[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you guys so convinced that society is going to collapse

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Why are you guys so convinced that society is going to collapse just because social norms are changing? This has literally been happening all throughout history. It's nothing to be afraid of to the extent you are. I always used to think that the whole thing about conservatives being deathly afraid of change was just hyperbole until I spent some time here. You guys really are convinced that the end is nigh.
>>
>>135788070
>"what is Rome?" - the thread
>>
The majority of /pol users are not conservatives though
>>
>>135788070

>This has literally been happening all throughout history

Societies have also been collapsing all throughout history.

You are probably too young, impatient, low-intellect, high time-preference, and low-attention-span to make your way through an academic paper written before you were born, but I on the off chance that you have the capacity to learn and any kind of willpower, read this, and begin your journey towards enlightenment:

http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf
>>
>>135788405

As always, fpbp.
>>
>>135788405
>there are some vague similarities to the events of this different civilization before its collapse at one point in history so that means it's definitely going to happen to us

That's dumb. You're dumb.
>>
>>135788405
This. Roman history mirrors the history of Europe spookily, except this time the collapse may be so enormous that the new "dark ages" that follow may last thousands of years.

My only hope at this point is that America is the new Byzantium and the European legacy can survive through its greatest creation.
>>
>>135788865
>"History can never teach us anything" - the post
It's true. The only thing we learn from history is that people never learn from history.
>>
>>135789209
Yes, history can teach us things. But society is not necessarily cyclical as a rule. "It happened before so that means it's going to happen again no matter what!"

Not how it works.
>>
>>135788711
I've read that before. I'm surprised to see it endorsed here given its scathing viewpoint on nationalism essentially being cherry-picked nostalgia of the past.
>>
>>135789502
If you can't see the astonishing parallels between Rome and the west today - even down to the jewish influence which destroyed both - you're either a shill, ignorant of history or simply a jew.
>>
>>135789667
>I'm surprised to see it endorsed here given its scathing viewpoint on nationalism essentially being cherry-picked nostalgia of the past

Please paste the part of the paper that you think says that.

If you've read the paper, then you didn't need to create this thread without sharing a link to your published rebuttal.
>>
>>135790124
It's somewhere in the opening statements, I'll have to take a look in a bit if you want a direct quote. Another thing I remember about that is that it gives an awful lot of credit to the early Muslim world for its period of intellectual supremacy, something /pol/ outright denies today.
>>
Gay tolerance is a symptom of a comfortable decadent society. One of many symptoms. A society that celebrates degeneracy like butthole fetishes and mutilated genital fetishes to this extent is a society that is weak against invaders, because that society is composed of weak, effeminate "tolerant" people.
Many Europeans refuse to believe that their african and middle-eastern guests are invaders who don't hold the same multicultural gay-friendly ideals that the natives do. When so many of Europe's leaders can't even take a stand against invaders for the safety of their own people, it isn't a stretch to see where civilizational decay occurs. It appears as day-to-day street intimidation, muggings, ghettos, welfare drainage, white flight, terrorism, media coverups, and leniency of the law against foreign criminals.
>>
Commie cuck wants government to tell him who fuck with. Nice, good goy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.