[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of the many amazing prophecies of Jesus Christ from the Old

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (35KB, 236x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 236x334px
One of the many amazing prophecies of Jesus Christ from the Old Testament is that of verse 1 from Psalm 22:

>"O God my God, look upon me: why hast thou forsaken me?"

Many people have said, "Jesus said God has forsaken him on the cross, how could he be the Messiah?"
Jesus was invoking Psalm 22 on the cross. The Psalm was wrote around 1,000 years before Christ was born.

This is significant because a few verses later in the same Psalm it says this:

>"They have pierced my hands and feet."

Some renderings have it;

>"they have torn holes in my hands and my feet"

Strange. It would appear that Jesus Christ invoked a Psalm wrote 1,000 years before He was born that seemed to tell of His very unique death, crucifixion; which did not even exist at the time Psalm 22 was wrote.

Psalm 22 goes on to say:

>"They parted my garments amongst them; and upon my vesture they cast lots."

This is another strange coincidence. It is known that the Roman soldiers gambled, or "cast lots" on Christ's garments as He was being crucified. If Christ was utterly out of His depths and defeated; why does this Psalm--that was invoked as He was in unimaginable pain--foretell of exact circumstances of the very death He was experiencing? Circumstances that no one could have known?

Not only this, Psalm 22 ends by foretelling the great rise of Christendom, which was achieved based on the very death that Christ Himself was experiencing, that the Psalm undeniably addresses:

>"All the ends of the earth shall remember, and shall be converted to the Lord: And all the kindreds of the Gentiles shall adore in his sight."

Remember, at the time of Christ, only one tribe was expecting a Messiah. This Psalm called forth by Christ on the cross predicts His death to an exactitude, and it just happens to predict the unprecedented worldwide conversion based on this death.

How do atheists explain this away?
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 378x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 378x464px
What is the point in this thread? To try and make some people recognise the truth that is staring right at them. Jesus Christ is Lord. Our nations crumbling since we abandoned Him is testament to this. There is a Creator. There is a God. And there will be a reckoning, there will be judgement.

So therefore, ACCEPT IT. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord, learn about true Christianity, read the Church Fathers. Pray. Your. Rosary.

Upon doing these things you will discover a few things... Namely, God is all you have wanted, needed, or desired in your life. And secondly; the Catholic Church is the true church that Christ founded.

God bless you all.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 640x203px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 640x203px
>>135810148

Pic related is Iraenaus, from the 3rd century, clearly stating that the CATHOLIC CHURCH is the true church of Christ.

>either this Saint (and many others) were wrong, or Protestantism --which started over 1,000 later-- is wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 729x991px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 729x991px
>>135810287

>Pic related is Ignatius, from LESS THAN 80 YEARS after Christ died, talking about true Chrisianity. Which is undeniably Catholic.
>>
You had me up until pray your rosary.
>>
>>135810148
>the only church that can ever exist
John 17:20-23 Says unity, yet you slap your brothers hand away.
>>
>>135810685

Unity means having one church. One doctrine. One faith. Christ did found one Church, and it is the Catholic Church, which is plain...

I'm not slapping anyone's hand away, rather I am welcoming all of my brothers in Christ back to the church Christ founded.

Read my previous 2 pictures/quotes on just two of the early Christians on the importance of their being one church, United.
>>
>>135811393
So Catholicism is the right denomination?
>>
>>135811393
What can you tell me about catholic doctrine on eschatology?

Also, what's up with communion being literal? Do you have any early church fathers I could read on the reasoning behind it?
>>
>>135811919

Yes. Regardless of its current form, it's current crisis, which has been foretold many times; it is the true Chruch Christ founded.
>>
>>135812142
The catholic church is an organisation of men and men can are easily corrupted by wealth and power

Jesus didn't even want anything to do with religious institutions
>>
>>135811979

We believe the church Christ founded is One, Holy, Catholic (universal), and Apostolic.

There are three mystical branches of the Catholic Church... The Church Militant (that is, us here on earth), the Church Suffering; being those in purgatory undergoing purification. And the Church Triumphant, being the saints in heaven.

The Catholic Church is the mystical body of Christ.

That is a very tiny view, please research this more...

On transubstantiation of the Holy Eucharist...

>http://www.calledtocommunion.com/2010/12/church-fathers-on-transubstantiation/

Regarding transubstantiation
>>
>>135811393
Jesus prays for unity of believers and "those who will believe in me", believers we will together bring to the light. Do you or do you not slap my outreached hand away brother?
>>135811919
John 17:20-23 says there are only believers and those we've yet to convert, no denominations.
>>135811979
Baptist communion is literal.
>>
>>135811979

Ignatius of Antioch (d. c. 110): “Take note of those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God. . . . They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes” (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2–7:1).

Irenaeus (d. 202): “He took from among creation that which is bread, and gave thanks, saying, ‘This is my body.’ The cup likewise, which is from among the creation to which we belong, he confessed to be his blood” (Against Heresies, 4:17:5).

Irenaeus again: “He has declared the cup, a part of creation, to be his own blood, from which he causes our blood to flow; and the bread, a part of creation, he has established as his own body, from which he gives increase unto our bodies. When, therefore, the mixed cup [wine and water] and the baked bread receives the Word of God and becomes the Eucharist, the body of Christ, and from these the substance of our flesh is increased and supported, how can they say that the flesh is not capable of receiving the gift of God, which is eternal life—flesh which is nourished by the body and blood of the Lord, and is in fact a member of him?” (Against Heresies, 5:2).

Tertullian (160–225): “[T]he flesh feeds on the body and blood of Christ, that the soul likewise may be filled with God” (The Resurrection of the Dead).

Origen (182–254): “Formerly, in an obscure way, there was manna for food; now, however, in full view, there is the true food, the flesh of the Word of God, as he himself says: ‘My flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink’” (Homilies on Numbers, 7:2
>>
>>135813764
>>135813972
Thank you for your time, I pray that we can all grow closer through Christ and that the Holy Spirit leads us to Truth and away from temptation.
>>
>>135811393
>and it is the Catholic Church
And ya soiled it. The Catholic church has bastardized so much of the scripture and created so much man-centric and man-made nonsense.
>>
File: image.png (239KB, 400x763px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
239KB, 400x763px
>>135811393
You don't follow the Bible.
kys

>>135811919
No, see pic and the verses.

Baptism
Need to believe.
Acts 8
36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Fully submerged in water.
Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Matthew 3:16
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
John 3:23
And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.
>>
File: picture-jesus-christ-light.jpg (93KB, 700x504px) Image search: [Google]
picture-jesus-christ-light.jpg
93KB, 700x504px
>>135809967
THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HATH MADE
LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT
WE LIFT OUR HEARTS TO THE LORD
>>
>>135810148
I'm going to pretend you're Jayda Fransen and fap to your posts.
>>
>>135817001
Does the NKJV count? It still has all the firery words like 'sodomite' that the (((NIV))) takes out. Though i have the original KJV too if i need it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.