[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is college still worth it? I'm thinking about going for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 56789087654345678987654.jpg (140KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
56789087654345678987654.jpg
140KB, 850x478px
Is college still worth it?
I'm thinking about going for computer engineering
Whats the actual likelihood of landing a job straight out of college these days?
>>
>>134758638
Why the TB303?
>>
>>134759124
That's a 606, a drum machine
>>
>>134758638
100% if you're female
99% if you're nigger, gook, or shitskin
50% if you're white
Bonus: if you're white, you'll just work for about 8-10 years in order to optimize your position then train a woman, nigger, shitskin, or gook to take over your job, you'll receive 1 year of salary as a severance.
>>
All the people I know from high school who went to college are now working jobs that don't need a degree. Though maybe all the successful people escaped this place

4 years of work experience is more valuable than any degree regardless. That or the military

No it's not worth it
>>
>>134759124

>>
>>134758638
>for computer engineering
yeah, that would probably be worth it
unless you're going for a white collar trade like that, college is generally a waste in the US
>>
>>134758638
Just look up disney and its IT workers.

>be disney IT employee, part of the team for years/decades.
>stay on top of trends, keep certs up
>boss man comes in and says we gonna lay everyone off and import h1 workers.
>if you want a severance check and a nice reference you have to train your replacement.

The thing is every computer system has some quirks, so if I was one of the ill fated employees, I would stick to basics, and I would also "un automate things that I automated. "
my scripts would be rewritten into spaghetti code. Documentation? bang out a script to remove random words and punctuation.
>>
>>134758638
>Is college still worth it?
The same year I graduated, my company gave me a $20,000 raise. HR in most big firms have a spreadsheet they use to justify pay for a degree.
>>
>>134759124
303?! are you fucking blind froggy
>>
>>134758638
Depends on what you go for. If everybody gets an MBA what is the value of an MBA. Everyone can't be the manager or investment banker. It's kinda like if everyone goes to college, then what is a degree worth?
>>
>>134758638
> Is college still worth it?
For computer engineering absolutely
> Whats the actual likelihood of landing a job straight out of college these days?
Pretty high for computer engineering, it's generally in demand. Also a lot of it boils down to if you get an internship or co-op or multiple ones during college, they can basically guarantee you a job instead of just giving you a good chance.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.