[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My grandmother was a wonderful person. She taught me how to play

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1488631123941.jpg (59KB, 340x414px) Image search: [Google]
1488631123941.jpg
59KB, 340x414px
My grandmother was a wonderful person. She taught me how to play the game 'Monopoly'. She understood that the name of the game was to acquire. She would accumulate everything she could, and eventually she became the master of the board.

And eventually, every time, she would take my last dollar and I would quit in utter defeat. And then she would always say the same thing to me. She'd look at me and she'd say:

"One day, you'll learn to play the game".

That summer I'd play with the neighbors every day, all day long we'd play Monopoly. And that summer I learned to play the game. I understood that the only way to win was to make a total commitment to acquisition. I came to understand that money and possessions - that's the way that you keep score. And by the end of that summer, I was more ruthless than my grandmother. I was ready to bend the rules if I had to in order to win that game.

And I sat down to play with her that fall. I took everything she had. I destroyed her financially, I watched her give her last dollar and quit in utter defeat. And she had one more thing to teach me. Then she said:

"Now it all goes back in the box. All those houses and hotels. All the railroads and utility companies. All that property, and all that wonderful money. Now it all goes back in the box".

I didn't want it to go back in the box.

"No", She said.

"None of it was really yours. You'll get all heated up about it for a while, but it was around before you sat down at the board and it will be here after you're gone. Players come and players go, but it all goes back in the box".

You have to ask yourself, when you have stored up and hoarded possessions and climbed the ladder of "success" to the highest rung you can possibly climb it... And the thrill wears off... And it WILL wear off...

Then what?

How far do you have to walk down that road before you see where it leads? Surely you understand it'll never be enough. So you have to ask yourself the question:

What matters?
>>
>>135453492
she hated you because you are a gay faggot
>>
>>135453622
Fpbp
/thread
>>
>>135453492
That's a pretty interesting post.

However, Monopoly is a low-skill high-variability kind of game. There is no way she would win every time, nor expect you to resist putting stuff "in the box". Besides, Monopoly is a particularly bad analogy, as you actually "develop" your assets and create new houses and hotels.

To answer your question, money is power, and no matter what matters to you, you would probably need some of it and will never have enough of it.
>>
>>135453492
>when you have stored up and hoarded possessions and climbed the ladder of "success" to the highest rung you can possibly climb it... And the thrill wears off..
Yeah i don't think that's something many of /pol/'s residents will have to worry about.
>>
>>135453492
Monopoly is a fixed pie, the real world isn't.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.