[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Athe

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 37

File: IMG_1123.jpg (77KB, 1017x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1123.jpg
77KB, 1017x1024px
Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
http://www.pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
http://masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm
>>
What if I'm agnostic? Do I count as an atheist?
>>
>>135501255
Atheism is not a religion.
Sage goes in all fields.
>>
>>135501306

I don't know.
>>
>>135501255
Atheism isn't a religion just as not believing on flying cows is not a religion. The lack of a belief in a God does not being with it an entire cohesive ideology. Fuck off retard.
>>
>>135501255
>niggers and mudslimes breeding like flies
Amazing, this is a great thing.
>>
>>135501351

>Atheism isn't a religion

Bet you wouldn't go into atheist church and say that, it's all these fedoras have.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21319945

Also,

>Atheist church

Imagine the smell...
>>
>>135501422

See

>>135501475
>>
>>135501255
>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,
What are the numbers is absolute terms not relative populations?

Just because Muslims are exploding in population doesn't mean groups are shrinking.
>>
>>135501504
You're only further supporting my argument. Atheism doesn't bring with it a cohesive ideology like a religion does. So some retards started an atheist church to trigger religious people? Has nothing to do with me. I don't share any beliefs with them, except the lack of belief in a deity. A religion is cohesive and absolutely by definition. Even the many denominations of Christianity share the same basic thesis. Atheism has none of that, but I understand why you want to attach the accusation of religiosity to atheism.
>>
>>135501255

>Hey guys guess what
>smart people are a minority
>tons of new christian and muslim niggers breeding like fucking rabbits every day
>that must mean that atheism is wrong lol cuz there's so many niggers that believe in kike on a stick

Wow what an argument. You have convinced me to believe in sky dad.
>>
>>135501306
agnostic is ever more fucked
>Agnostic says there is no evidence for or against the existence of our Creator (big letters, yes)
means basically agnostics claim to have processed all existing data and knowledge to conclude so
>means: the agnostics believe to know it allready all…
>>
>>135501905
You can put it that way, but the way I see it, it merely means I don't know one way or another as of now.
>>
>>135501867
t i p p
>>
>>135501255
>Atheism is in decline worldwide
This is entirely due to the rise of Islam.
>>
>>135501785

>deity. A religion is cohesive and absolutely by definition. Even the many denominations of Christianity share the same basic thesis. Atheism has none of that, but I understand why you want to attach the accusation of religiosity to atheism.

All atheism stems from ignorance and worship of the self. It is a religion in and of itself, by virtue of the faggotry of its adherents.
>>
>>135502103
Well, at least you can just say "fedora" every time you lose an argument. Because basic skepticism is apparently "pretentious" according to retards that believe in jewish fairy tales.
>>
>>135501905
wrong
what agnostic really believe is
>I don't have any fucking clue what's going on, and if you were honest with yourself, you'd say the same
>>
>>135501905
I don't think that's quite right, mein kraut vruend.
Agnosticism is only the thought(belief) that the existence of gawd can not be proven or disproven. Even agnostics are theist or athiest in some way. You can't prove or disprove, but you still think god exists or does not exist. It's a stupid middle-ground for the spineless.
>>
File: PZHnZJt.jpg (31KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
PZHnZJt.jpg
31KB, 500x388px
>atheism
>religion

sage
>>
File: based peterson.jpg (80KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
based peterson.jpg
80KB, 1024x683px
>>135501255

Nice to see
>>
>>135501867

Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006. It's been kicked to the curb by everyone.

Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war.

Let me take you under 18s back to the year of 2006:
>atheism on the rise on the internet with their voices getting more heard everyday
>atheist leaders like Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens are respected voices in the community
>r/atheism is one of the top boards on bleddit
>corporate stores trying to push things like "Happy Holidays" and having "Holiday Trees"

Cut to today:
>Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens (may he RIP) viewed as complete psychos for their insane political/social views
>r/atheism moved to the basement of bleddit because it was embarrassing euphoric garbage
>things like "Reason Rally" draw less than a Hitler impersonator at a bar mitvah
>atheist communities tear themselves apart over things like elevator gate (giving rise to New Atheism, and Atheism+, which are less successful than just regular Atheism)
>constant rape and sexual assault allegations at atheist conventions (even atheist leaders like Lawrence Krauss are accused...by other atheist leaders)
>"Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees" are a distant memory
>liberal atheists in Britain crushed by Brexit

And quite frankly all this bad stuff wasn't even needed. All it would have took was one euphoric quote and a couple of fedora pictures. Christianity is still kicking 2000 years later, and atheism is at it knees because of a jpeg of a fat guy in a fedora. Sad
>>
>>135502204
t i p p p
>>
OP is a rasheed
>>
>>135502179
It's always funny reading statements like this from religious retards when they're always the one accusing atheists of being pretentious fedora tippers. Never any arguments or logic, just accusations and demonization of atheism because they know they can't actually argue in favor of religion.
>>
>>135501255
All this really says is that China is becoming more Christian. China is such a huge chunk of the population that if the Chinese begin doing anything en masse it will create a giant shift in world numbers. If China started converting to Zoroastrianism en masse the Zoroastrianism would become the world's fastest growing religion. If China was formerly mostly Christian when this happened, Christianity would become the world's fastest shrinking religion.
>>
File: kreuz-sonnenuntergang.jpg (21KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
kreuz-sonnenuntergang.jpg
21KB, 800x1067px
Christ coming soon
But first
>Europe downfall (4th Reich [4Heasd], the Leopard from Daniel)
>Establishment of NWO (either islamic or 4chanic) i.e. the dragon beast, i.e. turkish soldier amount in Nato = 2nd highest

... whateva, Christ coming soon!
>
>>
>>135502388
tippedy tipp
>>
>>135502388

>Muh proof

Ahh, the cry of the scared fedora. The problem with that (((argument))) is that no natural laws can explain the existence of anything. There is no cause for a beginning or the organization thereafter.

If there is a beginning there has to be a cause. We know there was a beginning. We also know that nothing creates nothing. So why is there anything at all?

Not only does the universe exist but it is finely tuned for our existence.

The multiverse and computer simulation theories exist to explain away this paradox. They are based on zero facts. There is no evidence that supports these theories.

Occam's razor would suggest it was created by intelligence that exists outside of time.
>>
>>135502278
>Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006. It's been kicked to the curb by everyone.

Oh my gawd, liek...religion is sooo hip and cool. Jamal and Saieed are totally like...in right now. They have sooo many babies and only liek stupid white western educated people question my special book teehee

Fucking idiot. Nobody cares what inconsequential opinions you have about atheism on a global scale. Having more people believe in religion does not make it more valid, it just means there's a lot of really stupid people that exist.
>>
Many of the Nazi leaders hated Cuckstianity. Hitler trashed Christianity in private calling it kike shit and was a deist, Goebbels left the church, Himmler was a pagan, Bormann was an atheist.
>>
>>135501255
Only because Islam is growing. It seems we have a common threat here christcucks.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (83KB, 684x856px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
83KB, 684x856px
>>135501255
hmmm let's see

implying causation from statistically insignificant correlations

yep, atheist r so smrt
>>
>>135502808

I think it's more an argument about the irrelevance of atheism than the validity of anything else

>No one cares

Fedoras do. They hate it. And that's hilarious.
>>
>>135502801

>Proof and evidence is stupid
>arguments are jewish trickery
>my own theories are correct because occam's razor dictates that whatever sounds simplest to me must be correct

I'm honestly slightly depressed over how stupid you are. There's nothing to even say. You are legitimately dumber than a nigger so I can't even reason with you.
>>
>>135502801
Occam's razor would suggest that an all-powerful designing creator is less simple than the world just naturally working as it does without this creator, and so the world just working is a better or more likely explanation. That's why Occam's razor is stupid, the simplest answer is not the best or most likely for virtue of it being the simplest, it is(simply) the simplest.
>>
>>135502888

Then explain:

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

"The völkisch-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will."

My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian, I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."

"We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity ... in fact our movement is Christian."

>inb4 4d chess

You're referring to the French translation of Table Talk, which was a proven forgery as the two anti-christian statements seen not found in the German original.

Once again, atheicucks show their ignorance.
>>
>>135502801
>muh kalam cosmoglogical argument and finely tuned universe argument

Been addressed and debunked many times
>>
>>135502388
>Never any arguments or logic
here's an argument for you:

physical constants exist. we can explain and predict many things, but we can not explain where the physical constants came from, how they were derived, or what purpose they served.

how were these physical constants selected?

i don't know, but i identify whatever force created them, as God.

what now, white boi?
>>
>>135503054

>Three lines of green text
>Two sentences
>One ad him

>No arguments.

Kek.

But if you want to discuss something consider this - one of the many amazing prophecies of Jesus Christ from the Old Testament is that of verse 1 from Psalm 22:

>"O God my God, look upon me: why hast thou forsaken me?"

Many people have said, "Jesus said God has forsaken him on the cross, how could he be the Messiah?"
Jesus was invoking Psalm 22 on the cross. The Psalm was wrote around 1,000 years before Christ was born.

This is significant because a few verses later in the same Psalm it says this:

>"They have pierced my hands and feet."

Some renderings have it;

>"they have torn holes in my hands and my feet"

Strange. It would appear that Jesus Christ invoked a Psalm wrote 1,000 years before He was born that seemed to tell of His very unique death, crucifixion; which did not even exist at the time Psalm 22 was wrote.

Psalm 22 goes on to say:

>"They parted my garments amongst them; and upon my vesture they cast lots."

This is another strange coincidence. It is known that the Roman soldiers gambled, or "cast lots" on Christ's garments as He was being crucified. If Christ was utterly out of His depths and defeated; why does this Psalm--that was invoked as He was in unimaginable pain--foretell of exact circumstances of the very death He was experiencing? Circumstances that no one could have known?

Not only this, Psalm 22 ends by foretelling the great rise of Christendom, which was achieved based on the very death that Christ Himself was experiencing, that the Psalm undeniably addresses:

>"All the ends of the earth shall remember, and shall be converted to the Lord: And all the kindreds of the Gentiles shall adore in his sight."

At the time of Christ, only one tribe was expecting a Messiah. This Psalm called forth by Christ on the cross predicts His death to an exactitude, and it just happens to predict the unprecedented worldwide conversion based on this death.
>>
File: 1495819380934.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495819380934.gif
899KB, 600x600px
>>135501255
>almost no atheists in Africa
>1.2 billion africans

I have no idea what's dragging that average IQ down.
>>
>>135502240
It's a perfectly logical middle ground. I don't have any evidence of the existence of a deity, let alone a specific one, and I don't want to act on faith alone, but at the same time, I don't want to say that it's impossible for some sort of higher power to exist. There's so much humanity has yet to learn.
>>
>>135503129
>While a small number of writers accept these publicly stated views as genuine expressions of his spirituality,[12]the vast majority believe that Hitler was skeptical of religion generally, but recognized that he could only be elected and preserve his political power if he feigned a commitment to and belief in Christianity, which the overwhelming majority of Germans believed in.[13]Hitler himself stated that his reluctance to make public attacks on the Church was a pragmatic political move.[14]Goebbels wrote in April 1941 that though Hitler was "a fierce opponent" of the Vatican and Christianity, "he forbids me to leave the church. For tactical reasons."[15]

>According to theGoebbels Diaries, Hitler hated Christianity. In an 8 April 1941 entry, Goebbels wrote "He hates Christianity, because it has crippled all that is noble in humanity."[62]

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

Hitler wasn't a Christian, dumb fuck. Why do you think Positive Christianity was a thing? He sought to eliminate all Jewish traces of Christianity and engage in revisionism that Jesus was an Aryan and not Jewish in origin. He shittalked Christianity is his private writing constantly. He might have been a Christian during early Nazi years, but all his colleagues and people that worked with him when he became the Fuhrer say he was hostile to it. He was a Deist.
>>
>>135501255

being religious is like being the ultimate cuck

do what your sky daddy says and be a good boy or your sky daddy will get mad
>>
>>135501255
>pewforum.org
http://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/04/24/camerons-christian-country-what-the-numbers-say-about-religion-in-the-united-kingdom/
You are welcome to say that because of China's massive population changing to Christian that this influences the world totals. However, in the western world, religion is on the downward trend.
This is by the same website where you got the source that you yourself are using, now.

Again, if you think critically all the OP says is that China is becoming more Christian, and China has a lot of people.
>>
>>135501867
You realize you still lose then right? They outbreed you and will continue the future of humanity while you fade away and fade into total non existence.
>>
>>135503513

>Wikipedia as a source
>Post war (((investigation))) as a source

I bet you believe the Holocaust too, huh cuck.

In the Secret Conversations with Hitler, two recently discovered confidential interviews were given by Richard Breiting in 1941. Breiting was a member of the German People's Party. In these conversations, (which were actually more private than the Table-Talk), Hitler reveals his aims and plans. Like the Table-Talk, the notes were taken in short-hand. Unlike the Table-Talk, which Hitler knew would later be revealed, Hitler was assured that his statements would be kept secret. Moreover, the Secret Conversations were authenticated as written solely by Breiting (unlike the editing by Bormann). Yet nowhere in these conversations does Hitler denounce religion. On the contrary, Hitler mentions a conciliation with Roman and German Catholicism where

>"people like von Papen and many others are establishing good relations with the Vatican."

In Hitler-- Memoirs of a Confidant, Hitler reveals himself through conversation to colleagues from a conference on economic policy. In it Hitler is reported to have spoken, glowingly, about raising the

>"treasures of the living Christ,"

> "The persecution of the true Christians and sanctimonious churches that have placed themselves between God and man and to turn away from the anti-Christian , smug individualism of the past,"

and

>"to educate the youth in particular in the spirit of those of Christ's words that we must interpret anew: love one another; be considerate of your fellow man; remember that each of you is not alone a creature of God, but that you are all brothers!" [Turner, Ch. 23]

Nowhere in the Memoirs do we find a Bormann-like anti-Christian statements as found in the Table-Talk.
>>
>>135503177
If you use the fact that you do not know as evidence for the claim of God being the source, that's just circular reasoning.

>I don't know why X
>I think Y is the reason
>Y is the reason because I don't know why X
Logic is not your strong suit, my friend.

In your post, you either have no proof for your claim, or you are using circular reasoning.
>>
>>135502388
wtf? hello stupid, it seems you made an investment in stupid stock with this post. the post you are replying to used an argument, a pretty logical one at that, yet you dismiss it as everything but. did you even read it? i suppose not, you were too busy browsing your stupid stock portfolio. you are wealthy with stupid. congratulations stupid
>>
>>135503722
prove that you exist without using circular reasoning.

this is the thing with you fucking atheists, you have an autistic hatred of faith. so what if i'm using circular reasoning?
>>
>>135501255
Atheism per se is fine, but this cancer fedora atheism 'im better than thou' was specially designed to undermine Christianity and make people not take it seriously.

You all are seeing the results of it in Europe.
>>
>>135503257
>no arguments
m8 you tried to use Occam's razor of all things to support your claim, I don't think you're in much of a position to parse out what makes a good argument lmao

Also funny how you respond to him with a giant post because he insulted you, but didn't bother to respond to my post just under it here >>135503098 that actually rebutted your use of Occam's razor, when I bothered to explain why it's stupid. Keep cherry-picking.
>>
>>135502156
This
>>
File: CxsrWEv (1).png (29KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
CxsrWEv (1).png
29KB, 600x500px
>>135501255

>Atheism is in decline worldwide

because white people are in decline
>>
>>135503813
By the best measurement of our empirical data, it is very likely that I exist. You can say "well "how do u know that ur eyes can see or that the paper is even real lol" but at that point you can't argue about anything yourself because nothing you say can truly be verifiable by your own metric.

Circular reasoning is dumb by the logical proof I just provided you. It can be used to "prove" anything without evidence, that is why it is dumb.

>I don't know why there are physical restraints
>I claim it's because something not measurable about Christians due to their population is why
>Christians existing is why we have physical restraints because I don't know why
Great argument to kill Christians so we can ascend to God-hood, because circular reasoning is retarded. My evidence as to why Christians keep us addled with physical constraints is that I don't know why we have physical restraints. If that is an acceptable level of logic for you then we can start rounding you all up because that level of discourse can be used by uncharitable individuals if it is accepted as public discourse.
>>
>>135503722

His reasoning is sound. Physical creation from nothing is impossible, this stems from the fundamental axiom 'energy can neither be created or destroyed'. At the same time we know that the amount of entropy in a closed system will always increase until it reaches an equilibrium thanks to the second law of thermodynamics, another fundamental.

Now, seeing as the physical universe exists, and we know that a physical system cannot be it's own cause, all that's left to say is that the cause must have been metaphysical. Meta, being Greek for beyond.

This doesn't point to evidence for Christ being God, that's a whole other ball park involving moral law, prophecies, etc, but it does point to the existence of a 'prime mover'. That's what he's saying is God.

Sorry you're such a brainlet, atheicuck.
>>
>>135501905
You're wrong Hans. Agnostic is the position that there's been no demonstrated evidence for God and in fact so far all provided definitions are actually unfalsifiable.
>>
>>135502278
This copypasta is so 2015
>>
>>135503722
why would it matter if someone is wrong or right in an argument against an atheists?
they will never approach moral arguments because the atheist cant build any, and those are the only times being right and wrong, matter
prove me wrong
>>
>>135502801
>Occam's razor would suggest it was created by intelligence that exists outside of time.

Hahahahhahahabababah
>>
>>135503948

Sorry, I didn't respond to you post as I was replying to someone else and got side tracked.

Anyway, your argument is flawed because it looks only at the physical. Only atheists think in terms of science vs religion. Think of it this way, science is the measure and study of the physical using observation and experimentation. By it's very nature it cannot presume to offer any substantial view on the metaphysical. You cannot materially quantify the immaterial. It's like looking through a microscope and trying to find an atom of justice or a molecule of mercy.

I hope you see why you're being fallacious.
>>
>>135501255
Jew here, I converted when I was 15. Realized what a fucking fedorafag I was, did some reading, and became a Jew.

>inb4 muh nazi

It's fine guys. I'm actually a National Socialist myself.
>>
>>135504381

That's a mighty fine argument atheicuck.

It's well accepted by modern Christians that God caused the Big Bang. It was first devised by Catholic Priest and Physcist George's Lemitre you understand.

Fedoras of the day hated the idea, because it points to the idea of a creator. All the cool atheists back then thought the universe was eternal. They had maths 'proving' it and everything. But then they realised LeMotre was right, and have spent the last 50 years trying to show how a Big Bang can happen without a creator. They gave up in the end as said 'well it's impossible to know how it happened, but we know what happened 0.0000002 seconds AFTER, so obviously it doesn't matter how it happened'

Can you see the irony?
>>
>>135503946
>per se
>but this cancer fedora atheism 'im better than thou' was specially designed to undermine Christianity and make people not take it seriously.
fedora atheism and atheism are the same thing stupid
>>
>>135504258
>physical creation is impossible
>a being that is a God can manifest physical creation
>a being that is a God is impossible
Understood.
>the physical universe exists
The funny thing is you say his reasoning is sound and he just argued that you can't prove something actually exists, but we'll forget about that idiot. I at least will agree that the physical universe exists
>we know that a physical system cannot be its own cause
This is based on the assumption that something that exists must be created. Please prove this. Don't bother responding to the rest of this post, that is wasted text. Your entire argument hinges on this and I doubt you can prove it.

>>135504392
>your argument is flaws because it requires proof
No, your argument is flawed because it does not.
>>
>>135501905

Agnostic isnt it's own religious view.

You can be an agnostic muslim or a gnostic atheist.

Agnostic just means you aren't an ignorant douche.

Agnostic = I THINK my religious views are right but there is no proof and it is just an opinion.

Gnostic = I KNOW my religious views are right and that they are a factual part of reality.
>>
>>135501255
I still dont get how you dont realise this is due to the disproportionate rise of the africans and arabs that is causing this
>>
>>135503712
>You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrongreligion. Why didn't we have the religion of theJapanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? TheMohammedan religiontoo would have been more compatible to us thanChristianity. Why did it have to beChristianitywith its meekness and flabbiness?

You're looking at quotes by Hitler during early years. This is a problem.
>>
>>135504328
>opinions that aren't arguments
>atheists are wrong because they can't be right
>prove me wrong
Do you agree that circular reasoning is retarded? That was my claim there.
>>
>>135504469
>i dont believe in god.

>MUH SPAGUETO MONSTER IN THE SKY UNICORNS AND INVISIBLE MAN BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DINOSAURS? OMG OMG RELIGIOUS ARE SO STUPID CHECK OUT MY KATANA
>>
>>135504469
It's the difference between a held belief and a political position. Not every Christian is a Christian apologist, not every atheist feels the need to tell his family at Thanksgiving dinner that God isn't real so he won't be praying today.
>>
>>135504475

So, you're denying that causality exists?

Christ atheicuck, you're grasping at straws here.
>>
>>135504573

You're sourcing quotes from (((private post war sources))) that contradict everything he ever said or did.
>>
>>135502801

Occams razor would assume the universe always existed and to not think too hard about it.
>>
>>135504970
These quotes come from his close colleagues you idiot. When you have multiple quotes that he said to different people shitalking Christianity, then the guy probably wasn't a Christian in any meaningful sense.
>>
>>135504913
I'm asking you to prove that physical matter needed to be created, when you yourself said here >>135504258 that
>Physical creation from nothing is impossible
Please try to reconcile your two beliefs. You say that Physical creation is impossible, but also necessary.
Now try to do that without saying
>God did it I don't gotta prove shit
or
>it's just the immaterial that you can't measure you need faith(read:God did it I don't gotta prove shit)
>>
>>135504913
>things need a CAUSE

No they don't. Quantum Mechanics proves this wrong as some of its effects that are observed were completely random with no cause.

Even if you accept it, this means that God must have a cause too. Otherwise you'd be engaging in special pleading. If god requires no cause then I can also claim the big bang doesn't either.
>>
>>135501351
>>135501422
Atheists worship the state. Atheists are overwhelmingly Leftist. Repent.
>>
>>135504464
It wasn't an argument, I was laughing at you because you don't know what occams razor means and your arguments are nothing but irrelevant points or logical fallacies. If you're serious about s debate let me know a more appropriate platform. 4chan is dire for debate.

If you don't then I'll leave you with my position so you don't have to make up things you think I believe.

Atheism, defined as not accepting the claim a God exists because there's been no convincing evidence presented, if any evidence at all, is the most logical position to take because of you believe one claim that's presented in an unfalsifiable manner then there's no reason to not believe anything else that's unfalsifiable. You can use all the derogatory names for atheists all you want but one day you'll hopefully realise we're as varied as any other loose category of people. I'm not part of any movement and I'm not leftist. I understand that a lot of vocal atheists seem to be massive factors but they're a loud minority imo.

Again if you want a proper conversation let me know where, I always enjoy testing my logic.
>>
>>135505255

>Quantum Mechanics proves that every piece of matter and energy could spontaneously inhabit a single point of space and time and then rapidly expand to the point of forming the fundamental forces responsible for our universe to function, including the quantum mechanical ones.

That's a mighty fine opinion Reddit, shame it's demonstrably wrong if you spend more than ten seconds thinking about it.
>>
>>135505310
>many atheists worship the state
>so as a category I say they all do
I'll be the first to agree that many atheists worship the state, but that is not what makes someone an atheist. Many Christians are bad at logic, but I won't pretend that they all are. I will call out the ones who are when I see it and reserve judgment otherwise.
>>
>>135502223
Which is why agnostics fail. Like atheists, they're trying to quantify the metaphysical and can't. That's what the whole foundation of faith is based on. At the end of the day, an agnostic is just as spiritually dead as an atheist, he just wants to hedge his bets.
>>
>>135505317

I'd love one.

Do you believe Morality (capital M) exists, and if so what is the moral arbiter all men judge themselves by?
>>
>>135505634
Are you going to reconcile how by your own admission it's both impossible to physically create matter but still necessary to do so without falling back to "God did it I don't have to prove shit?" Just say "no" if you aren't going to.
>>
I said it before and will say it again the millenials and gen z will soon to be the most religious generation.
I already know a few people that been le edgy know it all atheists that became Mormon and are going to church every Sunday lol
>>
>>135505818

Physical creation from nothing cannot happen in a physical system, the cause must be metaphysical.

That statement implies a metaphysical cause to the universe. Nothing more.

There are several reasons I believe in the Christian God, and most of them are moral arguments, but my point that a physical system can't have a physical cause is just common sense.

Try to keep up brainlet
>>
>>135505929
>the cause must be metaphysical
See now I asked you to reconcile those without "God exists I don't gotta prove shit." And you still fall back on unprovable metaphysical nonsense. I also said if you weren't going to do so, just tell me. I thought I was being reasonable. Was I not being reasonable?
>>
>>135506094
>demands physical proof of the metaphysical
>gets pissy when given it
I'd say you were being unreasonable. Unless you had some method of matter springing into existence from nothing that DOESN'T rely on the metaphysical.
>>
>>135505782
Fantastic let's go. Can we create a reddot page or something? Believe it or not I've never used it.

So I believe morality exists? Interesting question. You'd have to define it for me first. I believe there is such a thing as agreed ideas of what's virtuous amongst people within culture. If you mean some form of objective moral laws then no I dont think they exist. Lots of people claim that they do and they know what they are but to me morality only makes sense given a particular context where there's an outcome to fulfil. I'd expand but I'm on my phone that's killing me with predicated text.
>>
>>135505310

>Implying the biggest statist faggots aren't hard-core flag-waving Christians.

I'm atheist. Im a classical libertarian.
You can't deny the overlap between statism and Christianity in the United States. Fuck off before you give your pre-written "Republicans are about states rights/small government" answer.
No they ain't.
>>
Hourly reminder that papism is worse than atheism.
>>
>>135506094

Meta, being Greek for beyond.

If the cause wasn't physical it must have been beyond physical.

Once again, I'm not saying it was God in that statement. This 'beyond' might have been another system with a different causality, or the result of something completely unimaginable.

When you see the word metaphysical, and instantly think 'sky daddy's or whatever it is you fedoras do, you only belay your own ignorance. As in, you literally don't know what words mean.

You fucking brainlet.
>>
>>135501255
>(((atheists))) destroy religion in white countries, destroying morals, marriage, and the family unit
>muslims and other invaders that they let in are super religious and take over
>athiest dont breed so (((atheism))) dies out
>>
>>135506263
Well it's not really proof unless you can prove both
AND
>Physical creation from nothing is necessary
The second one he has still yet to prove, unfortunately. That just seems to be tacked on to his belief system.

>>135506407
As I said before(and earlier)
You need to prove both of those claims, that both
AND
>Physical creation from nothing is necessary
We can both agree on the first one, we agreed with the first one from the start and your repeated explanations of the first in substitute for your explanations for the second are a bit disingenuous if it's purposeful.
Yeah things exist, why did they need to be created?

And yes "metaphysical" logically ends in sky daddy, because if you accept one piece of non-provable nonsense, it makes way for the rest.
>>
File: russia_rivers_of_blood4.jpg (166KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
russia_rivers_of_blood4.jpg
166KB, 640x640px
Everyone who isn't institutionalized in church is effectively atheist for all practical purposes.
>>
>>135506353
In every research poll, Pew or otherwise, atheists are overwhelmingly liberal and espouse strong Social Justice views. It never ceases to amaze how many conservative/libertarian /pol/ atheists pretend like they're not glaring exceptions.
>>
File: 1500729265960.jpg (36KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500729265960.jpg
36KB, 600x480px
>>135506617
>prove a negative
>>
>>135506716
That's what I'm saying, because he is the one who is making that claim. Thank you for agreeing with me.
>>
>>135505634
>says everything needs a cause to exist
>cite a phenomena that has random events with no cause
>"r-reddit fuhdora"
>>
>>135506309

>Atheist unironically shilling for Reddit

I have no reaction image for this.

>Lots of people claim that they do and they know what they are but to me morality only makes sense given a particular context where there's an outcome to fulfil.

Exactly my point. The problem with this is the assertion that it is possible to determine what is right and what is wrong without God. It implies a fundamental inability to concede that to be effectively absolute a moral code needs to be beyond human power to alter.

On this misunderstanding is a supposed conundrum about whether there is any good deed that could be done only by a religious person, and not done by a Godless one. Like all such questions, this contains another question: what is good, and who is to decide what is good?

Left to himself, Man can in a matter of minutes justify the incineration of populated cities; the deportation, slaughter, disease and starvation of inconvenient people and the mass murder of the unborn.

I have heard people who believe themselves to be good, defend all these things, and convince themselves as well as others. Quite often the same people will condemn similar actions by different countries, often with great vigour.

For a moral code to be effective, it must be attributed to, and vested in, a non-human source. It must be beyond the power of humanity to change it to suit itself.

Its most powerful expression is summed up in the words 'Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends'.

The huge differences which can be observed between Christian societies and all others, even in the twilit afterglow of Christianity, originate in this specific injunction.
>>
>>135506983

Ok, let's start from the start.

Do things exist?
>>
>>135507036
>left to himself man can justify terrible things
You say that but you thought there was nothing wrong with the circular reasoning of the other Christian here >>135503177 that I showed can be used to justify mass genocide. Apparently having God doesn't make you any better at reasoning, just more dogmatic.
>>
>>135506617

>You need to prove both those claims

Why? I've given logical axioms, they cannot be proven or disproven to either of our benefit. That's not the reason I believe in the Christian God, that's more moral arguments like >>135503257

I think you're confusing cause for effect, which is a very common problem for atheists.
>>
>>135507268

>Can be used to justify mass genocide

Another favourite argument of the irreligious is that conflicts fought in the name of religion are necessarily conflicts about religion. By saying this they hope to establish that religion is of itself a cause of conflict.

This is a crude factual misunderstanding. The only general lesson that can be drawn is that Man is inclined to make war on Man when he thinks it will gain him power, wealth or land.
>>
>>135507397
You have said that the combination of the impossibility to create physical matter combined with the requirement to create physical matter means a metaphysical cause is implied.

You still(still) have yet to prove the claim that everything physical must have been created. Please do so.
>>
>>135507480
That was just a dig at your shitty logic, I wasn't really making an argument. I still find it funny that you found that guy's reasoning fine.
>>
>>135507036
>>Atheist unironically shilling for Reddit

Yeah that is funny but I'm serious. Send me a temporary email address then I honestly would like to find a better platform. This thread will be pruned soon.

Your answer opens with a premise I don't agree with. You say I made an assertion well you did too. You just asserted you need God to know what's right and wrong. Why is this a fact?

Is your evidence for this honestly that people are ducked up? Of course people can justify horror but what does that have to do with God existing? This is all straying from our original point.

Besides when did Christianity stop people justifying horrible things? You're shitting on moral relativism as though religious people haven't done the same bad things.

People are just shit given the right circumstances and situation. Religion has little do with it. This is why I think in real life the arbiter of moral judgement is the self, always has and always be. The fact that religious people disagree on so many things suggests there's no one set of objective morality. At the end of the day each individual makes their own morals even if they belong to a strict ideology. People within the same ideology don't even agree on everything in the exact same way.
>>
>>135507589
>prove that effects were created by causes and don't naturally occur!
How many things in the physical world have you or anyone you've known witnessed springing into existence of its own accord?
>>
>>135507397
You don't have to prove axioms but you do need to provide convincing reasoning behind them. Axioms and presuppositions aren't get out of jail free card
>>
The true religion is gnostic. I can tell you why I know this if you are interested, it is not one know by gnostic mythos though.
>>
>>135507817
>things don't just spring into existence man!
Again thank you for agreeing with me for the second time while thinking you are insulting me. The anon I am arguing with has said that every physical piece of matter that exists must have been created(while simultaneously saying that that is impossible), I am asking him to prove why that is true.
>>
>>135507817
You're missing the point buddy the kalam Cosmo argument doesn't mention God at all. Has no one else here watched atheist experience? Someone rings in every week to make these shitty arguments and their logical flaws are broken down and explained to death.

1. Things exist
2. Things that exist had a beginning
3. Therefore everything has a beginning

Beginning =/= God. This would be a fallacious conclusion and would be circular. You cannot use assertions as explanations that have themselves have not been shown to be true.
>>
>>135501255
>relative numbers
>imply absolute numbers

you don't know shit, do you, OP?
>>
File: 1500894098054.jpg (336KB, 1024x835px) Image search: [Google]
1500894098054.jpg
336KB, 1024x835px
>grow up christian initially
>life is hell and everyone hates me
>abandon christianity
>life improves
>follow my inner compass instead of silly religions but don't believe in god, simply doing what I believe is actually right
>still be somewhat degenerate
>whore witch comes to me in 2008
>tells me to meditate
>do it and see a woman surrounded by wolves in night scene in a forest, the wolves were friendly
>she says se shaw angry wolves
>starts talking about satan
>puts demon inside me
>says that I must had followed the bible
>that very night I have an experience with God and he gifts me heaven, it's some kind of gnosis where I feel divinity flowing from within and outside too
>a few days pass
>she wouldn't leave me alone and use witchcraft against me
>dream that the girl of the wolves is raped and feel like shit the moment I wake up, really fucked up
>do a strange ritual by instinct
>instantly fall asleep
>dream that I fuck her while touching white buttons in her abdomen
>literally the whole world goes to shit and she is pissed as hell
>investigate religions
>try hinduism
>shit goes horrible for me, hundreds of inivisible hands fondle me when I go up the stairs of my home
>lots of demonic shit happening
>abandon it, I am at peace
>try christianity
>stricken by illness and poverty
>abandon it, family recovers monetarily

So, I've come to the conclussion that it is some form of gnostic religion but I am at a loss here.
>>
>>135508209
Sounds like you have mental problems mate hope you get better seriously
>>
>>135507644

>I have no argument

Well, thanks for wasting my time
>>
>>135508299
Actually what I have is witnesses of the shit that has happened to me, doctors wanted me medicated but my family has seen some of this shit and has decided against.
>>
>>135508376
The feeling's mutual, with you claiming that anything that exists must have been created while saying that it's impossible and deflecting at every opportunity. At least I was honest enough to say it was a shitpost, unlike you this entire thread.
>>
>>135508401
Mass hysteria happens all the time. How many people have seen ayys
>>
>>135501306

How many times does this have to be explained?

Does god exist? Has three possible answers. Yes, no, and I don't know. If you answer "I don't know" you are agnostic.

BUT!!!

The question: do you BELIEVE in God? you CANNOT answer "I don't know" you must answer yes or no. You either do, or do not believe.

So you might be agnostic, but you still don't believe, so you are an atheist.

They answer separate questions.

Ps. Agnostics will burn just as hard as atheists buddy. Pull it head out of your ass and get your life together.
>>
>>135508525
No, mass hysteria has never been observed, merely theorized. Also mass hysterics have different hallucinations, they don't hallucinate the same thing, also mass hysteria never has multiploid hallucinations that you can hear and see, it would be either sound or sight.
>>
>>135508549
That's a good definition. You're right at the day everyone acts as though God does or doesn't exist.

Hope you're trolling when you talk about burning considering the countless versions of hell and the religions without hell
>>
>>135503130
Actually it's much simpler than that. The universe can not exist without a creator, because according to the laws of thermo dynamics, nothing can't create something, and nothing can exist forever or exist outside of space and time except God. Looking forward to your dumb meme response.
>>
>>135508614
Where are you getting this from? I've literally read about cases of mass hysteria. Do you believe in ayys?
>>
>>135508667
>t. Engineering student trolling between lectures
>>
>>135508667
>nothing can exist forever
proofs? I'm talking about matter here, not orderly systems
>>
So you guys have honest faith? Or are you basically LARPing as religious because you don't want to associate yourselves with all the bad aspects of being irreligious?
>>
>>135508773
Dont take the b8 m8 this is a subtle one.
No sane person would use thermodynamics as evidence of a god
>>
>>135502156
>>135504141
this /thread
>>
File: 1472783349023.png (45KB, 289x180px) Image search: [Google]
1472783349023.png
45KB, 289x180px
>Oh no, people are believing in different religions more and more everyday, straying from atheism!
>Wait a second, I still don't believe in any god or afterlife, do those people's belief's effect mine? Nope.

You could be the only person alive that is atheist, and still be okay with it, non belief doesn't need to be in company.
>>
>>135508836
What's the b8 if it's not thermodynamics, thought that's where this guy was going
>>
>>135503504
But you don't believe, so you're an atheist. You're just willing to change your belief in the face of evidence since you're not as retarded as most atheists. Are you agnostic about whether or not a cup of coffee is going to be good, because you haven't drank from it yet? No, you hold a belief about how it will taste based on past experiences, even if it might end up tasting the opposite because of factors you aren't aware of.
>>
>>135506655
Pretty much everyone on /pol/ is an exception. Conservative atheists and Israel-hating christians.
>>
>>135506263
>metaphysical.
c'mon man...really?
>>
>>135508773
If it exists forever, it is transcending time, which there is no evidence that matter can do. Also, no one can explain the Big Bang or how all matter came from it, especially considering how only 2 or 3 materials came from the big bang, not enough to fuse the rest of the materials in the universe.
>>
>>135501362
underrated

>>135501351
Atheism is a religion. See South Parks prophecy ''Go God Go''
>>
>>135501255
And muslims are rising.
Your point?

Also, since when do people here type like Tumblrinas and unironically type shit like
>Hmmm
>>
>>135501255
>the amount of retards is growing everyday
Have fun worshiping stories written by sandniggers a thousand years ago.
>>
>>135508549
Most atheist are agnostic atheists. They shit like: 'Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.' But if they were to see proof, they'd change their mind.
>>
>>135508707
Mental illness is not a trump card you can pick whenever it suits you, it has to have well grounded in things that actually do happen, you're so deluded that you actually do believe people have mass hallucinations instead of seeing something, you need more pills than anyone in a psych ward so you come back to reality, you know, the reality that we haven't explored to go discarding what exists and what doesn't?
>>
>>135509129
Who the fuck said anything lasts forever? The definition of the straw man fallacy is making up shut, saying your opponent believes it and the proceeding to refute your own argument.

You're embarrassing yourself by using thermodynamics for the existence of a God. Just stop.
>>
>>135505132
>according to "close colleagues".
Fake news conviniently spread once he was no longer around to defend himself to make him look more evil.
>>
>>135508485

Impossibile according the the laws of physics, if you have a problem with that take it up with Gottfried Leibniz.

The only explanation is the metaphysical.
>>
>>135508549
How do you make yourself sure about God? My brain isn't that easily controlled, there's always doubt, usually a lot
>>
>>135501255
>haha secularized whites are being outbred
>checkmate atheists
>>
>>135508549
On a side note, believing in God implies that you are certain of his existence. This whole 'agnostic but theist' meme is as bullshit as the sex / gender separation. You cannot be agnostic if you are a believer, by definition of faith you know some things to be true.

>B-BUT I believe murder is wrong but I don't know if it is wrong!
No. If you don't stand by the things you believe in, you fall for anything. Stop being faggots.
>>
>>135509241
You're getting all flustered and defensive calm down friend. It's not using a card when someone actually is mentally ill and that's exactly what you seem to be. Do you honestly expect people to take seriously the shut you wrote? You visited a with doctor? You had paranormal hands fondling you? C'mon son this isn't/ x/
>>
>>135509274

Energy cannot be created or destroyed is the first law of thermodynamics. It's high school physics, the conservation of energy.

And yet matter does exist, as does energy. Since that can't physically be caused, it's cause must be metaphysical. It's not hard to understand you absolute brainlet.
>>
>>135501255
ATHEISM = HATE AGAINST MUSLIMS

STOP ATHEISM
>>
>>135505733
There's know bet-hedging because agnostics know afterlifes, if that exist, only await the followers of whatever religion got it right.

It's more like intellectual honesty in people with no spiritual convictions
>>
>>135508549
>The question: do you BELIEVE in God? you CANNOT answer "I don't know" you must answer yes or no. You either do, or do not believe.

Or you can be agnostic and say
>what a stupid question I'm not going to waste my time thinking about it.
>>
>>135501255
that means nothing
each soul must decide for itself:
do you choose this world, or do you reject this world

I seek to reject this world with every breath I may ever take, to turn away from it and its master the dragon
>>
>>135501255
this is a red pill that isn't talked about often. Atheism is literally dying off, and shrinking every year outside of the degenerate pockets of Western Civilization, and even then being consumed by Islam.
>>
>>135509785

>what a stupid question I'm not going to waste my time thinking about it.

equals: "no"
>>
>>135509636
>impossible according to the laws of physics
which laws, and what is impossible? You're being vague here.

>>135509744
>brainlet
>must be metaphysical
Are you OP going by a different IP because you're somewhere else?
>>
>>135509744
You absolute mong what does that have to do with God? That law of thermodynamics is about a cause. You're adding on bullshit you idiot
>>
>>135501255
>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world
What? Atheism isn't a religion! Atheism is where you don't believe in anything!
>>
File: islam 13958.jpg (104KB, 735x550px) Image search: [Google]
islam 13958.jpg
104KB, 735x550px
>>135509175
>Your point?
Since when do people here type like kikebook faggots with shit like 'your point?' Oh I know, since summer that everyone suddenly is an oldfag.

His point is that atheism is dying because it's a failed concept whereas Islam may very well take over because it's obviously a viable concept. Feel threatened yet? You should be.
>>
>>135509726
>You're getting all flustered
Actually I'm pretty calm and chill, stop playing the mental illness card like an autist because your insistence makes you more of a probable subject of mental limitations.

>hurrr what you said isn't real

How so?

>I haven't seen it

Ah, so the huge unexplored universe is something to forget, let's focus on what a hillbilly has seen.
>>
>>135509744
So you think it's impossible that humanity's understanding of the universe is flawed or at the very least incomplete?
>>
>>135509929
Yeah ok mate just hope you get better soon
>>
>>135502315
You're a faggot
>>
>>135509636
>Impossibile according the the laws of physics,

not quite
its beyond that
it cant be proven true NOR false
it is thus non-falsifiable

>metaphysical.

likewise, non-falsifiable
>>
We need to stop atheism. A lot of them are race realists and anti-christian/islam. this is unacceptable. For one, we are all human beings deep down and Jesus died for all of our sins. Secondly, our based Jewish and Muslim brothers are unfairly demonized by atheists. This has got to stop.

STOP
BEING
ATHEISTS
>>
>>135509785
>Refusing to answer a question means you're agnostic
Ok so agnostic equals pretentious and stupid faggot. Got it.

>There are no stupid questions
>>
>>135509848

The first and second laws of thermodynamics.

>Energy cannot be created or destroyed

>Entropy will always increase in a closed system

Energy exists, so something had to cause it, and entropy is increasing from a single state of lower entropy in the last, since entropy can never increase something must have created the closed system.

Do you believe these laws of physics to be accurate?
>>
>>135509744

>Since that can't physically be caused,

NF

> it's cause must be metaphysical.

NF
>>
>>135509848

>Going by a different IP

Sorry, got home. Using WiFi now.
>>
>>135501255
This is because once there were the Commies' societies with compulsory Atheism for everyone.
And now it's shrinking because of the many Muslims and Africans breeding
>>
>>135501255
>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world.
look how they recoil etc
>>
>actual christcucks dont realize the majority of their cult don't actually believe the shit they are taught, but put up with it because they will be ostracized if they dont pretend to

There are a lot more atheists than you think. They simply don't talk about it, or can't be arsed to put up with the trouble it would cause if they declared it.

Your mythology is plainly stupid and childish, but the community structure that a church can sustain is valuable. That is why it persists.
>>
>>135510035

>Energy exists,

>so something had to cause it,

non-falsifiable

>since entropy can never increase something must have created the closed system.

>something must have created the closed system.

non-falsifiable

even though i am on your side regarding the Almighty, these are the facts of our reality
>>
>>135503784
Wow religion posts really brings the retards out of the woodworks
>>
>>135509967
Hell is forever.
>>
>>135501351
yes it is
sorry dude but atheists make up the definition by what they do, not what they say
>>
>>135501422
that's what atheists say, not what they do
>>
>>135502179

>All atheism stems from ignorance and worship of the self. It is a religion in and of itself, by virtue of the faggotry of its adherents.

sophistry
though i am on your side
>>
>>135510035
>energy exist, so something had to cause it
>energy cannot be created or destroyed
So you just replaced "physical matter" with "energy" when I bugged you enough about proving the other point. You're not fooling anyone, and you never proved the previous argument regarding physical matter.
>>
>>135501785
>Atheism doesn't bring with it a cohesive ideology like a religion does.
but it does
1/ belief in the inexistence of god
2/ scientism
>>
>>135509848
>which laws, and what is impossible? You're being vague here.
Perhaps you should seize trying to argue in /pol/ if you don't even understand what he means when mentioning Leibniz.

>>135509949
So do YOU think it's impossible that humanity's understanding of the universe is flawed or at the very least incomplete? This question is better applied to atheists since they are the ones who think they ''know it all'' because MUH SCIENCE as if the rest of us don't work it.
Note that many revered scientists were religious.
>inb4 you're being vague
>>
File: beckett.jpg (14KB, 236x318px) Image search: [Google]
beckett.jpg
14KB, 236x318px
>>135501255
A lack of faith in something that literally does not exist makes me stupid? lol
>>
>>135510000
>We need to stop atheism
No need. Atheists stop themselves. Read OP's comment. Anti-natalist atheist retards amount to nothing in evolutionary terms. The religious (read: redpilled) will inherit the earth.
>>
>>135501351

Yep

>>135501255

That's because of Islam and Negros
>>
>>135510112
nope
transient
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annihilationism

The punishMENT is everlasting, the punishING is not

see where it is spoken of in the Bible regarding Sodom's "eternal" fire
>>
>>135510364
I'm asking him to be specific because he's been vague the entire thread. Perhaps you should not enter long reply chains without knowing the context of the arguments.
>>
>>135510035
You're still not getting anywhere.

Cause =/= God. You're adding unfalsifiable shut to physical laws, stop the bad logic, please. Do you honestly think your malformed arguments are new?
>>
>>135510373
>A lack of faith in something that literally does not exist

>does not exist

non-falsifiable
>>
>>135501255
Most atheists that I've met are the type of people that put up a Christmas tree and don't have a problem getting their kids baptized and christened, but if you ask them, they don't actually believe in God.
>>
>>135510105
>Energy can exist without anything causing it
Is this what you're saying?
>>
>>135510415
Hell is forever, christianity isn't truth.
>>
File: agnostic atheist 1392460457354.jpg (109KB, 625x966px) Image search: [Google]
agnostic atheist 1392460457354.jpg
109KB, 625x966px
>>135501905
>>135502082
>>135505733
>>135502240
>>135504261
there's two agnosticism positions
the "i know we dont know" one and the "i just dont fucking know" one

i dont have a pic for agnosticism but this one is relevant to atheists
because agnostic atheists are hard to find, at least in the segment of the atheists population that is outspoken
>>
>>135502156
>>135504053
>>135508912
nice belief you got there, atheists
no need to prove anything
>>
>>135510501

what i said is exactly what i said

anything beyond our space-time/matter/energy or causality itself for that matter, is indeed non-falsifiable

>>135510522
Christ is THE way THE Truth and THE life
"gehenna" doesnt exist yet
>>
>>135510364
>This question is better applied to atheists since they are the ones who think they ''know it all'' because MUH SCIENCE as if the rest of us don't work it.
Most atheists have no problem saying we don't know everything about the universe. We however do believe science can and will eventually answer all our questions. The thing about science is that it is always evolving and with change when old ideas are proven wrong unlike religion.
>>
>>135501255
>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion
>religion

stopped reading
>>
File: 1470612965623.png (565KB, 675x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470612965623.png
565KB, 675x720px
165IQ catholic here. Worth: 1.24milliardeCHF 2nd wealthiest poster on pol behind a (((friend of mine))). Atheism is a meme
>>
>>135510528
Well I'd say I meet that definition of agnostic atheist. Any honest atheist would imo. Can't say I've heard anyone say that it's a fact there is no God. The definition of God makes it unfalsifiable. You can't give an answer to something unfalsifiable
>>
>>135502179
yes it's a set of metaphysical beliefs
of course some atheists merely lack belief, but they're not the ones you argue about on the interbutts
those you argue about are quick to bring up their cover definition they themselves dont fuit in one bit, like >>135501422
i bet anon has a lot of beliefs about the existence of god and the prevalence of science as a method to produce knowledge (which it isnt).
>>
>>135510667
>Most atheists have no problem saying we don't know everything about the universe. We however do believe science can and will eventually answer all our questions.

>eventually answer all our questions.

not quite
see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del%27s_incompleteness_theorems
>>
>>135510528
what if none of those words fit what i am?
>>
File: hackfleisch.jpg (42KB, 512x312px) Image search: [Google]
hackfleisch.jpg
42KB, 512x312px
>>135510705
Of course you are.
>>
Why do Christians love shitskins outbreeding whites so much?
>>
>>135510528
>hans here
maybe the second type can be modified or we have a possible third one (I believe is more accurate)
"I just dont fucking know but I don't wanna be associated with atheism because they don't believe in anything or believe in something that they made up so it makes sense to them" ... or so
>>
agnostics don't exist in the atheist/believer discussion, it's a false premise and here is why

>belief in a claim is binary, there is no alternate state

even if you 'aren't sure' or 'don't know', you have still made up your mind about it in that moment, and operate under your current assumption

at night on train tracks somebody might be 'agnostic about trains running at this hour', but they are still going to stay off the tracks, unless they are belligerent or stupid

this is because they consider the possibility so likely or unlikely that they act a certain way, thus...they believe, or dont

if there is one thing I could agree with christcucks about, its that anybody who claims to be agnostic should have the shit beat out of them for trying to be a special snowflake retard, so we can get back to arguing with each other in good faith, instead of dealing with these dumb faggots
>>
>>135510746
Better so day it's the best method of seeking answers to falsifiable hypotheses. Not answer everything ofc
>>
>>135502278
>Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006.
actually it's 1970s
it peaked back then
>atheism is at it knees because of a jpeg of a fat guy in a fedora. Sad
the left cant meme
>>
Whats this meme about atheists being left? Most atheists I know are right.
>>
>>135510425
>Implying
The context of the arguments was there for anyone to read, which I did. Your definition of him being vague simply shows you're ignorant (and I hate this overused word) about the things he writes. Perhaps you should not argue in /pol/ without knowing the basics.
>>
>>135510457

The bible, for example, is full of things you can disprove, which are used for evidence of god.

Without evidence, you can't prove that something exists.
>>
>>135510251

Matter is just static energy Anon, this is high school physics.
>>
File: 1440742798925.jpg (14KB, 220x280px) Image search: [Google]
1440742798925.jpg
14KB, 220x280px
>>135510667
Except when things that are proven wrong are politically incompatible with society. Then science simply manipulated data to fit the theory. You're a fool to think otherwise. I know this too well because I fund several think tanks dedicated to manipulating statistics -- these data end up being "peer reviewed", accepted as scientifically correct, and published in hufpo and other liberal rags. God bless.
>>135510791
The only thing of value ever produced by germany was envy
>>
>>135502808
>if i lie long enough like a lefty cunt i will believe myself
sad state of atheism
you havent provided evidence that the fall of atheism is due to the rise of islam and nothing else
>>
>>135510794

Christcucks are the original virtue signalers.

They started it in the first place by trying to convert niggers to prove they were the best christians, then they continued it with missionary work to help niggers breed even more fake-christian nigger babies.

They think they get good boy points at the pearly gates for helping create hundreds of thousands of animal blacks who wear crosses while they cannibalize albinos.
>>
>>135510667
>Most atheists have no problem saying we don't know everything about the universe.
I feel like calling you a liar on this one.

>We however do believe science can and will eventually answer all our questions.
Yet you are somehow perfectly certain the answer to the 'God' question is already a no and/or that when it is answered it will be a no.
Very hypocritical, innit?

>The thing about science is that it is always evolving and with change when old ideas are proven wrong unlike religion.
Maybe science is just jealous that certain things are known to religious people for a long time, without smugness and peer-reviewed lab tests? Looks like it is a competitive religion after all.
>>
>>135510925

Lol. The Old Testament is full of prophecies proving Jesus was divine; fitting the prophecy exactly.

The fact that you don't think "they pierced my hands and feet" in the midst of describing a slow death and then that the soldiers gambled on His clothes isn't directly narrating the events on the cross is astounding.

Go and read all of psalm 22. The Old Testament also predicts Jesus would be betrayed, silent before his accusers, a sacrifice for the son of mankind, born of a virgin, born in Bethlehem, would ride into Jerusalem on an ass, would be called a Nazarene, would pray for His murderers, would be forced to drink vinegar etc... We know the dates of these texts. And we know the historical accuracy of Jesus' life and death. Jesus was the Son of God, and these verses alone prove the bible is divine.

It seems people just don't want to believe the truth.
>>
>>135502388
yes we argue very well in favor of religion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywTljZW87dI
>>
>>135510978
Christians didn't convert niggers to prove they were good christians you mindless twat.
>>
>>135502626
>All this really says is that China is becoming more Christian.
(other anons)
>it's all because of islam
prove it, shittheists
>>
It's also not a religion you nigger
>>
>>135510835
I believe the fact of that theorem is that particular fact of reality, aside from force used(Michael), that made it impossible for the dragon's dream to be realized

>>135510925
>The bible, for example, is full of things you can disprove,

ok

>which are used for evidence of god.

by some

>Without evidence, you can't prove that something exists.

exactly
thats non-falsifiability

>>135510938
grossly inaccurate but unfortunately seemingly sufficient for most with not must more than triple digit IQs
>>
File: IMG_0919.png (427KB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0919.png
427KB, 2208x1242px
>>135510863

They're virtually Jews.
>>
>>135510863
>Countering a meme with a worse meme
Shamefur dispray.
>>
File: scientism bufiqm.png (7KB, 507x141px) Image search: [Google]
scientism bufiqm.png
7KB, 507x141px
>>135502801
also the very method they favor (the sci method) cannot and isnt designed to produce any knowledge to start with.
poor poor sad atheists
>>
>>135511170
>when you pretend to dislike jews while worshipping and/or LARPing as one
>>
>>135511131

Sorry brainlet

www.universetoday.com/116615/how-are-energy-and-matter-the-same

Like I said, high school physics. Christ is King.
>>
>>135510864
He says "laws of physics check this dude" right after he says physical creation of matter is simultaneously impossible and required. And now he is substituting that argument for energy after he decides he can't prove that.

>>135510938
And yet you were specific about physical matter for a rather long time. Call it what you want, it doesn't make your argument any better because you are using a more popular terrible argument by theists. It just makes it that much more laughable to read.

And still(still) you cannot prove that matter or energy must be created. I'm done at this point, I've asked you for proof for your claims that you have not provided for long enough.
>>
>>135511230
>also the very method they favor (the sci method) cannot and isnt designed to produce any knowledge to start with.

though i am on your side, that is fantastical META-misconception of the scientific method
>>
>>135502921
nice evidence, cucktheist
>>
>>135511259

>(Revelation 2:9) ‘I know your tribulation and poverty—but you are rich—and the blasphemy by those who say they themselves are Jews, and yet they are not but are a synagogue of Satan.

>(Revelation 3:9) Look! I will give those from the synagogue of Satan who say they are Jews, and yet they are not but are lying—look! I will make them come and do obeisance before your feet and make them know I have loved you.

Any so-called Jew that refuses to acknowledge Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah is Satanic and anti-Christ. By God's point of view, the Jew is a chosen one of God that acknowledges his arrangements.

The ancient Jews were not (((Jews))). They were Israelites. What made Israelites unique was their genealogy. They could trace their lineages back to Abraham, Isaac and Israel. After the Seige of Jerusalem in 70 AD all geneaological records were destroyed and all Israelites disbanded. The (((Jews))) of our time are imposters who claim a link to the original Israelites but have none because they cannot trace their lineage back to them at all.
>>
>>135510962
>Except when things that are proven wrong are politically incompatible with society. Then science simply manipulated data to fit the theory. You're a fool to think otherwise. I know this too well because I fund several think tanks dedicated to manipulating statistics -- these data end up being "peer reviewed", accepted as scientifically correct, and published in hufpo and other liberal rags.
Only possible when the science has yet to be settled. If something is objectively and provable wrong it will never stand no matter how hard people try to push it.

>>135511061
>>Yet you are somehow perfectly certain the answer to the 'God' question is already a no and/or that when it is answered it will be a no.
>Very hypocritical, innit?
No. I do not concern myself with a god that may more may not exist and am thus an atheist. You mistake a lack of belief for active disbelief.
>>
File: images(17).jpg (2KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
images(17).jpg
2KB, 160x90px
>>135502808
Just go back to plebbit
>>
>>135511090

That is exactly why they did it, christcuck shill.

Read a fucking history book, and no, your stupid bible is not a history book.
>>
>>135511340

>And still(still) you cannot prove that matter or energy must be created.

So you can disprove the first law of thermodynamics, can you Mr Fedora?

Go on.
>>
>>135511350

sci method:
observations (of phenomenae i.e. appearances)
+ reasonings based on axioms (i.e. assumptions)
= predictive models

zero knowledge guaranteed
>>
>>135511318

>www.universetoday.com/116615/how-are-energy-and-matter-the-same

im well aware of the 101

>it can be changed into energy
>therefore it is just energy in disguise

no more useful nor valid than "energy is just angry matter"
please try to read all of my posts

>Like I said, high school physics.

the fundaments are a bit beyond that

>Christ is King.

yes? and?
>>
>>135511362

Wow the christcucks waited almost 100 posts before spewing scripture in a thread complaining about atheists.

Well lets have some more, go on then. Every atheist here totally respects your holy book of fables and parables. So lets have some more scripture to convince us that we are wrong.
>>
>>135502249
the core of communism is atheism
>>
>>135511362
you havent even gotten your foot in the door and youre hitting them with doctoral-level course work
>>
File: 1484097160346.jpg (29KB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
1484097160346.jpg
29KB, 320x283px
>>135502278

>tfw liberal athiest who voted Brexit
>>
>>135511068
>Lol. The Old Testament is full of prophecies proving Jesus was divine; fitting the prophecy exactly.

Using prophecies in a fast and loose way there mate. Which prophecies came true? And are verified outside the bible, you know, so your claim isn't circular
>>
>>135511579

>athiest

fucked that up
>>
>>135511517

The only thing atheism is, is the lack of belief in mythology. That alone cannot be the core of any complex ideology, much less communism.

Say another stupid catch phrase though, go on, I know you want to.
>>
>>135511517
The core of communism is the Christian falsehood of human equality. Communism is the logical conclusion of Christian teachings - Spengler called it the grandmother of Bolshewism for a reason, and he was right.
>>
File: 1498496045146.png (196KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
1498496045146.png
196KB, 400x389px
>>135501255
Atheism is not a religion. It is a lack of theism. Why is this a hard concept for you retards to grasp?
>>
>>135511432

>So you can disprove the first law of thermodynamics,

no, it is falsifiable

>>135511450
if that were it, then possibly
but no
you skipped many steps, namely
*refine theories
and most egregiously:
*perform & refine expirements

WP article is more than enough of a spring board to wrap your mind around it
>>
>>135511068

>WOWWW guys look our HOLY BOOK is proven true by OUR HOLY BOOK!! Amazing its an actual miracle!! It totally happened !!!:O

This is how fucking dumb christcucks are. This is all it takes to impress them.
>>
>>135511678
Atheism is a destructive proselite seeking fundamentalist cult.
>>
>>135511678
its members sure act like a religious group
>>
>>135511667

and yet every Com. attempt has totally excluded Christ.

their trappings had a few vagaries in illusory relation to Christianity but that was it
>>
File: reece.jpg (27KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
reece.jpg
27KB, 504x415px
apatheism > agnosticism > atheism
>>
>people still believing the bedtime stories their parents told them
>santa is real because I was told so

Do you see how dumb you sound?
>>
>>135501255

>Atheism is on the decline

No coincidence that white people and western civilization are too.

This era belongs to Superstitious Niggers and Muslims, White Bois.
>>
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/atheism

>NOUN
>Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
Disbelief is included. Atheists playing with semantics, how quaint.
>>
>>135501255 Atheism is not a religion, and I don't care if Atheism isn't growing or "winning", I don't want to turn people into Atheists like religious people do
>>
>>135511650
>>135511667
the core of communism is atheism and that is undeniable
>>
>>135511678

See

>>135501475
>>
>>135511678
because they need their tu quoque and poisoning the well and false equivalence fallacies, or at least they think they do
>>
>>135511705
what part of
*refine theories
and
*perform & refine expirements
doesnt fit in my description of the sci method and how
>>
>>135511835

>God isn't real
>The atheism fairy magically exploded nothing into everything , for no reason, and had it form sentient life.
>>
>>135511068
>We know the dates of these texts

bullshit, just pure absolute resolute bullshit.

something like a god may exist, but he is not publishing books.
>>
>>135511498
Jeremiah 2:27: They say to wood, 'You are my father,' and to stone, 'You gave me birth.' They have turned their backs to me and not their faces; yet when they are in trouble, they say, 'Come and save us!'

>Atheists believe in the explosion of a universe cracker that was lit by nobody
>After the cracker exploded shitchaos started to form gas to basically form stone to basically form live... out of stone

thank me later fag
>>
>>135511887
and?
im on the opposite side but:
absence-of-theism = a religion itself
is very heavily fallacious
>>
>>135511846

Nice flag.

Here's Hitler stating that Atheism is just a Jewish plot and only leads to SoCal degeneracy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz42hBg4jys

Remove your flag and then remove yourself to Reddit.
>>
>>135510243
>though i am on your side
>>135511350
>though i am on your side
>>135511464
>yes? and?
Such a Bipolar anon.
>>
>>135511970

But his holy spirit is guiding man, as is his plan, brainlet.
>>
>>135501255
If you read into psychology and have a good idea of how science work then you can only understand that Atheism comes from a derregulated idea of god and what it means.

Einstein didn't beleive in a personal god. But believed that the way the universe is established becomes god. I've become pantheist due to how my mind portrays the universe. Depending on your fundamental upringing this idea has different thresholds.

Which is why knowledge is seen as bad to most. Because the more you know, the more it is all seems the same.

Horse shoe meme of life
>>
>>135501255
>atheism
>religion

Who would win in a fight: Burger education vs Bong education
>>
File: average atheist.jpg.jpg (44KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
average atheist.jpg.jpg
44KB, 476x476px
>>135502983
also

believing they're apprehending Reality through their conditioned senses and minds
even though they couldn't prove the existence of anything to save their lives through the sole use of their method of choice, the sci method

yup _athiests_ are so smart
>>
>>135511925
again, WP article goes in all the detail and has all the resources one would need if one were truly interested and not just dragging around an agenda put on loudspeaker, especially one of the anti science-sort that fits: 1st conclusion: 2nd: shoe-horn & filter all evidence to fit
>>
>>135503257
dude you dont know what jesus said or if he existed at all
it was easy to write it all up to make it fit to older texts
>>
>>135511975

>Atheists believe in the explosion of a universe cracker that was lit by nobody

not quite

>After the cracker exploded shitchaos started to form gas to basically form stone to basically form live... out of stone

please be serious
>>
>>135512070
>Such a Bipolar anon.

how do you perceive such an illusion and yet not even know it to be one??
>>
>>135511835
>I don't believe the stories my parents told me anymore
Tell us all about your trust issues anon, we can help you. Do you ask for peer reviewed proof every time someone tells you something?

Did you know that Santa is a tradition based on a real person by the way? Here, educate yourself. I know atheists love LEARNING (well, not really).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_of_Caesarea
>>
>>135512305
ah yes now i recall, you are one whom hold the absolute nature of the false dichotomy
ONE OR THE OTHER:
*reality
or
*Christ
>>
File: atheist 1483581901352.jpg (43KB, 371x622px) Image search: [Google]
atheist 1483581901352.jpg
43KB, 371x622px
>>135503098
>Occam's razor would suggest that an all-powerful designing creator is less simple than the world just naturally working as it does without this creator
not necessarily so
especially the creation of life, some pretty fancy combinations happened that randomness doesnt account for very well
but that just implies there may have been an alien creator, as dawkins likes to believe
>>
>>135509031
Correct. That sums me up pretty well, I'd say. If only I could just go to a coffee machine and get a guaranteed visit to a deity as there is one, I'd hold all the answers!
>>
A brief introduction to the god of the bible:

Subject a) A person once commits a sin. Veredict: Instantly killed.
Subject b) A person who saves up a lot and is abour ready to live large. Veredict: Instantly killed.
Subject c) A person who lives piously following the mandates of YHWH. Veredict: Tested with cruelty and brutality, family killed.
Subject d) A young kid who makes fun of a prophet. Veredict: Mauled to death by bears.
Subject e) A criminal that doesn't respect god nor does care for anything but living as better as he can illegally. Veredict: Death of old age.

Discuss.
>>
>>135512365
Show me the post where I said that, my bipolar friend.
>this isn't /b/ by the way
>>
>>135512371
>especially the creation of life, some pretty fancy combinations happened that randomness doesnt account for very well
>but that just implies there may have been an alien creator, as dawkins likes to believe

all still non-falsifiable
>>
>>135512440
you said "bipolar"
and not "unipolar"
>>
>>135512434

yes

that is all fact
and?
>>
>>135512570
I am just, says the lord.
How is this just?
>>
Atheist KEKS BTFO
>>
Atheist KEKS BTFO!!! GO SACRIFICE YOUR CHILDREN TO SATAN ON ANOTHER BOARD
>>
>>135512483
>I believe that murder is wrong
>I also believe murder is right
>I am not bipolar
>I am unipolar
Which one are you?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unipolar
If you're the first depressed type, I apologize. Should give you some space.
>>
>>135512597
until you are of Christ, which you may never be, but I hope you will, you are incapable of comprehending

just as the Apostles could not have before understood the tongues they spoke when the Holy Spirit entered them

sometimes the best answer you get in this life is
"I will tell you later, and through your faith you know assuredly I will grant thee full and contented understanding in time"
>>
>>135511389
>poor american lecturing wealthy swiss
lol
>>
>>135512330
You know saint nicholas was a real person, right?
>>
>>135512637
Exodus never happened, moses never happened, archaeology teaches us this, yet jesus depends on moses and exodus.

False religion.
>>
>>135512434

>Atheist brainlet trying to understand the work of the Divine
>>
>>135509744
THIS.
>>
>>135512674

>Which one are you?

why do you cast false assumptions?
>>
>>135512748

>Archeology teaches us the exodus didn't happen

This is what atheicucks actually believe? How sad.
>>
>>135512745
...Yes, I just said that.
>a tradition based on a real person
Except I linked the one Orthodoxy based Santa on.
>>
>>135512791
I'm not atheist though.
>>
>>135512862
I'm not atheist, I simply see the lies of the demiurge for what they are.

Suck my dick, it is incomprehensible for you why you must suck it, but there are higher spiritual reasons that once comprehended will set you free.
>>
File: n8B4YOH.png (6KB, 448x357px) Image search: [Google]
n8B4YOH.png
6KB, 448x357px
>>135501362
>>
File: IMG_1125.jpg (34KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1125.jpg
34KB, 450x338px
>>135501255
>atheism
>religion
>in the same sentence
>>
>>135512798

we covered that
read the replies, heres a refresher:

>Since that can't physically be caused

non-falsifiable

>it's cause must be metaphysical.

non-falsifiable
>>
>>135501362
lol
>>
>>135512434
>Subject a) A person once commits a sin. Veredict: Instantly killed.
That's not true. God did not kill Adam and Eve, he didn't even kill Cain after he murdered Abel. The death penalty did not exist when God first created the earth. It came later, in order to keep humanity in check.

When God said to Adam, "if you eat of this tree, you will surely die", he meant that Adam would lose his immortality.
>>
>>135511826
>and yet every Com. attempt has totally excluded Christ.
Because your rabbi has already served his purpose by laying this kiked foundation, of course any group trying to centralize the power into their own hands is going to get rid of the competition.
>>
>>135512857
Ok so asking you 'which unipolar thing you are' so I don't assume means I'm assuming. Yea, I already had to deal with one retard today, don't need another. Have fun.
>>
>>135512867
Do orthodoxfags not also call santa saint nick? What a shitty religion.
>>
>>135512951
Then you explain where matter and space and time came from. :)
>>
>>135513052
go on

>by laying this kiked foundation,

communism is from the serpent
not your personal meaning of it from your:
"dictionary-in-my-own-head-is-the-objective-one-for-all-the-world-even-though-it-changes-from-time-to-time"
>>
>>135501255
of course atheists cuck themselves to death by not having multiple children
>>
>>135513037
There are instakills for select sins in some parts of the bible.
>>
>>135513085
>Yea, I already had to deal with one retard today, don't need another. Have fun.

and then you cast another
and this is that i am a retard
just relax

>>135513131
we cannot test for that yet, it is non-falsifiable, we do not know if we will ever be able to test for it

that is what the term means
>>
>>135512434
Unsure of which subjects you're talking about in A and B.

C) Job was "tested" if you even want to call it that because he was worshipping the Lord out of fear and not love. He was essentially doing sacraments for the material rewards or to avoid God's wrath. The Lord is not a gumball machine is basically the moral here.

D) The "young man" you're talking about is actually what many readers before modern times would recognize as a bandit. Groups of young men living out in the woods (where bears also live) tended to be bandits. Theives and murderers deserve death.

Not sure about subject E by context. Could you be more specific?
>>
>>135513313
>we cannot test for that yet
We know two things for sure: 1) matter can not create itself, and 2) matter can not exist outside of space-time. If these are true, only a metaphysical explanation can explain the existence of the universe.
>>
>>135513242
>communism is from the serpent
I agree completely.
>>
>>135513379
Why do those who profess to be Christian endlessly contend with the unrepentant?

As though mere words and the sharpening of the tongue, as of the serpent, could win them over.

That is the sin of vanity.
>>
>>135512721
Why believe everything will be justified in the end when you can't demonstrate that it will be the case? You've literally said sometimes you have to wait to know the answer, how do you know this to be true. It's unfalsifiable.
>>
>>135513405

again:

>) matter can not create itself,

non-falsifiable

>matter can not exist outside of space-time

non-falsifiable

> If these are true, only a metaphysical explanation can explain the existence of the

non-falsifiable
>>
Wow, you guys really need to get laid
>>
>>135513494

Well most people grow out of atheism eventually, so maybe this speeds it along a bit.
>>
>>135513583
what if one has chosen the path of Isaac Newton?
>>
>>135513131
>actual textbook definition of argument from ignorance

My God how are people this stupid
>>
>>135513645
that post is not how Christ would lead a stray one,

NOR how a scientist would either.
>>
>>135513306
No, but the Bible commands the death penalty for some sins: homosexuality/sodomy (bestiality, etc), kidnapping, murder, children cursing their parents, children beating their parents, rape, and some other things.

It says in Romans that it is the job of government under which man lives, to carry out these death penalties.
>>
>>135513558
How is it non-falsifiable that matter can not create itself? Anyway, it's clear that you don't want to have a discussion so I won't respond to you anymore.
>>
>>135512162
Basically if you talk about anything having to do with philosophy, then you are talking about something in which the jury is still out on, otherwise it wouldn't be philosophy.
Just pick a reality (read: religion) that satisfies pragmatic expectations.
Besides, all truth is based on that which cannot be proven anyways. The fact that people are referencing the 2nd law of thermodynamics is cringeworthy.
The road of postmodern deconstruction is paved with depression. I was once a rationalist of the most extreme degree, a mathematician. I found that there are no answers, only models. Choose an imaginary reality of your minds construction that gives you an advantage, rather than your illusion of pursuing "reality" that is no more real than religion. In fact, you must put in more faith to be atheist, you must put in faith of every perception of reality you have, that what you see and perceive is representative of true "reality" with a capital R. If you are truly rational, in a way, you will apply occam's razor and abstain, or more practically, be religious.
>>
File: DFS7p6RWsAI0YFO.jpg (59KB, 500x549px) Image search: [Google]
DFS7p6RWsAI0YFO.jpg
59KB, 500x549px
>>135513583
sound pretty unIslamic their pal
>>
>>135513689
I'm not on a quest to educate those who haven't bothered learn the most basic fallacies, are you?
>>
>>135513645

So, you can't?

But you expect to laud your views over others. Strange.
>>
>>135501255
Atheism isn't a fucking religion you moron. It is the lack there of. It's like calling transparency a colour.
>>
>>135513694

>No, but the Bible commands the death penalty for some sins

nope, not since the 1st and only and everlasting High Priest to be NOT of the tribe of Levi, but of the tribe of Judah ascended the position:
"let he who has no sinned thus cast the first stone"
>>
File: 1501274385510.jpg (140KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
1501274385510.jpg
140KB, 940x627px
>>135513494
And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:18-20
>>
>>135513825
Two points about John 8:3.

1) It's not part of the Bible and was not written by John, because the story does not exist in any of the oldest surviving manuscripts. It was added by someone based on oral tradition at a later point.

2) Even if we assume that it's part of the Gospel of John, it only abolishes the death penalty for adultery.
>>
>>135513746
>How is it non-falsifiable that matter can not create itself?

you cannot create a test for that

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

>Anyway, it's clear that you don't want to have a discussion so I won't respond to you anymore.

no i do but im trying to illuminate you by hinting at the bright door of knowledge you can walk through, but you seem blind, and i dont want you to be

>>135513758

>then you are talking about something in which the jury is still out on,

of human kind, anyway

>Besides, all truth is based on that which cannot be proven anyways.

depends on your set of axioms

im not interested in truth
only FACT matters

> If you are truly rational, in a way, you will apply occam's razor and abstain, or more practically, be religious.

have you not followed many of my posts?

>>135513786
Christ wants to save every last person.
and a humble scientist would wish that every last human be a calm and critical, well educated person
>>
>>135513937
That picture shows perfectly the semitic mindset of Christians. They hate nature. They hate everything that's actually European. They're coalburners of the soul and need to go.
>>
>>135513825

No. The New Testament acknowledges the just and proper role of civil government in maintaining justice and punishing evildoers, even to the point of “bearing the sword.” One criminal on the cross contrasts his death as due punishment with Jesus’ death as an innocent man. When Jesus appeared before Pilate, both Pilate and the crowd recognize the principles of bloodguilt. There is no indication in the New Testament that it is unjust, immoral, or inappropriate for secular civil governments to execute those guilty of shedding innocent blood.

Like the Old Testament, the New Testament seems to depict the lawful use of force by soldiers in legitimate battles as justified. The profession of soldier is used as a metaphor by Paul exhorting the Ephesians to “put on the full armor of God.” Cornelius, the Roman centurion, is portrayed as a righteous and God-fearing man. Jesus praises the faith of a Roman centurion on the occasion of healing the centurion’s servant, and states that he has not found such great faith even in Israel. When John the Baptist was preaching repentance and baptizing penitent sinners in the Jordan river, soldiers came to John and asked for specific instructions regarding their repentance. John the Baptist did not demand that the soldiers renounce their profession, instead he exhorted them to be content with their pay.
>>
>>135513805

please reread and rethink that post
please

>>135513937
yes, but nothing about vainly bickering with unrepentant sinners who cling to this world and this life and all of it base & root tenets
>>
File: 1501274303279m.jpg (125KB, 1024x570px) Image search: [Google]
1501274303279m.jpg
125KB, 1024x570px
>>135514043
Aw. You got triggered huh? Poor pagan.
>>
>>135514038

>you cannot create a test for that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Do you claim the first law of thermodynamics is wrong when it states that energy cannot be created (exist) or destroyed (not exist)?
>>
>>135513537
look here buddy, if you apply logic to everything you will end up believing nothing but that which is directly and trivially true within the logical system which you outlined. Logics are human constructions that are tools used to make sense of reality, just like the bible is a tool. You cannot prove the validity of your causal logical system. Logical systems are either incomplete or inconsistent, Godel's theorem. There will always be unfalsifiable statements, regardless of how much information you have. Give it up.
>am math major, entire life a existential crisis, ive been there
>>
File: 1500312998140.jpg (137KB, 970x646px) Image search: [Google]
1500312998140.jpg
137KB, 970x646px
>>135514043
>>
>>135513805
Where did I say I can't? Can you ever ask an honest question? I said I won't. There's a difference. It's not gentlemanly and not virtuous by some standard but I don't care about those who are proud of being ignorant. So yes while flippant I will chastise them.
>>
>>135514043

Paganism as you almost certainly imagine it IS jewish propaganda. It is a construct made up by Jewish-dominated past-Enlightenment academia that has almost fucking nothing in common with what even ancient Greeks, never mind practicers of paganisms from which very little survived to our day, like that of the Norse, actually believed. It was made up to seem anything more than a collection of bloody and incosistent superstitions specifically to undermine Christianity.

Take a look at the most advanced paganism in history, Hinduism. A small bunch of Christian adventurers BTFOed a whole sub-continent its adherents and their descendants only failed to kept India under their thumb due to events that flowed from the Europe abandoning Christianity. Hinduism also was not very successful at teaching people to poo in loo of course.
>>
>>135513992
>2) Even if we assume that it's part of the Gospel of John, it only abolishes the death penalty for adultery.

see:
>>135512721
more apt now than even when i just typed it a few minutes ago

>>135514048

you bear the world's, secular view/interpretation

>inappropriate for secular civil governments to execute those guilty of shedding innocent blood.

that was true, until the moment the savior gave up the Ghost

>lawful use of force by soldiers in legitimate battles as justified.

defense, at most, not offense/to punish/enforce God's law or any law
>>
>>135514253

That's an awful lot of words to agree that, no, you can't.
>>
>>135514038
>Christ wants to save every last person.
>and a humble scientist would wish that every last human be a calm and critical, well educated person

Ive become more misanthropic with age. I think some are beyond saving or not worth my time
>>
>>135501255
Looks like the eternal Christpole got a U.K. proxy
>>
What defines a religion is the belief in the supernatural in some way. This can be through either transcendent beings that exist beyond the known universe or outside of it which are not subject to the laws of nature. Monotheistic and some polytheistic religions fall into this category.

However, immanent religions share a belief in a being or beings who exist within our known universe and are subject to the laws of nature. These can be beliefs in spirits, gods or goddesses that live within mountains, streams or forests for example.

tl;dr If it does not believe in something that exists outside the physical universe, then it's classified as a non-religion.
>>
>>135514038
>depends on your set of axioms
Thats the fucking point, they are AXIOMS, there is no proof for them. You cannot prove them. "Absolute truth" doesn't exist for the rationalist.
>im not interested in truth
>only FACT matters
A fact is a true statement, you care about truth, wtf
>>
>>135514210
>(exist) or destroyed (not exist)?

you add 2 concepts in there beyond the scope of that particular physics law

that law states it (matter/energy) can only be changed and moved/etc, as for the rest(extant or non), we have no evidence nor tests to gather any such evidence

the grammar may lead to some misconceptions

why do you seek a conviction by words?
>>
>>135514363
I thought you were asking that I can't educate the ignorant. I thought you linked to my post about being in a quest. This is why I hate 4chan format it's shut for debate.

So to answer your question: personally I don't know the cause of the universe, I don't think anyone can honestly claim they do know. Having said that to say this is evidence against atheism or evidence for a creator is the fallacy argument from ignorance.>>135514378
>>
>>135514378

I know i know
i am starting to feel it
but that is despair and weakness
they come necessarily with humanity
you need prayer
like it or not :)
>>
>>135514358
What are you talking about? It only abolishes the death penalty for adultery, even if we assume that it is part of John's gospel.

>that was true, until the moment the savior gave up the Ghost
That's not what the Bible says. Romans 13 is clear that we live under the laws of the land that we live, and it is up to the government to carry out the punishments of God. Meaning: we don't have the right to walk around and kill people, but it must be done by government. If the government doesn't do it, then the government isn't do its job.

>Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

>Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

>For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

>For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

>Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
>>
>>135514508

>You cannot prove them.
axioms are things that HAVE been proven, tho

>"Absolute truth" doesn't exist for the rationalist.

aside from one:
"i think, therefore" (you know the rest)

>A fact is a true statement, you care about truth, wtf

"truth" gets us into "extra-factual" (if you will) areas which is vanity

thats useless
>>
>>135514197
Yes, jew lover. It's really amazing with what joy you brag about the destruction of something organic that took hundreds of years to grow. What's the difference between that honorary sandnigger in your pic and ISIS that get off destroying every form of tradition that doesn't stem from their jewish plagiarism? There isn't one.
>>
>>135514594
Prayer only helps those who can suspend belief in reality. I'm fine with it as placebo, but I'd rather train my body and intellect instead of waste time on psychodramatic catharsis ;)
>>
>>135514677

>What are you talking about? It only abolishes the death penalty for adultery,

this shows there is still hardness in your heart not fully letting go of all this world has indoctrinated you to, and fully letting Christ rewrite you, so to speak

>that was true, until the moment the savior gave up the Ghost

indeed that was a man doing his best to infer on subjects we do not have any specific testimony of Christ regarding

and recall how often he had to rebuke and correct the Apostles
>>
>>135514689
axiom: a thing suggested or assumed as true as the basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief.
>aside from one:
>"i think, therefore" (you know the rest)
that has been debated, and like with everything else, the jury is out. Accept your ignorance, as many others have. All there is, is belief.
>>
>>135514697

Well for one, the only reason we know anything about Paganism is that Christians wrote everything down and documented it.

Which is handy, cos now you can LARP.

Thanks monks.
>>
>>135514812
>so to speak
That's not what the Bible says. I don't know what sick cult you're following that's teaching you heresy, but the Bible is really clear, maybe you should pick up your Bible every once in a while?
>>
>>135514972
>All there is, is belief.

if we are proceeding from that as the one and only 1st principle, then none of these words even have any use or meaning
>>
>>135515041
you have submitted yourself to the Bible
not to Christ.
>>
>>135515145
I have the Holy Ghost in me. The Bible is the pure Word of God.
>>
>>135515051
yes, exactly, and so with only reasoning we are reduced to only paradoxical statements
>>
File: 1423451569601.jpg (59KB, 521x509px) Image search: [Google]
1423451569601.jpg
59KB, 521x509px
Thread is dying.

Read your Bible and follow Christ.
>>
>>135502315
lol triggered by a dumb troll
>>
Atheism is not a religion you say. Incorrect a firm non belief in something is in itself a belief. Atheism is the cause of narcissistic and materialistic self worship through a psychological imperative to find something to place worship and belief to. It is both the cause and the result (chicken/egg scenario due to history repeatedly rewritten for propaganda and control purposes) of socialistic belief and the worship of government, which as you can see around the world right now creates the uprising of self righteous know it alls who think its their right to tear up communities and attack police because they should have everything given to them like spoilt children. To firmly believe that there is no evidence to support 1 way or an other so its best to choose a lack of belief not only is un scientific, it actually shows a level of deep seeded intellectual insecurity, for one to believe that they have seen all the evidence for and against to come to that conclusion, is impossible and thus to belief you have is a projection of said insecurity.
Props to those that have come to terms with there own inferiority and considered Agnosticism, as they realise they truly cannot know what to belief without true evidence one way or the other.
Mad props to those that have realised the philosophical concept of solipsism that the only thing you can truly know is real is that which you have experienced.
Maddest props to those that have escaped the ego, pride and fear been exposed to the infinite world beyond the description of words.

Thought experiment:- we could all be part of a simulation created by a 12 year old girl for a science project in a civilisation far advanced from our own. Try and prove me right or wrong, pro tip you can't.
>>
>>135515237
Why is the Quran not? Or Hindu texts or Norse mythology or Greek?
>>
>>135515237
>I have the Holy Ghost in me.

one can hope

>The Bible is the pure Word of God.

none said otherwise
Many aside from Him though do speak in it

your words show the fruit of your heart
your heart is to follow the letter of the Bible and to stop your path of understanding on any given thing when it becomes inconvenient to what man has concluded regarding the whole of it
>>
>>135515465
because:
>>135512721
1st line is why you cannot grasp
>>
>>135515465
long story short:
because those are of either men and or the dragon, directly or indirectly
>>
>>135515444
>Mad props to those that have realised the philosophical concept of solipsism that the only thing you can truly know is real is that which you have experienced.

More like can only truly know is real is the self. Experiences could be argued to be unreal, if you're so inclined.

Don't know why you don't like atheist label when it's been assumed to mean agnostic living as if there were no God.
>>
>>135515603
That's not an answer you're asking me to have blind faith for the sake of not being ignorant of something I cannot confirm...
>>
>>135515631
What's the Dragon?
>>
>>135515918
well.... sort of
but this is the fact of it, repeated:

>until you are of Christ you are incapable of comprehending

slight rephrase:
>until you are READY for Christ you are incapable of comprehending

>>135515964

the adversary
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.