[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the Government fund new settlements? Okay, so here's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

File: 1501257637071.png (116KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
1501257637071.png
116KB, 500x465px
Should the Government fund new settlements?

Okay, so here's the premise - we have too many people in certain areas, where there are no jobs, housing is expensive, and people are living on the dole at huge taxpayer expenses. Would it not be better to drain these people into less populated areas of the United States so that they can get jobs and housing of their own without having to leech off the Government year after year?

My idea is that we could fund settlements in Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Alaska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Eastern Washington and Oregon. Areas that are particularly underdeveloped and could use an economic shock to make them stronger. This also helps to spread out our population more, making it harder to take all of us out in the case of a nuke. Plus, these new cities would need more jobs than just expanding outwards from LA, Chicago, NY, Miami, Phoenix, Houston, etc.

Far more jobs at every skill level, lower housing costs, and removing people off of the Government's tit. What's the downside, besides the initial economic hurdle and muh environment?
>>
File: 1497689018968.png (48KB, 646x701px) Image search: [Google]
1497689018968.png
48KB, 646x701px
And yes, this is pretty Keynesian, but not in the awful way that Keynes proposed. This would be the Government affording more land for jobs to develop rather than creating the jobs themselves. Much like the homesteading in the 1850's and 1860's that developed much of the Midwest, this would be the modern equivalent in the Northwest.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.