[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did southerner lost the war? Are they still upset about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

Why did southerner lost the war?

Are they still upset about this humiliation? being under yankee rule for more than a century now.
>>
File: slide_2.jpg (51KB, 960x720px)
slide_2.jpg
51KB, 960x720px
>>134807275
Pic related explains why they lost
>>
>>134807517
Why only 1 million soldiers were mobilized on the 10 millions?
The south lost 90,000 soldiers on it 10 millions people, that's only 1 dead for 100 southerner
>>
File: confederatewave.png (892KB, 690x901px)
confederatewave.png
892KB, 690x901px
>>134807275

Death to the Union

>>134807517

>Jefferson Davis

Who would've been better? Robert Toombs? Alexander Stephens? Edmund Ruffin?
>>
>>134807275
>>134807675
war was revolutionizing at this time
the south had the expertise and man power to win, they however did not have the logistics needed to fight this new revolutionizing warfair
>>134807517
does a good but simple job with it
>>
>>134807675

1/3rd of them were slaves and ineligible for military service.

Half of those ten million would've been women and also ineligible (guess we should've emulated the Soviet Union on that part).

That reduces the population eligible for military service to around 3 million, not counting those unable to serve because of age, infirmity, or serving on the other side.
>>
>>134807915
it was the first time the miniƩ bullet was used I've heard.
probably the first modern war in history
>>
>>134807275
South Carolina started it before the rest of us were ready.
After 1st Bull Run, had we had pursued the retreating Union Army into DC and burned it to the ground, the war would have been over.
Yes, we are.
>>
>>134808095
Why not using slaves (and maybe promise them freedom if they kill a yankee) I mean the point of slaves was to obey, they already worked for southerners, It's no like their opinion mattered or were free.

The moroccan king used 150,000 blacks as a personnal slave army https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Guard
>>
>>134807275
>Why did they lose?
Not enough logistics or industry to support the war effort, not to mention the had little to know navy compared to the north. Had they stopped th March to Atlanta it's possible it wouldn't have ended for some time.
>are the still upset about It?
Ohhhh yeah big time, except now they think us as their friend, always fly their colors with the us flag. Fuck em though bunch of traitors
>>
>>134807517

This is pretty damn solid.

The South really had no chance. The only way for them to prevail was for the North to get tired of war.

Other than that, or outside help, the North just really had every advantage.
>>
File: 71694.jpg (167KB, 405x540px) Image search: [Google]
71694.jpg
167KB, 405x540px
>>134808660
>>134808434
>>134808396

Southern america was really different, I love early 20th pro-southern movies, the north killed southern culture and way of life.
>>
File: Pat Cleburne's men.jpg (271KB, 728x932px) Image search: [Google]
Pat Cleburne's men.jpg
271KB, 728x932px
>>134808414

That was proposed by Patrick Cleburne in 1864 but Confederate leadership was hesitant to adopt it because slavery was both the backbone of the economy and they did not believe they could guarantee the reliability of slave soldiers (i.e. they shoot their officers and run to Union lines at the first available opportunity). It eventually was adopted but only in the final month of the war when it was far too late.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Cleburne#Proposal_for_Emancipation_and_Enlistment_of_Negroes
>>
>>134808865
It is a shame. That's what big federal government has done. It crushes unique cultures like that of the South.

Whenever I go south to visit family I'm often shocked at how lazy those people are. It's just much slower.

There's still differences between North and South but, sadly, the gentlemanly culture is more or less dead.
>>
>>134808414
>The moroccan king used 150,000 blacks as a personnal slave army https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Guard

I'm gonna guess they weren't fighting an enemy who's announced goal was the emancipation of slaves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_Proclamation
>>
Losing the Norfolk navy yards at the start of hostilities didn't help.

Lee's visit to Pennsylvania instead of reliving Vicksburg was an error.

The Tsar's intervention on the side of the Union in 1863 ended Britain and France's support for the Confederacy.

Finally, the South didn't realise that they were fighting a civil war until after the shooting stopped.

kerdasi amaq
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.