[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vatican II was a mistake. The Church needs to return to her

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 12

File: the-church-militant.jpg (167KB, 788x525px) Image search: [Google]
the-church-militant.jpg
167KB, 788x525px
Vatican II was a mistake.

The Church needs to return to her Latin roots.

There are millions of Catholics around the world. The Latin Mass kept most of them in the conservative camp.

The cucked Novus Ordo Mass is creating millions of soft liberal pussies.

Fruits of Vatican II

>rampant pedophilia
>increase in gay priests
>shitty modernist architecture
>no more Latin
>people dressing like plebs to go to mass
>lack of faith or understand of core doctrine
>lack of respect for authority and hierarchy
>severe lack of priests, nuns and monks
>churches closing and consolidating
>Pope Francis, need I say more

Vatican II needs to go. Nothing in the council was dogmatic. It could all get thrown out tomorrow with the stroke of a pen.
>>
File: 1499907653100.png (420KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499907653100.png
420KB, 1000x500px
>>
Christianity needs to remodel itself so that it's the church Jews fear

the vatican is a joke at this
>>
File: jose streel2.jpg (256KB, 1419x1939px) Image search: [Google]
jose streel2.jpg
256KB, 1419x1939px
>>135075859
The church used to be like that before the 60s
>>
>>135075100
It's too late. The Roman Catholic church is already moving to become the church of the antichrist.
>>
>>135075100
All of the problems you listed have nothing to do with Vatican II and are just symptoms of pre-existing conditions afflicting Christianity as a whole.
>>
>>135076130
Evil can never prevail against the Church

>>135076202
True

But Vatican II is a figurehead of this movement within Catholicism
>>
>>135076391
And it's a fucking stupid hill to die on. Boohoo, the Bible is printed in languages other than Latin and the minutiae of rituals were changed; these things don't matter in the big picture. The things killing Christianity are the things that have always been killing it and will continue to kill it even if you return to some mythical time [x] years ago.
>>
>>135075100
this is true.
t. rad trad cat
>>
File: IMG_9822.jpg (97KB, 1024x718px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9822.jpg
97KB, 1024x718px
>>135075100
Come to sedevacatism
>>
>>135076801
>minutiae

Its much deeper than that you fucking idiot
>>
>>135077345
Convince me its not heresy
>>
>>135075100
There's nothing good about christcuckery. There's no way to make it less shit because it always was shit.
>>135076106
>>135077397
Pictures of faggots, that definitely proves some point.
>>
>>135077807
Jose Streel is more of a man than you'll ever be
>>
>>135076801
Latin is truly universal, since it belongs to no living population. Italian, Spanish, and even English have national ties and thus promote division: Latin is universal and thus joins together all who learn it. The trick is that it takes a bit of commitment to learn a second language, and people got lazy ib the sixties. Sunt vero nonnulli, diversarum gentium et per totum orbem terrarum dispersi, qui etiam hodie Latine colloquantur nec sine facundia.
>>
>>135077951
No, a faggot is less of a man than anyone. Don't you catholics hate gays? Why would you be promoting faggots, isn't that a sin?
>>135078139
>since it belongs to no living population.
Yeah, exactly, know one speaks it. Maybe if you want people to use Latin make people speak it conversationally. But no one will because its a long dead language.
>>
>>135078522
>no one speaks it

Yes which is why its perfect for ritual

The meaning of words change over time.

For example...gay. Im having a gay time in the 20s meant something different than today

Latin is a dead language which means the meaning of the word can never change. Which is perfect when you are trying to establish unchangeable doctrine which is dogmatically defined.

Why are libertarians so fucking retarded? When are you going to recognize that the free market cannot regulate morality...and a society that lacks moral values is a society bent for destruction.
>>
>>135077397
Young Pope was a pretty comfy series to watch
>>
>>135078522
Nec videris ultimam meam sententiam legisse.
>>
>>135077345

Sedevacantism is exactly like protestantism, in that their faith is defined by an attachment to dead, lifeless creatures so they don't have to submit to the authority of God's living Church.

While the protestants take refuge in sola scriptura, venerating the ink and paper itself rather than the spirit behind the bible, the sedevacantists similarly latch on to old traditions and documents.

The only way to salvation is through the living Church that Christ himself established, and carried on by the successors of Peter.

Sedevacantism is just protestantism with incense.
>>
>>135078996
hell yeah I hope they renew for season 2
>>
>>135078845
>Yes which is why its perfect for ritual
Rituals should be performed so that most of the people involved don't know what's being said? What's the point of ritual where no one knows what's happening?
>>135078996
If you like garbage. You probably liked Umaru too.
>>
File: hope-you-guessed-my-name.jpg (62KB, 627x400px) Image search: [Google]
hope-you-guessed-my-name.jpg
62KB, 627x400px
It is ripe for the Antichrist.
Even riper for the False Prophet
>>
>>135079360
The mass is done for God not for the people

Thats exactly why Vatican II is wrong. It substitutes the people for God.

Thanks for proving my point

You have created a religion based on the people...and not one based on God.

>>135079519
>hurrr durr
>>
>>135079360
>What's the point of ritual where no one knows what's happening?
Somehow, despite the Romans being dead for over a thousand years, this wasn't a problem until 1959. Partly, that's because the laity knew what was going on thanks to catechism and early education. Partly, it's because before the end of the nineteenth century anyone with an education knew Latin and used it to communicate anything of international importance, since everyone educated could read it. The loss of Latin as an international language of mathematics, law and science (as well as religion) was one of the hallmarks of the modern degeneracy that came to grip the world in the past couple of centuries.
>>
>>135079220
whew lad

the living church is the holy spirit, not some hopped up Bishop and a council of pedophiles
>>
>>135075100
Say it with me ONE WORLD RELIGION
>>
>>135080644
Yes the living church is a tool shed, pastor Bubba and a handful of snakes
>>
>>135081083
>Yes the living church is a tool shed, pastor Bubba and a handful of snakes
>implying pentecostals are protestants
>>
>>135081393
This is how it works

If you protest against the authority of the Pope and make up your own bullshit you are a Protestant.

If you protest against the authority of the Pope and basically keep everything the same you are Orthodox.

If you protestant against the authority of the pope and then make up your own bullshit but add aliens, white people and harems you get mormons
>>
>>135080291

>used it to communicate anything of international importance

no, that would be french. within the church the universal language was indeed latin though.
>>
>>135075100
Imagine thinking Vatican II is solely to blame for all these problems, and not the fact that the Roman Catholic Church doesn't follow the Bible.
>>
Fuck you! I will not listen my mass in Greek.
>>
>>135081812
>If you protest against the authority of the Pope and basically keep everything the same you are Orthodox.
What makes Americans believe that Ortodoxy don't change? It's pure ignorance or wishful thinking?
>>
File: :HRE.png (951KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
:HRE.png
951KB, 2000x1333px
>>135082285
Too bad the Catholic Church's authority was the one to create the Bible
>>
>>135081911
> no, that would be french.
Wew, lad. What did Euler write in? How about Francis Bacon? How about scientific dissertations in your own country, Hans, up through the nineteenth century? Here's a nice one from Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität in Bonn on biological fluorescence under ultraviolet light: https://books.google.com/books?id=ng85AAAAcAAJ
French was only ever an international language of diplomacy, and only briefly. Latin was the backbone of the West's science up until English filled that role; it still was required in botany up until 2012: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/plants/10911055/No-more-Latin-Botany-rebooted-for-the-21st-century.html

Latin was a universal language for the church precisely because Latin was important for communicating everything else internationally and thus was available to everyone in Christendom. When universities stopped requiring Latin of the elite, it was only a matter of time before Vatican II withdrew Latin from the Mass, because people didn't understand it anymore. Even the Church doesn't really get this, but Latin's importance to the Church depended on its secular importance, which was ubiquitous among the educated until the end of the nineteenth century. You couldn't make the argument for dropping Latin from the Mass before people stopped being educated in Latin, and they couldn't skip Latin until the late nineteenth century.
>>
>>135083453
Enlighten us then o wise hungarian
>>
File: 4u7ekargqhry-1.jpg (260KB, 1118x1684px) Image search: [Google]
4u7ekargqhry-1.jpg
260KB, 1118x1684px
>>135083485
roasted lol
>>
>>135083697
You know Orthodox churches have their own synods and councils where they decide upon religious matters. They implement changes and reforms too, just like catholics do. Pretending that orthodxy is the most ancient and purest form of kikeonastick is just ignorant.
>>
>>135083485

>French was only ever an international language of diplomacy

I thought that this is what you meant with "international importance". I apologize for my terrible reading comprehension.

Having learnt Latin for several years at school myself, i can understand why they switched to English in the scientific realm. Much easier to learn and to handle, well at least for Europeans. But that's just my perspective.
>>
>>135084402
It was just a generalization an oversimplification

But compared to modern Catholicism I don't think its changed all that much
>>
>>135075100
I agree, but how would we go about achieving an undoing of Vatican II?
>>
>>135075100

>implying I give a flying fuck about some sandnigger religion

Kys faggot, so you can go up to space and hang with your magical sandnigger
>>
>>135084055

>Yfw tay-tay is actually a kike-kike
>>
>>135075100
>rampant pedophilia
>increase in gay priests
This all happend before vatican II, I'm quite sure there hasn't been any change in this.

>shitty modernist architecture
>no more Latin
>people dressing like plebs to go to mass
>lack of faith or understand of core doctrine
I completly agree with you on these points, but it probably slowed the decrease of catholicism a bit.

>lack of respect for authority and hierarchy
>severe lack of priests, nuns and monks
>churches closing and consolidating
These things would have happend anyway.
You are simply describing how the world changed instead of how Vatican II changed the world.
>>
>>135075100
The Blessed Mother did say the devil has infiltrated the Church :-\
>>
>>135075100
I feel like /pol/ only pushes Christianity to fight degeneracy and somehow fight (((them))) but they don't actually believe in it or practice it
>>
>>135086761
Francis are susceptible to popular movements

If they see a huge number of Catholics are against them they will make concessions.

The modernists will blow with the wind. Most of the, are pretty old now so they should just die off
>>
>>135087917
I can't speak for anyone else here but I go to mass every weekend, I am a catechist (Sunday School) and I also volunteer within my church, I used to be an altar server with my brothers growing up.

>>135087746
Vatican II might not be the root of all evil but it is an easy place to start the attack against degeneracy within the church
>>
File: 1498230573464.png (88KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
1498230573464.png
88KB, 207x239px
>>135086983
nice edge, very sharp
>>
>>135088257
Even so abolishing vatican II wouldn't truely change anything. I think it's a shame a lot of tradition was abolished but it's good that the common man who didn't learn Latin in school understands the mass.
I understand you frustation with how things are going but I don't see the problem with the church.
>>
File: 1500248053559.png (375KB, 328x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500248053559.png
375KB, 328x960px
>>135086983
>>
>>135089195
Maybe not but it would be a step in the right direction.

The church needs to put itself at odds with modern society instead of trying to accompany it.

What the Vatican should be doing is focusing on education. Rebuilding the schools and institutions to create better Catholics.

Getting rid of V2 shows they are serious about reconstructing the traditional values and practices of the church
>>
>>135089782
There are already plenty of conservative catholic institutions and societies. I don't see how alienating the church from the rest of the world (except probably Africa) will help the world.
I don't see how robbing people of a mass they understand and making the priest wear a funny hat makes people more conservative.
>>
>>135083469
The Bible wasn't "created" at the Council of Trent.
>>
>>135075100

>An all powerful, all knowing, omnipotent god gives a fuck which version of the hokey-pokey simpletons decide to do on Sundays.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.