[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's amazing to me how Democrats, and leftists who look

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: bernie-sanders_1200x675.jpg (93KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
bernie-sanders_1200x675.jpg
93KB, 1200x675px
It's amazing to me how Democrats, and leftists who look to the Democratic Party for hope, are still broken and asshurt about the primary. The Republicans aren't necessarily functioning well at this point, but the Democrats basically seem to pose no threat. It's like Bernie Sanders completely broke the party. The Bernie-types and leftists are basically squatting in a state of permanent feud with the Clinton-types and centrists/neoliberals/identity politics people. They're like tribes of primitives ready to go to war with each other at the drop of a hat.

With all the controversy Trump's caused, you'd think this would be the time for the Democrats to make some big moves, but near as I can see it they're in a really fragile, uncomfortable state that they can't get out of.
>>
>>135854544
the democrats built their party around having the next glass ceiling shattered by one if their members

now they're fucked cuz they can't become relevant in terms of seats until they re-secure the white vote
>>
>>135854836
They can't secure the white vote, because they are the kill whitey party.
>>
>>135854544

It's the right thing for the Democrats to be doing, and something I was hoping Republicans would do if Trump ended up getting cheated out of the Republican nomination.

In terms of both priorities and positions, there's a MASSIVE disconnect within parties between the political class (politicians, donors, backers, activists, etc.) and the registered voters who comprise the base.

Trump and Sanders were both inevitable reactions to this disconnect. Trump prevailed because the GOP primary was "fair" (Rigged, but against another Ron Paul-esque campaign, which Trump didn't run). The Democratic primary was completely rigged what with superdelegates (not "rigged" but unfair and anti-democratic), media astroturfing, poorly scheduled debates, collusion between DemE and the media, etc.

This is a problem the Establishment Democrats have had for ages, at this point. They stand for nothing. Their rhetoric is completely disconnected to their policy, etc.

Honestly, at this point, I'm tempted to shill Chunk Yogurt's "Justice Democrats" thing. He wants a more left-wing Democratic Party. Further polarization and the collapse of the political center would be good, beyond that, I really do want to watch the elite in the Democratic party get roasted by an obese Turk, millennial "activists," and grassroots fundraisers.

Beyond that, shilling that movement might be good for the damage it'll actually do. Not only will it be entertaining, but it'll be a more extreme iteration of the Tea Party. The Establishment will hate them, there'll be massive infighting, etc. Only Progressives can't be co-opted like the Tea Party was, nor can they unify behind anti-Trumpism (Like Anti-Obama rhetoric did for the Tea Party and GOPe). There's simply too much bad blood between the two (DemE believes Progs cost them the Presidency. Progs believe the DemE cheated Bernie.)

tl;dr: Dem infighting is a good thing. Both for Dem voters, opportunistic Conservatives, and radicals.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.