[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conservatives (especially here) typically hate modern or abstract

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: pollock.jpg (276KB, 1000x498px) Image search: [Google]
pollock.jpg
276KB, 1000x498px
Conservatives (especially here) typically hate modern or abstract art, and feel that classical art takes more skill and is more beautiful

By contrast, a liberal is more likely to relate to the idea that classical art has lots its relevance (in terms of continuing to make it) after the advent of the camera (hyperrealists aren't that popular), and allows more room for creativity.

/pol/ Why do you think that opinions of beauty and art follow the same conservative/liberal divide as with politics?
>>
>>135342206
Logos contra chaos.
>>
File: 1499731734571.jpg (10KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
1499731734571.jpg
10KB, 235x215px
>>135342206
I've posted this before, and I'll post it again: Art like this is not meant to inspire, it's meant to belittle and make others pessimistic. It betrays out society as one that doesn't uphold objects of beauty that once characterized us, but rather bleak nihilism.

Whenever the topic of modern art is brought up, there are people who make up excuses for this decline on the grounds that we just "don't get it." Nobody actually values the modern artistic incarnation more than the works of the past, nobody actually thinks this filth alludes to some deep obscure meaning. The popularization of aesthetic ugliness is only possible that the values that once guided the artistic vision of our people have been discarded since the 1920s. Art is the means by which people assert themselves in time and how we will be remembered. When our descendants look back on us, they will see a people paralyzed by fear, guilt and self-loathing. A people which value ugliness, frivolity and weakness.

300 years after the masters of the baroque period, almost 100 years after the futurist and surrealist movements and the highest forms of art we have is installation art which in many cases consists of literal garbage.

Ask yourself, could there be any greater insult to our most renowned artists to display works in the same gallery of something so vacuous? To answer your question, conservatives hang on to values therefore find beauty in classical art. Modern liberals seem to have thrown their values out the window and find beauty in ugliness such as obesity and the destruction of the nuclear family. Do you find that this is a coincidence?

It is all interconnected.
>>
>>135342206
Jordan Peterson says that there is the intrinsic trait of "openness" that decides such things. People high in openness are more creative and usually liberal. People low in openness are more conscientious (IIRC) and are conservative. I think it is the same dichotomy as the one you are describing in art.

That said, when I saw Poseidon of Artemisium up close my mind was blown. I do not understand exactly why, since it is just a realistic body, but I stood there like an idiot with my jaws dropped for several minutes.
>>
/pol/ is too retarded to realise that modern art covers like 200 years of art and isn't all abstract

Pic related, some modern art
>>
>>135342206

Garbage art like OPs pic related are simply receipts for black market goods and services. Buy a child sex slave for a million dollars, tell the bank you bought some fancy artwork.
>>
>>135342206
pass
>>
File: 5b50cfd3c87869e7.jpg (72KB, 518x648px)
5b50cfd3c87869e7.jpg
72KB, 518x648px
>>135342206
>By contrast, a liberal is more likely to relate to the idea that classical art has lots its relevance (in terms of continuing to make it) after the advent of the camera (hyperrealists aren't that popular), and allows more room for creativity.

Photography doesn't leave more room for creativity. Try to photograph this.
>>
>>135342206
>>135342494
>>135342991
your thread is gay and nobody likes you
>>
File: 20170728_200628.png (729KB, 715x355px)
20170728_200628.png
729KB, 715x355px
>Art
>>
File: 20170728_182920.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px)
20170728_182920.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>135347667
What now?
>>
The Jackson Pollack canvas as a record of action was art one (1) time. Every time after that is HACK. So much abstract art is the abstraction of the mundane.
>>
>>135350256
I'll pay six million dollars for that masterpiece!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.