literally prove a negative
>>
>>135885669
>shitskins using shitty material for their vapes and then dying

Big surprise. Don't be a dumbass and it won't hurt you.
>>
>>135885583
One time I met a black guy who had an iq of 153 and was able to beat me in chess... what's your point?
>>
>>135881501
doing any sort of smoking is retarded. how the fuck do people get fun from putting smoke in your lungs and then blowing it out
>>
>>135885583
i know
my dad is in his 90's now, smoked a pack a day since 15 and no problems with him either

>>135885916
very much based on genetics
smoking, not so much
>>
>>135886026
Nicotine? God you're a fucking retard
>>
Tried vaping, got acne after one week. Never had acne in my life.

Also it tastes like shit, no matter how hard you try to add fag flavours on top.
>>
>>135886265
I switched from cigarettes to vaping for about a week and cigarettes tasted awful. I still switched back though, just because vaping somehow didn't give me my nicotine fix properly. I would like to switch permanently.
>>
>>135886644
Very odd tho. With 6mg liquids the nicotine hit was HUGE for me. Much stronger than any cig.

Can't imagine with 12mg or 18mg like some vape.
>>
>>135882774

Vape more if you can understand my post you mong. I made it as simple as possible.
>>
>>135881501
r u stooped?
>>
File: plsrespond.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
plsrespond.png
14KB, 300x300px
>>135883148
eh, claiming LITERALLY ZERO negative effects is going into retard territory. saying its WAY better than smoking is one thing- saying its got ZERO potential side effects is asking to be proven wrong.

example: i noticed that my teeth would get sensitive to cold during periods of heavy vaping. anyone experience something similar?
>>
>>135884312
>smoke a pack a day
>wake up feeling like shit
>cough of garbage for 15 minutes every morning
>wheeze when I run half the time
>switch to vaping
>1 month later
>no longer coughing up nasty shit in the morning, or ever
>can run again without my lungs hurting or wheezing
>feelsgoodman.png
>>
>>135881501
>e cigarettes EXPOSED
>while not as harmful as tobacco smoke, e cigarette emissions can cause irritation to the eyes, nasal passages, and skin

Wow, it's fucking nothing. Taking 3 breaths in LA or Jew York does more damage than vaping in a plastic tent for 12 hours.
>>
>>135886026
Most of them just get off on thinking that the strangers around them are impressed by the amount vapour they are exhaling.
>>
>>135882480
>there is literally no difference between eating something, or inhaling it directly into your bloodstream
>>
>>135887698
I've never noticed my teeth get cold. I bite my cheeks sometimes though
>>
>>135886644
>>135886802
Tobacco has more than just nicotine in it.
>>
>>135881669

You sure about that? For all we know, vapeing might kill you in your 30's or cause permanent damage to your lungs, while with the cigarettes we know what we'll be getting
>>
>>135889365
Yep because the toxins contained in vapes are an actual subset of the toxins contained in cigarettes
>>
I can't wait for all the vapefags to get a new aggressive form of cancer. Muh vaping is safe! Internet told me so! Lol remember when smoking cigarettes was recommended by doctors? Idiots
>>
>>135881816
Same but cigars instead.
I have smoked a pipe before it was pretty gud imo.
>>
File: 1492426322743.jpg (460KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492426322743.jpg
460KB, 900x900px
>>135881501
Daily reminder that E-Cigs are literally a government normalization program to prepare Humans for sucking robot dick.
>>
>>135881928
>numales are stupid
Shocking.
>>
File: ponder.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
ponder.png
53KB, 256x256px
The problem is that people seem to think that the only problem with smoking is from the physical smoke causing lung cancer, COPD, etc.

That's only half of the problem. the other half is that the nicotine that gets absorbed causes all sorts of long-term cardiovascular issues. It raises your blood pressure, fucks up your cholesterol levels, causes vasoconstriction, leads to a higher likelihood of heart attack, stroke, and other thromboembolic events, etc.

So while ditching smoking for vaping gets rid of the risk of developing pulmonary diseases, you're not doing anything to stop the cardiovascular issues. In fact, it might be even worse for your CV health, because if you THINK vaping is safe, you might be more inclined to do it more often than you would if you just had cigarettes. Especially since vaping is more convenient, you can do it in more locations, you don't need to keep running out to buy cigarettes, etc etc etc.

Also, and this is completely anecdotal, but everyone I've seen that vapes has been a total faggot. Like a cross between an atheist fedora-tipper and a guy like Joe Rogan who constantly talks about DUDEWEEDLMAO, kettlebells, and eating a gluten-free diet.
>>
>>135889950
So don't do it and shut up, faggot
>>
>>135881501

>one chemical that can irritate the skin and lungs
>over 5000 chemicals most of which are proven toxic and cancerous

Ill take vaping to help me quit smoking thanks.
>>
>>135881928
They are harmless. And doubly harmless second hand, just like second-hand smoke is harmless.
>>
>being concerned about what other people are doing to themselves
What a bunch of homosexuals...
>>
>>135890347
No need to get butthurt about it. The point I'm making is that while vaping is LESS BAD for you than smoking tobacco leaves, it's still bad for you. Even people ITT have this misconception that vaping is perfectly 100% fine.
>>
>>135890673
I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to pay for all these fuckers via medicare and medicaid who go on to have strokes and heart attacks and jacking up healthcare/insurance costs for everyone.
>>
>>135890680

And drinking Coke is less bad than drinking bleach
>>
>>135882605
>your lungs arnt designed to handle fine particles or a lot of bigger particles

Are you fucking retarded? the body has multiple ways of filtering particles (both fine and large) as well as ways to expel particles that make it into your lungs...as well as an ability to heal after damage has been done.

What you think all those people living in deserts for a millenia have to deal with? Dust is everywhere. Particles are everywhere. We breathe pollen daily and pollen is literally little barbed particles that latch onto surfaces.

The dangers with vaping is over heating nickle based coils (which is why theres temp control vaping) and overuse of anything isnt awesome for you.
>>
>>135890776
You aint paying shit.

>inb4 i just got off/about to leave for wotk
>>
>>135890978
*work
>>
File: anticipation.png (413KB, 552x691px) Image search: [Google]
anticipation.png
413KB, 552x691px
>>135889614
i mean... would sucking robot dick be so bad?
>>
>>135889950
Cigarette smoke really causes a fucking assload of more problems than nicotine, including autoimmune disease

Maybe that's why vapers go gluten free, lots of people with autoimmune disease are finding out gluten is bad for them
>>
>>135890835
That's a shitty comparison and you know it. You could excuse literally anything using this faulty logic, because you completely ignore degree. Nicotine use over time has very serious effects on your cardiovascular health and leads to major issues, heart disease, stroke, etc. You're simply uninformed if you think the only real issue with smoking is the risk of lung cancer.
>>
>>135890680
What's interesting is the high is very similar to caffeine yet caffeine doesn't seem to have any of these problems, supposedly, and instead I've read it's actually linked to a longer lifespan

I find it hard to believe caffeine can be so good when nicotine is so horrible
>>
>>135891127
How many cases of autoimmune disease can be attributed to smoking?
How many cases of cardiovascular disease?
>>
>>135891256
Caffeine blocks the adenosine receptor and nicotine activates the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor. They work completely differently. You don't a damn thing about chemistry.
>>
>>135890426
It is a good thing for helping to quit smoking. The problem is, that many take it overboard, turn to vaping as a replacement. There are many synthetic chemicals in vape liquids which burn to create nasty stuff which is not "healthier" but just damaging(and carcinogenic) in other ways.
>>
Vaping is the best way to drop a cigarette habit, which is many times worse for the body. You are retarded if you dont smoke and pick up vaping of course, but for smokers who want to drop the habit its the cheapest, simplest, and easiest way to get off a product designed to be as addictive as possible and start using a far less dangerous product that isnt designed for maximum addiction.

I can only speak from experience, i smoked for 15 years, close to a pack a day, thats close to $13 a day where i live.

Within 3 days of starting my vape habit i was 100% off cigarettes, yes i wanted to quit cigs and youll need to want it to quit even with vaping.

My lungs did a 180 about 2 weeks later, turns out i wasnt as out of shape as i thought...i now have active hobbies because im not completely gasses after 15min of exercise.

I went from paying something like $300 a month on tobacco to about $40 a month on juice and coils (after a start up cost of about $75)

My lungs feel great, my body feels better. Is vaping healthy? Fuck no. Will there be negatives to my health vs nothing...of course. Vaping takes nicotine addiction and removes 5k chemicals and reduces the cost significantly...

Best part is, cigarettes are DESIGNED to be as addictive as possible. When smoking cigs i needed one every fucking hour or two. Vaping isnt designed for addiction. Since i started vaping i went from 12mg nicotine to 6mg, down to 3, in one month. I can work 10 hours without vaping no problem, with cigs i couldnt i needed a smoke break at least 2-3 time a work shift. If i do vape at work i take one puff and thats all i need and its over, i dont need to stand outside for 10min puffing.

I wish i had started to vape years ago. Its going to be much easier to drop nicotine as a whole once im situated with lower than 3mg nicotine vape juice.

My advice is to start now get off the super addictive cigarettes before the FDA rules its worse than crack.
>>
>>135891444
I'm not defending nicotine I'm just suspicious of the caffeinated jew

I think the studies linking it to longer lifespan are just a bullshit correlation, people who are well off tend to consome more coffee and live longer

I can't see something that lasts so long and causes insomnia being healthy
>>
>>135889950
>nicotine that gets absorbed causes all sorts of long-term cardiovascular issues. It raises your blood pressure, fucks up your cholesterol levels, causes vasoconstriction
no it fucking doesn't. these are all short term effects that are comparable to caffeine use.
>>
>>135891140

>That's a shitty comparison and you know it. You could excuse literally anything using this faulty logic, because you completely ignore degree.

That was my point
>>
>>135891573
>Vaping is the best way to drop a cigarette habit, which is many times worse for the body. You are retarded if you dont smoke and pick up vaping of course, but for smokers who want to drop the habit its the cheapest, simplest, and easiest way to get off a product designed to be as addictive as possible and start using a far less dangerous product that isnt designed for maximum addiction.

I agree completely. It can be a useful tool, just like other forms of nicotine replacement therapy like gum. But then there are the people who have switched to vaping and then constantly puff on the thing throughout the day and think they're perfectly healthy doing so. It's better to be vaping than smoking, but you should still be trying to dial down the dose and getting off nicotine completely.

To use an analogy, it's like a 400 lb lardass dropping a bunch of weight, but stopping while he's still completely morbidly obese. Yeah, you're better off at 350 than you were at 400, but you really should be trying to keep losing more weight than that.
>>
>>135891573
Realize that the carrier juices all cause severe dehydration

Eventually you associate it with that and it stops being so pleasurable and you can quit altogether lol

Seriously vg and pg just suck all the moisture out of your lungs like a vacuum, and your stomach will immediately dry out trying to refill it

It's not pleasant after a while
>>
>>135891674
This.

Nicotine is as dangerous, or as mundane, as consuming caffeine. You're more likely to fucking yourself up if you take ibuprofen every day.
>>
>>135891736
No, I'm referring to the implication you were making with your counterargument.
>>
Cigarette smokers:
How many cigarettes do you consume daily on average? Curious.
>>
>>135891636
a well-designed study will control for this stuff. I wouldn't assume all studies are done well, but it's also retarded to assume that the researchers didn't think of that. They're as smart as you are.
>>
>>135891674
Short term? Really? I never heard people make a big deal about stroke and shit caffeine but that definitely seems possible short term with it at least, as any drug that increases energy. But I swore nicotine had a more lasting effect on your veins increasing chances of stroke and shit. I mean your body can heal eventually maybe but I haven't heard the same shit about caffeine
>>
>>135891636
Oh, I see. I'm not well-read on the literature on the health effects of caffeine. I'm not sure what factors those studies controlled for, it the effects were due to caffeine itself or antioxidants in the coffee, etc.

I'm not sure if it's "good" for you, but if it's bad, it's certainly not to the same degree that nicotine is.
>>
>>135891256
nicotine isnt horrible, rather it is good for you
it generally gives you better cognitive performance, memory, attention, fine motor abilities, and lots of other benefits
https://www.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3151730/

>>135891929
about 15-20
>>
>>135891929
I'm at around 10-15 a day depending on what i'm doing. Shits terrible.
>>
>>135891929
Forgot to self report:
0-3, couple more if I'm drinking.
>>
>>135891929
Average smoker goes through a pack a day. People with a bad smoking habit go through 2-3 packs a day. Severe cases I've seen include smokers that go through 5+ packs a day.

Your average vaper has a 5ml tank. A "heavy" vaper will go through 15ml in a day. I average about 8ml a day.

This push against e-cigarettes is propaganda from tobacco industries. Vaping is a hell of a lot cheaper than a smoking habit, and hell of a lot less addictive, which is why a lot of smokers struggle to quit cigarettes even with vaping.

Tobacco industries are watching their market crash and burn with all these millenial vapers. Their current customer base will be dead within a couple decades, and they have no new flock of sheep to pick up where they've left off to keep up with sales. They mad.
>>
>>135881501
The sea of lies never end
>>
>>135883910
haha nope
literally every other shop on any uk street is a vape store/take away

they are still enjoying legal loop hole status and sell to anyone
>>
>>135891929
Smoker turned vaper here. To set the stage: I get the feeling that I'm a heavy vaper. Vape in the morning when I get up, during the on-foot parts of my commute, heavy vaping during ~2 breaks per day at work, and during the evening at home.

HOWEVER, when I smoked I basically never hit a pack a day. I would maybe smoke 5-10 in a usual day. The only time I did an entire pack was when something really stressful happened. I cannot fathom how disgusting it would be to suck down an entire pack (or more) every day.
>>
>>135892248
>it generally gives you better cognitive performance, memory, attention, fine motor abilities, and lots of other benefits

So does fucking meth, but that doesn't mean it's good for you. Nicotine also taxes your cardiovascular system and can significantly increase your risk of CV events.
>>
>>135885583
This faggot is actually defending smoking over gaping
Claiming nu male after staring this lmao

Hahaha fucking Euro cucks
>>
File: Chimney-Sweep_Cleaning-Norfolk.jpg (58KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Chimney-Sweep_Cleaning-Norfolk.jpg
58KB, 300x225px
>>135881501
> You idiots, weed is natural and not bad for you
> You are idiots, because Vape is 100% chemicals and is better for you than tobacco

These kinds of people are just the funniest
>>
>>135892516
Or you could work out and make it a moot point.
>>
This thread just proves that addicts always have a definition of addiction that conveniently doesn't include them. Look at the shitty justifications why they continue to destroy their body, waste money, and drag everyone else down with them too.
>>
>>135881501
>OP proceeds to drive his 4.2 SUV on Diesal.
>>
>>135892418
>This push against e-cigarettes is propaganda from tobacco industries. Vaping is a hell of a lot cheaper than a smoking habit, and hell of a lot less addictive

I'm not "against" vaping as an alternative to actual cigarettes. Relatively speaking, it is *better* for you, and anyone making the switch should be applauded.
HOWEVER, the point I'm trying to make is that people have a misconception that vaping is perfectly harmless because "it's just water vapor, bro" as if the particulate matter stuck in your lungs from cigs is the only issue, and not all the cardiovascular effects.

That is to say, it's great if people switch to e-cigs over real ones, but they should still try to further reduce their usage and hopefully completely stop after that. Just like it's better to use nicotine gum instead of cigarettes, but you should still try to eventually get off the gum too.
>>
>>135881501
Why would you piss of Zizek
>>
>>135892248
It improves these things in the short term by influencing the release of these transmitters. It gets broken down in a matter of hours and then the pendulum would swing back and you pay the price from deviating from what your body tries to maintain. Of course people would rather not pay the price and reintroduce nicotine in the system again instead. This however causes addiction and adaptation of the system to the regular intake of this substance, it basically turns your adrenal system into a 'manual' system, when stressed people are urged to get that nicotine the most.

I have quit nicotine vaping 3 days ago after years, it feels like a massive adrenaline rush like sitting in a race car at high speed and still not having enough to do per second.

I quit because I believe quitting will have a positive effect on neurotic thinking, concentration, memory and thinking like your thoughts are being chased by a pack of wolfs.
>>
>>135892592
Or you could work out and not use nicotine. This is the same logic as "well I did some jumping jacks this morning so I'm going to pig out on an extra large bucket of KFC today"
>>
>>135892516
>Nicotine also taxes your cardiovascular system and can significantly increase your risk of CV events.
no it doesnt, its the other shit in tobacco that does that
meth has many more downsides than nicotin
one of the only few downsides of nicotin (the same goes for caffeine) is that its addictive

>It gets broken down in a matter of hours and then the pendulum would swing back and you pay the price from deviating from what your body tries to maintain.
same goes for coffee, yet the world consumes like 5 billion cups of coffee every day
whats wrong with having a few smokes or nicotin patches every day for the benefits and pleasures it gives
>>
>>135892900
No, it's not the same as eating a bucket of chicken because you went to yoga for 30mins; because that's fucking retarded. People who do real workouts don't have these fatigue related problems because their bodies are more resilient through endurance and strength training.

Either way, I'd slap a faggot drinking a coke before I slapped a faggot puffing on a vaporizer.
>>
>>135881501
vaping is about as bad for you as drinking weekly. It's beyond retarded that anyone would be peer pressured into doing something incredibly dangerous like smoking cigs rather than vaping just because some weebs on a web forum made a keanu reeves meme and think it's uncool. If that describes you you might as well just kill yourself.
>>
>>135893135
>meth has many more downsides than nicotin
I never said nicotine was as bad for you as meth, retard. I'm saying you can't just point to some positive effects and say "see, it's good for you!"

>no it doesnt, its the other shit in tobacco that does that
Completely and utterly wrong. Nicotine is the major contributor toward cardiovascular risk here.

>same goes for coffee, yet the world consumes like 5 billion cups of coffee every day
Nicotine is worse for you than caffeine by a large margin.

>whats wrong with having a few smokes or nicotin patches every day for the benefits and pleasures it gives
Your body your choice, anon :^). All I'm saying is don't go around acting like e-cigs are harmless, because they're still quite bad for your heart. Enjoy your increased risk of heart attack and stroke.
>>
>>135891790
I'm one of those people who switched to vaping from cigs. I've tried to stop completely but can't. I remember life before nicotine and it was a horrible maze of uncontrollable anxiety. At least with vaping I can keep it under control when I need to without completely killing my lungs.
>>
>>135891573
This is almost my exact experience except that smokes are $18 a pack here

Good post
>>
>>135881501
>acrolein

This stuff is produced in e-tobacco via Glycerol (VG) which has a boiling point of 290 degrees Celsius.

Vaporizers are designed to work at 250c.

So, this is a non-issue unless you're using a malfunctioning or modified vaporizer.

Try harder.
>>
>>135893192
The point I'm making is that it's illogical to say "It's okay to do this very unhealthy thing as long as I offset it with this other healthy thing".

You should be exercising and getting off nicotine. I could make the exact same argument with your soda drinker by saying "WELL AT LEAST I'M ONLY DRINKING A BIG GULP AND NOT EATING AN ENTIRE SACK OF DOMINO'S REFINED SUGAR!!!"
>>
>>135881501
shiiet time to stock up on vape like a prepper stocking up food
>>
>>135890934
>all ultrafine particles are the same
>each particle has the same effect on our lung epithelium

who's the retarded one here? go read something about lung toxicology and nanoparticles. come back in a week and tell me how wrong you are, faggot.
>>
>>135893491
And that's good, anon. Because it's definitely better for you. Just as long as you recognize that you still have CV risk with vaping.

Have you tried gradually lowering the dose of nicotine you receive?
>>
>>135893711
everyone has their addiction. For most people it's behavioral, but there isn't anyone in that I know of that doesn't have at least one.
>>
>>135893491
Went from cigarettes to e cig to nothing. I chewed sugar free gum to get off of the e cig. A lot of gum. I don't chew it as much anymore. Give that a shot.
>>
File: consent.jpg (34KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
consent.jpg
34KB, 500x464px
>>135893711
>t. Peter Hitchens
>>
>>135890934
>the body has multiple ways of filtering particles (both fine and large) as well as ways to expel particles that make it into your lungs...as well as an ability to heal after damage has been done.

I guess you've never heard of silicosis?
>>
>>135893888
And that still doesn't change the fact that nicotine (as from e-cigarettes) is still bad for your cardiovascular system.

If you can't quit and the best you can do is vape, then I understand. But I just want you to understand that vaping is not harmless, and that it still carries the same cardiovascular risk as regular tobacco. I'm not going to convince you or anyone else to quit; I'm just trying to fight the misconception that it's harmless.
>>
>The authors acknowledge major funding from the University of California
Haha.

Commiefornia wants to tax vapefags
>>
File: 21b.jpg (46KB, 680x426px) Image search: [Google]
21b.jpg
46KB, 680x426px
>>135881501
Try reading more scientific publications before postings things that say "could", "potentially"
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17H3rBQIroLZdleUBalP45BG9PlXsSyL-DQPIbGRvY-I/edit#gid=0

/pol/ BTFO with summerfags
>>
>>135891846
Well you could actually drink more water Hitler lad.
>>
>>135891846
Drink a fucking gatorade then, bitch.
>>
>>135883148
>>135885360
Citation for britbong
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17H3rBQIroLZdleUBalP45BG9PlXsSyL-DQPIbGRvY-I/edit#gid=0
>>135886644
Go to the electronic cigarette reddit though I could help you here
>>
File: 1500784239035.jpg (33KB, 480x853px) Image search: [Google]
1500784239035.jpg
33KB, 480x853px
Anal sex with your father is less gay than vaping. Get back to le reddit, faggots.
>>
File: greentext irl.png (283KB, 1134x850px) Image search: [Google]
greentext irl.png
283KB, 1134x850px
>>135893998
this is funny but i don't know what it means
explain it to a dumbass
>>
>>135891846
This is true although 'severe' is over sensationalizing, there is no acute or severe chronic danger and therefor 'severe' is inaccurate, however, it does indeed dehydrate your lung tissues and protective layers. People will compensate by drinking more fluids, this in turn will cause the kidneys to have trouble concentrating urea through vasopressin, (pee will be colorless) this in turn will cascade into craving for salty foods, effects on the lymph system and how much water your body is going to hold, where you are going to store it and how prone you'll be to release a lot of sweat during exertion etc etc. The effects on vasopressin and the kidneys will in turn cascade on to other systems as well, if anyone has research papers into this I'd be very interested.
>>
>>135881501
You know what else is dangerous to humans?

Life

Stop being a cloud hater, you just wish you were cool enough to vape without choking and watery eyes
>>
>>135881669
I have never met someone who vapes less frequently than they would smoke. It'd be less harmful if you didn't puff dank clouds for 30-45 minutes at a time but all these vapekids are asking for popcorn lung
>>
>>135895744
This is a result of people believing that vaping is totally harmless. Since they think it will cause no harmful effects down the road, they think they're free to puff away 24/7 at far higher rates than they would if it were real cigs. They don't feel like they need to inhibit themselves, because they think it's perfectly fine.
>>
>>135895744
Wow Reddit is more educated than /pol/ fuck this these faggots hate on something they have no idea what it is

Read those scientific publications idiots
>>
>>135881501
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrolein
>The acrolein content in cigarette smoke depends on the type of cigarette and added glycerin making up up to 220 µg acrolein per cigarette

>DUDE! U kno the stuff thats in cigarettes?? its in electrical cigarettes as well!!
>>
>>135896266
They ought to be properly informed but the thing is there is no long term certainty so you could only inform people of 'potential consequences' or just flat risk.

Furthermore, while we are on lungs, people ought to be informed if they live down wind of a Teflon factory, bleach factory, insulation manufacturer or anything producing tiny bits of solid dust that has some degree of mutagenic properties, in some areas the risk is ridiculously inflated to the point where it would be a larger factor than smoking/vaping.
>>
>>135896780
As someone else pointed out, the issue tends to be temperature and combustion vs. vaporization.
>>
>>135896715
Scientific studies also showed that lung cancer is impossible if you smoke marijuana. GUESS WHATS TURNING UP LATELY?
(((Scientific study))) is a load of horseshit
>>
File: 1501115075885.jpg (43KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
1501115075885.jpg
43KB, 500x529px
>>135882891
yep
>>
>>135886644
Were you using a 30$ kit? I tried to use a cheap one and it lasted for a week untill I said fuck it and went back to cigs. Bought a better vape and cig free for month now. I plan to cut it out completely
>>
>>135889365
Then don't have anything with the same chemicals in it

>toothpaste
>candy
>IV drips

Put it in your mouth, stomach and veins, just not your lungs :^)
>>
>>135887805
Can confirm. No morning cough no pain
>>
>>135881669
cigs aren't bad for you dickhead, it was all a cover up for people breathing in radioactive particles from nuclear testing
>>
>>135895336
DRINK A FUCKING GATORADE YOU DUMB NIGGER
ITS GOT ELECTROLYTES
>>
>>135898021
I have a fairly high end kanger cupti with variable temperature/wattage control, etc.. It's probably partially to do with the psychological/behavioural aspects of the addiction to cigarettes. I'll try again when I run out of real smokes. I definitely felt better in terms of lung capacity even after just a week of vaping. I just need to get my shit together.
>>
>>135898489
Calm down nigger, I don't care, do as you like,
chain of effects is interesting is all.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.