[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No, it’s not racist to save minority kids’ lives >Everyone’s

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2017-08-02-15-57-53_1.jpg (130KB, 1078x1397px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-02-15-57-53_1.jpg
130KB, 1078x1397px
No, it’s not racist to save minority kids’ lives

>Everyone’s a little bit racist, even the employees of the Administration for Children’s Services. At least that’s what The New York Times would like us to believe.

>In a 4,000-word feature, the paper suggested ACS is needlessly and recklessly removing minority children from their families. Citing interviews with lawyers working on behalf of parents caught up in these proceedings, the Times suggested ACS is engaged in the “criminalization of their parenting choices,” a practice they call “Jane Crow.”

>God knows there are problems with ACS — I have even written a few columns about them — but the idea that racial bias is at the heart of what plagues this bureaucracy is downright absurd. There’s no doubt that black and Hispanic families make up a disproportionate number of those who come into contact with ACS.

>That has been true for at least 20 years. According to ACS records, African-American children made up 31.5 percent of the population in the city in 1987 and 63.1 percent of children in foster care. In 2012, they made up 25.9 percent of the population and 59.8 percent of the children in foster care.

>Agency spokeswoman Aja Worthy-Davis isn’t surprised by these numbers. Black children disproportionately make up the people “who are affected by poverty and in need of social services,” she said. So it would be surprising if they didn’t make up a disproportionate number of kids who need intervention.

>But like all our conversations about “disparate impact,” the one about child welfare ignores the underlying facts. Just as we cite statistics about incarceration and police intervention without actually asking who is committing crimes, so we blame ACS for getting involved in the lives of too many black and Hispanic children without asking why that might be.
>>
>First of all, officials respond to alerts from other people — neighbors, doctors, teachers — who live in these same communities and who are generally looking out for the best interests of children. ACS workers don’t wander around neighborhoods looking for neglectful parents to pick up. This isn’t like the story of a policeman giving you a hard time for leaving your child in the car while you ran into the dry cleaners.

>The agency itself isn’t exactly a hotbed of nosy white people looking to lock up minority parents. According to the most recent statistics, 65 percent of employees were black and 15 percent were Hispanic. The idea that they’re targeting families because they think racial minorities are bad parents seems a little farfetched.

>How many times do we need to say that not every instance of disparate impact is proof of racism? If you compare the outcomes for black and Hispanic children involved with ACS, you might be surprised to see that although Hispanic kids make up only 36.8 percent of the population and 44 percent of the substantiated reports of abuse or neglect, they only made up 34 percent of children in foster care.

>This isn’t because child-welfare workers are less likely to send these kids to foster care. Rather, former ACS Commissioner Ronald Richter notes, Hispanic children are more likely to have other relatives offer to take them in, making foster care unnecessary.

>But the Times ignores these possibilities. Instead, the article is a series of outrageous anecdotes with little data (like the fact that emergency removals are actually down this year).
>>
>>135866669
I gotta say, I'm getting really sick of this trend of news headlines starting with "No..." It's getting worse every week and is one of the most condescending, pretentious things I've ever seen. The state of (((journalism))) today is truly bizarre.
>>
>>135866669
It's not my job.
They're not my fuck trophies.
This is anouther cuck thread.
>>
File: ARTORGIASTIC.png (10KB, 1089x50px) Image search: [Google]
ARTORGIASTIC.png
10KB, 1089x50px
STOP HELPING PEOPLE IN WAYS THAT LEAD TO LONG-TERM SUFFERING
PLEASE
IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT CARING PEOPLE CARE ABOUT THE FUTURE, TOO?

The reason why liberal art is so blindly focused on the present is that people who care about the long-term become disconverts. They don't stick around to contribute to the corpus of liberal artwork.
>>
File: niggerhands.jpg (44KB, 612x496px) Image search: [Google]
niggerhands.jpg
44KB, 612x496px
>>135866669
>>
File: getimage.aspx.jpg (122KB, 756x549px) Image search: [Google]
getimage.aspx.jpg
122KB, 756x549px
>>135867044
Aggressive wording that talks down to the reader and tells them what to think is the new norm I'm afraid.
>>
>>135867416
yeah, stop feeding niggers
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.