[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Irish fight to be independent from Britain and then

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IRA-gunman-terrorist.jpg (61KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
IRA-gunman-terrorist.jpg
61KB, 615x409px
Why did the Irish fight to be independent from Britain and then join the EU? If you want self-determination, you can't be in the EU.
>>
>>134831287

They didn't want independence they just hated the English.

Same with Scottish nationalism, their entire 'exceptional myth' is based on hating the English.
>>
>>134831425
Even funnier now. It will cost them billions in lost trade and they might even have to build a wall to secure the EU border. Ireland only matters when they agree with the EU, if not blame it on Britain.
>>
I can't speak to this, but I can speak to freedom. EU is absolutely not freedom. Makes no sense to burger. Clue me?
>>
>>134832704

You know how all your states gave up their power to the federal government? Yeah well that's what the EU is trying to do.
>>
>>134833059
Good point, anon. The feds have too much here. It can be reversed. Hopefully. Still the most free nation in the world. Ever, I believe.
>>
File: irelandpepe.png (85KB, 426x330px) Image search: [Google]
irelandpepe.png
85KB, 426x330px
>>134831287
The Eu isnt ideal but it is still necessary for developing European countries to have the support. Instead of abolishing the Eu lets reform the Eu.
>>
>>134831287
Potato niggers need to get their spines back to be honest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdmhyEqCINM
>>
>>134833932
From a distance, I really liked it better when each nation over there was a sovereign. I respect and admire the unique cultural aspect that is being destroyed.
>>
>>134831287
Gibs. Irish love gibs. It's why they flooded to America
>>
>>134831287
Because potato niggers are 3 inch dicklets and have to overcompensate.
>>
>>134831287

The EU was just originally just a free trade agreement.
Even when tree movement came in, there wasn't that much moving around because prices were roughly the same everywhere. You had to join it if you wanted to do well.

Then Eastern Europe joined and they all flooded into the west because you could make easy money and buy a home back in Poland after a few years work in Britain or Ireland.

This fucked up the labour market, inflated housing costs and lowered the standard of living. It also brought tons of crime — organised gangs stealing cars, motorbikes, farming equipment, boating equipment and insurance fraud. Car insurance has sky-rocketed because of insurance scams from Eastern European gangs.

What's worse though is our own government who allow tens of thousands of Asians, S.Americans and Africans to move here. They use English school visa farms, abuse the asylum system or used the anchor baby racket before we shut that down.

Now 3.3% of 10-14 year olds are African.
We are truly fucked.
Gonna take a hardcore nationalist to right the wrongs but we have that party growing now.
>>
>>134831287
They wanted to be told what to do by continental bureaucrats as opposed to English ones.
>>
>>134835228
>The EU was just originally just a free trade agreement.
I witnessed that. Then currency. Now....
>>
>>134833932
How would that be possible. The European Commission would decide on reform. How can you influence people who are not elected?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.