[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Avoid this film at all costs >Production Logos start >Credit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3840.jpg (27KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3840.jpg
27KB, 182x268px
Avoid this film at all costs
>Production Logos start
>Credit for Fundamental Films appears
>Ching Chong scribbles appear underneath logo
>Ohboy.mp4
>Movie opens with shots of Chinese flag imprinted on side of space capsule
>Implying the Chinese helped build the space station that will travel the stars and discover aliens
>Obvious native American civilisation gets genocided
>"Over 6 million of our people died"
>Native American Na'vi ripoffs ruled over by gender fluid lesbian couple
>Main bad guy is evil cisgendered white male
>Non stop references to illegal aliens
>Retarded "human" (white) species are shown as touristy and autistic
>She-boon rihana is shown for 5 minutes doing a native progressive stripshow
>Eyebrow bitch can't act
>Dude who looks 14 can't act
>Chinese characters are the only ones who can save the world in the end
When will the Chinese stop? When will they realise nobody likes them? They're extremely racist, look and act retarded, and smell.
>>
>>134944700
Chink power
>>
File: camelfucker.jpg (110KB, 540x614px) Image search: [Google]
camelfucker.jpg
110KB, 540x614px
>>134944700
who watches this nerd shit
>>
>>134944700
who would actually go see such an obvious propaganda film?
>>
>>134944700
I kind of wanted to see this just for the special effects. I hate Chink pandering in movies so I'll be sure to skip this one.
>>
File: IMG_3842.jpg (119KB, 416x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3842.jpg
119KB, 416x600px
>>134945342
Special effects and creature designs were great. If only it wasn't fucking pandering I would have enjoyed it more.
70% of the clients I deal with daily are Chinese. I can't stand them.
>>
>>134944700

>Set seven centuries in the future, in the 28th century, Alpha is a space station where millions of creatures from hundreds of races from different planets live peacefully with each other and exchange their knowledge and cultures.

What I realistic premise.
I wonder what agenda they are trying to ram down my throat.
Must give them my shekels to find out.
>>
I watched it. It was preddy gud. I didn't autistically analyze it like you though. 3d was on point. 7/10
>>
>>134944700
> and eat noisily, with their mouths open like dogs.
>>
>>134946191
>Seeing it in 3D
>Calls me Autistic
Wew lad
>>
>>134944700
I can't fathom why people watch most of the garbage Hollywood puts out. It's like paying money to be insulted.
>>
>>134944700

The movie is painfully French.

The first Frenchism is that the noble savages are not American noble savages. The French are race optimists. They believe that races will assimilate to the French way eventually and color won't matter. In France race is not collected on any state forms, and the state tries to work in a completely color blind way.

In America, on the other hand, we have affirmative action and the trope of the "Magical Negro" and the "Nobel Savage." In Valerian, the primitive people figure out modern technology miraculously and then surpass the space dwellers in some way. American movies do not do this. Instead, they have the primitives stay ignorant and insist that their way is better and more in tune with the earth, more natural, and more environmentally friendly, etc. This trope forms the basis of Avatar and Dances with Wolves.
>>
>>134946583

There are a few French cultural traditions in Valerian that seem like twisted plot deviations to an American. The first is the cabaret scene.

This scene appears to be some perverted idea by the director that was just thrown in there to satisfy some strange fetish. However, in France, cabaret is seen as high art. Many cabarets, such as Moulin Rouge, are blessed as French cultural institutes. This movie plays to that by imagining how those institutions will exist in the future, primarily for the delight of French audiences.
>>
>>134946676

The third weird Frenchism is the scene where the alien king is being fed and cooked for in a grand banquet. To an American this looks like something out of a Porky Pig cartoon or some campy kids movie. For the French, food is a very special thing, it's the point of life, and French cooking is also another cultural institution that they revere much more so than Americans, so this banquet is a way of projecting that French idea into the future and onto a savage race.
>>
>>134946769

The last one is the Hero. He is too young; he is too soft around the edges. However, if you look at French comic book heroes they are this way. Look at TinTin for example, the guy hardly knows how to fight and is a Teenager.

It seems like they copied this style and updated him a little for the modern era. In contrast, the American hero prototype comes from the Western. Older, tough as nails, always ready for a fight and solves problems primarily through gun-slinging.

Will the French ever recover from this disaster? Who knows? They might have to stick to making films for small audiences or at least refrain from their French view of the world when making mass market films.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.