[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you tell me specifically what the second amendment guarantees?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 2ndAmendment.jpg (100KB, 440x239px) Image search: [Google]
2ndAmendment.jpg
100KB, 440x239px
Can you tell me specifically what the second amendment guarantees? What exactly "shall not be infringed"?

I'm confused. Each state has different laws on guns, some are very restrictive, while others have few restrictions.

How is that possible? Could a state like California or Hawaii ban guns completely?
>>
>>135361818
Learn to read.
You can have arms, and that won't change is what it says.
>>
File: PepeLatte.png (964KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
PepeLatte.png
964KB, 768x768px
>>135361818
it guarantees attorneys will have jobs forever ever
>>
Shut your shit. You're not taking our guns
>>
>>135362051
>You can have arms, and that won't change is what it says.

Which arms? As I said, some states are very restrictive. You can't buy certain guns in these states. Some states ban certain types of guns, while others don't.

I'm confused. Just tell me exactly what the second amendment guarantees. What "shall not be infringed"?
>>
>>135362376
>What "shall not be infringed"?
That's the thing. They've slowly wormed their way into infringing.
Theoretically none of it should have been put in place to begin with, nobody really put their foot down and stopped it though so it keeps creeping.
>>
It means you can go to a shooting range with this fancy toy. Thats about it.
America has been neutered.
The only violence and 2nd amendment activation is from the left. Scalise is a prime example. The right is a bunch of pussies that keeps telling themselves to obey the laws and everything will work out just fine!
The 2nd amendment will never be used for what it was written for: to defend ones state against a tyrannical federal govt.
Honestly, how much more tyranny does this country need before someone uses it?
>civil forfeiture
>unlawful surveillance
>parallel consturction
>voter fraud
>mandates for private products (health insurance)
How much more shit will the good people of /pol/ take?
>>
>>135361818

The 2nd Amendment hasn't been fully incorporated via the 14th Amendment, therefore, states may be more restrictive than the federal government in restricting access to certain types of firearms/ammo/accessories and so forth. They may also regulate them via licensing for ownership and carrying and restrict how they might be carried and in what manner and for what purpose they may be used.

However the Supreme Court in DC v. Heller reaffirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms irrespective of an individual's connection with an organized militia that no state can infringe upon.

This confusion is the price we pay to have a federal system of government.
>>
File: The BEST explained.jpg (1MB, 3012x1728px) Image search: [Google]
The BEST explained.jpg
1MB, 3012x1728px
>>135361818

Exactly what it says on the tin. Gun control legislation is unconstitutional.
>>
File: Fun control is wrong.jpg (426KB, 750x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Fun control is wrong.jpg
426KB, 750x1050px
>>135364078

Bonus round. Also, one could easily argue that as a member of the militia as per the Militia Act and the 14th Amendment, it's not only your right, but your duty to own a gun and know how to properly use and care for it.
>>
>Could they
From our cold dead hands

>Would they
If they thought they could get away with it
>>
File: Funs for the world.gif (380KB, 1500x2700px) Image search: [Google]
Funs for the world.gif
380KB, 1500x2700px
>>135364231

I knew I had at least one more somewhere.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.