[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he didn't go to Oxbridge or top 3 ivy league university

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: download (3).jpg (8KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
8KB, 310x163px
>he didn't go to Oxbridge or top 3 ivy league university
>he thinks reading books at home or on a commute compare to reading the books in an intellectually edifying environment where you have your critiques torn to shreds by world class academics
>he thinks he can have worthwhile career opportunities when committees, networking opportunities, public respect OVERWHELMINGLY goes towards alumni of the top few institutions

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Keep reading Seneca on the conmute (LMAO) surrounded by single mothers and street sweepers. I'm sure it's really enlightening. And I'm sure your low prestige wagecuck job surrounded by third tier graduates and career plodders is so much more "real and fulfilling" than working in Silicon Valley / Wall Street / City of London / top universities.
>>
>>135001131
Nice just bought, 100k
>>
>>135001131
Universities are less of a limiting factor than secondary schools.
>>
>>135001131
>Oxbridge
>relevant outside Bongistan
nobody cares about your homo summer camp
>>
desu if you went to oxbridge you're probably descended from the aristocracy and consequently interbred, at least i dont have webbed feet
>>
>>135001131

>degree in a subject where you have to write critiques
>working in Silicon Valley/ Wall Street

Hmmm.
>>
>>135001131
I think you're the same shitty troll that pretends to be an investment banker, but...

Elite universities are a cancer that is going to plunge the world into a new scientific dark age, unless we free scientific research from the grasp of the soulless careerist bugmen that fill these places. These places are where intellectual curiosity goes to die; these people are only capable of being interested in anything if someone of a higher social status tells them to find it interesting. "I've never heard of that before" was a condescending put-down, intended to end the conversation, that I consistently heard when discussing research outside of the professor or grad student's immediate specialty. I was repeatedly told I had "too many interests" and "needed to focus more" after a talk on a topic that built on several branches of mathematics.

The Kafkaesque nature of the whole thing softened the blow, though. Nobody really paid attention to the talks; instead, they used the time to catch up on emails, so they had more time to do research, so they could give more talks that nobody listened to or asked questions about on papers that nobody read. (Unless you count "Do you think you're a moron for not knowing what I know?" as a real question. In that case, you'd fit right in.)

Don't even get me started on the behavior of the manchildren (and womanchildren) in that place. Just imagine two-year olds squabbling over a plastic shovel in a sandbox, except they're adults having screaming matches over who was "allowed" to do research in the other's area of interest.

And sometimes it's actually worse: they're more like /pol/'s worst stereotypes of teenage girls. I knew of two professors in the same sub-sub-subfield who refused to talk to each other for 30 years because one had used the other's pencil sharpener without permission.

In conclusion, fuck academia and fuck journalists, the simpering fucks who brownnosed for the approval of the even worse humanities professors.
>>
File: osborne-.jpg (48KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
osborne-.jpg
48KB, 576x432px
>OP's entire post
Profound.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.