[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything good to be learned from the social or lifestyle

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Piraha.jpg (196KB, 1024x707px) Image search: [Google]
Piraha.jpg
196KB, 1024x707px
Is there anything good to be learned from the social or lifestyle habits other cultures, or even people like hunter gatherers?
>>
>>135402958

Survival skills I guess?
>>
>>135402958
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3u6RfOufJQ
>>
>>135402958
Yes. Even fucking muzzies, even fucking jungle niggers, all of them. How can you possibly hope to effectively remain superior to them if you don't understand them? We are losing because they understand us more than we understand them.
>>
>>135402958

uhm... hot. Sauce?
>>
>>135402958
Do they have next day delivery?
>>
>>135402958
Im learning Proto-Celtic

Very useful.
>>
File: 20161019_111915.jpg (283KB, 1620x911px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_111915.jpg
283KB, 1620x911px
>>135402958
I spent time in Kenya when I was in college.

I spoke at length with the family that I stayed with about cultural differences.

They don't believe that any of the problems that Africa faces could be solved by outsiders because they would not understand the culture.

They pined for a life of Amish-level simplicity because they didn't want rich people diseases like diabetes.
>>
Yes, most don't do that much work. Hard labor began with agriculture.
Humans evolved to live easy lives.
>>
No, but we can exploit their natural resources.
>>
>>135403591
>They pined for a life of Amish-level simplicity because they didn't want rich people diseases like diabetes.
This is admirable! Honestly, this is what I wish for all of us: to live a simple life.
>>
>>135403168
Why not? Hunter gatherers are documented in lots of research as having very high levels of happiness, being/feeling very connected to their communities and the people around them, they have a lot of free time, during which they relax, take naps, talk with friends, etc. Their levels of depression, obesity, and related physical and mental diseases are all extremely low. Doesn't that sound like something we could at least learn from?
>>
>>135402958
there's a lot to be learned about why we have evolved to be the way we are. for example, it was anthropologists who designed the layout of the contemporary department store to maximize revenue.
>>
Yes.

If you give power to women you have this western mess, that is pro lgbt, pro immigration, pro feminism, etc.

Cultures that keep women in check have less of these things.
>>
File: Kibera-Slum-Image-1[1].jpg (588KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Kibera-Slum-Image-1[1].jpg
588KB, 1280x960px
>>135403892
Sorry. Amish was probably the wrong example. You were probably imagining lots of land and a nice well built house and good ethics.

They admiring the hard working individuals who had the opportunity to live in pic related. Kibera Slum.
>>
>>135402958

As long as you account for the bad as well as the good, yes. Low work hours, close social ties, strong community - these are good things. Humanity has only ever advanced when forced to out of necessity. Personally I like having anesthesia and painkillers.

>>135403958

These things require taking into account vast economic and sociological differences. You can never live as they do, at best you can emulate on an individual level. It can't be modeled or imitated on a large scale - inherently.

Consider that the ideal society is not necessarily the happiest one. It depends on the criteria, and in this world Darwinism is the rule over a large enough timescale.
>>
Yes. Learning simple methods of survival ends with the illusion that nature is a peaceful and happy place. No feminist discourse, for example, survives when immediate survival is a major concern. Just invite some feminists to spend some time in the countryside to see the magic happen and they begin to value the inequalities between the sexes and the different roles of men and women.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.