[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are so many people experiencing "graduation depression"?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 47

File: unnamed.jpg (86KB, 750x787px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
86KB, 750x787px
Why are so many people experiencing "graduation depression"? Is it because they realized they all picked shitty degrees and cant find jobs?
>>
>>135779243
Yes, most majors are memes. The only ones with value are STEM, law, business/finance/economics/accounting/marketing, medicine and thats about it. Majority of the rest like literature, philosophy or gender studies are retarded and not marketable to employers
>>
That or they figured they don't like their future job
>>
>>135780454
Well if they are good writers they could write a book and if it's good it should sell and if it's really good maybe it gets turned into a movie
>>
I can't imagine how bad impostors syndrome is when you're an actual impostor.
>>
>>135780454

i majored in writing and average ~125+k / year. i know many liberal arts majors who make similar salaries. a degree is a degree, and even STEM/law are useless if you cant put yourself out here and get a job. even in those more specialized fields, the degree field itself is only important if you plan on pursuing higher education in that field (e.g. becoming a doctor or something similar). any hack can bumble their way through a law degree at a shitty school.
>>
basically. I was aviation major with AFROTC and now I am at SUPT and loving it.
>>
>>135779243

no, its because they majored in a meme joke degree and college was just play time for 4 years and constant smoke being blown up their asses, then then went out into the real world and got hit real hard with the fact that they are useless faggots
>>
when i graduated from high school i went straight into a minimum wage job and did army training on the weekends
school is infinitely more fun than work, and the lack of variety in such a menial job can really come as a shock to someone who's recently come out of an environment full of friends, fun and parties.
i've been to exactly one party in the last year compared to 2-3 parties a month while i was in school
call me a degenerate or a kid or whatever but i miss school and work is a fucking drag
>>
>>135779243
I had graduation depression when I finished High School, because I didn't know what to do after I graduated.
>>
>>135779243
Self righteousness does not put food on the table.
>>
>>135780932

Pls kill yourself

>125k a year

if you can make 125k a year, you can make more for your wagey cuck boss
>>
>>135779243
not even shitty degrees. most young whites these days are so autistic and brain damaged that they lack even basic networking skills. they literally believe that the second the graduate people are lining up to hire them.

you have to make fucking connections in college if you want a job after graduation. make friends with your professors and classmates or suffer.
>>
>>135781172

i'm 29 with many years to go. considering i inherited nothing, id say i'm in a good place, particularly in reference to the NEETs on this board. but go ahead, move the goalposts some more. let me guess, you're a STEM student now who thinks someone is going to magically hand him a job making 200k a year the day your graduate? fucking KEK.
>>
>>135780454
>3
This and even if you pick a good degree and get a job that pays well, student loans will fuck you for the next 10-20 years.
>>
>>135779243
They were cool and important in college and some regular fuckhead in the real world.
>>
Because American college is a vacation/party resort for young Americans and they don't get to sleep in till 11 and smoke weed with their friends all day and ride the cock carousel by night anymore
>>
It's always scary entering the post-graduation phase of life, but today's graduates think they're paying for the degree as a service, and then the degree will work like a job voucher when they graduate.

Once they realize they aren't inherently precious, have to actually prove themselves, show marketable skills, and develop their own professional identity all by themselves beyond the degree they "paid for," they get depressed.

TLDR modern graduates are emotionally subnormal losers with no concept of how the world works, i.e. it doesn't revolve around them or owe them a job "cuz I got my degree."
>>
>>135781517
youre talking about the successful ones that get jobs anon, this article is talking about autistic STEM students that have no social skills and therefor no value in society.
>>
File: 1501002919769.gif (897KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1501002919769.gif
897KB, 800x430px
>>135779243
A lot of it is a scam. You can earn a really good money out there by educating yourself in your desired subject on the web, and getting an early start in that field, most STEM aside. Experience is worth a ton.
>>
>>135780932
>>
I remember the graduation blues. It's a major transition. Some anxiety is to be expected you're starting a new life after all.
>>
>>135780932
>125k
Pathetic
I'm a chef at wendy's making 467k a year and i have a a 14 inch penis
>>
>>135781997
hi
>>
>>135781616
>get degree
>OH YOU THINK YOUR DEGREE IS WORTH SOMETHING YOU FUCKING LOSER!
>AUTISTIC SCREECHING!
>>
>>135780932
bad bait, made me reply
>>
>>135779243
>Women don't know what to do with their lives when there's no authority figure taking them by the hand and leading them towards "their" goals
FREE THINKERS UNITE
>>
Reminder nearly all colleges have an EXPLORATORY Major option. Basically you can have no fucking idea what you want to do but hey, lets go to college anyways and we'll help you figure it out.

Its like giving a dealer $40,000 before you even know what car you want, and if you decide you dont want a car after all youre fucked
>>
>>135782277
Women were and always be meant to be in the presence of a man who will be superior to her, women aren't supposed to be independent or any of that memey shit
>>
>>135780815
>if if if if if
calm down obongo
that goes for literally every major except the absolute meme ones like gender studies
if you put in work, time and effort you will produce results and be successful
the "newer" genrations have the attention-span of a toddler on coke and mostly lack ambitions and sense of responsibility as a result of a coddled, and well funded, childhood
>>
>>135781997
I want to meet you IRL. Like what the fuck kind of person would come up with this at random. You're peobably a top tier bro and very funny.
>>
It is because 99.9% of all majors are memes if you don't even try to talk to the professors to get job options after college. Only engineers really get jobs without having to do any networking.
>>
>>135782688
Leafs are funnier than burgers.
>>
>>135779243
I guess it's because they regret their choice, I picked a meme degree and luckily found a job after graduating.
In my opinion working is much better than being in highschool or college because you only have to pay attention to it while you're at work and can do whatever you want with your free time, no studying or worrying about finishing a project or homework. If you have decent coworkers it definitely helps too.
>>
>>135782863
I went to Canada, they really are not.

Also tell the people of Calgary that real cowboys are only in America
>>
>>135780454
electronics???
>>
File: IMG_1421.jpg (51KB, 599x361px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1421.jpg
51KB, 599x361px
>>135782372
As a woman I can confirm. I'm currently studying microbiology. I'd like to have my own job, and follow my dreams. But a part of my dreams is also having a husband who will lead me and make decisions for the both of us, someone who is assertive and a true leader.
>>
>>135782688
Its a meme you dip
>>
File: 1480843933071.jpg (289KB, 918x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480843933071.jpg
289KB, 918x1200px
>>135779243
They haven't yet realized that they have been tricked.
>>
>>135782863
I can confirm, I have like six canadian friends and they're all hilarious. I know like 20 americans and they all randomly range from retarded to creepy to sometives making clever jokes.
>>
>>135779243
It's called reality shock
You don't have "idealistic" profs selling rhetoric to an echo chamber anymore all of the sudden they realize they are a vocal minority with a buttload of debt.
Also the majority of university students are women so for a majority of graduates to exhibit mental health issues should come to no surprise
>>
No. College used to be a good transition period between childhood and adulthood. Since college is basically high school 2.0 these days there is no transition period and when people graduate they are violently ejected into adulthood without being prepared.
>>
>>135783192
Shut the fuck up your LARPing retard, everyone knows no female is smart enough to discuss things like this or even want to come to a website full of weebs and hairy fat virgins
>>
>>135779243

Cause in college they feel important with all the social justice stuff going on and whatnot, lots of events to hang out with other students.

Then they hit the real world where there's so much less of that, can't go out and party 24/7 since you don't live in a dorm with hundreds of people.

You start to realize you are not special and are just an average person, and they can't handle that
>>
>>135783023
That mostly falls into STEM.
>>
>>135783023
you know what the T in STEM stands for?
>>
>>135781009
>>135783473
>>135783426
Double on this.
>>
What's the deal with all the pedo bait here?
>>>/tv/85758156
>>>/tv/85756922
>>>/tv/85759226
>>>/tv/85757247
>>>/tv/85757599
>>>/tv/85758499
>>
>>135784465
it used to be /ourthing/ but now it is the left doing it so we hate it
>>
>>135780815

You don't have to study anything to be a good writer. Learn your language thoroughly (fucking pay attention in elementary school), keep a journal, use words you're not familiar with, visit "Word of the day" pages or podcasts. Learn to SPEAK like a proper human being and not like a kang. I keep a journal, I write articles about whatever interests me and I don't even fancy myself a writer, but I love to write.

On another note, I am a computer engineer (not a shitty cs major). I would definitely be a virgin if I didn't know how to properly use my mother tongue. Keep learning fellas.
>>
>>135779243
>tfw I already had a job secured before graduation from my internship and ended up going to another company that offered me more starting and around a 50% increase within a few years.

Feels good being a STEM autist
>>
>>135779243
I hate fucking college, I want to turn back time. I have a job secured though, but it's not worth of 4 year degree. I'm 30k in debt, which is less than average though. Still fucking sucks. I could have used the loans to start my own business.
>>
>>135780932
>writing
with that type of typing. Bullshit my man.
>>
Life for women in college:

>Everyone agrees with you
>You are tested on how much you agree with your professor
>Feel EMPOWERED with dumbass pseudo-intellectual pursuits like diversity summits

Out in the real world people disagree with you and want you to explain why you think what you do. People ask why you work at a nonprofit making Wendy's money. Almost every fuckhead woman I've ever known (or sadly dated) has or is going back for a Master's degree just to feel the warm embrace again.
>>
>>135783553
You're fucking stupid. If only you knew how stupid you look to me. I'm a fucking girl and some random neckbeard is telling me I'm not. Guess these periods and boobs mean nothing to ignorants.
>>
>>135779243

Young people who don't really know who they are or what they like go to a private party zone for four years where they experience the most extreme emotions of their short lives thus far, and while making decisions of enormous, far-reaching importance which will affect them for the rest of their lives...then it all magically ends one day, and they have to leave the party zone forever and get a job. Oh, and they're probably in debt. And a tranny.

Little wonder people get sad.
>>
>>135785323
Nice to see that they are continuing the bubble
>>
>>135780991
Can confirm. Was useless
>>
File: 1453872563179.jpg (87KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1453872563179.jpg
87KB, 500x484px
>>135783023
>went for electronics after ~6 years of shit jobs
>get into basic algebra
>realize im autistic or something
>cant fucking do basic algebra
>bail and drop out and continue working shitty fag tier jobs
>recently quit my last fag shit job
>sitting my my mothers basement drinking malt vinegar from the bottle right now
>prolly going to kms
>>
>>135783553
If you stopped being this way maybe you'd actually know how many girls you've talked to on here. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
Also stop insulting women you insensitive fuck. Get out of your basement and talk to real women. Not every girl is a plastic bitch who only ever cares about Makeup and clothes. There are many girls who are into as many weebshit as you are, and are hikkikomori and have put as many hours into CSGO as you have. Stop the women are all plastic meme.

Admittedly I'm ugly but I'm not like those roasties. I have my own personality and don't give a fuck about the size of whomever the fucks dick. All those whores should get AIDS and die. Women should relearn to fucking respect themselves and stay loyal to one partner lifelong.
>>
>>135779243
They are looking for reasons to be depressed about something so people can feel bad about them
>>
File: drama theatre student.jpg (133KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
drama theatre student.jpg
133KB, 900x600px
>pick a retarded degree with no career prospects to party every night and ride the cock carousel
>finish uni, now fast approaching mid-20s
>work at a bar, coffee shop, supermarket etc. at minimum wage
>barely afford to pay rent on your shitty studio apartment and your financed 10 year old Peugeot
>nobody wants to be with you because you an unsuccessful waste of air and already past your prime.

REALLY ACTIVATES YOUR ALMONDS, HUH?
>>
>>135785550
There are no girls on the Internet, now gtfo
>>
File: IMG_1540.jpg (593KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1540.jpg
593KB, 1536x2048px
>>135781382
I don't think many stem majors expect to make 200k on graduation.
>>
They were told going to university was necessary to become adults so they picked whatever sham degree they could get accepted to, but then got infantilased and indoctrinated by postmodernist-neomarxists.

They need to sort themselves out.
>>
File: IMG_2466.png (1009KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2466.png
1009KB, 1334x750px
>>135783553
>>135783553
I constantly have to synthetize my voice and pretend to be a male online because of faggots like you who can't just fucking play wihout giving a shit that I'm a girl. It's not a big fucking deal. Women can be tools, as there are many, but they can be into stupid shit too and be weird and disgusting and love being in environments where there's many "hairy fat virgins" as you call them.

Also on a side note people who think of a man's virginity as negative can kill themselves. I wouldn't marry a man who isn't a virgin even if he was the best romantic match. I hate manwhores as much as I hate woman whores.

STAY CHASTE UNTIL MARRIAGE.
>>
>>135779243
>graduation depression
>I have spent best days of my life riding the cock carousel and being strong independent woman only to found out that all that awaits me in the future are meaningless relationships and 80h workweeks
>why won't other people do something about it so I don't have to change or gender forbid accept consequences of my actions
Most moder women made thair beds this way and now they can be raped in them for all I care
>>
>>135780932
yea same I make 90k a year as a wendys district manager got my burger degree the first and last time I smoked weed 10 years ago
>>
>>135779243
No. It's because the daycare of university ended and they're in the real world.
>>
>>135779243
the boomers sold all our jobs to Pajeets and Mexico
>>
File: 1414611728950.png (395KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1414611728950.png
395KB, 420x420px
>people talk about getting 100-200k a year jobs
>mfw I'm just going in for a trade that will pay like 30-60k a year
I wish I could bring myself to have higher aspirations moneywise but even now I hardly do anything with my money.
>>
>>135786148
????????
This is literally making me cry why do you people have to be this way. I've been in /pol/ for years, and as long as I don't mention not being a guy I'm fine. If I even hint I'm a woman like I did just now, I get called a LARPer and insulted.
I didn't even bring itup for attention whoring like most girls (males) here. Someone said women should all have a man to lead them and I wanted to confirm it since I'm a woman who knows what the need to have a man to lead is.
>>
>>135780815
Writing a book is something you do as a hobby that can turn into a career if your good. It is not something you should be pursuing from the onset as a career because you will starve while you write, build an audience, and get recognized.
>>
It's because studying is nice and working full-time is shit.
>>
>>135786869
If it makes you feel better they're all lying. Most starting salaries are 40-60k. And usually require tons of extra hours you don't get paid more for.

Working 90 hour weeks isn't worth it. Just do your trade, make your 60k and go home.
>>
>>135786023
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>135786869
newsflash: people on the internet lie, especially on anonymous image-boards

most of the people here with "100k+ STEM jobs" probably still live with their parents at 25 and are unemployed.
>>
>>135781997
DM me
>>
File: 38263.gif (264KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
38263.gif
264KB, 350x200px
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/02/jon-rappoport/number-one-mind-control-program-us-colleges/

“More than 25 percent of college students have been diagnosed or treated by a professional for a mental health condition within the past year.”

Let that sink in. 25 percent.

Colleges are basically clinics. Psychiatric centers.
>>
>>135779243
>snowflakes think depressing is the same as "feeling down"
>>
>>135786535
Your extended rant against his brief insult is doing nothing to help the "triggered woman" meme. If anything, it justifies the no women on the internet rule.

>/pol/ isn't woman-friendly
>/pol/ isn't PC
>/pol/ isn't the place to rant about "muh struggles as a woman

Trying to change these facts isn't going to work. If it doesn't work for the government or share blue, it's not gonna work for you. If you don't want tards like that guy insulting you, I suggest you quit ranting and man up
>>
>>135786023
>Admittedly I'm ugly
Well you are a White Supremacist so at least you are pretty on the inside <3
>>
>>135786195
Well, they all expect to, but then reality sets in.
>>
>>135780454
Honestly even STEM is starting to become a meme. Market is so saturated and shit like Chemistry/Physics/Engineering just isn't that hard.
>>
>>135786904
>literally making me cry
LARPer confirmed
>>
>>135779243
I didnt realize how useless a master degree in engineering was until I graduated
>>
>>135779243
It's because they've been pushed into it(university) by family/friends/society and believe that that is what they wanted all along without realising that getting the degree isn't the end goal it is the starting point.
Same thing with marriage and weddings, people spend ages organising and planning this perfect day without thinking about what they'll do afterwards.
>>
>>135787150
Im a service advisor for a car dealership in southern California make around 80 85k a year didnt go to college just work real hard at everything you do what you get out of your job is what you put into it
>>
>>135779243
All it is is separation anxiety, home sickness. When you spend a few years with the same people only to have to upend your social life because you have to move on that can cause an emotional whiplash. The journey to graduation provides a comfortable routine for many and when routine gets disrupted that upsets people, even moreso when that routine is never coming back. I bet it's the same psychological phenomenon that retirees go through except retirement has much more investment. Thirty years versus four to eight or so.
>>
>>135779243
when I graduated for college I did so completely debt free. any sadness about leaving college was because I was going to miss campus and my friends.

I don't think college student even enjoy school anymore.
>>
>>135779243
because college was literally so fun, and you extend your childhood into your adult years then suddenly youre done and its time to wake up. i experience it, i wouldnt call it depression though. just a hard reality check. but thats fucking life, you dont need to feel validated just fucking deal with it and move one. why do these kids dwell on everything.
>>
>>135779243

because it's some made up bullshit for faggots.
>>
>>135787639
>seless a master degree in engineering
No mate its just the country your living in. Better play some more CSGO huh. Same problem in my country btw :/
>>
>>135787868
this.

college isn't even fun for these people
>>
>>135779243
I'm in college, free of course

Should I get into the real world or stay in the comfyness of academia? Help me anons
>>
>>135787517
You're right :/
>>
>>135779243
"It's nice to be validated because my father wasn't there to validate my existence"
>>
>>135781172
You sound like a faggot.
>>
>>135787924
>Better play some more CSGO huh

all I do all day is learn programming languages and applying for jobs. I don't have time for video games. Civil engineering was a mistake, gonna try to get a job as a web developer. Applied to 300+ jobs now.
>>
>>135786535
>>135786904
>>135788087
men and women are different and our sensibilities are also different
as is the way we engage in social interactions

if you rl are not biting heed my advice:
accept two things
for men interacting with women is really tiresome for variety of reasons
your very presence is a thread to male spaces that are needed for male psychical health

all men uderstand those two things on some lvl but anons on 4chan are simply more aware of it
so either make it worthwile and show your tits or if you looking for male acceptance and support in your life then find yourself a husband
>>
File: IMG_2601.jpg (27KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2601.jpg
27KB, 258x195px
>>135787570
I'd kill all niggers in a heartbeat <3
>>
>tfw stem post grad depression
>>
>feels nice to be validated

That's their fucking problem right there.
>>
>>135788078
Do you really crave that much a life of mediocrity?

Academia are parasites. Someone with that flag of yours shouldn't consider living off the government dole aka teaching.
>>
>>135788123
do you know her? her father died a few years ago and she started becoming degenerate after that but now after her boyfriend broke up with her she found jesus again
>>
>>135788232
You're right. I'm not showing anything because not a whore and it's bannable on /pol/. But thanks for your advice. I understand.
>>
>>135788087
Alright, have a good day now
>>
>>135782372
>>135783192
So much this.
My ex got in touch a few weeks ago, told me I was right all along and that she is doing now what I've told her to do 4 years ago. Which is to study User Experience to work in IT and leave her brain dead ad graphic designer.

Current gf is much smarter than ex, I still need to keep an eye on her career. And I'am talking about two girls with college degrees and skills in 1.5 foreign languages(ex english/german, current english/french).

Women do better with a higher value(than her) men besides them.
>>
>>135788078
Don't listen to random advice on the internet, that's my advice for you... wait.
>>
>>135788307
>Academia are parasites.
This. I know people who are in their fifties and have never left college. Six or seven years for an undergraduate degree, eight or ten in "graduate school" (a.k.a. dicking around writing a paper no one will read) and then three or four years student teaching while they wait for a job to open up in a school somewhere so they can repeat the cycle by teaching college students to do the same thing. Always in some totally useless major where the only thing you could possibly do to earn a living is to teach.

Now that I think about it, to call them parasites in an insult to the parasite community.
>>
File: 1462324014405.png (389KB, 566x361px) Image search: [Google]
1462324014405.png
389KB, 566x361px
They don't teach you how to interview and most people of college age these days aren't suited for a white collar or corporate environment. Very few degrees are still meal tickets.

It has less to do with meme degrees and more to do with the fact that the economy can't support billions of "skilled professionals" in any given field, especially when most of them are arrogant shitheads.
>>
>>135785848
Join the military faggot, get a cushy POG job and it's GG
>>
it's more accurately called the realisation that college was a 4 year LARP that you were leveling up value and skills as a human being while you wasted your half the potential of your best years
>>
>>135788078
Are you ready to stomach "Diversity training"?
>>
>>135788427
no problem and for what it's worth I wish you good luck with your life
also feel free to ask for anymore sage advice
>>
>>135789294
We literally have a diversity class requirement at my school
>>
>>135785848
skilled trade
>>
>>135779243

It has to do with a sinking feeling that normies get after spending $200,000+ on a 4 year degeneracy vacation resort for adult children.
>>
>>135787610
I find this very hard to believe. maybe the IT industry is saturated, hell I'm in IT myself (I'm a senior admin with nearly a decade of experience though so it's not too hard for me to find a job if I need to), but I sincerely doubt that science, engineering, and mathematics are "saturated."
>>
>>135788904
Cool idea until a fat korean oversteps and starts a war.
>>
>>135779243
existential doubt. lack of long term planning.
>>
>>135779243
>Is it because they realized they all picked shitty degrees and cant find jobs?
I'm exactly the opposite. Got a CS degree and had many internships with an offer of a graduate job. Can't stand the programming workplace, nothing like the environment/tasks at uni:
>Open office
>Mind's so worn out at the end of each day you can't even think straight
>Normies
>Ticket numbers
>Small fixes evolve into system rewrites
>8 glorious hours of it the next day
>Never ending (no summer holidays)

I now just want a part-time job with as little social interaction as possible, paying enough just to cover the bills/protect my savings.
>>
File: wolf of kekstreet.jpg (29KB, 501x276px) Image search: [Google]
wolf of kekstreet.jpg
29KB, 501x276px
>>135779243
"Graduate Depression" is what snowflakes suffer from when they encounter reality and realise they're not special, have zero real skills, zero experience, and now must compete for a job against somebody with 20 years real world experience.
>>
>>135780454

Do not include marketing in that. That is a bullshit major.
>>
>>135779243
Just a big life change. Also happens after high school graduation. Moving and changing jobs does the same.
>>
>>135788307
You may be right, the dullness of it could kill me

>>135788644
At least you're not a leaf

>>135789294
True, our country is already catching up with the Diversity™ (thanks gringos!)
>>
>>135789564
We just lost a project to a lab in Atlanta full of "architects" and "analysts" that outsource the development to 8 dev teams in poopoo land.

IT is saturated in the sense that you can pay 200 shitskin dev for the price of 20 devs that knows what they are doing.
>>
>>135789663
>Never ending (no summer holidays)

How is that even legal?
>>
>>135779243
Jordan B Peterson articulates this well - one day, you're at the top of your mountain after climbing for 4 years, finished your degree - the next, you're a nobody with no work experience.
>>
File: 9head.jpg (4KB, 86x134px) Image search: [Google]
9head.jpg
4KB, 86x134px
>>135788904
too old
lmao
>>
>>135787610
the market is saturated with street shitters, but no business is going to hire one of those animals to head a construction project, cause if it breaks, their company fucking dies
they get into IT and coding because computers can be replaced and code rewritten, skyscrapers and rockets are much, much harder to do and are far more expensive when they fuck up
>>
>>135779243
Possibly separation from their friends and the first social circles they formed as adults?

Not everyone in education or outside STEM is a liberal degenerate
>>
>>135779243
Yeah I guess the sudden realization that you're actually expected to contribute to society could be rough, if your a massive faggot.
Seriously there is no way to justify this bullshit.
>>
>>135781329

>grandfather
>literally walked down to the center of town and got a good enough job to buy a house and support a family of 6 out of highschool
>father
>got a useless degree, just called people at random in a phone book until a six figure job appeared
>today
>well you better be STEM, even though STEM is saturated by hordes of poos and all HR departments are ran by white-hating feminists, might as well kill yourself for picking any other degree. and IF you're stem, make sure you do 8 unpaid internships, 2 co-ops, profile yourself on 12 websites that'll be dead by next year, tune your resume so algorithms don't autoreject you, and make connections xD

nah bro it's just autism
>>
>>135781329

That's just the autism, nigger.
>>
>>135779243
I just took the bar exam and don't know where I'm going. Is that the same thing?
>>
>>135789612
>modern era
>boots on the ground
it'll be drones, missiles, and bombs
actual troops will just be sitting in south korea doing fuck all
>>
>>135790112
authoritarian police states don't give their citizens much freedom or rights
>>
>>135780974
Supt?
>>
Well living the student life where you party and go out every weekend and often several times a week, and where you spend most of your time with friends or doing something you want to do and then going to working full time 8 hours a day and getting tired and realizing that you will be a wage slave for the rest of your life from now on can quickly make anyone depressed.
>>
>>135791091
>actual troops will just be sitting in south korea doing fuck all

ahem special forces? Tom Clancy stuff.
>>
>>135780833
checked and underrated
have a potato, nature's taste-grenade
>>
>>135781438
>student loans will fuck you for the next 10-20 years
you mean you have to pay pack a large sum of money in a reasonable amount of time?
>>
>have a good degree in something supposedly in demand
>I mean, a GOOD degree, not fucking basket weaving or bullshit
>have applied to literally thousands of jobs
>constantly facing 10+ other finalists as competition, including guys with 20 years of fucking experience applying to supposedly entry level jobs
>suprise, always get passed over, every fucking time
>get told I'm "lazy" "entitled" "probably an arts major (I'm not)", other bullshit by retards who don't know what it's like
>have applied for jobs that pay 14 a fucking hour starvation wages and got passed over
>have applied to shit I'm qualified for and got passed over
>have applied under, at, and over my level, have gotten passed over
>have done a song and dance for every HR, interviewer, and temp agency in the city, got passed over

I want to start shooting the people responsible for this shit. 1/3 of people in my major can't get a job at all after graduation and 1/2 work in minimum wage. It's a good major, it was hard as shit and supposedly extremely in demand. The jobs that actually exist are either part time or pay so little that you can't live on the wages in even the cheapest shared place with roommates in the shittiest, most far-flung suburb of the city eating ramen every day and dumpster diving.

Fuck you.
>>
>>135781329
>they literally believe that the second the graduate people are lining up to hire them.
It's not entirely their fault man, they're literally told that repeatedly starting as early as middle school, and the only people who try to tell them otherwise are denigrated as "losers" with no education.

Hell my younger siblings SAW the hell I went through trying to find a job after graduating uni and they STILL won't listen to me. They think it'll be different for them because they've been lied to their whole lives. I can't wait to laugh at them.
>>
Perhaps it's a blessing I ended up homeless months before graduating HS. I could have been one of these sad saps, though I'm sure their degree makes them more viable for a job despite me having over a decade of work history in retail.
>>
>>135779243
It also probably has a lot to do with the fact that garbage sluts will usually see a marked decline in their opportunities to be degenerate whores after graduation. They don't want careers or achievement. They want to leech off of some man and continue to ride as many dicks as possible. They won't admit it to themselves, but I imagine that this is the case.
>>
>>135779243
>loss of identity
That's not because of school, but because everything of actual value has been dismantled by the Jews.
>>
>>135779243
This is another woman thing isn't it? Any men with post graduate depression? Why the fuck should I validate these stupid emotions.
>>
>>135779243
Two reasons:

1) They've wasted money on something useless

2) They've just spent 3-5 years delaying their transition into the adult world. They didn't want to face the responsibility that life demands, and so decided to go to big boy school (modern university). Now they're adults but they aren't mature. They have responsibilities but they don't have any willpower. The armbands have come off, but they don't know how to swim.
>>
>>135779243
Because their reality doesn't match their expectations.
You get a degree so you expect to get a good job with good status and good pay.
You get none of the above.
It's confusing, disappointing and embarrassing.
>>
>>135792104
What is your major?
>>
>>135782688
lurk moar adi
>>
>>135789564
>>135787610
>>135790071
I'm an IT intern and I make roughly $20/hr. Most people in college just don't know how to job search.
>>
Every job market is extremely saturated if you ask anyone from that profession. I am going into Law (very saturated, but I have connections). I will save up the money I earn and then try to live off of financial investments.
>>
>>135792104
Is it graphical design?
Heard a lot about those guys complaining.

If you are embarassed to tell, then it sounds like a bullshit degree.

Just tell us
>>
>>135781794

Very few people actually work specifically in what they major in (even STEM--our head software engineer majored in chemical engineering at cornell). Thanks for proving how underage you are.

>>135781997
>>135782167
>>135785226
>>135786719

>all this butthurt

it's not that hard. getting a white collar job and simply showing up for work will put you ahead of 90% of the field, but then again failures like you are the reason it is so easy to get ahead via the bare minimum of responsibility. i feel bad for your parents, i really do.
>>
>>135780454

Most STEM people end up doing the work, while Liberal Art majors become executives and managers. STEM majors retard people social skills, while a good english major opens insights on the human psyche. Want a solid combo? Go for communications and a masters in business. Most people in high paying positions did something like this.
>>
>>135791091
>actual troops will just be sitting in south korea doing fuck all
I wouldn't want to be anywhere close to korea when best korea glasses half the peninsula with their 5000 fucking artillery
>>
>>135793675
Yup,I've got no real law connections and I'm struggling to find work after graduating. I'm really hoping things turn around soon. Glad to hear you've got something, though.
>>
>>135792104
>it's a good major, it was hard as shit and supposedly extremely in demand
I'm sorry to break it to you, but you got jewed into a bullshit degree.

>have done a song and dance for every HR, interviewer, and temp agency
Lol you dance and sing at interviews? Nigga what are you doing? You're not supposed to do that.
>>
>>135792104

People like you are either betas who throw in an application without actually selling yourself/interviewing aggressively enough, or you just live in a part of the country that doesn't have enough opportunity to go around. Jobs are plentiful, most millennials are just too fucking lazy to get one.
>>
>>135779243

Because LIFE ain't what they were told it was gonna be.
>>
>>135793380
I can't complain, I have a steady IT job since mid-uni, 8 years already. Been paid as senior dev for 5 years now.

I have *zero* debt, own my own apartment and car, all fully paid. Been to China, US and France. And I' am far from top tier IT pro in here.
>>
>>135794174
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's G.A.Y

*clap clap clap*
>>
>>135780815
The minority of successful writers studied journalism or their language in a university.
>>
File: 1490288038666.jpg (17KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490288038666.jpg
17KB, 500x400px
>>135793905
>worrying about shitty north artillery
>>
>>135793719
>graphical design
Better than humanities but still bullshit. It is a job that requires study and skills but can be done half assed by some moron that will charge peanuts.
>>
>>135794458
where do you live? After I graduate I want to work for a company that will at least let me travel (to LatAm), but I don't think Brazil needs Spanish speaking IT guys
>>
Suprise suprise.
The most important class in you college career was your internship.

Post grad depression, is just thike a grievence.
They lost their identities as students, and are now grappling with new identity formation.
The next step after student but begore master
And no masters degrees dont make you a master
They just make you more well read.
You still are having difficulty making your own decisions without some textbook or teacher to help you.
>>
File: seoul-02[1].jpg (462KB, 1000x568px) Image search: [Google]
seoul-02[1].jpg
462KB, 1000x568px
>>135794657
Pretty much the reason everyone pussyfoots around war with NK, they know that Seoul's gonna get fucking leveled before they can stop it and no one wants to take the blame for that one.
>>
>>135781009
What's your job? Do you have a bigger ambition you're trying to move towards?
>>
File: IMG_3073.jpg (121KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3073.jpg
121KB, 1024x682px
I am a Finance major entering my junior year. Thinking about minoring or possibly doubling with a philosophy degree. Is this a waste of time? I heard businesses are starting to get an interest in Phil majors (to think outside the box etc) and I think I would enjoy the classes.
>>
>>135793809
>Most people in high paying positions did something like this.
And so did the baristas at Starbucks. Dont do business ffs it is the biggest meme out there.
>>
File: 856518646513.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
856518646513.gif
1MB, 400x300px
>>135779243
>OH SHIT I CAN'T JUST GET DRUNK AND SUCK PEE PEES FOREVER
that's why
>>
File: 8d7.png (465KB, 680x762px) Image search: [Google]
8d7.png
465KB, 680x762px
>tfw mechanical engineering major
>tfw last 2 years of my life have been nothing but calculus and applied calculus
i used to have dreams where i'd go on adventures but i literally dream about solving integrals now and when i'm not dreaming about integrals i'm out like a light from exhaustion and don't remember my dreams
>>
>>135794803
>You still are having difficulty making your own decisions without some textbook or teacher to help you.
its not normies fault for having no idea how to function independently because the public school system is literally designed to grind out any independent thought from you

this wouldn't be such a problem if parents or role models would do kids a favor and instruct them how to get a successful career, but for some retarded reason adults only tell kids "follw ur dreams :^)"
>>
>>135793961
Give it time, and I think you will. Good luck out there.
>>
>>135779243
It's culture shock from entering the real world. They focused so much of their energy on turning their campuses into safe spaces they completely ignored the fact that the real world doesn't play ball with them and that the real world is not full of ultra progressive marxists and it's not going to put up with their shit, especially not when they're the ones who are desperate for a job.
>>
File: 1501544968311.png (299KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1501544968311.png
299KB, 1200x1000px
>>135786869
Let's assume for a second they're not lying (99.999% chance they are) and assess the premise. If they're starting at 120k a year, and not lying (so 00.001% chance) then they're undoubtedly living in an area like NYC or San Fransisco which is the only place these "starting wages" exist and where the cost of living is so high that 120k a year is pretty much poverty-tier. They don't have any more savings than you after taking care of their basic needs every month like shelter, food, and maybe some new underwear. It's all about perspective and logic.
>>
>>135795404
>t. brainlet
Calculus is easy stop crying
>>
>>135779243
Because college has turned into prolonged bullshit time where there are no consequences and you get to bower against your future self to live like Brooklyn yuppie for 4 years or more years.

Then you graduate and tha ttransition is tough

I get it when I was 23/24, adjusting to real life

However after that adjustment adult life is honestly 100x better than college garbage

27 now buying a house, enjoying my career, fucking slutty girls

It's like college but no homework and more cash
>>
government mandated eternal adolescence when?
>>
>>135779243
Fuck you, I have a chem e degree from a top 10 uni and I've been unemployed for the past 2 months.

Fuck H1B niggers stealing my jobs, fuck boomer faggots for not retiring and messing up the economy with their retarded decisions. Fuck women and blacks for affirmative action. fuck human resource niggers for wasting my time with retarded application processes. Fuck China. Fuck Germany. Fuck you you fucking gay ass earth for stealing my jobs. I fucking hate you.
>>
>>135781616
>modern graduates are emotionally subnormal losers with no concept of how the world works

This.

It used to be the case that graduates were just unfamiliar with how the workplace functions, and that it's not like Starfleet Academy.

Now, in addition to this, they are massive faggots with no sense of anything that doesn't revolve around their fucking phone. My company has literally sacked people who just would not stop fucking around on their phone. Morons.
>>
>>135793961
What state are you in btw?
>>
>>135796485
Maybe you're just a massive cunt?
>>
>>135789564
Security is the genuine new up and coming in the IT industry.

Network security, database security, systems security and everything in between security is a much needed and fast growing demand field. Given that we're rapidly approaching the age of IoT, competent security knowledge is needed more than over, red team and blue team alike.

Once you're specialized in an IT subfield, begin working towards a security position and you are essentially set.
>>
>>135779243
they suck and they realize that everybody knows that they suck. know your place.
>>
>>135794757
In a city 100km away from Sao Paulo. Lots of friends commute everyday to work near/in Sao Paulo, lots of IT jobs there, also has the better pay since cost of living and competition.
>>
>>135793809
>Liberal Arts become the executives
Only if they have parents who are executives/elite/Old Money that get them jobs through connections. The middle class lib who got a English degree is not going to get into a boardroom.
>>
>>135780454
>implying stem is not a meme
>>
>>135796595
Also Data Science.

Someone has to sort the big data Facebook, Amazon, Google, and your iRoomba collect.

>>135796649
very nice
>>
>>135796595
>IT is on the rise
>poos flood the market with cheap and shitty code
>Now we need security ITs to fix this mess

The jobs creates by itself!
>>
>>135792104
Go through a job recruiter. Skip the HR bullshit entirely. Or talk to manager directly, also skip the HR bullshit entirely.
>>
Adjusting to major changes can be difficult, like entering or leaving relationships, moving house, changing jobs. It doesn't really need a label like "post-graduate depression", it's just depression, or merely unhappiness now that your life is about to get very real, you can't get a job with your bullshit degree, you have huge debts, and your parents expect you to fend for yourself just like they had to.
>>
File: 1397536900110.jpg (54KB, 645x613px) Image search: [Google]
1397536900110.jpg
54KB, 645x613px
>>135779243

>the real world doesn't care about you

it's like they've finally grown up. perhaps we should congratulate them.
>>
>>135796139
>i said calculus is easy now everyone will know how smart and superior i am
>>
>>135781997
>I'm a chef at wendy's making 467k a year
You must only be working part time.
>>
I fucking hated college so goddamned much and I've actually started enjoying life a bit more since I graduated despite having to work some shitty jobs right out the gate.
>>
>>135794141
So should I start legit stalking HR people? If they want me to I'm down. It seems like they do with all this talk about networking.
>>
I have a feeling 95% of people in this thread either haven't graduated yet or work in blue collar or minimum wage bullshit.

There are even god damned engineers out of work. You have no fucking idea unless you're actively job searching right now.

>>135793719

>graphic design

I said a good major, you retard. Glorified photoshop is not a "good major".

>>135794095

>autism: the post

>>135794141

Neither. I live in a growing city supposedly in the top ten for hiring in my field. I tailor every cover letter, speak well, write well, and follow up with everything. No fucking dice.
>>
>>135797123
SKIP HR. Talk to managers and network through them
>>
>>135796886
Basically yes. But also because Security is a serious fucking high competency demand market. When literally millions to billions to even trillions of dollars are on the line, Security is not a thing to simply "outsource" or skimp out on, and major successful companies know this damn well.
>>
File: 1500927179902.jpg (90KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
1500927179902.jpg
90KB, 526x701px
>>135796791
Selling everything I own to pursue a Big Data graduation in Cuckland, erh I mean Canada.
Too bad I'am not a muslim leech with zero education and no cultural affinity whatsoever, otherwise the process to emigrate would be so much easier.
>>
>>135779243
the only depression i suffer from is not nuking africa depression.
>>
>>135780991
Joke's on them. I failed a bunch of my classes, never got a degree and ended up getting a job at the same university.
>>
>>135780454

You have to be GOOD at STEM though.
Shitty science majors are just as unemployable as any wishy washy queer studies major.

And lets face it, not everyone is cut out to do hard sciences well.
>>
>>135793809
>become executive and manager
I'd rather shoot myself desu. I can't imagine anything more soulless than a corporate/biz job. At least with STEM and especially non-computer related STEM you still have some contact with the real world instead of living in some fake business social hellscape.
>>
>>135796063
that is the best image ever
>>
>>135797554
Managing is not for everyone. Business is how you make real money though in our society
>>
>>135797554
Plus, you have to learn social skills and pick up some alpha tendencies to be successful in business.
>>
>>135797839
>some alpha tendencies
So, out of reach for most of /pol/
>>
>>135797701
well, starting a business on your own would be great. But I have no idea how anyone survives in business working for a major company. From what I've seen you literally have to kill your own sense of self to fit in. The people who gravitate to that are 99% vapid, unbearable cunts ime
>>
>>135797701
No business degrees will not make you money.

What will make you money is either your own company or do well in sales.
>>
>>135779243
>Is it because they realized they all picked shitty degrees and cant find jobs?
Yes.
>>
>>135794803
I got shit lucky after college and applied to a M.B.A. and C.F.A. programs and used my acceptance to get a job at BoA. It really depends on why you are doing it.
>>
>>135779243
Nah, millennials just don't want to grow up and face the real world.
>>
>>135798011
like I don't even consider people with business degrees to be people to be honest. They are like NPC's.
>>
>>135779243
Its partly the shitty job market upon exiting school, crushing debts, and being sperated from a conditioning program you have spent the past 20 years in with a group of people in your general age group.
>>
>>135797188

You say it's a good major but at the same time you aren't saying what it is. No one is going to believe you like this.

Is it chicken sexer? I hear those get a good salary.
>>
>>135798016
>t. Someone who knows nothing about business
An CPA will make 60k a year post graduation. Finance majors who get at least a 3.2 will not be far behind, if at all. An MBA from a noncompetitive school will pay 100k a year after graduation if you worked for 4 years before
>>135798007
Of course. You can't go out of your way to help your pretty colleague because she will walk all over you. Why do you think people here think STEM is the key to lamboland
>>135798011
It is just a job. Unless you have your own company, you work for someone else. I do not see how STEM is any different?
>>
graduated w/ criminology/psychology and can't find a job, of course. so i'm thinking of getting into a trade - the question is - which one?

i can't lift that much so that's a problem.
wish i could be brave enough to be a police officer or a firefighter but i'm not.
anyone have some good recommendation?
I'd like to learn to install some electronic equipment, is it possible without knowing anything and spending thousands on these training programs?
>>
>>135797554
>I can't imagine anything more soulless than a corporate/biz job
I told myself the same thing until i realized all my friends who didn't have corporate jobs were making peanuts and living in dilapidated apartments
>>
File: R. Lee Ermey.jpg (61KB, 325x302px) Image search: [Google]
R. Lee Ermey.jpg
61KB, 325x302px
>>135796485
>Fuck H1B niggers
Get your rant right - that would be H-1B pajeets.
>>
>>135779243
I did computer Science and still cant get a job.
>>
Because all these people have absolutely no purpose in life and they know it.
>>
>>135779243
if it wasn't for muslims and leftists I could enjoy my lift post graduation. gotta kill lots of them first
>>
>>135798661
Fugggg. Where do you live? I' am planning to find some IT job on the GTA. How hard is the market over there?
>>
>>135798315

Why the fuck do I have to? It's not a meme, it's not trash, it's "in demand", it's "valuable".

>no one is going to believe you

And posting what specific degree it is will make them?

Here's your fucking warning. As I said, most of you tardbaits either haven't graduated yet or aren't in a line of work requiring a degree. You're the ones shitposting about crap you don't know about, you justify yourselves to me.

Art majors, psych majors, english majors, other trash, sure they deserve unemployment.

The reality is that everyone is getting fucked. Finance/accounting, STEM, engineering, medicine, everyone is getting slaughtered. The jobs that do exist are part time, poverty wage, and/or contract work. There are exceedingly few actual full-time jobs for anyone, and those jobs are for beneficiaries of nepotism.
>>
>>135798452
>. Why do you think people here think STEM is the key to lamboland
You are aware that in many fortune 500 companies it's much easier to climb the totem pole with a relevant STEM degree, right? You start off as a fresh hire engineer and then you specialize in management.

Do you think these corporations have random "alphas" from nearby gyms leading teams of engineers on multi million dollar projects?
>>
File: 1498661245459.jpg (4MB, 2223x4606px) Image search: [Google]
1498661245459.jpg
4MB, 2223x4606px
>>135780815
Any successful writer will tell you, that 99% of writers don't just live off their sales or commissions from publishers.

>>135779243
I bet everyone mentioned in this article has a cunt. This is nothing more than the biological clock ticking. These women had no plans for a family or home and now they're realizing they didn't really have plans for a career either. They have nothing.
>>
>>135798936

If it was in demand and valuable you'd have a job. You're just deluding yourself.
>>
>>135798873
get a new plan
>>
File: hsdropout.png (13KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
hsdropout.png
13KB, 622x626px
>>135798936
>>
>>135785848
Become a plumber. You just higher a bunch of Mexicans to use your license.
>>
>>135780454
medicine and law both require masters or higher to make it anywhere good
>>
File: 1501614790523.jpg (47KB, 370x499px) Image search: [Google]
1501614790523.jpg
47KB, 370x499px
>>135783473
THIS X 1000!

I expected to have some fun in college (which I did) but I know people as old as 25 who still act like FUCKING children.

They party, do drugs, have ungodly amounts of sex and they can't hold a relationship together.

I'm truly scared that I now need to work with people like this for the rest of my career/life.

.......I can't wait for WW3
>>
>>135798452
>An CPA will make 60k a year post graduation. Finance majors who get at least a 3.2 will not be far behind, if at all. An MBA from a noncompetitive school will pay 100k a year after graduation if you worked for 4 years before
Bullshit. If any field is saturated it's the business field. Its basically the degree kids take thinking "DUDE MONEY LMAO" like you do. Everybody hates the management middle layer because they dont actually do anything except order around and arent competent at all.

>An MBA from a noncompetitive school will pay 100k a year after graduation
no

But by all means, do a MBA and just know that I want fries with that.
>>
>>135799101
Let me give you a redpill about the corporate world. It does not matter what your gpa is, or what school you went to, or what your major was. You will not reach the top of a corporation unless you have people in the boardroom vetting for you. Even if you went to Harvard, Penn, etc They only do this to people they know.

Yes, STEM transferring to business is very possible. Again, you need social skills and cannot be a pussy. However, to transfer, you need an MBA. Unless you want to work in tech, it really does not matter what you worked in before an MBA, as long as you excelled in it.
>>
I-I'm majoring in International Relations. Did I fuck up?
>>
>>135799599
>STEMlet
OSUs business school is ranked ~40. Only the top 15-20 is considered elite. Enjoy competing with Indians for your job.
https://fisher.osu.edu/careers-recruiting/salary-outcome-data
>>
>>135785848
i also entered college under similar circumstances and had trouble with basic algebra

but i studied pretty much every night for months and eventually i began to put things together and made good grades. i was fortunate enough to have an extremely patient and based professor though and without that professor i don't know that i would have made it as far as i have.
>>
>>135779243
Yes/thread
>>
>>135786535
TITS or GTFO you disease ridden cock carousel riding cheesy discharge cunt
>>
>>135800014
Lpbp
>>
>>135799606
wow what i redpill i've never heard that before

anyway i was responding to your condescending remark that was saying anyone who thinks stem is the stepping stone to owning a lambo is some delusional beta, when the management positions youre describing literally require a relevant stem degree. you don't get put in charge of teams of engineers unless you are/were an engineer too.
>>
>>135799750
My friend did this major here, only to find out that there must be a dozen jobs in the whole country for this specific grad.
He switched to procurement, got a job at a US company then got a transfer to the US, pretty neat.
>>
>>135799750
You better get some connections, considering your country is a paradise for bureaucracy and shit you could be fine
>>
>>135799917
You didnt refute anything I said, just linked some random chart?
>>
That feel when i was in Helmand province aged 19, fuck these niggers talking about post graduate depression.

Yall niggers spent three/four years wasting time and money partying getting some shit degree, could have been training to be literally fucking anything, plumber, network engineer, but nah mate you decided to study fine arts or some bullshit.
>>
>>135786195
that looks like a trigger/tripwire type thing for a homemade explosive?
>>
I majored in History and Political Science.

Unemployed three years and going strong.
>>
>>135800364
>That feel when i was in Helmand province aged 19,
Sounds pretty awesome actually. And you seemingly made it out alive. Did you remove any kebab?
>>
>>135799153
>>135799284

Accounting/finance, asshat.

And the poster who said 50k starting is wroooooooooooooong as hell. Starting jobs are paying 15-20 an hour, which works out to maybe 30-40k. A good portion of the jobs pay even less than 15/hour. You'd be better off as a burger flipper.
>>
>>135800278
>But by all means, do a MBA and just know that I want fries with that.
I just proved an MBA from a noncompetitive school will pay six figures if you are not retarded (which you are) and have a few years of work experience
>>
>>135779243
that shit only happens after going to gender studies
>>
>>135800414
at that point why not get a master's and just teach at a junior college?
>>
>>135781997
Post on /hm/ and link here
>>
>>135780600
If they couldn't figure that out within 6 months of taking classes then they are a lost cause
>>
>>135800446
A few, good times.
>>
File: fuckmylifeup.jpg (139KB, 970x594px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmylifeup.jpg
139KB, 970x594px
>>135793380
That's what I make doing password resets and general IT troubleshooting, no degree
>>
>>135800450

Holy shit you chose a field that's being heavily replaced by computers and you think it's a 'good' field.
>>
File: meme vet.jpg (231KB, 699x523px) Image search: [Google]
meme vet.jpg
231KB, 699x523px
>>135779243
>mfw my now ex gf moved back home and is depressed because there's no textiles jobs but I know it's because they're ripping us off in trade
>>
>>135798936
Then fucking move out of whatever city or town you're in.

There are jobs, you just haven't found them yet.
>>
>>135779243
Because most people should never have gone to college to begin with.
>>
>>135780815
Not everyone is a Stephen King or Ray Bradbury

Most writers out of college will just be proofreading/editting other people's work and get paid scraps
>>
>>135800450
Might as well be CIA agent for the time it took for you to say it. How I see you now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg0l8bn5UuM
>>
>>135800797
STFU flag LARPer
>>
>>135800456
Lets assume it does, 100k isnt a lot. It will not get you rich, especially not in places like Cali.

We were talking about getting rich which is either
>your own company
>sales
>hedge fund manager
>celebrity
etc

Notice how business administration (kek) is not in there.
>>
>>135800540
No money. Can't get anymore loans.

I'm also crippled or I would work in fast food or something, but I can't do those jobs from a wheelchair.
>>
>>135800450
Who told you that this was a good idea?
>>
File: BEND.jpg (810KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
BEND.jpg
810KB, 1600x1067px
>>135801013
>>
>>135801060
I can't argue with stupid people. 100k a year is 10% in the country. Obviously if a garbage man makes 100k a year in NYC, white collar management jobs pay more. Did your girlfriend get cucked by a businessman? It is not a unknown thing that business pays if you network.
>>
>>135795198
career related degrees first and now.
worthless bullshit whimsical fun hobby degrees are for when you have a job or retire.
>>
>>135801080
you can work as a professor as a cripple. are you sure there's not some scholarship or grant for disabled people trying to get a masters?
>>
The truth is that the economy never recovered in a sustainable way, we just entered another bubble. Tech will implode soon, how soon we don't know.

>housing prices are back up
>FANG stocks are up
>record stock market
>bitcoin wildly over valued

happening when?
>>
>>135779243
School is a literal waste of time.
But it's necessary for people to have a not shit job.
>>
File: laughingsluts.jpg (332KB, 1022x1433px) Image search: [Google]
laughingsluts.jpg
332KB, 1022x1433px
>>135801286
>he thinks 100k is much
mfw

I will now stop arguing with you as you are definitely <20yrs
>>
>>135800193
Yes, I was saying all the autists here are not going to get a lambo by being a engineer. Business is majority sales at a higher level. If you work at a tech company, you need to be able to explain the product. Same reason why patent lawyers get engineering degrees.
>>
>>135786904
Cry some more tranny
>>
>>135786869
average starting salary out of university if 50k
>>
>>135792104
Time to start your own company bud.
>>
File: house.jpg (125KB, 1358x508px) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
125KB, 1358x508px
>>135801447
>>
>>135801609
How is living in SF? You keep pushing the goalposts. That is the salary of a fresh grad. You also get around a 20k bonus. 150k a year will buy a big house in other places.
>>
>>135779243
>>>135780454
>Well if they are good writers they could write a book and if it's good it should sell and if it's really good maybe it gets turned into a movie
Nigga you crazy.
Nowadays you don't need to be good. You need to be a celebrity.
>>
>>135801907
>You keep pushing the goalposts.
You are, faggot. It was about getting rich, not earning 100k (lel)

100k is not rich ANYWHERE in the west. Holy shit kid please beat it you are embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>135798936
I wish I could get a part time job in my field. Typical code monkey fate is salaried with continuous unpaid overtime, best case on call. Can't even smoke weed after work.
>>
>>135802029
Then move out faggot. 150k a year will buy a 4,000 square foot house in the third largest city. You act like STEM is the only path to success.
>>
>>135779243
Student debt would be my guess.
>>
>>135796744
just if you are 2stoopid or autistic to put it in the real word, liberal arts are doomed by default
>>
File: 1401049206596.jpg (187KB, 1500x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1401049206596.jpg
187KB, 1500x1049px
>Not making a six-figure salary or hourly rate equivalent by the time you reach 30
>White American

What the fuck is wrong you, /pol/ ?
>>
>>135802238
*4th
>>
>>135802178
Sometimes like now I'm thinking of quitting and cocooning in my room for a few months. Or much less likely, going for an extended motorcycle camping trip.
>>
>>135801458
>something necessary for people to not have a shit job is a waste of time
>>
>>135796485
Hold on now. It's not all sunshines and rainbows for the H1-B guys.

Source - I was a potential H1-B recipient.

I decided at the end of the day just to go back to Europe. H1-Bs are the equivalent of slavery. A company can at any time terminate your employment and subsequently your visa. You would have to leave the weeks following.

That's why so many companies take Pajeets as H1-B visa holders because they can treat them like shit, make them work overtime with little to no compensation, basically break the law with them, because, let's face it - what are you going to do about it? Complain to HR?
>>
Hmmmmm
>>
In other words bitch from op is justified in her frustration, she has to either become a wage slave or lack any identity at all. Not a student anymore. That's her first wall. I know i don't really like her, but I can only wish her luck in getting over it. It's not the last wall.
>>
>>135786869
Invest that shit yo
>>
>>135802452
Yeah, you can be trained for said job in less time than it takes to get a college degree.
>>
File: 1402812828211.png (141KB, 992x1856px) Image search: [Google]
1402812828211.png
141KB, 992x1856px
>>135802238
>150k a year will buy a 4,000 square foot house in the third largest city
>moving the goalposts again
I never said it wouldnt buy you a big house dumbfuck.

> You act like STEM is the only path to success.
Notice how none of the pathways I listed included STEM. Are you low IQ?

The stuff that makes you rich is NOT taught in any school or university. Again, most notably,
>your own company
>sales

100k is not rich, neither is 150k, and the same goes for 200k etc. When you start earning a mil or two a year you can come back. Otherwise accept the fact that you are part of the proletariat like the rest of us.
>>
>>135802448
It's a shrinking market, with more SMBs doing more with Dynamics, Power BI, Sharepoint and other dotnet products, as well as Flow internally, while the number of pajeets flooding the market willing to work for dollars a day is only increasing.
>>
>>135781438
Dude, just get straight A's and say that you're bisexual. Bonus points if you're not white. Trust me, you almost won't have to pay shit if you fool them with minority lies.
>>
>>135802673
Rich is subjective. If you make more money than 90-99% of the country, you are not poor, or middle class. You are just arguing subjective opinions.
>>
>>135779243
>>135780454
It's not their degrees, you retards, it's because they made zero plans about what to do after they graduate, so when they graduate they have no idea what to do with their lives.
>>
>>135779243
What pussy faggotry is this? Post-graduate depression?

more like post-graduate GETTING DRUNK RIDING ON A WASHBOWL STRAPPED TO A CAR KISSING SOME RANDOM GIRL FROM DORMITORY FIGHTING WITH SECURITY IN A BAR WAVING PANTS IN THE MIDDLE OF FEDERAL HIGHWAY GIVING A BIRD A POLICEMAN HIDING IN A FOUNTAIN
>>
>>135802926
Not quite, even if you MAKE plans, that doesn't mean they are going to happen anon
>>
>>135802926
>he thinks he haves any control

HAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>135788225
> gonna try to get a job as a web developer
You idiot, this is a bubble. Find a job for your specialty.
>>
File: 1475240433585.jpg (154KB, 660x825px) Image search: [Google]
1475240433585.jpg
154KB, 660x825px
If you are applying to hundreds or thousands of jobs and not getting a single callback...
>Your resume sucks (wording, lack of keywords or tool expertise listed, too long or too short, not specified to the job you are applying for, etc.)

If you are getting a callback phone interview from a hiring manager/recruiter, but not getting asked to come in to the interview...
>Your interpersonal skills likely suck.

If you get called in for the actual in-person interview and not getting hired...
>Your body language, interview experience, or ability to ask/answer questions sucks

There is always a degree of luck of course, but in general, at every level of the hiring process for a white collar job - there are "right" and better things you could be doing, and "wrong" or shittier ways are probably are doing.

Hope this helps!...
>>
>>135802900
>Rich is subjective.
Hahahahahha, sure thing prole! Then shall we take the UN's definition of rich? Pro tip: it is over 30 million USD.

For real though, stop moving the goalposts, we were talking about the West.

Are you female btw? You seem incapable of arguing with logic.
>>
>>135802549
>H1-Bs are the equivalent of slavery
This this this this this.

That's why tech companies love H1B so much - they get to replace higher-paid Americans with foreigners who not only earn less but can't leave - fuck, who can't even complain.

It's slavery, and it's good to hear the slaves realize it too.
>>
>>135803251
>Are you a female?
I knew it. Anyway, if 30 million dollars makes you "rich," what does 29 million make you? Middle class?
>>
>>135779243
>no idenity
that's what happens when you're brianwashed into hating your own people. Most people have no idea what their own culture is.
>>
>>135803527
Upper middle
>>
>>135802978
You have to act on them too. With plans I mean choosing one or more possible career paths during your study and then choose courses and internships that will help you take up the path you want.
>>
>>135798661
maybe because you are not good enought or not have enough profile, find a internship IT related with a shitty salary in a big company and between a year you can have a job with a good salary in that company or in another company, for the employers is more important the experience than a degree
>>
>>135801907

That can't be real. Surely there's something wrong with the location or the house.

Cowboy ghosts maybe
>>
File: hundiek - Copy.jpg (199KB, 1989x759px) Image search: [Google]
hundiek - Copy.jpg
199KB, 1989x759px
I am 30 year old American manchild, is this enough for sexy lady and big home? Thanks you very muches.
>>
>>135803527
Upper Middle class? But yeah, 30m is retarded. Probably 2m is ok. I would define "rich" as someone with such high net worth that can live comfortably by solely the return of his investments.
>>
>>135803167
It's been over a year since I graduated, and every week what I learned in university is less and less relevant.
>>
>>135803773
It's Houston.
Houston has always been cheap. The only issue is that driving is hell and your next door neighbor maybe a renter.
>>
honestly dude I'm right there with you

I have a masters in med science (useless I know) and a bs in biology. Worked in ER for years. Didn't get into PA school. Loans were racking up, hopped on some shit sales job and here I am. I've applied to a ton of places and they're either all more shit sales jobs that they give to anyone with a pulse or it's lab work for 12 dollars an hour, and even then they want fucking certification. College is a fucking joke and I regret it everyday. I wish just one person would have told me that not going to college was okay, that starting a business or learning a trade was okay, but no.

I'm this close to just joining the military. I hate bullshit corporate culture and sales. It's meaningless. The highlight of my day is going home and lifting and then reading fashy literature.

The boomers did this. Pic fucking related.
>>
>>135803679
I did that. 2 years of internships, charity manager, volunteer, on-campus jobs

Almost a year out of graduation and I'm unemployed after a temp job ended.

The economy is just kind of shitty, and as always, it's who you know.
>>
>>135803598
lol. 29 million in a portfolio will net you around 1.5 million pre-tax. The definition of middle class is "The middle class is a class of people in the middle of a social hierarchy. In Weberian socio-economic terms, the middle class is the broad group of people in contemporary society who fall socio-economically between the working class and upper class."
>>135803812
This. I would say once you are netting a large amount (subjective, but lets just say more than 95% of the people in the area you live), you are "wealthy."
>>
File: 1386179661714.png (307KB, 968x634px) Image search: [Google]
1386179661714.png
307KB, 968x634px
>>135803935
forgot pic
>>
File: Blankfein laughing.jpg (36KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
Blankfein laughing.jpg
36KB, 620x465px
>>135803935
>I wish just one person would have told me that not going to college was okay, that starting a business or learning a trade was okay, but no.
But if someone had told you that then how would Wall St. enslave you?
>>
Because they didn't network.
You can be a fucking film major and still get a job in finance if you aren't a retard and network throughout college.
>>
> literally everybody and their dog goes to college nowadays
> oh my why can't i find a job
>>
>>135804167
Fuck off shill.

Blaming boomers is the latest tactic by (((them))) to place the blame on white people.
>>
>>135804307
This.
>>
>>135801901
holy fuck where is this?

same house would go for 80k in central florida.
>>
>>135804344
The thing about that...

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-so-many-millennials-dropping-out-college-jeff-selingo

66% of highschool grads DO start college

Less than 1/3 graduate

This is Millennial specific, but the trend is the same for all generations, only about 1/3 of the entire adult population has a Bachelor's degree or higher
>>
Not to go full /r9k/, but I think the majority of the people experiencing "post-graduation depression" are "Chads" and "Stacys" that were able to slack off or at least socialize constantly during their college experience.
They're so used to constantly experiencing new things that when they have to settle into a repetitive and monotonous job, they get depressed.
>>
>>135804568
Seattle.

Not even a good part of Seattle lol
>>
>>135804367
boomers were the perfect goyim, both the libs and cons got played. They should have been smarter.

You're probably a boomer.
>>
File: guile-face.jpg (5KB, 159x159px) Image search: [Google]
guile-face.jpg
5KB, 159x159px
>>135803935
"College" wasn't necessarily the problem. Going to college and paying $50,000 a year for a degree you could have gotten for 5 to $8,000 a year just to earn a lousy $30,000/yr was the dumb part.

I personally (and many others) did not go to college JUST to earn a lousy $30,000/yr...I didn't even go to college hoping to make $50,000/yr.

I set my goals for $100,000/yr by the time I turned 30 years old - as do many other successful people - and did the research on how I could accomplish that easily in a field of work I wouldn't hate or tire from.
>>
>>135804590
You just did go full /r9k/.
>>
>>135804588
Isnt 1/3 of the population with college degrees way more than what boomers had?
>>
>>135803773
Nah, housing is just cheaper outside of NY and West Coast. Look at housing in Atlanta suburbs as well.
>>
>>135804670
>You're probably a boomer.

You are definitely a (((shill))).
>>
>>135804790
It's marginally bigger, if not the same.

Interestingly, Millennials are less educated if your metric is Highschool, more boomers had HS degrees than Millennials do now
>>
File: 1500179448808.jpg (104KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
1500179448808.jpg
104KB, 500x629px
>>135779243
The same reason you're in a nightmare realm fueled entirely by memes. They are seeing the real world for the first time, yet have no pit of righteous anger to be filled by the degeneration of society. They are the lost. If they don't join the generation of revenge in a massive right wing backlash at (((education and employment))) the best thing they can do for society is to mcfucking kill themselves instead of staying slave soldiers of leftism.
>>
>>135804702
I think my parents just wanted me to have that "college experience" desu. I was a fucking kid by the time I went to college, I just wish that I would have sucked it up gone to CC for 2 years and then just finished up in a state school or something.

I'm 25 and make like maybe 35k, it sucks but I can pay my bills. i'm either gonna join the national guard and go back to nursing school or just hope I can land something in either environmental policy or health sciences that pays. PA school got too competitive because all the wouldbe medfags are realizing that being a generalist sucks and you can get the same pay for half the responsibility. They are now flooding the PA app school with stupid high GPA's so i'm shit out of luck.

I shouldn't have put all my eggs in one basket.

My parents didn't really know better
>>
>>135804588
> linkedin is blocked in your country
fuck me

Still, there is going to be a huge working class deficit and their salaries will go up, when shit like marketing or IT is overheating.

My friend from school went to techinical school after 9th grade and got welder specialty in 3 years. I went to college after 11th grade and spent 5 years on CS. His salary is higher than mine, and he has wife and a kid already, while I hopped off from my parents' wallet just 1.5 years ago.
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.