[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in a liberal/democratic state. All my associates are using

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1491798769191.jpg (634KB, 1848x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1491798769191.jpg
634KB, 1848x1056px
I live in a liberal/democratic state. All my associates are using phrases like:

>"I wish in live in a *separate timeline* where..."
>"Your doing *mental gymnastics*..."
>"(Sigh) Trump is putting out FAKE NEWS again..."
>"[When arguing] Your SNOWFLAKE is showing..."
>"Haha, someone is getting *triggered*..."
>"Just a bunch of *sheeple*..."
>"[When texting] "Guess it was ((them)) [referring to NAZIs]..."

So they act like they invented these terms, without realizing this phraseology was forged in the struggles of underdog Trump supporters who had to deal with the left's hypocritical shit - and had to find a way to quickly describe their behavior in a snarky quip.

Are liberals basically appropriating our language because they want to be the counter culture, or feel that they suddenly are just because Clinton isn't the president?
>>
>>135485646
It's because they are only capable of speaking in euphemisms and buzzwords. We are using their own form of communication against them. The fact that they are appropriating our terms will eventually lead them to realizing what it means to be a snowflake, sheeple, etc. effectively training their subconscious to eradicate those undesirable liberal ideologies from their psyche.
>>
>>135486923
That's an interesting idea... like memes that have two levels:

1) The context of something that used for language and meaning.

2) A deeper level that is unconscious, but purposefully is engineered to influence to user of the meme.

Level 2 doesn't affect you because the meme facilitates the values that you WANT to have, whereas for a Liberal, the meme will slowly change them to subvert and replace their ideologies for ours. Basically a "stranglet" meme that turns anything it touches into other strangelets...

The meme thus is a psychological trap.

The question is how do you craft such an idea?
>>
>>135487304
Exactly. It is already being done naturally. The more someone sees some thing, the more they grow to like it. Mass amounts of exposure is key. But the content of the exposure should never be too harsh or rushed too quickly or else the target will reject it. People don't like being sold to, they like to imagine that they came to buy the idea themselves, even though deep down they were being led by the soft sell.
>>
>>135488472
>>135487304
>>135485646
Have you not seen Inception? It's literally about meming. One guy tries to implant an idea in another persons mind all the while the person thinks its their original idea.
>>
Historically, this is what leftists have always done. Imagination is a sign of intelligence, and the left has neither.
>>
>>135488472
Shear repetition is one way to nail an idea into someones head. But the left owns the media, so only they have that capability.

The only chance the right has then is to craft a meme that someone can be exposed too only a few times, and have it stick on those 2 Levels.

The first being a clever joke that they like to use.

The second level making them think that they need to "check out" /pol/ more because "wallowing with the enemy" is the only way to strength their leftist arguments (when in fact, it will do just the opposite and subvert their ideologies)

>>135488993
Yes Inception is good.
>>
>>135488993
Continuing my thought; at the beginning of the movie, the character, Dom Cobb (who looks suspiciously like the writer/director Christopher Nolan), is working for Cobol Engineering. Cobol = Cabal?
>>
>>135485646
I noticed it too. They're taking the real narrative and spinning it around. Their cultists are in danger of being freed and they're desperate to give them a plausible explanation.
>>
>>135485646
>Are liberals basically appropriating our language
I mean its good because our language has essentially coded logic into it that will turn anyone into US of all people
>>
>>135487304
>http://www.rushkoff.com/books/media-virus/
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_phenomenon
>Douglas Rushkoff coined the term "media virus" or "viral media" and defined it as a type of Trojan horse: "People are duped into passing a hidden agenda while circulating compelling content."[1]:17 In Jean Baudrillard's 1981 treatise Simulacra and Simulation, the philosopher describes An American Family, arguably the first "reality" television series, as a marker of a new age in which the medium of television has a "viral, endemic, chronic, alarming presence".[3]
>http://henryjenkins.org/blog/2009/02/if_it_doesnt_spread_its_dead_p.html

I studied media/communication
what you're talking about is our bread and butter and I've given you introductory resources
>>
File: 1500966268955.jpg (135KB, 582x581px) Image search: [Google]
1500966268955.jpg
135KB, 582x581px
>>135493147
>>135487304
>Media viruses spread through the datasphere the same way biological ones spread through the body or a community. But instead of traveling along an organic circulatory system, a media virus travels through the networks of the mediaspace. The "protein shell" of a media virus might be an event, invention, technology, system of thought, musical riff, visual image, scientific theory, sex scandal, clothing style or even a pop hero -- as long as it can catch our attention. Any one of these media virus shells will search out the receptive nooks and crannies in popular culture and stick on anywhere it is noticed. Once attached, the virus injects its more hidden agendas into the datastream in the form of ideological code -- not genes, but a conceptual equivalent we now call "memes" (Rushkoff, p.9-10).

MEMES are the ideology and the message - 4chan has already mastered how to make the poison
it is the container of the memes, the vessel that fits the pop-culture that you need to ask yourself how to make so it can carry memes
>>
>>135493147
>>135493341
Interesting I should save this thread but dunno how.
>>
>>135485646
Lefties are incapable of original thought. That's why they have to copy our memes/terms and try to use them against us.
>>
>>135493341
Also your saying MEMES are really kind of the second level in my analogy, not the first. They are the meaning that forms unconsciously.

So your saying the process is you work from the ground up. You make the underlying components first, and then you "zip" up the meme into a "shell" that carries it.

Okay so your saying that we've mastered how to engineer a meme that will make meaning manifest unconsciously, but we HAVENT mastered how to zip that up into an effective shell that will make it "catch" and spread.

I thought it would more or less be the other way around.
>>
What the fuck crowds are you hanging out with that these are commonly spoken phrases? I have never heard any single one of these things spoken in person unironically.
By "associates" do you mean your middle school peers?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.