[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legitimately, why is universal (free) healthcare such a bad idea

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: 1496727086252.png (298KB, 500x754px) Image search: [Google]
1496727086252.png
298KB, 500x754px
Legitimately, why is universal (free) healthcare such a bad idea when it works in much smaller nations? Why is it such an issue in America? Especially by Republicans (who are 100% in support of free healthcare for themselves and the rich - see John McCain)
>>
>>135490338
It only works in white homogeneous countries.
>>
>>135490338
Your picture is retarded. There is no right to health care. And by removing the word right, this picture tries to go around that. But guns are actually protected under a specific amendment.
>>
WHAT DO WE WANT?
>FREE SHIT!
WHEN DO WE WANT IT?
>FREE SHIT!
HOW DO WE PAY FOR IT?
>FREE SHIT!
>>
>>135490338
>1. Stop using frog Waifu to push your flawed logic
>2. Understand They do believe in freedom to Healthcare it's called the free market
>3.kys
Not particularly in that order.
>>
>free
This is a wonderfully subversive framing of things. Describing shit like this as "free" instead of "taxpayer-funded" causes people to entirely disregard reality and jump on board. As soon as you remind healthy people that their money would be given to the guy that smokes two packs a day despite knowing how bad it is or the woman who just can't stop eating, they change their tune pretty quickly.
>>
>>135490338
because poor people deserve to die

people always talk about how we should "kill all jews" and "send the blacks back to africa" but they fail to tell you that 70% of whites are only good for tilling the fields and drinking alcohol, literally nigger tier but they won't rob you

poor people and people with glasses are literally worse than niggers and spics and need to die, plain and simple
>>
>>135490338
someday I will have the technology to find you
wont that be a fun day
>>
POSITIVE RIGHTS VERSUS NEGATIVE RIGHTS.
>>
>>135490728
We pay less than you and get better coverage. It's just a better allocation of resources.
>Buhbuhbuh muh wait times
No
>>
>>135490338
Other people should not have to shoulder the burden of the consequences of others' actions.
>>
>>135490338
I have to pay for my guns.
I have to pay for my healthcare.
Not seeing any contradictions here.

Also, we've too large of a population that effectively pays negative taxes. As in they get more back on their tax returns than they payed in all year.
In addition, running a hospital or even a private practice requires astronomically expensive malpractice insurance because in American civil courts there is no cap on malpractice suits. One relatively small mistake can see a doctor sued for several million dollars.
On top of medical costs being inflated by malpractice insurance there's also the enormous buy in cost of a doctor paying for education. Unless he got a free ride scholarship, that doctor is starting out with upwards of $500,000 dollars in debt plus interest. Gotta charge more to ever hope to pay that off.

In all it would take a massive overhaul of our civil court and education systems as well as a general demographic purge in order to make free healthcare anywhere near feasible in the U.S.
>>
Where can I get them free government gun gibs?
>>
You have the freedom to healthcare already. Just like guns, you need to pay for it.

Next
>>
>>135490338
>when it works in much smaller nations
If your ok waiting over a year for your surgery, then yeah, it works.
>>
>>135490338
Because you guys get really crappy equipment.

Free healthcare means hospitals cheapen out on medical supplies, medical equipments, and doctors. Basically the quality goes down the shit hole
>>
File: OD.jpg (95KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
OD.jpg
95KB, 640x640px
>>
Shut up, kero.
>>
>>135490338
Universal Healthcare is not free health care.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but if the premise that it's a good idea is that 'it's free', then you are wrong.
>>
>>135491333
You dont, though. Also, judging by your flag choice I expect this to be a ruse, noone can be this clueless by accident
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 500x465px
>1 post by this ID

Dumb frogposter
>>
Yeah I guess it works in Australia if by works you mean I pay for it a never use it.
Meanwhile old people are being resuscitated 8 times and having their bodies maimed and beaten before they're finally allowed to die from old age.
Yeah it works.
>>
>>135491643
Also the doctors and nurses work for a pittance in state hospitals, consequentially the medical students are leaving the country after getting their education bill footed by the state. We're basically funding western Europes medical industry.
>>
File: 1483422760281.gif (1MB, 412x384px) Image search: [Google]
1483422760281.gif
1MB, 412x384px
>>135490338
>Legitimately, why is universal (free) healthcare such a bad idea
>make healthcare free
>quality of healthcare degrades significantly
it's almost like you've never been outside of America.
>>
>freedom to guns
>you are allowed to buy guns with your money

>freedom to healthcare
>you are allowed to buy healthcare with your money

I don't see what the problem is OP.
>>
>>135490338
Guns cost money you dumbass
>>
It comes down to money's influence in US politics. Politicians fund their next campaign on donations largely by corporations which want legislation that favors them.

To ensure this ecosystem, the right has endoctrinated half the country with the notion that private Enterprise is sacred and any restrictions on it by the government are restriction on prosperity.

When this mentality is applied to an already fucked up healthcare system, you get out of control cost, irrational distribution of services, and all sorts of other horror.

If we limited the money in politics, the healthcare problem would fix itself within a few years.
>>
File: IMG_2073.jpg (798KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2073.jpg
798KB, 1920x1080px
R8 my waifu
>>
>Implying Tsuya would be a commie
Sage
>>
>>135490338
Stop Tsuyuposting.
>>
>>135490338
Look at what's happening in countries that have universal free healthcare. Worthless immigrants flock to the countries who have it to live the good life, and taxes have to be raised to support a system that is flawed and crumbling.

In Europe, the population is having a hard time maintaining that system because the general population is getting older and an increasing number of useless people insist on staying/coming.

It worked for a time in countries like Sweden but it never worked properly in places like Belgium or Italy because people are bound to try and exploit it. Considering the percentage of useless people in the United States, it's probably not a good idea. Especially when it's not an idea people are used to.
>>
>>135490338
>countries where "FREE SHIT!" works
>White
>Homogeneous
>Intelligent
>America
>Spics and Niggers all over the fucking place
>Spics and Niggers hate whitey
>Spics and Niggers are actually retarded

Connect the dots, dumbfuck.
>>
File: 1497555982382.jpg (46KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1497555982382.jpg
46KB, 500x359px
>>135490338
I cant believe how easy it is to get away with this shit with you people.

>vote for "net neutrality"
>that means FREEDOM FOR INTERNET
>FCC rules under that name achieve the opposite

>OBAMACARE IS FREEDOM FOR HEALTHCARE
>Obamacare forces people to buy insurance and penalizes them if they dont, eliminating choice and freedom
>>
>>135490338
UK reporting in. We won't have free healthcare for much longer due to the immigrunts you shill for in your other threads, Paki. Your "Deus Vult" fools no-one.
>>
File: 1495172311101.jpg (38KB, 659x601px) Image search: [Google]
1495172311101.jpg
38KB, 659x601px
>>135490338
>1 post by this id

People taking the bait :D Good job pol never fail to disappoint.
>>
>>135490338
>(free)
No such thing. The money and resources come from a variety of sources including taxes. Nothing is free, you're just too retarded to understand the system so unless the way money is drained from you is waved in your face you'll be oblivious to it. Perhaps even that isn't enough. That's why you're cattle.
>>
>>135490586
this and only this
>>
>>135490338
This meme is pure autism. Having the right to own a firearm does not equate to the government giving you health care. The government doesn't just hand free guns away, you have to pay for them yourself. If you want to make statements about reforming healthcare do so as you wish.But at least try an attempt at making sense.
>>
File: 1450027707354.png (68KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450027707354.png
68KB, 540x300px
>>135490338
>>
>>135490661
>There is no right to health care.
establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare

.>promote the general Welfare
>>
>>135490338
1 POST BY THIS ID

Every american has freedom to healthcare, what are you even talking about.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.