[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Thanatos is the Greek word for death....The death drive controls

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

>Thanatos is the Greek word for death....The death drive controls aggression, risky behaviors, and death. You can say that our death instinct takes the 'born to die' approach, often making humans engage in activities that bring them closer to death. Examples are war and murder.
>Eros...is not exclusively the sex drive, but our life force, the will to live. It is the desire to create life, and favors productivity and construction.
Whether you subscribe to Freud or not I feel like a lot of /pol/acks have the Thanatos mindset. They want to let the world burn and go down with it. Why is this?
>>
You've got it backwards, friend. Liberals stand for poz and the breakdown and death of all institutions and tradition. Faggots don't breed. Conservatives stand for family and for life.
>>
>>135566804

>Why is this my opinion?
>>
File: Kamikaze_feels.png (84KB, 224x251px) Image search: [Google]
Kamikaze_feels.png
84KB, 224x251px
>>135566804
Well pretty much every fighter around the world says he's ready to give up his life for his goal
>>
>>135566804
Because mistress death has tasked us with killing half the universe. This is why we seek the infinity gems.
>>
>>135567031
I prefer production and creativity but didn't want to be called a faggot right away.
>>
>>135566804
Screw the Freudian bullshit. The mindset of risk-taking and doing life threatening stuff is part of a certain kind of evolutionary psychology that means we are high risk high reward people. Its valuable to have us in society because even if a few of us fuck up a couple of successes greatly benefit society.

That is at the risk of us destroying the society we live in if it doesnt allow us to act to our full ability. Its probably related to being an authoritarian personality and having dismissive personality in attachment theory
>>
>>135566804
Outright societal collapse is the best case scenario for most of us, regardless of our personal political preferences.

The one thing that typically unifies /pol/, is a complete loathing for the status quo. Minor political tweaks are possible (Trump Presidency, etc.); however, those minor tweaks simply aren't capable of fixing everything that's wrong with society.

Outright collapse brings down a stagnant and decaying world order, one that most on /pol/ don't care to opt into, or are actively turned off by. It allows for new and better modes of politics and social thought to come in, etc.

tl;dr:
>Societal collapse brings down a system we hate, and offers the promise of a better one.
>Making minor tweaks through active political participation isn't enough.
>>
>>135566804
Euthanasia is more humane.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.