[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone semi-rational explain why private healthcare is better

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: red-38673_960_720.png (31KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
red-38673_960_720.png
31KB, 720x720px
Can someone semi-rational explain why private healthcare is better than single payer?

I wanted to ask in the other thread but too much shitposting
>>
Customer gets more control.
>>
>>134753307
Elaborate
>>
Go to your local governement run service. Maybe where they do your ID cards or driver's licences. Now ask yourself if these are the people administering all your healthcare.

And then ask yourself if you want to give your governmwnt the right to decide what is legal or not based on what they think is a health issue. Also ask yourself if you want to wait months to see a doctor. Or if you want to deal with a lack of high end services to free up money for medication for obese elderly poor people who can't watch their diet so now they need a steady stream of medication to live two to three years longer than usual
>>
in many situations it's cheaper than paying tax (assuming u pay a normal tax rate)
also care for rarer things like cancer or surgery is more available
>>
>>134753656
Should have been
>these are the people you want
>>
File: 1209726039039.jpg (18KB, 476x357px) Image search: [Google]
1209726039039.jpg
18KB, 476x357px
>tfw red cross jew owns absolute rights to red crosses
>posting a red cross is technically a war crime
>>
It isn't. The Nordic model of healthcare has been proven to be superior.
>>
File: public-maternity-ward.jpg (28KB, 448x292px) Image search: [Google]
public-maternity-ward.jpg
28KB, 448x292px
In Costa Rica I can get full-coverage, high-quality health insurance for <$2k per year. This gives me access to private hospitals with excellent equipment and doctors (especially if you compare the shithole public clinics here in CR).

The doctor's have less bullshit and bureaucracy to deal with. Even without insurance, paying out of pocket is extremely cheap. The doctor's know that they're gonna get paid. I'm getting 4 wisdom teeth removed later today, total cost: $400.

Total cost for delivery of a baby in CR in a private hospital: $3k-$5k.

Sure, there is a public option in CR where delivery of a baby is free, but they put you in a big room full of Nicaraguan illegal immigrant bitches shitting out their mud babies. Fathers are not allowed inside to see their child being born, and C-sections are mandatory.

In the end, is it better for me to be responsible for myself and pay for my own healthcare and buy my own private insurance? Or is it better for the government to get involved and make everything more expensive, lower quality, and make someone else pay for me?

I prefer to be responsible for myself and get the government out of my life.

By the way, the whole problem we have with health insurance and pre-existing conditions in the United States is tied to a time when there were limits imposed on wages, so employers started offering health insurance as a way of getting around the law and increasing compensation. Health insurance should never have been tied to employment, and then we wouldn't have the issue with pre-existing conditions, because you'd keep the same health insurance plan your entire life.

What if your auto insurance or home owner's insurance were tied to your job and you wanted to switch jobs? It makes no sense, it's just a clusterfuck caused by government intervention.
>>
>>134753082
Why did you post the Swedish flag of health?
>>
>>134753082
The best is the cohexistence of both
Funding of public healthcare system keep the price of private services in check
Also allowing some degree of fair copetition with private health care will keep public one efficient.

The extremes
US healthcare, the most expensive and by far not the best, even family doctors that cure rash and colds making 6 digits
Cuba health care, where doctos can barely live on what they earn and use 50y/o equipement
>>
>>134754798

Healthcare in CR is much cheaper than in the US

in CR you might have large public wards, in the US, most people get a private room, or at worst a single roommate

What does a brown costa rican doctor get paid compared to a jew doctor in the US?
>>
Public healthcare incentivizes preventive medicine that keep overall health risks down, it does treat better who pay more.
Private incentivizes innovation and advancements in procedures, treatments and drugs
>>
>>134758077
cuba's health care system might be alright, for some people, but outside the hospital, people live in squalor and destitute poverty.

If people want 'free' healthcare in the US, tradeoffs will need to be made, which might include an overall lower standard of living to pay for it. Because nothing is free
>>
>>134758404
public healthcare incentivizes people to use the system more, which creates shortages when the public system fails to increase capacity to deal with it, as it has no incentive to do so.

People get sick regardless, and preventing sickness and injury may have little or nothing to do with what goes on inside a doctor's office but rather the choices a patient makes outside of it
>>
>>134753082
The only benefit is speed, if you can pay you will get treated quicker. thats why a lot of Canadians go to America for major medical procedures.
>>
>>134758514
The standard of living in Luxemburg or Switzerland is higher than that of the US and they have public healthcare.
>>134758725
You base your argument in the assumption that public system will fail to increase capacity
You need no incentive, more people = more taxes, same % of taxes can cover more people.
That is only true when an important influx of illegal migrants (no taxes paid) are flooding your country.
Preventive medicine helps with early dignosis that can cut the costs a lot. Create long term relations doctor-patient that provides a better treatment and diagnosis.
Private health care make people to go see their doctors only when they have serious health problems, it may be too late in many cases
https://archive.is/cK9Gc

You base your arguments in feelings and intuition
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.