[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I see lots of atheists talking about how Europe would be better

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1501062181433m.jpg (164KB, 1024x624px) Image search: [Google]
1501062181433m.jpg
164KB, 1024x624px
So I see lots of atheists talking about how Europe would be better off with Christianity, so here is how Europe would be had Christianity never taken off:

1. When the Germanic barbarians ransacked the western Roman Empire there would have been no Catholic Church to preserve any of the Roman knowledge. The reboot of western civilization would have taken much longer, and the only form of paganism to survive would be the Germanic variety because everything else got burned.

2. There would be no US, because there would have been no colonial period. Europe would be as crowded as China and India.

3. There would have been no constitutions based on the principle of negative liberty or natural rights, because those are Christian Concepts. Legal systems would be predicated on positive liberty, or just straight up rule of man.

4. The Germanic burial customs of burning bodies in boats and on altars next to rivers would have continued. Imagine, millions of bodies being burned along the Danube and Rhine rivers every year (see Ganges River).

5. Cities would be full of excrement and litter, because the idea of improving city life for everyone was a uniquely Christian movement in the west. Pagan aristocratic societies inevitably lend themselves toward caste structures, and the ruling classes aren't concerned with the lower classes because the gods ordained for them to be lower and it's their place. Also, the nice houses belonging to the aristocrats can still be nice even if the rest of the city is literally buried in crap
>>
>>135494936
>4. The Germanic burial customs of burning bodies in boats and on altars next to rivers would have continued. Imagine, millions of bodies being burned along the Danube and Rhine rivers every year (see Ganges River).
And they could have stopped it when discovering the harmful effects it has on health, just like Christians don't think nothing going into your mouth can't defile you. If health is a concern Judaism would have been the better choice due to its obession with purity and not expecting everyone to drink from the same cup during mass.
>>
>my children are getting killed on the streets so I should waste my time with apologetics

BASED
>>
>>135494936
>There would be no US

This outweighs all the downsides. Humanity was lost the moment that shithole was founded.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.