[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which pages should I read from the bible first? Which are

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: C6bsZ2.png (2MB, 1920x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C6bsZ2.png
2MB, 1920x1024px
Which pages should I read from the bible first?
Which are the most important?
>>
in the beginning...,can't miss it.
>>
>>135756200
I started to read the bible but I skipped to the end and it ruined it for me.
>>
>>135756396
I know the first part of the bible, question is
which passages are the most important
>>
File: 1362.gif (15KB, 300x100px)
1362.gif
15KB, 300x100px
>bump
>>
>>135756200
your best bet is to read it all and interpret for your self. Dont trust the churches
>>
>>135757266
>Dont trust the churches
Yea OT tho but, how can we be sure the bible text and its teachings were not corrupted over the course of history.
>>
>>135756659
I'd probably start with the gospels. If you want specifics, John 3:16 is considered the "mini gospel", also Philippians 4:13 is a good outlook on life, but other than that the sermon on the mount is very important too, that starts in Matthew 5.
>>
>>135758054
Thanks
>>
That's a great question! And it really depends on what kind of person you are.

So for example, if you are French existentialist fag smoking type of person you may want to start with "Book of Ecclesiastes" it's one of the most poetic parts of bible and it will set you on some basic ideas like meaningless of everything in this world(it's basically a lament written by a king who had everything and saw that everything is shit even wisdom).

New testament is mainly made from stuff you have already seen through pop culture movies and cetera. You can start from Corinthians since it's thought-provoking.

Generally, scroll through the Bible and try to find something that resonates with you, that's the best approach.
>>
>>135757763
that the earliest manuscripts of it are literally 1:1 translations
the bible is the most meticulously translated and preserved document on the bloody planet, next to Gilgamesh.
>>
>>135756200
Book of Judges 19:22-30

22 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, “Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him.”

23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, “No, my friends, don’t be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don’t do this outrageous thing. 24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But as for this man, don’t do such an outrageous thing.”

25 But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. 26 At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight.

27 When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. 28 He said to her, “Get up; let’s go.” But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

29 When he reached home, he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts and sent them into all the areas of Israel.
>>
>>135758320
>>135758544
Thanks both
>>
>>135756200
JESUS DIES!
hah! totally ruined it for you, also the Jews did it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.