[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize that Buddhism and Christianity are the only

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 47

File: buddha-christ.jpg (175KB, 836x528px) Image search: [Google]
buddha-christ.jpg
175KB, 836x528px
When did you realize that Buddhism and Christianity are the only two good religions on this Planet, and how do we get rid of all the others?
>>
how similar is Jesus to Buddha?
>>
File: om.jpg (32KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
om.jpg
32KB, 626x626px
>>135190336
What's so much better about Buddhism than Hinduism or Jainism?
>>
>>135190615
Very different characters.
Jesus had a more fiery temperament, could get angry etc.
Buddha was always calm.
>>
>>135190626
1) Buddhists don't shit in the streets;
2) Buddhist philosophy is more interesting. The most interesting Hindu philosophy, Advaita Vedanta, borrowed heavily from Mahayana/Madhyamaka (via Gaudapada)
>>
>>
>>135191142
holy shit i agreeeeeeee
>>
KGB was interested in Buddhism, yoga... as vehicles of transmission for the demoralization virus. Nuff said
>>
>>135190703
>Buddha was always calm.

He didn't say you had to be calm always though
>>
File: 350px-Zoroaster[1].jpg (51KB, 350x543px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Zoroaster[1].jpg
51KB, 350x543px
>>135190336
Zoroastrians are based too
>>
File: om2.jpg (28KB, 736x685px) Image search: [Google]
om2.jpg
28KB, 736x685px
>>135190820
You don't know much about Hinduism.
You should remove Christianity from your list because a dead kike on a stick shouldn't be celebrated.
Sort yourself out.
>>
>>135190336
buddhism is only good "religion" because it doesnt require stupid mythical beliefs
>>
>>135191709
>a dead kike on a stick shouldn't be celebrated.
Im sure its more than that you fuck.
>>
>>135190336
They lead to stagnation
>>
File: ganeshchibi.jpg (266KB, 835x1181px) Image search: [Google]
ganeshchibi.jpg
266KB, 835x1181px
>>135191828
I'll bite. What are the major beliefs of Christianity and what does it mean to be a Christian?
>>
>>135191759
>le buddhism is just philosophical, maaaan
nice meme you ignoramus
>>
>>135190820
Yeah right it was Hinduism who borrowed from Buddism, Smh
>>135190336
Buddism is Hinduism for Plebs
>>
>>135192140
That pic is enough to convert to Christianity. And you can't look it up. Im not your secretary.
>>
>>135190336
Hmm one accepts everyone and teaches to let go of selfishness and the other wants to make you obey an interventionist God. Buddhists believe in chance and Karma, and Christians believe everything happens for a reason...yeah I'm going to have to go with Buddhism. If you're a Christian, your IQ probably isn't very high up there.
>>
File: merrycuckmas.jpg (171KB, 1024x777px) Image search: [Google]
merrycuckmas.jpg
171KB, 1024x777px
>>135192265
That's what I thought. It's another Jewish trick. Aren't you guys basically Muslims, since you use the same books and all? And how do you know Mary didn't just get knocked up by a nigger like every other white chick? They do say Jesus was black...
>>
I'd say you shoudn't really decide what religion is better than the other. People think differently than ya, and saying your religion is better than theirs and trying to end theirs is basically what Hitler did
>>
>>135192140
i want to fuck that ganesha
>>
Hey dipshit, explain to me how what Buddha teaches and what Satan teaches are any different
>>
Buddhism can stay but fuck all monotheism. Sorry but this would include Xtianity
>>
Anyone who disagrees with this statement is a moron.
>>
You're forgetting Hinduism & Taosim foo.
>>
>>135190336
when i started reading about the other religions and learned how fucked up societies that didn't have christianity historically were. we're all taught by joos in academia that "it's white western culture that is so awful and terrible" and omfg it turns out that historically our cultures were far more benevolent and humanitarian than ANY other one that has walked the earth. slavery? all races did it, most cut slaves dicks off and did even more horrible stuff, only thing is we ended it. war? literally everyone did it. we only think it's wrong today because our culture frowns upon it (which is more than can be said about most groups in history, who glorified it). "genocide" of the native americans? we fought a war for land with savage people who kidnapped our children and sold them into slavery with startling regularity. all groups of people have warred for lands. every. single. one. the difference is that when we won, WE WERE ACTUALLY NICE TO SAY "HERE, YOU CAN HAVE THESE HUGE SWATHS OF LAND TO LIVE ON AND WE WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE AND LET YOU SELF DETERMINE YOUR OWN DESTINY". NOBODY HAD EVER DONE THAT BEFORE IN HISTORY TO A PEOPLE THEY HAD CONQUERED IN A WAR FOR TERRITORY and we are supposed to feel BAD for it?

what you say is 100% right OP. christ and buddha were fucking revolutionaries. their ideas were lightyears ahead of everyone else and the doctrines of christian religion in particular led to a cohesive society with morals and a high quality of life, on average, for its citizens.

i'm not even religious but praise christianity and buddhism is a distant second best
>>
>>135190703
Calm when counting bullets
>>
>>135191142
ASIAN WRAITHU

>>135191320
Well they were interested in mysticizm and supposed knowledge of martial arts masters and sages.

They went on a large hunt on those all over the USSR.
I don't think that religeous purges were the reason.
>>
File: Retard_8.jpg (384KB, 1218x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Retard_8.jpg
384KB, 1218x1600px
It's true. They are the only good religions.

All others are a social virus.

All the /pol/sters who disagree are retarded.
>>
>>135192844
Satan isn't real and doesn't teach anything. Buddha said men should follow their dharma and live righteously, and that in following dharma they would gain greater understanding of the workings of the universe.

Jesus said let niggers rape your wife.
>>
>>135190336

When i was 12.

Vedas are pretty good though.

Hermeticism can teach you a lot too.
>>
>>135192192
Awwww, you're adorable
>>
Buddhism? Nah, Taoism and Christianity. Buddhism undermines traditional Eastern values.
>>
>>135193016
You're an idiot and have a shitty understanding of the world. Christ was a cuck. Your civilization is falling because all you can do is masturbate to the accidental circumstances that led to Britain colonizing the world.
>>
>>135190336
All other religions are trash tier. As Christ said, judge them by their fruits. Only Christendom produced civilization as we understand it. The domains of Hinduism, Islam, and Buddhism have all produced cultures that eat dogs and shit in the streets. The best of the classical pagan cults of the volk/nation, such as Confucianism,, were capable of producing modestly advanced civilizations in the classical world. But they were only pale, bloodless fore-runners to the glorious lights of Christendom.
>>
>>135190615
Similar enough that the Japs made a manga/animu about Jesus and Buddha hanging-out in modern Japan.
>>
>>135190615
Buddha spent most of his life trying to figure out how to deal with suffering, also pertaining to the hindu custom at the time is reincarnation which he sees as suffering over and over again, he also found a way to stop this too.

Jesus is God.
>>
>>135190336
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4FGh6cMHB8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1EM9iZpLeI
>>
>>135191759
It requires just as much suspension of disbelief as Christianity. Do you know anything about Buddhism?
>>
Cuckstianity was always a religion of jews and cucks. It is a doctrine of weakness, pacifism, and submission. The earliest christians literally begged the roman officials to kill them because it was a sure way to get into heaven. It was a cause of societal decay back then and it's no different now.
>>
>>135192570
The major belief is that the messianic promise outlined in the Old Testament is fulfilled, rendering Judaism obsolete. The particular significance of this lies in the Jewish faith's historical significance to the development of occidental cultures, particularly the ones of the Ancient Levante which migrated northwest at around the fall of Rome and gave rise to a fair share of noble lines and social movements which then went on to shape European culture, politics and history, Scythians/Saxons and Sarmartians being among the most well-known if ill-researched examples.

What this means in practice is that by a life lived after the example of Jesus Christ (such as challenging dominant dogma where it begins acting to the detriment of one's society and engaging the other on equal footing so as to outline the means for coexistence within the cultural framework presented by them), Christians attain for themselves a spiritual liberation which ideally fosters a coherent, strong and solidarous culture governed by peacable yet just conduct. A Bhuddist might herein see reflected the notion that "when words are both true and kind, they can change our world" - and it would seem to me that as the world's largest living religion, Christendom went on to do just that.

What, however, do your words actually contribute to this discussion?
>>
>>135193651
>judge them by their fruits
>rampant spread of Islam throughout the West
>sluts want to be slutty for the sake of being slutty
>western men are cucks
>60% divorce rate
>niggers
But I have a cell phone that I can post on 4chan with! that means whit- I mean Christianity is the best!
Get the fuck out, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>135190336
true christianity is islam tier, most christians today are not true christians at all
>>
>>135192570
Keep parroting faggot, maybe you'll actually learn how to talk about your own opinions someday.
>>
>>135190336
They are both flawed since their notions of morality and intellect are based on education. They both preach about tolerance, kindness etc, but these ideals only work with east Asians and whites. You can't appeal to the morality and intellect of the brown population, because they don't have either.
>>
>>135194230
Those are all the products of diseased secularism. Fling your shit in Christendom's direction, it doesn't touch us. You're the one with shit on your hands.
>>
>>135194230
>>135193533
>>135193193
t. asshurt little bitch.
>>
>>135191759
...???
>>
>>135192211
>Buddism is Hinduism for Plebs
Then why are countries that have Buddhism so developed (Korea, Japan ,China) but Hindus are shitting in the streets?

Yes, Buddhism initially did borrow from "Hinduism"; but later this was reversed when Buddhism became more spiritually advanced with Nagarjuna.
>>
>>135194306
this
>>
>>135194423
best thing I've read all week thank you
>>
>>135192570
>Same books
What? The bible has 66 books in it the Quran is a single book, how are they the same books?

>They do say Jesus was black...
They also say Jesus was Asian.
>>
>>135190615
>>135190336
Alexander the Great came in contact with Buddhism.

His advisors thought it was pretty neat.
>>
>>135190703
>Jesus had a more fiery temperament, could get angry etc
If that true Jesus wouldnt have his arms broken, gotten thorns impaled into his skulls and nailed to a cross without offering a single bit of resistance.
>>
>>135190336
What is Greco-Buddhism?

>>135194306
fuck you and leave europe
>>
>>135194193
Thanks for actually answering my question. Your description of Christianity makes it sound pretty nice, but it makes me think there are not many practicing Christians at all.
>OP: how do we get rid of all the others?
This is a decidedly un-Christian method of framing this discussion, which makes me think either Christians are lying or they're not practicing Christians. Even if you were to put it as "how do we convert the non-believers", why does the message of Christ to engage the other on equal footing to outline a means of coexistence necessitate the conversion (consumption) of the other into the Christian whole?

Are you really prepared to defend that Christendom, as the world's largest living religion, has made the world a truer and kinder place?
>>
>>135194659
>developed
>china

ahHAHhahHAHhHAahahahAHahHAhahHAHahHAHhaHAHahHAHahhAHHAHAHAHAhhHahhahaH
>>
>>135190336
What about Sikhs?
>>
File: img.jpg (69KB, 630x458px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
69KB, 630x458px
>>135194472

yep, secularism is to blame. It's not like there is widespread christian support for the invasion of the west by the third world, no sir
>>
>>135194423
>. You can't appeal to the morality and intellect of the brown population, because they don't have either.
But that is racist, anon.
>>
>>135195055
Virtuous pagans.
>>
>>135195043
Pajeet detected.
>>
>>135194659
Japan is shinto, chinks are oficially atheists and Korea is christian majority
>>
>>135194795
Respect to you brother <3

>>135195145
Lol ;)
>>
>>135190336
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU6u1bjz2bk
Reminded me of Jesus Onii-san.
>>
>>135194230
People who talk with such anger often hate what they see in the mirror most. I can only offer that you meditate over what you are saying and try to get a more objective view on what you're saying.
All the thing you listed came about after people turned their back on Christianity. You don't have to believe any of the stories in they Bible to see they are 100% true, it's however many thousands of years of human experience it's basically the closest thing to peer-review people had before the scientific method. I'm sure that if you wanted to you can find a good way to handle any personal or moral problem in the teachings of the book.
Anger is never going to bring you anything good.
And if you are a troll
10/10
>>
>>135195015
religious muslims have more in common with the core tenets and teachings and historical practises of christianity than christians today do
>>
>>135192211
Buddhism was too redpilled for Hindus.

Even Brahma was like Buddha was woke as fuck.
>>
>>135195081
By wolves in sheep's clothing? Yes indeed. That wafting stench of shit still comes out of secularism's fetid ass even if you dress it up in the cloak of Christian virtue.
>>
>>135194659
>Then why are countries that have Buddhism so developed (Korea, Japan ,China)
Japan is a Shinto country and China is far from developed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11gc9uBUxCk
>>
File: Unbenannt129.jpg (39KB, 397x574px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt129.jpg
39KB, 397x574px
>>135190336
They're the only religions I am aware of based upon renouncing the world entirely for a nearly incomprehensible, immaterial, transcendental ideal, the Christian ideal being union with God in Heaven and the Buddhist ideal being Nirvana. They both have moral "points systems" so to speak, sin and karma, they both insist that bad people will be trapped in Hell or Samsara. Furthermore both were founded as branches of a more rigid, legalistic base religion from ancient times that still exist today, Judaism and Hinduism.

I see far more similarities between Christianity and Buddhism than differences, of course each has their quirks. Christianity asserts that there is an all-powerful omnipotent God whereas Buddhism claims even supernatural beings are subject to natural processes and are not all-powerful at all. Christianity asserts that the material world and Hell are separate, whereas Buddhist "Hell" is basically the material world which we are endlessly reincarnated into until reaching Nirvana. In this regard, Christians see life more as a test that must be passed whereas Buddhists see it more like a prison that must be escaped.

Of course this is just a general surface-level analyses, there are many branches of Christianity and Buddhism, some with more similarities than others, but all-in-all the religions are almost disturbingly similar when taken at face value.
>>
>>135194423
>Tolerance and kindness
>East Asian
They lack both of it.

Actually, tolerance and kindness are a characteristic of dying civilisations.
>>
>>135192570
Christians believe the only way to reach Him is through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, while Muslims believe that Jesus was not the Messiah and it was rather Muhammad. Big, BIG difference.
>>
>>135194659
Korea and Japan were literally rebuild by the United States after major wars. China has gone through major growing pains since the 70s and the majority of China is still undeveloped, only the coast and the largest population centers have changed. The same development wave is likely to hit India in the next 10-20 years, after which street shitting will be a meme. Don't pretend like urine and feces weren't literally poured out of windows into the street in 19th century Britain because there are cholera epidemics as proof.

Buddhism was and remains a philosophical fork of Hinduism, and both share the same underlying metaphysical understanding of the universe. How you choose to dress up the rest of the religions practices is of little importance.
>>
>>135195615
No, they are a symptom of dying western civilizations. Tolerance is a Christian heresy, the pretense of being more kind and forgiving than God. Eastern cultures can't be afflicted with tolerance-talk because there isn't a notion of Charity to be so corrupted. It's entirely alien to their being.
>>
>>135195266
>>135195266
>Japan is a Shinto country
It's 50% Shinto, 50% Buddhist you stupid cuck.
>>
>>135195735
Islamic escathology is almost the same as christian escathology though.

If anything, christianity is a bit more pagan as they used a lot of greek concepts, while Islam is more jewish
>>
>>135195465

>christians actively support invasion of the west
>that's just secularism bro

when will you realize christianity is just another jew trick? there are countless christian organizations and charities that bring refugees in and are directly responsible for the fall of europe, it's not just the pope.
>>
>>135195020
The non-practition issue actually would strike me as the big problem here. My layman's understanding tells me that originally the idea was for Christian people to grow up Jewish and then very literally be absolved of the strictures upon growing up and confirming their bond with Christ - note how both bar/bat mitzvahs and confirmations/communions tend to occur at around the same age in a given practitioner's lifetime. At some point this way must however have become lost for the most part, and today we have so many divergent dogmas that you can actually find two Christians who are farther apart theologically than, let's say, a Muslim and a Rodnover (Slavic neopagan) might be from one another.

Ultimately mistakes were made. Huge mistakes. And to a non-Christian it might sound like a copout to say that that not yet being the end is after all the point. But given some of the decline pre-Christian cultures saw, and the high culture that emerged from Christian cultures being ready to overthrow even their own dogma where it proved morally necessary, I would actually maintain that, yes, those areas touched by the Lord ultimately gained more than they lost or might yet lose from it. If not in credibility or kindness than in sheer survivability (most often sourced by these binding values of kindness and honorable action).
>>
File: trollingforalbacore.png (59KB, 387x341px) Image search: [Google]
trollingforalbacore.png
59KB, 387x341px
>>135195419
I respond the way I expect /pol/ to respond to me, with excessive cursing.
>turned their back on the Bible
Sorry, mate. You don't get to say "true Christian society would be perfect, if only they were more truely Christian". If they self-identify as Christian, they're Christian, and that's what Christianity has become.

And I'm always a troll.
>>
>>135195972
More like 30% buddhist.
>>
>>135196167
>than in sheer
Should have been "th-e-n", sorry about that
>>
File: 1500635226202.png (115KB, 1302x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1500635226202.png
115KB, 1302x1296px
>>135190336
>135190336
>>
>>135190336
>unironically supporting slave morality
Don't call yourself right wing.

The European man is better suited to a a master morality religion like Paganism.
>>
>>135195972
You're both wrong. It's 99% apathetic to metaphysical inquiry, with a hint of Shinto-Buddhist flavored mysticism. Getting bogged down in who believes what over there is meaningless - they don't believe in anything, not even themselves.
>>
>>135193654
I just searched for it
WTF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P4BJdOMce8
>>
File: 1500179812691.png (22KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500179812691.png
22KB, 1024x1024px
>>135190336
>Paganism begs to differ
>>
>>135191759
>i dont know about buddhism but let me talk about it
>>
>>135196110
Why would Christians bring a religion that's hostile to them?
Even the war in Syria was cataloged as Christian genocide.
>>
>>135196057
Well you see both Christianity and islam are parallel. In the Qu'ran Jesus appears and is revered, but Muhammad is the most divine prophet of them all.

Islam and Christianity are the same, and acknowledge the Jewish God. Neither are pagan at all - and neither are explicitly Jewish because in Judaism the Messiah still hasn't arrived yet.
>>
>>135196110
You (((secularist)))s can keep trying to gaslight Christendom, but it's too late now. We know what your connivers and propagandists have done. Everything is on the table or will be soon. Reconquista is coming, and you will have to go back. The West doesn't belong to your kind.
>>
>>135195735
Jesus is Messiah for Muslim.where you got that?
>>
File: Mani-Portrait.gif (45KB, 245x335px) Image search: [Google]
Mani-Portrait.gif
45KB, 245x335px
>>135190336
>>135191576
Humurously, Mani, the prophet and founder of Manichaeism, was the first to acknowledge
Zoroaster, Buddha, and Jesus as all enlightened.
>>
>>135190336
>Accept my religion about peace and love or die
Nah, fuck off christcuck/pajeet.
>>
>>135190336
At the same moment I realized Jesus was a Buddhist
>>
>buddhism
>religion

Buddha would be sad to see the state his teaching has devolved into.
>>
>>135190336
I am Jesus.
I am Buddha.
I am Mohammed.
Bring me your women.
>>
>>135196167
>Christianity is fragmented and Christians can be theologically farther apart than a Muslim and a Rodnover
So basically, there isn't even a clear definition of what being "Christian" means. Whatever, I'll just assume everybody knows how to be a good Christian.

You're still not addressing my question. If Jesus said to embrace the other on equal footing, then why is it that Christians make such a point to destroy the other and replace it with Christianity? On top of it all, you repeatedly point to the literal words of Jesus Christ and say true Christian society would be perfect, but the actual practices of self-identifying Christians repeatedly fail to fulfill to live up to the teachings of Jesus and rather than being punished for it, are absolved because Jesus died for it. The problem with this lack of accountability is it creates the paradox of a true Christian having no faults, but any observable deviation from true Christianity is forgivable, therefore merely "being" Christian in name only makes you a true Christian with no faults.
>>
>>135190336
They're both grooming cults. What difference does it make.
>>
ONLY TRUTH IS CHRIST
SOME CHINK HEATHEN NEVER GOT A DIVINE REVELATION JACKING OFF UNDER A TREE
>>
>>135196843
Jesus too. I think the only prophet that is happy with the state of the world is Mohammed.
>>
File: 1421220275302.png (224KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
1421220275302.png
224KB, 358x310px
>>135197207
Beautifully put.
>>
>>135194423
>They both preach about tolerance, kindness etc,

Except buddhism doesn't preach at all
>>
The reason I tend to identify with Paganism is because I love its lore and charm. So many folktales and mythologies are fascinating with many different meanings behind them. The same can be said for some of the teachings of Jesus and Buddha as well, but it is more about morality and life lessons. Mythology and folklore are personalized to the population and to their character, and have many lesson and astrology interweaved into the story.

My main appreciation for Paganism is that it isn't an answer or guideline to life. There aren't rules and dogma that one must follow, it was created by intellectuals that hid various meanings and teachings within its writings. It is sort of a pathway that lets you decide for yourself what the mysteries of the universe are, and to what the spiritual realm is. It is grounded in reality, but also in the spiritual fantasy of the imagination.

The problem is that so little is understood to what Pagans actually believed and followed. Christianity deliberately slandered and created false stories about Pagans in order to smear them when they decided to conquer. I don't blame Christians for this, but the corrupt church itself. The Catholic empire had been corrupt since its inception, and hasn't changed since.

What I am trying to say is that we can learn from the teachings of Jesus, as well from the stories and mysteries of Pagans. Each side has many truths, and I see them as pieces to a grand puzzle. Most Pagans are just larping morons who don't understand the knowledge and spirit of their ancestors, and most Christians are following a perverted version of the statist church. I think respecting Jesus and getting in touch with the spirits of our European ancestors (if you are European) is the best path towards enlightenment.

I don't do rituals of any sort, but reading about the past and trying to slip into the minds of our ancestors has changed me in a way I cant truly explain. It is something I encourage you all to try and tap into.
>>
File: shiva(1).jpg (138KB, 515x358px) Image search: [Google]
shiva(1).jpg
138KB, 515x358px
>>135196167

In your world, >>135197207 is a good post because it spreads the message of Jesus, and "minor disparaging treatment" of the other is forgivable as long as you accept Jesus as your lord and savior. From within, Christianity seems nice, but from outside, it's a monstrosity on par with Islam.

You judge a man not by how he treats his friends but by how he treats his enemies.
>>
The ultimate red pill is that Jesus, Buddha, and Muhammad didn't historically exist. I could explain in-depth if need be.

I find Hui Neng more interesting than Buddha anyways.
>>
While Buddha is a good character know that there is only our Lord Christ Jesus, and through Him can the flesh be saved and redeemed from Adam's sin which has led to our death. Just as He was risen through the Holy Spirit, so shall we be, and follow the teaching of our Lord to love God with all our heart and to love thy neighbor just as you would love yourself. May the world glorify God forever and peace be with you all. Amen.

11 I am to be no longer in the world, though these are in the world, for I am coming to You. Holy Father, through Your name keep those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are one. (John 17:11 MEV)
>>
>>135197447
Tolerance and kindness are secularist "virtues." Christian tradition doesn't concern itself with these bloodless imitations of virtue.
>>
>>135197764
it's a good post because the image of a fat man jacking off under a tree and philosophizing is funny. Don't pretend you're above this.
>>
>>135197807
>Buddha didn't exist

You don't know anything about buddhism, do you?
>>
>>135196843
>>135197807
>>135196691
found my next flag to filter
>>
>>135197807
why don't you try to suck your own cock
>>
>>135198157
I was a Soto Zen practitioner for 3 years. I actually find the arguments that Siddhartha was originally a tree shrine god that was euhemerized convincing. In Ch'an/Zen tradition Hui Neng and Bodhidharma are more important.
>>
>>135197886
I agree. Christian missionaries are a ploy of the church to gain more followers and power. That was always its point.

The thing is, what Christians are supposed to do and what they actually do are often completely different. This is why when I insult aspects of Christianity, it isn't Jesus or what his teachings are, but to what the behemoth church is today.

There is a reason why in Revelations(?) God says the first entity he will judge on judgment day is the church.
>>
>>135198279
Jesus dud not exist. Original Epistles treat him as a celestial spirit. Tacitus and thither sources were not credible to his existence. Early Christian sects were docetists but rivalry caused the belief of a historical Jesus to grow.
>>
>>135198614
On tablet, ignore typos. I could go more in-depth. But yeah, Muhammad didn't exist either.
>>
File: krishachibi.jpg (174KB, 900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
krishachibi.jpg
174KB, 900x1080px
>>135198063
That's completely true but only a non-Christian would find the humor in it, Christians get too caught up in "muh sacred seed" and "muh degeneracy".
>>
>>135198279
I try that sometimes but I'm too stiff. Feels bad man
>>
>>135197764
I think what you say can be summed up with Jesus' parable about the Pharisee and the Publican.
>He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness, and who despised all others. "Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this: 'God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn't even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Those who boast, who believe laws and rigid worldly discipline will save them, are no good. The ones who talk about needing a new Crusade to wipe out the sinners and heathens or those who shit upon everybody who doesn't pray the Rosary every morning are held in less favour in God's eyes than a humble sinner. God does not demand perfection, he demands faith, that is the difference between the Pharisees and actual Christians, Pharisees believe works justify them, Christians know faith justifies them.

Those Christians who seem like Muslims are what Christ would call Pharisees.
>>
>>135198614
Any good sites in mind to read more? I have read similar things, but always end up mixed on the matter. Still unsure either way sometimes.
>>
File: IMG_0250.png (4MB, 1292x8757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0250.png
4MB, 1292x8757px
>>135198614
His resurrection is a pillar of Christianity, the Apostles were His testimony for they saw the risen Christ and bestowed on them the Holy Spirit.
>>
>>135198614
The early epistles and Paul treat him as a celestial being that people know through divine revelation, and the Gospels were altered a lot in the beginning by early Christian rival sects to give the impression of Jesus being a historical figure (ie "Euhemerism")

Tacitus, Jospehus, and Tallus are not reliable evidence too for obvious reasons

Also, there are way too many parallels to the death and resurrection savior gods to take the Jesus myth seriously
>>
>>135191576
Abrahamic religions borrowed heavily from Zoroastrianism
>>
>>135198407
I know about that, I just found it strange that you've practiced zen and still refer to Siddhartha as a god, and that you care whether he existed at all.
>>
File: 6786879456.jpg (134KB, 640x815px) Image search: [Google]
6786879456.jpg
134KB, 640x815px
>>135190336
you wot?
>>
File: saitama.jpg (114KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
saitama.jpg
114KB, 2048x1152px
>>135198856
Jesus seems like a bretty cool guy 5/5.
>>
>>135198866
I recommend videos of Richard Carrier.

In regards to Muhammad, he did not exist either. He was a fictitious creation of Rashidun Arabs based off bastardized Arabic translation of Aramaic texts. Rashidun wanted a way to subjugate nom-Arab ethnicities more easily, so they made up this Muhammad figure and interpolated him in poor Arabic translation of Aramaic texts. You know "virgins in heaven" could means grapes on a vine in Aramaic?
>>
>>135199469
The original purpose was to control non Arabs? Ironic to say the least.
>>
>>135199130
Just that he did not exist as a historical person and was originally a tree shrine god.
>>
>>135200001
Fine
>>
>>135190336
lol Christianity is shit

get rid of Christianity, Islam, Catholicism and Judaism and the rest of the world could probably live in piece

other religions dont insist on making laws and regs for their sky fairys... they have all fucked up history for ages.... just because you were raised christian doesnt mean its ok... its just as mentally brain fucked as the rest....

its ok i was in one of their cults once too... you can be free
>>
>>135198856
And Muslims and degenerates have no faith and also get in the way of our faith, we have no association with them and making sure they don't have business with us especially in our lands is a must.
http://www.openbible.info/topics/unbelievers
They are also evil, God definitely hates evil and wouldn't mind we cleanse the world of it.
http://www.openbible.info/topics/evil
Degenerates also normalize sin, God does not demand perfection of course, and is ready to forgive, but how can he forgive those who don't even see the evil in their actions?
They are also not our brothers, God only wants us to treat our brothers the way we would ourselves.
God also actually commends their death in self defense, such were the crusades.
God also wants Justice.
http://www.openbible.info/topics/justice
http://www.openbible.info/topics/self_defense
God looks down equally on all his followers, but only his followers.
There is redemption only through Christ, and his word.
Those who deny the word of Christ and God are not followers.
Example is Gay people who claim to follow Christ and see nothing wrong with their actions.
These people are actively blurring out a statement in the bible, therefore they are not believers.
If you are Claiming to be Christian know your faith, or else you'd be a lying
>>
File: 1424991233782.png (242KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
1424991233782.png
242KB, 500x474px
>>135199469
This is some high level of retardation.
>>
>>135199992
Lol, yeah. Any non-Arab who follows Islam is heavily ignorant of history.

Anyways, the best thing to come to this world was values from European enlightenment valuing free inquiry imo.
>>
>>135200661
>was
were*
>>
>>135198614
Neither did Aristotle, Charlemagne and Julius Ceaser then.
>>
>>135200855
Aristotle and Plato existed, but it is dubious whether Socrates did. I do not think Socrates did.

Other two figures most certainly existed?
>>
>>135200661
Agreed brother
>>
>>135190615
http://www.bibleprobe.com/buddhatoldofjesus.htm
>>
File: 1475068274807.jpg (27KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475068274807.jpg
27KB, 554x400px
>Deus Vult posters on /pol/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Zo9vALQss
>>
File: Conquistador1.jpg (2MB, 3000x1971px) Image search: [Google]
Conquistador1.jpg
2MB, 3000x1971px
>>135201083
There is equal evidence of Christ's existence and those other two figures.
Only things that can be regarded as evidence from the past is writing and maybe drawings.
Why are the many Roman sources that cite Christ's existence less credible then the sources that cite the existence of Julius Caesar and Charlemagne?
>>
>>135195001
He gave loud, elaborate speeches in public places, warning about damnation and offering salvation. He called everyone sinners. He said he loved sinners most of all. He got pissed off at his closest followers when they didn't understand his crazy parables. Jesus was a very interesting fellow. He was certainly meek and kind to everyone, but Jesus also proclaimed to thousands of people that they were going to hell unless they ate of his flesh because he was the bread of God. Jesus was either the son of God or an insane street preacher with 99 charisma and a decent message.

Buddha sat under a tree and wrote some neat pieces of wisdom. The two aren't really comparable. However, their core philosophies are pretty similar. Both caution their followers against obsessing over worldly desires and material things. Both stress the nature of man as being sinful/evil and that work must be done to atone for sins or push negative thoughts from your mind. And they were both pacifists.
>>
>>135201460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dKwHOfd2dk
>>
>>135197100
You're correct, I actually somewhat talked past you there and must assure you of my regret. What you describe, however, is in fact the strength of the arrangement: The individual may slip, but this then only serves to guide the rest of us toward idiot-proofing our societies on the go. A given "Christian" might be Christian in name only, yet by simply sticking to the core belief - that even God himself, upon actually living a life as Man, came to accept the imperfection of creation and account for it from then on - and taking responsibility not because he must, but because he legitimately sees the value of it, still qualifies and enjoys the protection and full support of the rest of us, who do not presume any higher authority in the awareness of our own human and all-too-human flaws until we definitely and absolutely have to. "Nobody is perfect" is a guiding principle for bigger reasons than most people realise (and I would therefore ask you to not accuse me of claiming perfection for even a hypothetical Christian society).

Where you look at Christian missionary history (the tale of the Old God Hades and his conversion springs to mind), you will find that pre-existing faiths were more often than not simply re-branded rather than subdued, but with the understanding that they would from then on "check themselves before they wreck themselves", forgoing strict judgment in favor of social cohesion (Irish Catholic history and, say, the Voodoo faith with its god-saint-identifications are good examples of this happening in the West, while Russian Orthodoxy stands out as the poster child further out East). The core point is thus to take fear of Man's inner abysses away so as to allow a "lifestyle" of higher ideals and larger-than-life convictions in a step up from idolatry and punishment culture such as what can still be observed in the Middle East and Africa today. (cont.)
>>
>>135195266
That is 100% wrong. China is mostly Chinese Folk Religion +Taoism + Buddhism. Korea is mostly atheist and is split between Buddhism and Catholicism. Japan is mostly Shinto.
>>
File: Sorry.png (278KB, 442x446px) Image search: [Google]
Sorry.png
278KB, 442x446px
>>135201736
It has been long prophesied that fedoras and Christcuks will one day meet to decide who is more autistic.

This battle will destroy the earth as we know it, and several Sonic OC fanverses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q19qRUBj-ic
>>
>>135201825
The trade-off is that the Old Testament, which remember is meant to have been fulfilled and rendered obsolete by Christ's fate, must still of course be kept around as a guide to what not to do and the bulk of at least American Christians has taken to the practice of OT "Christianity" as a result of cultural Judaification (look it up, there's even something called Judaised Churches), therein somewhat ironically committing the one form of ancient faith that is explicitly the root of every evil Christ redeemed his people from (as by practicing it they effectively deny the Christ as messiah). Why and how this exactly happened I do not know, but for most of history even Catholics referred to this specific approach as "apostasy", and it may serve to illustrate why the literal word of the savior is supposed to be so important. Where one presumes for oneself to be forgiven just like that and perfect as one is, one is in violation of the faith, but where such absolution is offered by those who share in the faith it is made whole if one's actions can be justified within the moral code of one's given denomination -by the community that they affect- and one thereafter works to redemption.
>>
File: dharmatrad.jpg (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
dharmatrad.jpg
32KB, 250x250px
Buddhism is bro tier fork of Hinduism but Cucktianity is for cucks, just like Izlam.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>135190336

Hindu, Buddhism, and Shinto are the best religions.

Taoism and Confucianism are a bit too outdated.
>>
File: Central_Asian_Buddhist_Monks.jpg (173KB, 470x591px) Image search: [Google]
Central_Asian_Buddhist_Monks.jpg
173KB, 470x591px
Jesus was a political actor and he tried to reform Judaism 2000 years ago. Christianity is a political reformation movement for Jews from 2000 years ago. Christianity has nothing to do with you unless you are Jewish and/or 2000 years old. It is too bad that Western morality is predicated upon Christianity because it has weakened the West. Christians are not crusading anymore so don't start posting DEUS VULT memes. Jesus was a cool guy though and so was Siddhārtha. Both ideologies are shit if you are living in the modern world that is suffering from the kike globalists and the death of true non-pacifist-faggot virtue. Both men would tell you to "let it go because all that matters is the afterlife" which is the most ultimately wasteful way to live your life if you axe me home boy
>>
File: chibishiva2.jpg (271KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
chibishiva2.jpg
271KB, 752x1063px
>>135202320
I think higher of Christianity because of this, but I am still of the opinion that proselytizers of the faith vary drastically from what you've said in their effort to persuade people to join the faith. I personally prefer the philosophy of dharma as a social standard
>>
>>135201825
>>135202320
I have to be leaving. Anyway though, I hope that this somewhat cleared things up - and I am certain someone else will call all I wrote bullshit right ITT but they are forgiven.
>>
>>135196057
>>135196057
>If anything, christianity is a bit more pagan as they used a lot of greek concepts,

You're describing the Catholic Church, Protestants, Anglican Church, and the Orthodox. The Orthodox and the Catholics adopted pagan customs and symbols to appease the pagans to easily convert them. The beliefs in clergies, Trinity, hell, afterlive, immortal soul, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, are all pagan adopted customs diguised as Christian.

None of those is taught in the Bible.
>>
>>135196691
Mani, bit of an odd one.
>>
>>135200581
>And Muslims and degenerates have no faith and also get in the way of our faith, we have no association with them and making sure they don't have business with us especially in our lands is a must.
I agree, but violence must always be defensive in nature. The Christian way would be to legislate against immoral Islamic practice, then use the law to cause them to stop or leave or practice their faith only in private.
>They are also evil, God definitely hates evil and wouldn't mind we cleanse the world of it.
They aren't evil, they do evil deeds, but they aren't evil. Hate the sin, not the sinner, Christ loved sinners, which is exactly why he tried to teach them to be good.
>Degenerates also normalize sin, God does not demand perfection of course, and is ready to forgive, but how can he forgive those who don't even see the evil in their actions?
He doesn't, as God's mercy only extends as a gift to those willing to have faith in Christ and thus follow his lead. If they reject that message, Christ knows them not, and they will be rejected.
>They are also not our brothers, God only wants us to treat our brothers the way we would ourselves.
Simply untrue.
>God also actually commends their death in self defense, such were the crusades.
That's abhorrently untrue.
>God also wants Justice.
Obviously.
>God looks down equally on all his followers, but only his followers.
I don't know what you mean by "looking down" here. Obviously not all are equal, otherwise everybody would go to the same place when they die, but some go to Hell and others go to Heaven. The faithful are obviously in his favour, but that does not give us the authority of God, to dispense justice on his behalf, he wishes for us to be humble.
>Example is Gay people who claim to follow Christ and see nothing wrong with their actions.
>These people are actively blurring out a statement in the bible, therefore they are not believers.
Obviously, they are committing an abomination before God.
>>
File: 1487449560504s.jpg (2KB, 99x103px) Image search: [Google]
1487449560504s.jpg
2KB, 99x103px
>You can achieve enlightenment by eliminating all desire
>To do this you have to desire enlightenment
>If you eliminate the desire for enlightenment then you will not pursue it/never achieve it
>If you do not eliminate the desire for enlightenment then you will pursue it but you will never achieve it
>>
>>135192140
Christianity is basically a choice, to accept a free gift basically. That gift being the grace and salvation of Jesus Christ, to be free from sin. Sin is basically all the bad stuff that humanity succumbs to like lying, cheating, murder, stealing, etc. basically whatever guilt or shame you felt from your bad actions, God can take it away from you. If you choose to follow Jesus, then you'll start to see a change in your life. But the path isn't guaranteed to be safe. You'll still experience pain and misfortune, but basically being a Christian makes all the bad stuff in life more tolerable. NOT EASIER. God loves you and wants a personal relationship with you. You can spend time with him praying, reading the Bible, etc. but from what I've learned is that he doesn't communicate back on the spot. He works through people, and he puts the right people in life who will encourage and build you as a person. Sometimes he can appear as a mirical, which happens to people more than you think. Or maybe as an opportunity of sort. This is just stuff I've experienced, I mean yea you'll die and go to heaven and blah blah everyone knows that, but yea, you can fuck up all you want, God will still love you. But I wouldn't recommend fucking up on purpose butttt yea. Being a Christian is a personal experience, so you can decide whether or not you wanna follow God. It's all up to you.
>>
File: Happy Stalin.png (788KB, 678x628px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Stalin.png
788KB, 678x628px
>>135193746
Thanks Commie friend. You are correct, Jesus is God.
>>
>>135203476
The first part I can't contest. Many have "lost the way" and disturbingly that exact phrasing is what Muslims now often use to rally their own set of Abrahamics against Christendom - but we shall see; I think it is the Jains who first taught of how a faith, even one without Gods, can sometimes be forgotten and then restored, and we do have that promise of His second coming floating around.

As for dharma, I have never really looked into the exact philosophy, but shall remedy this at the next opportunity. I am glad that I could help you see our faith in a better light, have occasion to broaden my own horizon now thanks to you and, that said, now -really- ought to be going. Take care, anon.
>>
>>135205459
>To do this you have to desire enlightenment
This doesn't follow
>>
>>135203905
>Trinity, hell, afterlive, immortal soul
>none of those is taught in the Bible

You must have a rather literal understanding of the Bible
>>
Hindus have fucking aliens that nuke cities in the Vedas.
>>
>>135205459

The idea is along the lines of "being good just to get to heaven doesn't mean you're good enough to enter heaven".
>>
>>135205677
Why would someone pursue enlightenment if they don't desire enlightenment? Why act in favor of some outcome that you don't want to occur in the first place?

>>135205981
The desire to get into heaven or the desire to be good for any other reason is still desire, and if desire exists whatsoever then you cannot achieve enlightenment.
>>
>>135190336
Buddha and Jesus were a bunch of hippies but \pol\ hates Mohammed who waged war on non believers and built an empire. Really makes me think.
>>
File: 1499903189214.gif (2MB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
1499903189214.gif
2MB, 200x293px
>>135191759
>Buddhism is a good religion because it allows me to still be a mindless materialist consumerist
>>
>>135191576
isn't christianity a derivative of zoroastrian?
>>
>>135190336
>tfw Buddhism is the only religion that says you're free to worship more than just Buddhism
>tfw all the other religions say if you worship more than just them you're going to hell

:(
>>
>>135205459
Buddha actually acknowledged this paradox, he said that you must also let go of letting go. I think this is what keeps Buddhism from going full-suicide tier, because to go that far would mean you clearly hold a desire to die, but you must free yourself even from the desire to free yourself from desire.
>>
>>135193036
shaolin monks were buddhist

the original buddhist asskickers
>>
>>135206206

Yeah the idea is to make it a habit and just do it.

Also there's nothing wrong with desire, but you can't be controlled by your desire. If you want to fuck that girl across the hall then that's fine, but don't obsess over her and ruin your life trying to fuck her.
>>
>>135203270
taoism and confucianism aren't religions
>>
File: (you)_cute.png (783KB, 1300x1080px) Image search: [Google]
(you)_cute.png
783KB, 1300x1080px
>>135205509
You seem like a nice christian. Have a (you).
>>
File: rudra.jpg (114KB, 546x849px) Image search: [Google]
rudra.jpg
114KB, 546x849px
>>135205777
It's some fucking scary ass shit anon.
t. hindu
>>
>>135207040

Yes they are. They incorporated chinese folk religion and ancestral spirits. The philosophy itself can just apply without the mythology so foreigners generally ignore it because only the Chinese really understand the mythological parts.
>>
>>135194659
What shiting has to do with religion?
>>
File: Remphan.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Remphan.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
>>135206479
Christianity is a derivative of Judaism which is a derivative of moon-cult worship as practiced by Jews in Egypt.
>ProTip: The Jews were never slaves in Egypt.

>>135206633
>Buddha actually acknowledged this paradox
I didn't know that. Can you show me?

>>135206858
>Yeah the idea is to make it a habit and just do it.
I can get behind that, but I'm pretty sure that Siddhārtha was all about the elimination of desire and not the control of desire. I always thought that Buddhism would be a lot more practical if it focused on the willed/active control and direction of desire instead of its absolute removal, which seems impossible/paradoxical.

Somebody needs to kill the Pope so we can get started on the Orange Catholic Bible already.
>>
>>135206479
To some extent, yes. The three magi that visited Jesus were Zoroastrian, and the time/place of the birth of Jesus was accurately predicted in Zoroastrian scriptures thousands of years before his birth.

Zoroastrianism is more comprehensive, but to some extent unnecessary. There's demonology in it for example (know your enemy), which has unfortunately been abused by certain groups. Christianity is a watered-down simplification, but more practical for common people, essentially taking the gist of what Zoroastrianism preaches without the clutter that could drive someone to insanity.
>>
>>135207474
Judaism used to be polytheistic before Cyrus freed the Jews and gave them Israel.
>>
>>135192140
>What are the major beliefs of Christianity and what does it mean to be a Christian?
Well, what I got from actually reading the Bible (specifically the New Testament, since we're talking about Christianity) was:

Above all, Love God.
Loving your neighbor is easy, what really counts is loving your Enemy.
If you have done wrong not only should you do what is expected to atone, you should go above and beyond.
Respect and abide by the laws of the land
The prohibitions of God are ways to live, not rules to be punished for breaking, they exist to guide you not control you.
The people in need of the most help are often the very people you scorn, hate, or are disgusted by.
The proud Christian who loudly proclaims his faith in public is false, a true Christian prays quietly behind closed doors.
Any place where people are gathered together as a community is a place of worship and holiness.
Gathering great wealth is only going to make you an evil person, because you'll have to do evil things to get it.

There's other kinda common sense shit, that's all I feel like typing out right meow.
>>
File: chibishiva.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
chibishiva.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>135205459
You're westernizing it too much.
>desire is the need to change the material circumstances of one's existence
>the need to change the material existence stems from attachment to desire
>accept that the material existence is a manifestation of your desire
>your desire is fulfilled because your material existence no longer needs to change
>>
>>135207474

There are multiple different kinds of buddhism. In the west most people know about Zen and it's the soto school. That school is a lot of meditation and living as basic as possible. Although the west loves to add some tibetan buddhism stuff to it. Western Buddhism is really it's own amalgamation.

Won buddhism came around 1900 and is more about incorporating buddhism into every day life.
>>
>>135207879
This is basically all that's needed.

Good thoughts, Good words, Good deeds. The hows are explained without much complication/clutter.
>>
>>135190336
Taoism is pretty good too desu.
>>
File: Kramer.gif (4MB, 443x312px) Image search: [Google]
Kramer.gif
4MB, 443x312px
>>135207625
>he three magi that visited Jesus were Zoroastrian
pic related

>>135207955
Well I like this a lot more. Is this what Evola was talking about in Men Among the Ruins?
>Against all forms of resentment and social competition, every person should acknowledge and love his station in life, which best corresponds to his own nature, thus acknowledging the limits within which he can develop his potential; and should give an organic sense to his life and achieve its perfection, since an artisan who perfectly fulfills his function is certainly superior to a king who does not live up to his dignity.

>>135208113
All of my theology professors have been ex-Catholics who "opened their eyes" and casually/insincerely embraced whichever Eastern religion was popular at the time so I'm pretty sure that I don't have an "encompassing" understanding of Buddhism. What should I look into if I am look for the non-distilled core/foundations of Buddhism?
>>
File: shivachibi.png (152KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
shivachibi.png
152KB, 491x750px
>>135207955
To simplify by example -
>i want a comfier bed
>i want a comfier bed because i feel my bed is not comfy enough
>the fact that i feel my bed is not comfy enough is a result of the progression of my understanding of comfiness and its relation to the thread count, smug level, and futon fluffiness .
>now i understand my bed is the best manifestation of comfiness the universe could come up with for me now
>>
>>135190336
let's put our efforts to exterminate the only religion that's actually affecting humanity in a negative way
>Islam
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 704x528px
>>135208607
>>
File: 1432675698166.png (110KB, 381x448px) Image search: [Google]
1432675698166.png
110KB, 381x448px
Read Heraclitus, Nietzsche, and Stirner instead.
>>
>>135208823
>Islam
>the only religion causing harm

Found the Marrano
>>
File: shiva_dance.jpg (16KB, 236x333px) Image search: [Google]
shiva_dance.jpg
16KB, 236x333px
>>135208607
>every person should acknowledge and love his station in life
Yes, that's a description of the philosophy of dharma.
>an artisan who perfectly fulfills his function is certainly superior to a king who does not live up to his dignity
Fulfilling your dharma is a form of yoga (dharma yoga) and is a path to nirvana. As you fulfill your dharma, you become more and more aware of your role in the universal dharma, the path of the collective consciousness, and at the same time your dharma becomes a clearer and clearer reflection of the universal dharma. That process is the path to enlightenment, and when you fully comprehend the flow of dharma you have achieved nirvana.

At least, that's how I would explain it as a Hindu talking about Buddhism.
>>
>>135209110
what other religions cause harm at the scale of Islam?
>>
File: Crusades7.jpg (222KB, 1112x800px) Image search: [Google]
Crusades7.jpg
222KB, 1112x800px
>>135204779
I still believe that the lives of Infidels have no value and at maximum, sending them to Hell is seen in the eyes of God as acceptable or at worse a very minor sin.
>They are also not our brothers, God only wants us to treat our brothers the way we would ourselves.
What kind of brother is one that consciously or subconsciously wants you and your faith dead?
>God also actually commends their death in self defense, such were the crusades.
The crusades were in defense of the native Christian of the middle east, and were well deserved.
Sometimes the people running it were retards but the overall motivation was justified.
It would be crazy to argue that we should have left the Mohammedan Donkeys keep the Holy Lands and let them enslave Christians in them without a fight.
Except the 4th one, that was just a plain disgrace.
>The faithful are obviously in his favour, but that does not give us the authority of God, to dispense justice on his behalf, he wishes for us to be humble.
I stand strongly against this, I cannot be humble as long as there are evildoers whose very existence is a disturbance to the peace on earth
Once treats to our Religion are dealt with, I will be forever humble.
>Obviously, they are committing an abomination before God.
Thus they shall be Killed, and if they have true faith in Christ they will be sparred, or burn forever in hellfire.
http://www.openbible.info/topics/capital_punishment
If my beliefs are indeed sinful, then I will hopefully be forgiven through Christ, or burn in eternal fire for the Greater Good.
>>
>>135208607

Find out what type of buddhism you feel would relate most to you.

There are free materials online for won buddhism from their official website or you can buy The Principal Book of Won-Buddhism Korean-English edition on Amazon.

You can also read the lotus sutra, but I would advise just doing some wikipedia strolling at first to get a basic understanding of the 4 noble truths and the 8 fold path.

But is mostly boils down to:

Don't be a dick, keep an open mind, accept that some people won't be able to understand your view because they have a different background, and don't let your desires determine how you live your life.

The Lotus Sutra is the most prominent Sutra so you can probably find that online. I know Amazon has it for $30.
>>
File: Montgomery_Ala_Protest_1961.jpg (300KB, 653x584px) Image search: [Google]
Montgomery_Ala_Protest_1961.jpg
300KB, 653x584px
>>135209444
You are right, a bunch of subnormal-IQ desert nomads riding around on camels who could not exist without outside financing/leadership/support are the #1 (and only) enemy of the civilized Western world.
>>
File: autismpatient.gif (501KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
autismpatient.gif
501KB, 342x342px
>>135210401
I think Jews are the enemy of the civilized Western world, and niggers and mudshits are (((their))) tools.
>>
>>135210401
Ok, but could you tell me what religions specifically?
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.