[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bio student at a good college >wrote a short 4 page essay

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>bio student at a good college
>wrote a short 4 page essay on why genetically modified humans are a good thing
>want to email it to the head of the philosophy department but I'm scared they'll call me a nazi
What do? Should I just send it? I tried hard to distance it from anything "problematic".
>>
>>134807537
Do it under a pen name with a matching email dipshit.
>>
>>134807537
No don't send it goy, could be problematic
>>
>>134807537
I doubt you'll present him any arguments he won't have already heard.
>>
I did the same thing and I think I got a B, don't remember though.

You're fine man, I even picked Heidegger for "write a paper about 3 philosophers."
>>
>>134808876
Then why are people against it?
>>
>>134807537
Dude just take a sciencey angle and the libs will love it
>>
what
>>
>>134809249
Who are?
>>
Do it. People aren't as closed-minded as you would think, and there's not much at risk anyway.
>>
>>134807537
>bio student at a good college
Have you not taken a human or population genetics course yet? Take the hint: this shit is taboo, wave shit off as too many ethical problems to bother delving into and proceed.

Science is bought and controlled too.
>>
>>134807537
eugenics wars will be glorious as you get your elfkin and orcs and other fucked up genetic mistakes like niggers.
>>
>>134807537
>4 page essay
I am quite confidant that nothing you wrote on those four pages matters in the least bit. There are opening statements longer than four pages. In order to form an rational argument it on an academic level it would take at least twice that long.

Bin that shit and start thinking about what you're doing with your life. Are you in a place right now where you can start genetically modifying humans? If the answer is NO, then FUCK OFF.
>>
>>134807537
Don't do it. You won't win anything and the backlash could fuck you up.
>>
yeah do it cunt
>>
Oh yes the head of the philosophy department will put aside all the shit he has to do to read the 4 page essay of an undergrad in a totally different department.
>>
>>134812031
Oh I thought this was for a class.

Don't do this it's a no win scenario
>>
>>134811262
Basically I argued that it's unethetical not to have designer babies. My main point was that the imperfect life was suffering, although there are many forms of perfection (like in the arts).

>>134812031
Yeah I guess your right. Fuck college honestly, this place is nothing more than a degree factory.
>>
>>134812410
Are you salty about college because you don't get the chance to let some totally random person tell you how smart you are? Do you even know what department heads do? They aren't there because they're the best. They do administrative shit. Are you a freshman?
>>
>>134809249
You should know and be able to defend that particular stance, especially if you intend to argue and work against it.

Because again, they've likely already heard, researched and debated this topic longer than you'ce cared, so put some effort into it if you actually want to get anywhere.
>>
>>134811635
Siding with this factor
>4 pages
Is practically fucking nothing. Post it in a pastebin and remove your name so we can see, OP. I'm interested regardless.
>>
>>134813597
>>134812715
>>134812616
Actually I just wanted to open a discussion on the issue since everyone I talked to seems automatically against it. I'm not trying to create some enlightening paper or something, suck at writing anyways.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.