[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leftist intimidation of students trying to establish free speech

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: MlkkWxdYoDUKgps-800x450-noPad.jpg (71KB, 679x382px) Image search: [Google]
MlkkWxdYoDUKgps-800x450-noPad.jpg
71KB, 679x382px
Last night, I was ambushed, encircled and threatened by fifteen people. I feared for my life.
I was set out to meet Mari Jang, president of the Students in Support for Free Speech (SSFS), last night to talk about the potential of opening such a club in Montreal. We had set up an event inviting interested others to take part in the event. My goal in forming this club was to create a space for dialectic to attempt to bridge the gap between people on the right and the left. With this in mind, it would be foolish not to assume that the group would mainly attract right-wing individuals in the beginning, but that didn’t bother me, insofar as I can debate them in a non-violent setting. Those who know me well know that I have no affinity for far-right leaning individuals.
As I arrived near the bar, approximately fifteen approached me, called me by name and proceeded to rip my bag from my hands and toss it to the side, an obvious act of intimidation to set the table. They then encircled me and demanded that I explain why there were transphobes, Islamophobes and fascists attending the event, to which I answered the truth: I didn’t go through the profiles of everyone attending the event as they had done, and was simply interested in talking about different contentious issues. They then ordered me to present my case, upon which many of them started filming. I specifically denounced the abhorrent reality-TV-politics of Donald Trump, asserted that I don’t believe that transsexuals are mentally ill (a popular belief on the right) and finally reaffirmed my commitment to not making an alt-right-circle-jerk of a free speech club. They then stopped filming me, sure that they were not going to get any dirt on me. They even handed me my bag back.

1/3
>>
They then told me that the event wasn’t going to go through and that they were going to bar my entry to the pub and do the same to all those who wished to take part in the event. I then replied that that’s alright, it was going to be the bar’s problem, and that I had wanted to leave. They told me: “You’re not going anywhere.” As of then, the circle around me tightened and I began to feel truly afraid. I looked behind me, turned around and a girl blocked my passage. The adrenaline kicked in, I pushed her aside and ran as fast as I could, aware that there was a police station 2 blocks away. I was chased by four people. Who knows what would have happened if I hadn’t had outran them.
What happened last night was the scariest thing I have ever experienced. I was ambushed, encircled and threatened by people who knew who I was by name, but had no idea what my views were. It didn’t matter; I was identified as the enemy and no matter what I said, I was to be subject to whatever nebulous fate my intimidators had in plan for me. From their dead stares and their gestures, violence seemed to be on the table. This is precisely why freedom of expression is important: to not have to resort to violence to settle our conflicts; the people could have shown up at the event and formed a powerful debate counterweight to the potentially right-leaning people at the event. It is no surprise to me that only those who are truly ideologically possessed resort to this type of individual menace. It will come as no surprise to me that their actions will be defended by many, as my victimization will be compared to the one faced by minorities on a systemic level. I am ready to debate that claim, but I hope that I won’t have to do so in a setting where my personal security is threatened.

2/3
>>
Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees freedom of expression, freedom of thought, freedom of belief, freedom of peaceful assembly, and freedom of association, all of which were violently trampled last night. It has become clear to me that the ground is not fertile for peaceful discussion here in Montréal, and this angers and saddens me to my fundamental core of being.

As a consequence of the threats faced last night, I will not pursue forming an SSFS chapter, but I will be reaching out, now more than ever, to people, mainly on the far-left end of the political spectrum to try to understand how such despicable behaviour can be justified. Just remember that all those who preach love, acceptance and concern for people who face unjust discrimination are ready to commit specifically targeted acts of violence against people they don’t know to achieve their goals.
>>
>>135650718
>>135650767
>>135650866
kill yourself for posting this on /pol/ and not reddit where it belongs
no one gives a fuck about your undergrad level drama bullshit, go get a barista job and shut the FUCK up.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.