[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of the many amazing prophecies of Jesus Christ from the Old

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 306
Thread images: 32

File: image.jpg (73KB, 620x839px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 620x839px
One of the many amazing prophecies of Jesus Christ from the Old Testament is that of verse 1 from Psalm 22:

>"O God my God, look upon me: why hast thou forsaken me?"

Many people have said, "Jesus said God has forsaken him on the cross, how could he be the Messiah?"
Jesus was invoking Psalm 22 on the cross. The Psalm was wrote around 1,000 years before Christ was born.

This is significant because a few verses later in the same Psalm it says this:

>"They have pierced my hands and feet."

Some renderings have it;

>"they have torn holes in my hands and my feet"

Strange. It would appear that Jesus Christ invoked a Psalm wrote 1,000 years before He was born that seemed to tell of His very unique death, crucifixion; which did not even exist at the time Psalm 22 was wrote.

Psalm 22 goes on to say:

>"They parted my garments amongst them; and upon my vesture they cast lots."

This is another strange coincidence. It is known that the Roman soldiers gambled, or "cast lots" on Christ's garments as He was being crucified. If Christ was utterly out of His depths and defeated; why does this Psalm--that was invoked as He was in unimaginable pain--foretell of exact circumstances of the very death He was experiencing? Circumstances that no one could have known?

Not only this, Psalm 22 ends by foretelling the great rise of Christendom, which was achieved based on the very death that Christ Himself was experiencing, that the Psalm undeniably addresses:

>"All the ends of the earth shall remember, and shall be converted to the Lord: And all the kindreds of the Gentiles shall adore in his sight."

Remember, at the time of Christ, only one tribe was expecting a Messiah. This Psalm called forth by Christ on the cross predicts His death to an exactitude, and it just happens to predict the unprecedented worldwide conversion based on this death.

How do atheists explain this away?
>>
>explain this away
Bible before Jesus shows up is literally millions of pages long.
It would be practically impossible to not find a few verses that vaguely describe his death somewhere in it.
>>
>>134738319
Praise God
>>
>>134738319
Correct. Jesus fulfilled the Tanakh/Old Testament prophecies in this manner. Non-Christians have also referenced the life of Jesus Christ before the Roman Empire had more and more people convert to Christianity by the point of Constantine's conversion and after.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 353x334px
>>134738525

>the bible was literally millions of pages long
>>
>>134738525
>vaguely
Pretty specific to me senpai.
>>
>>134738319
Jesus Christ as well as the Isrealites were niggers (seriously, Hamites)
Mary was 12 years old and God is a statitory rapist.
Also if you'v ever ridden the bus with a woman on her period, you need to be killed.
>>
>>134738786
Nice try faggot
>>
>>134738786

I could have guessed you'd have the sodom flag just by reading this comment
>>
File: le_jesus_meme.png (186KB, 309x307px) Image search: [Google]
le_jesus_meme.png
186KB, 309x307px
The entirety of the Bible was retconned to fit the RABBI JESUS = MESSIAH myth in 325AD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
>>
>>134738525
>literally millions

Is glue sniffing still a part of the Australian school curriculum?

There is only one messianic prophecy in the bible
>>
>>134739043

This is one of the most tired anti-Christian arguments out there... Demonstrably false.
>>
>>134738319
>His very unique death, crucifixion
Stopped reading here btw.
Crucifixion was extremely common.
Also his story was written long after anyone who knew him was dead, DUH they can go back and make things canon.
I'd say this is a troll thread if people weren't so dumb.
>>
>>134738767
Ask 10 people how did Jesus die?
10 will say he was crucified.
>pierced hands and feet
>gambled for clothes
No one will say he was stripped naked and jabbed in the hands.
If you were the prophet composing Psalms 22 and you wanted your religion to be taken seriously wouldn't you include the crown of thorns, spear in the belly and the cross?
>>
>>134738592
Amen!
Praise Him from all nations!
>>
>>134738644
>Forced to convert

Constantine was a traitor
>>
>>134738786
You really should repent
>>
>>134739144
Schoolkids are all on meth now.
>only one messianic prophecy
How do you tell what's part of a legit prophecy and what's been picked out retroactively from among millions of pages because it happens to fit Jesus' life?
>>
>>134739184
Gospel of Matthew written by Jesus' disciple Matthew. Mark written by disciple Peter's disciple mark whilst peter was still alive. Similar case with Luke. John written by disciple john.

Learn history you ignoramus
>>
>tfw there is mention of earthquakes around the time of Jesus' crucifixion

>tfw those earthquakes have been confirmed as 6.3 magnitude within 26AD
>>
>>134739188
Spear in the belly is because prophecies say not one bone shall be broken. Crucifixion victims had their legs broken to make them die. Jesus was already dead so they just stabbed him to make sure
>>
File: jesus.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>134738319
Jesus wasn't even a real, historical person.
>inb4 muh Wikipedia
>>
>>134739554
Doesn't change the fact that anyone with a knowledge of the Bible could rewrite events to make them match any "prophecy" they'd like.
A question I pose to any christcucks i meet.
"what do you believe, and would you believe it if I told you it was true and you'd never heard it before"
The answer will always be "no" because it's a nonsense story written by bronze age camel jockeys. And if it's yes, I just talked to God and he said you need to give me a blowjob
>>
>>134739533
By reading the thing. How can you make retarded statements without knowing what you're talking about? Glue sniffing, that's how
>>
>>134739043
Nope, the old testament is hebrew&greek literature, physically changing it would be harder than an entire victorious crusades campaign. Oh, you probably haven't even read OP's argument, you are thinking about them changing the new testament even though there were no crucifixions back when they said "They have pierced my hands and feet." in Psalms 22, kek
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 400x577px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 400x577px
>>134739188

Lol. The Old Testament is full of prophecies proving Jesus was divine; fitting the prophecy exactly.

The fact that you don't think "they pierced my hands and feet" in the midst of describing a slow death and then that the soldiers gambled on His clothes isn't directly narrating the events on the cross is astounding.

Go and read all of psalm 22. The Old Testament also predicts Jesus would be betrayed, silent before his accusers, a sacrifice for the son of mankind, born of a virgin, born in Bethlehem, would ride into Jerusalem on an ass, would be called a Nazarene, would pray for His murderers, would be forced to drink vinegar etc... We know the dates of these texts. And we know the historical accuracy of Jesus' life and death. Jesus was the Son of God, and these verses alone prove the bible is divine.

It seems people just don't want to believe the truth.
>>
>>134739554
>Gospel of Matthew written by Jesus' disciple Matthew.
Hahahaha!
>Mark written by disciple Peter's disciple mark
Hahahaha!
>Similar case with Luke.
Lol, wtf?
>John written by disciple john.
Oh, lordy

>Learn history you ignoramus
Oh my sides
>>
>>134739678
>Jesus wasn't even a real, historical person.
Any evidence to back up that assertion?

>inb4 I'M NOT GONNA SPOONFEED YOU DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH blah ect
>>
>>134738319
Jesus Christ is God.
>>
>>134738319
tl;dr

Does it say that I cannot have anal sex with random young transvestites anymore?
>>
>>134739901
Existing as a person doesn't make them magic
>>
>>134739901
>Any evidence to back up that assertion?

Yes. The Apostle Paul says so in Galatians 1:12.
>>
>>134739719

What you don't seem to understand is 2,000 years is not that long ago. Do you doubt the circumstances of Caesars death? No. You only doubt Jesus Christ because you clearly have a reason to not want Christianity to be true. There is ample evidence that God is real, and that Jesus Christ was the Messiah; you just don't want to acknowledge it.
>>
>>134739719
Except these things weren't rewritten. We know Jesus was crucified. Even atheist historians believe this. If the apostles had lied then people would have found out the lies by now. Every time they think there is some lie or innacuracy, other sources and archaeology verify it. Atheist bible scholars like Bart ehrman believe that the apostles genuinely believed in what they saw and weren't lying.

How about you read the bible and history around it before making ignorant statements. It's less embarrassing that way. Even atheist scholars think you're stupid
>>
>>134739838
>the soldiers gambled on His clothes
I thought Jesus was a simple man who wore robes covered in pig shit?
Why are they gambling for robes covered in pig shit.
This nigga was rolling in dough wasn't he? lol whole new reason to shit on christcucks
>>
>>134739979
Caesar didn't come back to life you literal retard lol
>>134740002
>Even atheist historians believe this.
Lying will send you to Hell, haven't you ever heard that?
>>134740002
>If the apostles had lied then people would have found out the lies by now.
How exactly, no one's even sure the guy existed and dozens if not hundred of false prophets were killed in similar ways.
>>
>>134740011

They were gambling on His robes because He was very famous as a man who raised people from the dead, healed the sick, and performed miracles that had never been seen before.

You just proved that it was common knowledge Jesus was doing miracles at the time of His death... "Muh Jesus myth developed after" argument debunked!
>>
>>134740002
>We know Jesus was crucified. Even atheist historians believe this.

95% of biblical scholars are employed by Christian colleges and are contractually obliged to believe Jesus was a real person. Your assertion doesn't mean diddly-squat.
>>
>>134740174
Or that he had made a lot of money hustling ignorant people and that is why they killed him.
A regular Pat Robertson.
A religious huckster makes a ton of money off idiots or a genuine miracle worker. Which have you seen more of?
>>
>>134738786
I have nothing against gays, but the gratuitous slander in your post suggests you are not at peace with yourself.

A lot of things in the bible were just codes of conduct for an ancient and foreign culture.

The prophecy of Jesus' life does not appear to fall into that category.
>>
>>134740002
None of the apostles' writings have survived, unfortunately, apart from those of Paul.

>>134739678
And Paul didn't believe Jesus was a real person.
>>
>>134740297
>a lot of things in the Bible are codes of conduct
>this thing isn't, thereby magic is real u guys srsly
>>
File: IMG_2819.jpg (134KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2819.jpg
134KB, 1024x819px
>>134738319

Amen. The symmetry in the Bible is beautiful.
>>
>>134740517
>Amen. The forgery in the Bible is beautiful.

Corrected that for you. yw.
>>
>>134740093
Do some historical research. Your knowledge on this period is non existent. Maybe start with the historical consensus accepted by all: Jesus existed. Jesus was crucified under Pontius pilate
>>
>>134740289

I have never seen anyone raise people from the dead, make the blind see, and raise Himself from the dead...

Because only Jesus Christ did any of that.

Reminder that it's 2017, which is 2017 years after Christ was born. The whole world literally counts days from the day Christ was born. Remember that next time you write your date of birth down.
>>
>>134740606

You got some proof for that, oh great fedora? Or we just gonna have to take your word for it?
>>
>>134740276
>even atheist historians believe that

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit

I suggest you learn some history
>>
>>134739678
Yes he was.
>>134739733
If I knew what I was talking about why would I make retarded statements?
Say I'm going to read the entire bible later on to check this out. What am I looking for?
>>134739838
>fitting the prophecy exactly
>pierced my hands and feet
>directly narrating the events on the cross
>astounding
Is it though? If you personally witnessed the death of Jesus and were asked for an exact narrative would you say he got his hands pierced or that he was killed on a cross?
Psalm 24 talks about opening gates and the Lord being strong in battle, but Jesus never went to war. Why isn't Psalm 22 'prophecy' cherrypicked?
>>
>>134740695
>raise people from the dead, make the blind see, and raise Himself from the dead
David Copperfield must be God's son as well as half the two bit huckster faith healers out there.
>>
>>134740645
> Maybe start with the historical consensus accepted by all

Your "historical consensus" wasn't even shared by the Apostle Paul...
>>
>>134739396
Why is that? I am not familiar with history.
>>
>>134740375
All of the apostles writings have survived. See the bible
>>
>>134739972
That's not what that says at all. Try again.
>>
>>134740745

>Psalm 24 talks about opening gates and the Lord being strong in battle

Remind me, what belief structure took over the entire known world and shaped it more than any other force in history?

Oh yeah, that's right, it was Christianity
>>
>>134739838
>>134739838
>It seems people just don't want to believe the truth.

Some people have a hard time accepting that they, and the world could be loved so much.
>>
>>134740740
>You got some proof for that, oh great fedora?
Sure do

The Book of Acts contradicts Paul's own writings. Therefore Acts is a forgery.

Any historical details in The Gospel of Mark that can be checked are wrong. (The geography is wrong from top to bottom, for example.) Therefore Mark is a forgery.

The Book of Daniel was written 400 years later than it claims to be. Therefore Daniel is a forgery.

Could go on forever...
>>
>>134740745
You wouldn't, which shows that you don't know what you're talking about.

If you're going to study the bible get the Douay Rheims catholic version or the new English translation of the Septuagint as all other versions are based on Jewish revisions of the old testament that remove prophecies that relate to Jesus. Really makes you think
>>
>>134740806
That's the kind of fiercely proud stupidity that's impossible to argue against.
>>
>>134740782
Yes it was. You have no evidence to back you up
>>
>>134738319

jesus wasn't a real person otherwise josephus and pliny the elder would have written about him instead of droning on about roman municipal elections.

you've fallen for a 2000 year old hoax, gg.
>>
>>134741024

Cos that's an awful lot of opinion, with very little actual fact.

For example - the Harry Potter was actually written by Elon Musk

It's just a statement until you elaborate your argument. Once again, do you have any proof for your claim?
>>
>>134741081
Impossible for lesser minds
>>
>>134741128
wtf im a giant faggot atheist now
>>
>>134741114
No evidence apart from Galations 1:12, you mean?
>>
>>134741128
Josephus did write about him. As did 7 other non christian historical texts

The lel Jesus didn't exist is the most retarded of the fedora arguments. Go read some atheist scholars on the subject like Bart ehrman>>134741161
>>
>>134738319
>crucifixion;

Was going on long before Christ was born.

Alexander had a thing for crucifying his enemies 300 years before Christ was even mentioned.
>>
>>134738319
You're not even using the most OBVIOUS prophecy about Jesus..... ISAIAH 53!
>>
>>134741226
Doesn't back up your assertion
>>
>>134738319
wow so you're saying that someone was able to match up well know prophecies after the fact with a fake story about some kike in the desert that never even existed. Really BLEW MY MIND
>>
>>134739921
he isn't, He is the son of God. this contradicts the old testament of isaiah 53 and malachi 4
>>
>>134741303
>Josephus did write about him
No he didn't. Don't be silly.

>As did 7 other non christian historical texts
Half of them didn't and all of them are 2nd century texts, anyway.

>Go read some atheist scholars on the subject like Bart ehrman
Do you mean Bart "These books have not survived until the present day, and they might not have existed at all, but they prove Jesus exists!!!!" Ehrman?
>>
>>134741303
Josephus was born after jesus died faggot and lived so far away it would have taken a month to travel to where jesus lived. The main Josephus passage is a well known forgery made by a christcuck faggot with poor latin skills. much like you, faggot.
>>
>>134740745

The point is, Jesus said the first line of Psalm 22 on the cross; "my God, my God why hast thou forsaken me?"

The Psalm goes on to describe His death exactly, and the consequences of His death, ie; the conversion of the whole world.

Not to mention this Psalm was wrote 1,000 years before Christ was even born.

If the prophecy said: "a guy named Jesus will be crucified on a woodern cross and the Roman soldiers who do it will gamble for His clothes" -- you would just make up an excuse not to believe it anyway, wouldn't you?

Not to mention, the words "Roman" and "crucifixion" weren't even known the the Psalmist. When God inspires people to write, He obviously uses words of their language and time period.

The words of Psalm 22 are absolutely undeniable, and only someone who was wilfully disbelieving would deny that they describe the events of the cross, and the uncanny result of the cross; being the rise of Christianity.
>>
>>134741379
>Doesn't back up your assertion

Paul plainly states that he knows nothing about Jesus except what he sees in his dreams. End of debate.

Run along and play, now. The adults are talking.
>>
>>134740972

Amen. Also, many people dislike the idea of being "judged" by a truly Good God. They dislike having to change. Which of course I understand, it is a scary thought for us sinners. But the sensible and only real choice is to make this change as much as possible, however hard it is; "fear of the Lord" is truly the beginning of wisdom.
>>
>>134741658
>Jesus said the first line of Psalm 22 on the cross

Funny, the other gospel authors think he said something else. These Christians should learn to keep their story straight!
>>
>>134741319

When the Psalm was wrote, around 1000 B.C. Crucifixion was not a thing.
>>
>>134741766
Except Paul believed Jesus existed. Your argument is retarded and has no basis
>>
>>134740289
>Which have you seen more of?

Just because there are religious hucksters does not mean Jesus wasn't real. That is flawed argument. It's plainly clear you are not arguing in good faith (pardon the pun), but rather just angrily attacking Christ.
>>
>>134742067
Got any evidence for that? I'll accept any passage from the authentic Pauline epistles which speak of Jesus wandering around Jerusalem.
>>
>>134741591
There's an Arabic text of Josephus different to the edited version that demonstrates Josephus was aware of Christ.

I love how atheists continually move the goal posts as their argument gets shitter. First it was Josephus doesn't mention him now its Josephus was born later we can't trust him
>>
>>134742073
I have to.
He's put on a pedestal (literally) when it's fare more likely he was just a liar and a con artist.
It's current year. You don't believe in magic in any other context, you've seen hucksters with followings similar to Jesus, the only evidence you have is a book written ages ago and translated more times than I care to recount....yet that's enough for you because you're scared to die and you need order in the universe.
So of course I attack, you're being stupid and weak.
>>
>>134742073

Have you ever encountered any atheist that is not visibly angry and hateful towards Christ? I have not to be frank... Strange, they don't show the same resentment to other religions, like Hinduism, or Odinism, or even Islam. In addition to this, do atheists even care about other religions or "superstitions", or do they exclusively criticise Christianity?

It's almost like the anti-Christian/atheist is being influenced by supernatural forces.
>>
>>134742201
(Luke 23:46)
And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

(John 19:30)
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
>>
>>134741579
All your points are incorrect. Study history so you can rid yourself of your mind virus
>>
>>134742201
>There's an Arabic text of Josephus different to the edited version that demonstrates Josephus was aware of Christ.

Unfortunately not. It's a later edition than was originally thought.
>>
>>134742272
I'm not an atheist I'm an orthodox Jew, shabbat shalom.
>>
>>134740381
You're arguments and rebuttals are just flawed all over the place. It's actually kind of educational.

Bottom line, people do not come to faith by suddenly believing an argument is correct. People come to faith through personal trials and deeply heartfelt personal experience. There is no way you can dissuade someone from that, and there is no way we are going to get you to accept anything.

Almost everyone I know has some kind of experience, and THEN they go back and look at the Bible and it helps them to make sense of that experience. That God is real, that he love us, and that Jesus was an expression of that love.

I pray not that you become a Christian, but that you may find healing from whatever is troubling you. God bless.
>>
>>134742141
When Paul says if Jesus has not be raised from the dead then our teaching is vain and our faith is pointless
>>
>>134742321

>imagine my shock

You should repent and accept Jesus Christ as the only Lord and saviour, instead of following an empty and pointless creed.
>>
>>134742283
>All your points are incorrect.
You can easily convince me of that

Show me a 2nd/3rd century Josephus manuscript that mentions Jesus

Show me a single 1st century document that mentions Jesus

Show me a single extant copy of the missing books Ehrman claims prove Jesus' existence

Until you can do any of those things, you're in the wrong.
>>
>>134742366
>almost die in car accident
>can't handle the fact that blind luck almost ended your life
>OMG JESUS SAVED ME
>or Allah or Zeus or whatever you're preconditioned to think saves people
That's the kind of personal experience you describe. It's entirely meaningless and silly.
>>
>>134742437
I'm not interested in fantasies about zombies being raised from the dead. I'm only interested in Pauline descriptions of a living, walking Jesus.

Evidence please.
>>
>>134742515

>Show me a first century document that mentions Jesus

Never heard of the Bible, huh atheicuck?
>>
>>134741057
Turns out OP's passage is Psalm 21 in Douay Rheims version but 22 in CSB. Has an entire psalm gone missing? Now I have to study bible translations too and work out which version (if any) contains the true prophecy..
>>134741658
>exactly
But "pierced hands and feet" isn't anywhere close to exactly "killed on a cross".
>If the prophecy said: "a guy named Jesus will be crucified on a woodern cross and the Roman soldiers who do it will gamble for His clothes" -- you would just make up an excuse not to believe it anyway, wouldn't you?
Probably but instead of saying it's wishful thinking by Christians who want to see a fulfilled prophecy I'd admit that's quite an accurate prediction and look for evidence of historical dating errors or forgeries.
>>
>>134742290
Incorrect. I'll humour you though. The edit is only applied to where Josephus says Christ was the messiah. Even if you remove the addition, Josephus still talks about jesus
>>
>>134742515
I don't have access to any of those things.

Your understanding of logic is flawed. Just because something cannot fit your specific bar of proof does not make it wrong.

I'll use your retarded logic against you. Show me proof that Jesus wasn't crucified
>>
>>134742585
Paul never met Jesus in the flesh. Doesn't mean he didn't believe he existed. I haven't met my grandmother but I still believe she exists
>>
>>134742593
Douay Rheims is older. Trust it. CSB probably muddled up the order. Protestant translations tend to be sloppy and full of innacuracies.
>>
>>134740745
>Is it though? If you personally witnessed the death of Jesus and were asked for an exact narrative would you say he got his hands pierced or that he was killed on a cross?

I think that's due to the fact prophets were in ecstasy during the visions and since they were merely men they couldn't have more than a mere glimpse of the prophecies/God.
>>
>>134742608
>Even if you remove the addition, Josephus still talks about jesus

Unfortunately not. 2nd/3rd century Christians wrote commentaries on Josephus, and these commentaries survive. None of them mention Jesus. Therefore it must be a later forgery.

If it's not a forgery, produce a 2nd/3rd century manuscript that includes the Testimonium Flavionum, and I'll change my mind.

If you've actually read any of these source texts, should be easy for you to do.

I'm waiting...
>>
>>134742241

Actually I have evidence other than a book, that's what I was saying in my other post. The evidence is my own experience and it is deep and complex, but far more trustworthy than even a book. The book is just there to back it up.

And I actually do believe in magic in many other contexts. I believe spirits exist and I believe I can speak with my grandparents. Science is great, but I don't rely on a limited measuring system to guide every aspect of my personal life. I find scientific materialists (the view you're espousing) to be very negative people because they are hell bent (again, pardon the pun) of denying things that can't ever really be proved through science one way or another.

Religion is a matter of the heart, like love.
>>
>>134742744
>Show me proof that Jesus wasn't crucified

Burden of proof lies on you. Do you not understand the basics of formal logic? Not everyone does. I'd be happy to recommend a beginner's text, if not.
>>
File: 1487771990217.jpg (75KB, 652x837px) Image search: [Google]
1487771990217.jpg
75KB, 652x837px
>>134742321
>>
>>134743006

>Burden of proof

Multiple eye witness accounts that made up the NT. If you want to prove then all wrong go ahead, but sticking your fingers in your ears makes you look like an illiterate.
>>
>>134742952
>I believe spirits exist and I believe I can speak with my grandparents.
How does your psychiatrist feel about that?
>>
>>134743085
>Multiple eye witness accounts that made up the NT.

Yeah, but none of them claim to be eyewitness accounts. (Apart from Luke, but he copied it all from Matthew, so we can't believe him.)

In fact Mark is the very opposite. He goes out of his way to say, again and again, that he is NOT writing an eyewitness account.
>>
File: religion-tree.jpg (1MB, 1312x863px) Image search: [Google]
religion-tree.jpg
1MB, 1312x863px
>>134739554
>Gospel of Matthew written by Jesus' disciple Matthew.

No-one knows who wrote the Gospels but as sure as damn it wasn't any of his disciples.

> Written in highly educated Greek, but disciples were simple people who spoke Aramaic.

> No evidence of the writings for decades after alleged death of Jesus

> Many contradictions

> Prophesies that no-one knew were prophesies

> Made up stories to fix plot errors (e.g. the crucified were buried in common graves, so no "missing body". No problem, invent a dude who was a devout Jew, a friend of the Romans and of Jesus, with lots of money, to intercede and uniquely allow Jesus to be buried in a private grave).

> The King of the Jews, successor to David, had to be born in Bethlehem. So we have two, not one but two, different made up stories of how he came to be born in Bethlehem.

It would be laughable if people didn't actually believe this shit. It's like believing that the Mormon texts were translated from mysterious gold tablets that "disappeared" after use.
>>
>>134743006
Burden of proof lies with the one making the claim. You claim Jesus didn't exist. Burden of proof lies with you
>>
>>134742272
Interesting obsevation. The evangelical atheists do tend to be angry. Kind of like feminists.

It takes a lot of anger to be contantly fend off the truth.

But I feel for them, and I respect them. Because honestly the love the Christ has is so overwhelming, it's hard to imagine. I also think they have been hurt in the past. Christ loves, Christ forgives, and Christ heals. Even I can only accept it in bits. You know, it's a constant negotiation for all of us. We shouldn't think we are better than any of these Christ deniers. They are doing us a favor by showing us aspects of ourselves.
>>
>>134742272
>It's almost like the anti-Christian/atheist is being influenced by supernatural forces.

And I agree. Something has gotten a hold of them.
>>
>>134739972

> I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

That is he received it in a vision. Which must have occurred after the ascent to heaven.

Not a word about a real historical man.

You are the delusional fact free one, mate.
>>
>>134743343
You really don't understand why you christcucks make us angry?
Let me explain.
Imagine almost everyone around you vehemently believed they could fly.
There's no evidence of it, but they all insist that if push came to shove, they could fly.
When you tell them to prove it, they say "Oh you're making the claim I can't fly, you prove it"
Wouldn't you be annoyed when dealing with these people?
Now imagine these guys wrote all the laws.
They ban parachutes because people can fly. Who needs em?
>>
>>134743279
>You claim Jesus didn't exist. Burden of proof lies with you

Galatians 1:12 proves that early Christians didn't believe in a living, walking Jesus. End of debate.
>>
>>134743260
>what are oral tradition, secretaries and translations

Your historical knowledge is that of a babies'. Study history. I suggest you read the most ancient sources we have and work chronologically. Then you will be able to level valid criticisms that haven't been debunked by christians and atheists as retarded
>>
>>134742581
No I was actually speaking for myself only, and I'm not going to reveal that here to you because you don't deserve to hear it with your attitude.

You are deliberately not hearing what people are saying here.
>>
File: 1499632406210.jpg (140KB, 1803x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1499632406210.jpg
140KB, 1803x1095px
>>134738319
>>
>>134743497
No it doesn't. It just shows that Paul got his knowledge of Jesus from Jesus himself. All the christians even paul believed in a living walking Jesus.

This has to be the most retarded of the atheist arguments I've ever heard. Atheism truly is an irrational delusion
>>
>>134743618
That's because delusion is not an argument.
You can pretend to talk to anything and if you do it long enough it'll seem real.
What's that old quote.....all one has to do is walk through an asylum to see faith is meaningless.
>>
>>134743579
>I suggest you read the most ancient sources we have and work chronologically.

What ancient sources? We've got the authentic Pauline epistles, the Gospel of Mark, that hymn whose name I can never remember, and that's it.
>>
File: religion-lucky.jpg (45KB, 470x464px) Image search: [Google]
religion-lucky.jpg
45KB, 470x464px
>>134742952
>The evidence is my own experience and it is deep and complex

Proof by feelz. So convincing.

The trouble being that adherents of other fairy stories have similar feelz. And they feel just as convincing to them. And they mean the same: nothing.
>>
File: 1497341196733.jpg (209KB, 906x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497341196733.jpg
209KB, 906x1024px
>>134743703
>>
>>134743677
>It just shows that Paul got his knowledge of Jesus from Jesus himself.

Yes. THROUGH A DREAM.

Christianity is ONLY true if we accept that everything Paul saw in a dream is LITERALLY TRUE.

End of debate.
>>
>>134743810
omg I spit out my soda
>between 24 and 90%
>>
>>134743119

Psychologist, and she supported when I used to see her about a year ago.

Belief in the unseen world is common to every single human culture that has ever been.

Your world view is a meme, and it's wearing thin.
>>
>>134740972
Luke 16:31
But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”
>>
>>134743955
>My mental illness proves that we can communicate with the spirit world

Christian logic
>>
>>134741579
Have a (((you)))
>>
>>134743955
>Belief in the unseen world is common to every single human culture that has ever been.
So what makes you think yours is right?
Why not Odin? He's a cooler god anyway.
Also I'm pretty sure "You can talk to your dead grandma if you believe in Jeebus" is not in the Bible.
>>
>>134743818
What about the 12 other apostles and thousands of followers Jesus had before Paul even came onto the scene?

Your thesis is that of a child's
>>
>>134743579
I spent a few months researching the origins of the bible, old and new testament.

Going in my expectation was that most of it would be true but with some embellishments.

What I found was multiple layers of shameless forgery, fabrication and fantasy. It genuinely shocked me how blatant it was.

Not that Christianity is worse than the others. Islam is worse, Hinduism has kept India backward for centuries.
>>
>>134743722
Gilgamesh, homer, Hesiod, old testament, polybius, Tacitus etc

Learn more about history in general because you have no awareness of textual criticism
>>
File: 1500352246159.png (278KB, 656x809px) Image search: [Google]
1500352246159.png
278KB, 656x809px
>>134743890
>>
>>134744060
>What about the 12 other apostles and thousands of followers Jesus had before Paul even came onto the scene?

If they ever wrote down what they saw, those texts haven't survived.

If people they spoke to wrote down what they had seen, those texts don't survive either.

You can't prove Jesus existed by assuming what people saw or didn't see. You don't know anything about what they saw.
>>
>>134744219
Studies show that between 24% and 90% of your memes are trash.
>>
>>134744069
>few months

Lol babbys first attempt at historical study. Try 10 years and I'll take your attempts seriously
>>
File: christians-fat-Proverbs-23-2.jpg (67KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
christians-fat-Proverbs-23-2.jpg
67KB, 600x480px
>>134744060
>What about the 12 other apostles and thousands of followers Jesus had before Paul even came onto the scene?

These are claims not facts. Similarly claims of fulfilled prophesies are claims not facts. Claims of eyewitnesses are claims not facts. Until proven.

Consider:

> Recently I constructed a time machine and traveled back to the time of Christ. I found that no such person existed. I then traveled to later in the first century and observed people making up shit about this mythical figure.

So, I am an eyewitness to the nonexistence of Jesus.

This is not a valid argument but it is just as valid as your claims of eyewitnesses.
>>
>>134744069
>believes in big bang
> realised the theory is about Nothing becoming Something
> this contradicts the principal of matter and energy
>May as well believe in Alchemy
>>
>>134744194
>Gilgamesh, homer, Hesiod, old testament, polybius, Tacitus etc

Dude, I've read Gilgamesh in the original Klingon. I don't think my reading of ancient sources is lacking.
>>
>>134744247
Dude none of the "texts" have survived. Papyrus only lasts about a hundred years. We rely on copies of copies and oral tradition just like for all ancient texts. You would know this if you studied history at all and didn't just read "history books"
>>
File: 1500259825618.jpg (3MB, 3100x1855px) Image search: [Google]
1500259825618.jpg
3MB, 3100x1855px
>>134744288
>>
>>134743761
I'm not trying to convince you, and I know I never could. That's what I was saying before. Nobody is "convinced" of Christ by book or argument. And no one is convinced away from Christ by argument. It's all personal experience.

Science is good for proving a lot of very useful things, but even science acknowledges it's limitations.

I'm not a believe in Christ because of "logic" or "proof".

It's like love. Can you "prove" someone loves you or that you love someone? Well you can show it. You can try to communicate it in a way the other person can understand. Sometimes it works, hopefully most times in a good relationship. They can also work on being open to you.

It's similar with Jesus. God is trying to show us we are loved, but it's also possible for us to learn to open to that love. You can have a wonderful life without ever needing God or Jesus, if that is the case I am happy for you.
Can you simply do the same for me? Wish me well without a condescending attitude that I'm doing life wrong?
>>
>>134744349
Lol were getting into philosophy now. I never claim it is proof but merely it is evidence that warrants faith. Very few things have proof, thus "fact" is a bit of a misnomer. It only makes sense in relation to proof thus fact is very rare. Everyone relies on evidence and faith for their worldview. There are not enough proofs to form a worldview that isn't just paralysed nihilism. Will you fight or will you perish like a dog?
>>
>>134744410
Dude, you haven't considered commentaries

People wrote commentaries on ancient texts. Copies of those commentaries survive, at least in part or sometimes in quotation. Therefore we can deduce the contents of physical documents we no longer have. Therefore if 2nd century Christians wrote a commentary on Josephus and don't mention what would be (for them) the most important passage, the only important passage in fact, then it must be a later forgery. End of debate.
>>
>>134744054

>Pick which religion is cooler

I'll take the one that shaped the world more than any other force in history and still has miracles being performed to this day.
>>
File: religion-bible-truth-slavery.png (82KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
religion-bible-truth-slavery.png
82KB, 269x187px
>>134744295
It was enough to make it clear there was nothing true there. I read a lot in that tine as I am retired.

I even read Ehrman's book claiming to prove the existence of Jesus. It is an embarrassment.

There is very little serious work that actually addresses the question. Carrier's book is by far the most rigorous and careful in the field.

Think of it this way: Even if we assume Jesus existed, what do we know reliably about him? Virtually nothing!

Every sect has a different view. This is because there is nothing solid that is known.
>>
>>134744677
>zoom ahead 1000 years
>niggers have taken over the planet
>the last white man on earth will use this logic to justify converting to Islam and getting cucked.
>>
>I trust a book written by some folk 2000 years ago when documents were scarce and most likely it was all a political maneuver to take over the believers from Judaism and Roman religions

Seriously before you consider what's on the bible you have to consider how the bible came to be. A ripoff of the old Testament, made up to inspire people to believe that the messiah the Jewish were waiting for had already appeared, and change the old laws to fit with what the new testament writers wanted to believe.

I'll believe divine inspiration when i see it happening in my lifetime, not when some old dusty book tells me to.
Might as well believe the Qoran is the word of God, you gullible fucks
>>
>>134744641
>clutching at straws to avoid inevitable conclusions a dismiss mountains of evidence
>this one commentary that has survived doesn't mention this therefore its fake and Jesus doesn't exist

Babbys first attempt at logic
>>
>>134744754

That's a nice imagination you have there atheicuck
>>
File: religion-evidence-1437865367026.jpg (94KB, 630x456px) Image search: [Google]
religion-evidence-1437865367026.jpg
94KB, 630x456px
>>134744473
>Can you simply do the same for me? Wish me well without a condescending attitude that I'm doing life wrong?

This would be well and good except that Christians use their fairy stories to impose their beliefs on the rest of us.

Example: I have cancer. I cannot access euthanasia because religious fanatics think "God gives life and only God can take it away". So I am going to suffer a horrible death because Jesus.

So yes if you will fuck off and leave non-religious people alone, great. But not otherwise.
>>
File: 1497741898888.jpg (99KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497741898888.jpg
99KB, 960x960px
>>134744754
>>
>>134744907
I'm just saying, Christianity is only the defining religion in this moment in time.
Maybe in 2000 years people will mostly be Scientologists, will they be any less silly than you?
>>
>>134744899
>mountains of evidence

Where's this evidence? All you've given me so far are hallucinations and Josephian forgeries.

Give me some evidence and I'll change my mind about everything.
>>
>>134744002

I've plainly admitted, I'm not using logic to verify my beliefs. There does exist a world beyond human logic, which is a limited way of understanding the world. It leads to being very bitter and kind of dead on the inside.

I'm not trying to convince anyone else of my beliefs. What's so fascinating is that the militant aggressive ones are the non believers here, trying to tell everybody else how to be. Why are my beliefs so threatening to you that you need to attack, insult, belittle, etc?
>>
>>134744473
>God is trying to show us we are loved

And rather than talking directly to you like he supposedly did to the patriarchs he decided that he was gonna write a book and just let you learn from it? Sounds like a lazy ass God to me.

Please don't say "God wants", "God is trying" etc. I don't read Harry Potter and say "Voldemort is trying to teach me". Your book was not written by God, so it is just the opinion of a few people on what God is. Please consider studying other religions and sacred books
>>
>>134738319
jesus was a rabbi and its well known in judaism saying a few words of the verse implies it in the entirety
>>
>>134744726
Hey I'm not saying ehrman isnt retarded. But he is an example of a leading atheist bible scholar who believes Jesus existed.

If you are just going to dismiss the huge amount of evidence that is the bible and the writings of the church fathers then I can't help you
>>
>>134744611
>Everyone relies on evidence and faith for their worldview.

You have jumped the shark here. Evidence and faith are two completely different things.

Faith is a poor source of knowledge. The 9/11 hijackers had faith. Faith is not caring what is true, only what you want to be true.

I prefer evidence.

And the evidence Jesus existed is weak. It is possible he did exist but even so we know next to nothing reliably about him, let alone that he was resurrected.
>>
>>134744726
Reliability of Jesus being true on what he claims to be is to see if all of work correlates according to the old testament. Instead of looking whether Jesus exist or not.

Actually just research if he is actually the messiah based on the prophecies ofold testament. Then investigate whether or not the Old testament itself is true and not made up at all.
>>
>>134745071
>Why are my beliefs so threatening to you that you need to attack, insult, belittle, etc?
Because you're insane and you represent a large chunk of the voting population.
>>
File: 1497033110440-fit.jpg (121KB, 668x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497033110440-fit.jpg
121KB, 668x1024px
>>134738319
Thank-you for making this thread. I just went and read all of palms 22 and it really helped me with some stuff I have been struggling with. God be with you brother.
>>
File: 1500351170199.jpg (57KB, 480x853px) Image search: [Google]
1500351170199.jpg
57KB, 480x853px
>>134745162
>>
>>134745026
The new testament and writings of the church fathers

7 non christian texts too including the Talmud.

If you are going to ignore all this because it doesn't fit your nonsensical standards for textual criticism then historical inquiry is a study lost to you
>>
>>134738319
Dude there's literally thousands of examples exactly like this.

The bible is the world's one and only hyperlinked book.

Their called parallel passages and the bible is riddled with them.
>>
File: IMG_0919.png (427KB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0919.png
427KB, 2208x1242px
>>134745162

>Represent voting population

Hahahahah. Attached is voting intention by belief. Notice how atheists and Jews are virtually identical.

If you allow people to think that atheism is acceptable you get moral degradation, communism, identity politics, etc. Things that directly enables Islam.

You should fight the enemy within with the same vigour that you fight the enemy without.

You might get faggots replying to this post saying 'hurr well I'm a red pilled atheist I voted for Trump', well how is that any different from Abdul from Syria saying 'I'm not like those other muslims, I'm moderate'? Stereotypes exist for a reason, and evidence dictates atheists are social poison.
>>
>>134744247
nice bias

accepting facts only when they support your already determined view point

very nice

i wonder who (((you))) are
>>
>>134745257

See

>>134740517

For a lovely visual representation
>>
>>134745224
Your posts represent extreme outliers.
Meanwhile, christcucks have effected everything from prisons to hospitals to marriage for years and years. All based on nothing.
>>
>>134745250
peasants are largely unteachable

stupid animals

he is a useless eater dont waste your time knowledge is a privilege not a right
>>
>>134738525
>forgetting that he was a kike and had the torah memorized like all kikes are forced to
>what is (((self-fufilling))) ((("prophecy"))
>>
>>134745356
LGBT i know why youre butthurt

butthurt we wont accept your mental disease?
>>
>>134745142
Evidence is seeing things fall to the floor. Faith is believing gravity exists. Proof is maths and logic

There is no proof for gravity yet only evidence. You would be an idiot to not have faith in the existence of gravity
>>
File: 1500351268166.png (417KB, 618x590px) Image search: [Google]
1500351268166.png
417KB, 618x590px
>>134745356
We built the western world. We built the hopsitals and formed marriage. Your continued existence is only by our good nature and it is running out faggot.
>>
>>134745443
but he is an idiot

he probably fell for the global warming myth
>>
>>134745352
Ah nice.

Seen that before.

Here ... have fun https://www.blueletterbible.org

Also if you aren't saved yet..
https://youtu.be/UA8_fqUZLEU
>>
>>134745438
>>134745286
Did you know American prisons were designed based on puritan values of pentinence? That's why we can't rehabilitate for shit in this country. That's just one example of christcuck poison.
>>
>>134744054
No, I can talk with my dead grandma just because I can. This isn't really even that out there.

It's not my job to figure out which religion is objectively "right". I'm not a Christian because I looked around, read a book, believed it was true because it passed my logical test, and decided all others were wrong. You are totally missing the point of religion if you do that. That's not real faith anyway.

Real faith involves deep introspection and personal experience. I don't know why you are so interested in putting me down and insulting me for that.

Real faith is a lot more challenging that just accepting things in a book or deciding who the coolest god is.
>>
>>134745376
It's not for his benefit. I know he's most likely a trolling Jew. I'm just arguing for the sale of spectators so they aren't fed lies
>>
>>134738786
>Also if you'v ever ridden the bus with a woman on her period, you need to be killed.
Why?
>>
>>134745533
because you don't find it odd that you have voices in your head.
Mostly.
>>134745556
obscure christcuck law, no going near a woman on the rag.
>>
>>134743343

read Isaiah 53 too bro, God bless!
>>
>>134745071
>Why are my beliefs so threatening to you that you need to attack, insult, belittle, etc?

Because all of human progress derives from working out which ideas are actually right, and which are completely wrong.
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>134745001
>Christianity is only the defining religion in this moment in time

Is it? It seems to me that Islam is the religion of these days, and I feel that in 50 years there will be a muslim takeover (either violent or through reproduction) and Christianism will take second place since most christians are peaceful and will not fight to defend their beliefs because they don't entirely believe in them and it's more just an excuse to have an explanation for the universe and life
>>
>>134745531

>Personal responsibility is bad

Atheists are literally the weakest people you could meet.
>>
File: funny_face_head-670x270[1].jpg (32KB, 670x270px) Image search: [Google]
funny_face_head-670x270[1].jpg
32KB, 670x270px
>>134745156
that only works if you have a book written directly by Jesus, but if you have an account written 100 years after the man died by someone else then I'm afraid that is not coming directly from Jesus, so no matter what you read, you can't really know "what he claims" directly from his mouth

>tfw you realize you've been reading fables
>>
>>134744958
I feel for you anon.

Your situation is caused by Christians, not Jesus. And it's unfortunate that some Christians' do not include this level of compassion.

I hope you can find someone qualified to assist you.

Do you mind if I pray that you find what you need?
>>
>>134745763
That's actually the point I was making.
If you base your faith on "this one is the most successful" then if Islam takes over the west, you'll convert because "Well God let it happen"
>>134745855
>locking people in cages to pray is a good idea
Yeah it only costs 30k a year, why not?
>>
>>134745250
>The new testament
Paul didn't believe in a living Jesus. Galatians 1:12.
Mark didn't believe in a living Jesus. Mark 8 (I think, don't have a bible handy)
The other Gospel writers just copied Mark
The other Pauline epistles are forgeries
Total evidence? Zero.

>7 non christian texts
Most of them don't mention Jesus at all and they're all 2nd century or later

>it doesn't fit your nonsensical standard
You believe in a talking snake. Best not to question other peoples' sanity.
>>
>>134745504
>"we built"
>probably posting from his room, blinds drawn shut, one hand on the keyboard and the other in his pants
>>
>>134746089
and I should know because that's what I'm doing rn
>>
>>134745531
no fucktard

theyre designed on a private for profit prison system and legalized slavery

they work in prison for a few dollars a day
>>
>>134746089
not an argument....
>>
>>134744958
they don't have hospice?
>>
>>134746125
>literally called a penitentiary
>this dumb nigger still can't look back further than 30 years
>>
>>134738319
I explain it by not caring about it.
To me, you look like furries arguing about the episode 6 of MLP.
It's a nice fairy tale, but you're fucking disgusting and retarded.
>>
File: Untitled.png (336KB, 1197x819px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
336KB, 1197x819px
>>134745257
>The bible is the world's one and only hyperlinked book
i don't know mang, star wars universe is pretty confusing desu
>>
>>134746405

"He who does not thirst for God in this life, will thirst for Him in the next."

Good luck with that, atheicuck.
>>
>>134745938
You're completely incorrect and just spewing the same old debunked (((arguments)))
>>
>>134746631
"He who does not thirst for Cock in this life, will thirst for It in the next"

prove me wrong? you can't. It's written in a book from 2000 years ago called Kamasutra. This book is true because a lot of people say it's true and it's so old so you gotta believe in it
>>
>>134746577

Hmmm. Problem with that image is the apostles died without getting rich, getting a girlfriend or getting power, they all died horribly. There was no point in spreading Christianity if they didn't believe in it. Why would they risk their life if it wasn't true? Why would they risk their life if it was all forged? Why would Paul try to join this new small church?
Also the only accounts of Romans getting Christians to change their faith was after the 1st century. No account of eyewitnesses ever changing their story.
>>
>>134746859

Can you give me chapter and verse for that, atheicuck?
>>
>>134745094
I'm 41. I have been a meditating Buddhist for 20 years and studied religious studies in college and have spend 3 years cumulatively of my life in solitary and group meditation retreats and I came to a point where I needed extra help in healing myself from old wounds and I became quite desperate after a period of substance abuse. After being humbled by all of that I decided to walk into a church last Christmas to see what was there (hadn't been to church as an adult ever).

I immediately sensed an accepting, loving energy in the building, similar to experiences I had in meditation retreats in shrine rooms where people have been meditating a lot.

The sermon was nice, but then they invited people to come up to the front to pray with prayer partners. My life had been stuck for a while and I didn't know what I was doing at all but I was at my wits end. I experienced a very deep moment of acceptance and forgiveness.

Can you imagine? Having mediated for twenty years, still not being able to heal and grow past a certain point, carrying all kinds of shame, feeling like I failed at mediation, getting caught up in substance abuse, feeling suicidal over the previous year... and it all finally broke down when for some reason I went to a hokey CHURCH of all places. There was a feeling of acceptance I had not previously felt.

Those types of experiences do not easily leave people. It caused me to keep coming back to that church and to be curious about a deeper relationship with Christ, but for me it would have to be real, and personal, especially given my previous experience with meditation practice. I don't accept things unless I experience them for myself.

For me, a relationship with Christ is not about believing in a book. It's about directly contacting him everyday and through his love learning to open my heart and grow.

That is my experience.
>>
>>134746935
Don't you question his faith, he's basing it on personal experience with his personal copy of the book.
Also Jesus just texted me and said that guy's post is legit af then he sent an eggplant emoji with some liquid drops next to it then a red 100 so you know it's him.
>>
>>134746168
But I'm not arguing anything I'm just claiming that you're a fat loser who claims that christianity pretty much is the sole reason why we have smartphones and pornhub and I'm saying that we have these things not thanks to christianism but in spite of christianism. If christianism was heavily involved in things like science then there would be scientists trying to replicate the miracles on the bible or trying to set fire to a bush to set a direct link to talk to god.

But since christianism is a religion they are relegated to the realm of beliefs and morals, apart from a few banks and corporations and real state that they apparently need to own so that they can spread god in a better way
>>
>>134747022

That's a mighty fine lack of an argument you have there atheicuck, I assume you're conceding?
>>
>>134746996
bruh I just checked with J (his friends call him J not Jesus) and he said you're full of beans and he's never heard of you.
Then he snapchatted me a short video where he had dog ears and a muzzle! Classic J.
>>
>>134747092

>science then there would be scientists trying to replicate the miracles on the bible or trying to set fire to a bush to set a direct link to talk to god.

Only atheists think in terms of science vs religion. Think of it this way, science is the measure and study of the physical using observation and experimentation. By it's very nature it cannot presume to offer any substantial view on the metaphysical. You cannot materially quantify the immaterial. It's like looking through a microscope and trying to find an atom of justice or a molecule of mercy.

I hope you see why you're being fallacious.
>>
>>134747190
I posted my story know you'd do your best to try to shame me.

Maybe it'll be helpful to you one day if you remember any parts of it.
>>
>>134747190

It's horrible not being able to defend your position logically, isn't it?
>>
>>134746914
>Why would they risk their life if it wasn't true? Why would they risk their life if it was all forged? Why would Paul try to join this new small church?

Why do muslim suicide bombers blow themselves up? They're not gaining anything, not getting rich.
Or, are they? They believe they are going to get a reward in the next life, they will be in heaven. Could it be that the early christians were also just so adamant on their beliefs that they were ready to face the ultimate consequences rather than renounce their god?

Think about you. What are you gaining from being here trying to show me why the god of the bible is real? Nothing. You do it because to you is something enjoyable, and perhaps you feel you're doing "the right thing" , using your time to speak god. Other people are more serious about this, and they speak publicly and preach. Others write books and go to countries were people are savages and try to teach them about Jesus and the whole thing.
>>
>>134747179
Dude don't doubt me and J's personal connect, we went to high school together. I drove him around after he got his first car (it was a manual and he kept getting his hand hole stuck on the stick shift)
>>
>>134746935
It's in the kamasutra, chapter "Your mom" verse 69
>>
>>134747320

But God is real, and He died for you. That's the point you seem to be ignoring.
>>
>>134746697
>just spewing the same old debunked (((arguments)))

Debunked by whom? Not by you, obviously.
>>
>>134738319
Wow, it's almost like someone sat down with the old Psalms, invented a tale that matched them precisely, and declared a Messiah.
>>
>>134747300
Bruh are you trying to throw shade at J?
One text from me and you'll be in hell.
>>
>>134747349
>>134747337

This is what the atheist is reduced to when you push him into a corner. They have no logic to back their positions, so they pretend to have pithy comments.

It all very Reddit.

Why don't you explain to us all how the atheism fairy magically exploded nothing into everything, and had it magically form sentient life next?
>>
All these so-called "Christians" doubting others' personal relationship with God. As if God wouldn't be able to use Snapchat You're all going to hell for not believing. Smh at the state of Trigon today desu.
>>
>>134747529
That's it....
Sending him a screencap of this thread.
Good luck in the next life bucko.
>>
>>134747255
>You cannot materially quantify the immaterial. It's like looking through a microscope and trying to find an atom of justice or a molecule of mercy

But you also can't say what is immaterial and what is material. If god really wrote the bible he didn't really explain much about the universe around us. I am assuming that we have free will to explore and try to make sense of this whole thing we call the universe. Right? Well remember how much the catholic church prosecuted astronomers for saying that the world was round, or that the sun didn't rotate around the earth? Back then those astronomers were probably considered to be going against the will of god, but guess what: thanks to those heathens we now can travel to the moon, send motherfucking robots to take pictures of mars and much more in the next years.

What I was saying was that christianism hasn't really touched much other than art, religion and poor countries really. It was much more influential in the past, but these days nobody really does things "in the name of christianism", it's more about humans and society (i'm a liberal, i'm a democrat, etc)

Without christianism some things would have been different, definitely. But also without microsoft, without iphones, without bangbros.com
>>
>>134747436

Wait, so God is dead?

Fuck!
>>
>>134747469
The church. I already debunked your previous arguments too. Look back in our conversation. Not hard considering they come from the brain of a child
>>
>>134747436
god died?
>>
>>134747509

>Atheist intellectuals
>>
>he fullfilled a prophecy!
Meaning?
>the religion must be true!
Why?
>he displayed power
So might makes right?
>yes
And if there is somebody mightier whom you haven't heard about?
>durrr
>>
I honestly had no idea how petty and mean atheitsts were. I assumed most were just kind of apathetic.

It's interesting that once I opened up and because genuine and shared my story, the super sarcasm started. It's like they use sarcasm to guard against the vulnerability shown by another person. Jesus was the ultimate symbol of vulnerability, turned to a strength.

I think the folks here showing all the sarcasm are just protecting themselves and fending that off because they are afraid of it in themselves. Maybe because they have been hurt in the past.
>>
>>134747766

>Green texting and replying you your own post

Schizophrenia is terrible
>>
>>134747529
See you're so dumb you didn't even get the whole argument, but thinking that you had understood you vomited your bile all over the keyboard.

My argument is that I can prove that he needs to suck cock based on the sacred teachings of Kamasutra, a book that in fact predates the new testament so historically it's more ancient and wise that the bible writings. Also you probably can't prove as fact anything that appears in the kamasutra, much like you can't do with the christian bible. Both are books that could be 100% bullshit fables to entertain the locals or to stop them from fucking other people's wives
>>
>>134738319
You don't know what this meant to me
Jesus is Lord
Please stop denying it
Let him work through you
Win the war
>>
>>134747823
>implying I'm being sarcastic
>implying J isn't currently snapchatting me your spot in hell if you don't believe this post
>>
>>134747823
Um dude we're just sharing our stories too. Lmao stop getting all defensive just listen and believe.
Are you assuming my religious stance?
>>
>>134747868
You sound like a good christians, calling disidents schizos. Is that how you show brotherly love?
Yeah, as I've said many times, christianity is a demonic cult whose followers are pretty aware of its demonic origin and their behaviour doesn't hide it.
>>
>>134747823
>buddhist
>worshipping Christ not Krishna

dude lmao

But your experience does not prove that Christ is real. If you're a buddhist and you meditate a shit lot then you probably understand that there are energies and weird stuff that collects (thoughforms and godforms) Churches are huge and built to impress you, so you feel small and your brain is like Oh wow the owner of this place must be a really rich powerful guy.

But this can just mean that you like architecture, and quiet places, it doesn't prove god.

I'm happy for you, keep exploring the christ consciousness and who knows where will it take you
>>
>>134747987
> i decide whats good and bad
Well well.
>>
>>134748091
Yes, deciding personally ensures that I do not get lied about it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (501KB, 1103x732px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
501KB, 1103x732px
>>134740517
i knew that graphic reminded me of something
>>
>>134747320

The point is, Christian martyrs died for refusing to deny what they SAW. The apostles SAW Jesus after the crucifixion, and professed it despite being threatened with horrible torture.
>>
>>134747875

You don't have an argument Reddit, you're just sarcasm posting to make up for your lack of understanding.

It's sad really.
>>
>>134748267
yo,
J asked me to ask you what's wrong with Reddit?
>>
>>134747823

Satan is real friend. Demons are real and evil. Atheists are absolutely wide open to this influence, and I dare say; are undoubtably under this influence.

God bless you, you will be rewarded.
>>
>>134747724
I claim that Paul didn't believe in a living Jesus. You could easily debunk this claim by providing one passage in the Pauline epistles that mentions a living Jesus. But you can't.

I claim the Testimonium Flavianum is a forgery. You could easily debunk this claim by producing a 2nd/3rd century document which mentions the TF. But you can't.

I say the "7 non-Christian documents" don't even mention Jesus. You could easily debunk this claim by citing a line from one of these documents. But you can't.

You should be able to debunk me. Easily. But you can't, can you?
>>
File: Apricot Seeds Destroy Cancer.jpg (43KB, 480x668px) Image search: [Google]
Apricot Seeds Destroy Cancer.jpg
43KB, 480x668px
>>134744958
Have you tried eating apricot seeds? I heard they cure cancer.
>>
>>134747932

Begone, slave of the devil.
>>
>>134748267
damn i got a troll, i thought i was really going to have an argument with a person

you wasted my time
>>
>>134748507
J says because you have no chill in this life, you'll have no chill in the next.
Then he sent me a dick pic which was weird but I think he meant to send it to someone else.
>>
>>134748067

The only way to know Christ is through personal experience. No other way. None. That's what I learned through meditation.

And you actually have to attend to it everyday, or else you are going off of a memory.

The thing is, at a certain point, you have to give up attempts at trying to fit Christ into our own concept of him, using a diminishing phrase like "christ consciousness" or anything like that.

And turning it into a "concsiousness" rather than a real historical person, you cut yourself off from the fullness of Christ's actual life, which was part of his teaching.

Christ is not just some meditative state of mind that you work yourself into. It's a lot bigger than that.

To cut right to the chase it's about surrender. Surrender is very difficult for modern people. We are taught to glorify our personalities and ourselves. The 100,000 prostrations I did as part of my Buddhist practice years ago helped me with surrender. In a way my Buddhist practice helped my discover Christ. But you can't do it without surrender of some kind.
>>
>>134748250
Ok so I don't believe the gospels were written really by the apostles, most likely they were taken by paul from other sources, I am not an expert in biblical history, but I'm trying to learn more.

At the moment I'm listening to librivox audiobooks

https://librivox.org/immortality-and-the-unseen-world-by-w-o-e-oesterley/

https://librivox.org/the-origins-of-christianity-by-thomas-whittaker/

First one is about the belief in the after life and how it changed during the ancient world, second one is explaining the arguments of Van Manen against christianism. I would want to read books defending christianism and explaining their argument for the veracity of the bible, do you have anything good that you can recommend?
>>
>>134748467

This is absolutely laughable. I don't believe you actually believe Paul didn't believe in a living Jesus Christ because he didn't write the words "living breathing walking".

You lack self-awareness. You are making ridiculous claims that don't mean anything anyway. Where are you going with this line of argument?

is it honestly your position that Jesus Chridt didn't exist, and that He didn't have great game for miracles, and that He wasn't crucified?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGAHAGAHAHAGAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sorry. You are a fool if you hold this position. The Romans wrote you know... A lot.

The only adequate response to your arguments is pic related
>>
>>134748642
Just got a text. You. Me. J. Fish n chips. You down?
>>
>>134748614

Don't worry. We can continue it here

>>134748644
>>134748821
>>
>>134748955
Always shit's so cheap with J around.
Remember last time when he kept making more fish I was like bruh chill I'm full but he kept doing it because he was hammered.
>>
File: IMG_2795.jpg (238KB, 1440x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2795.jpg
238KB, 1440x1280px
>>134749074
>>134748955

God your both cringy faggots.
>>
>>134749201
w/e at least I'm going to heaven lol
>>
>>134738319
Daily reminder:
religion =/= christianity
not believing in christianity =/= atheism
>>
>>134749074
LOL totes. Everybody knows J loves his wine.
>>
>>134749201
Thanks I'm actually local chapter leader of Cringy Faggots for Jesus. We accept real and fake faggots. Jesus doesn't judge.
>>
>>134747436
Jesus is not God, pagan worshipping fool. read isaiah 53
>>
>>134740289
W E W
W
E
W
Talk about moving goalposts to fit your own confirmation bias!
>>
>>134738319

>There are people in this thread that think Jesus,peace be upon him was crucified and killed
>>
>>134748945
My arguments are laughable and could easily be debunked, but you can't debunk them.

mfw.
>>
File: 1500008728161.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500008728161.gif
899KB, 600x600px
>pearls: 30 or so
>swine: 400

interesting thread
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 600x405px
>>134748945

LOL
>>
>>134743480
Alright I'm going to spell it out for you once. Only once.

Tesla said that in order to understand the universe, and life, we must think in terms of vibrations and energy.

What is vibration? What is energy?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

What is a word? One or more syllables spoken in a vibratory pattern, right?

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

If you still do not understand it is because you choose to not to. But others will benefit from this message and you have spurred it's impetus, so for that I thank you.
>>
>>134750434
bruh how high are you you know J hates weed cuz it turns you gay.
>>
>>134750695

You are still sat on this thread with the same lame comments? Brother, come to Jesus Christ, demons are using you; and you and them are the losers in all this.
>>
>>134751054
>come to Jesus Christ
ew no.
I mean he's hot, he's got that whole swimmer's body thing going for him. Real otter mode but I'm more into bears.
>>
>>134738319
>very unique death
>crucifixion
Wat. Romans crucified hundreds of thousands.
>>
The most amazing prophecy of jesus is when he said that by pronouncing his name we would be able to do miracles.

It totally works.

>inb4 christians don't know their own scriptures and ask about it
>inb4 they try to argue it
>>
>>134748175
How does it ensure you're not lying to yourself ?
>>
>>134751495
Have you been pronouncing his original Aramaic name?

THOUGHT NOT, ATHEISTKEK

Checkmate atheists etc
>>
>>134751495
Guys, what you gotta understand about J is that he drinks a lot and he has a weird sense of humor. That was meant to be an in-joke but some joker took it literally and here we are.
You can't work miracles just by saying his name, that's silly. You have to at least text or call him on Skype.
>>
>>134739678
Walter Martin is phenomenal. I have his book on the cults.
>>
File: IMG_9224.jpg (71KB, 1085x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9224.jpg
71KB, 1085x451px
>>134738319
Um.... there are more Muslims than christians on planet earth... not that I'm happy about that.
>>
>>134751495
He said that to the Apostles. It also requires Faith on the part of both parties hence Jesus only working a few miracles in his hometown because he was regarded as the son of a carpenter and therefore they disregarded him.
>>
>>134751495
You also forget an important verse in Luke 4:12 Jesus answered, "It is said: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test

Atheists test God and fail to understand that Faith is required even Faith as small as a mustard seed. You have to want to know God but that requires humbling yourself a little amd speaking from experience and as someone who constantly struggles with this that is something Atheists and Agnostics struggle with.
>>
>>134754983
>Atheists test God and understand that evidence is required

Fixed that for you
>>
>>134755133
If you're doing it like a science experiment, you are missing the whole point.

You're trying to make a circus trick out of it.

You are trying to make God in your image.
>>
>>134755133
You sit there and demand God to dance for you like a monkey. God is unknowably greater than you, act like it and ask for God for help understanding.
>>
>>134738319
In the ancient Hebrew world a practice of stating the first line of a Psalm was followed by quoting the whole psalm. Or in other words Christ says this, the Pharisees may well have to recite the rest in a show of their own knowledge
>>
>>134745224
Prrof that every day, we stray further from God's love. We're almost at the height of degeneracy.
>>
>>134738319

Didn't know this, thanks for sharing this knowledge.

Christ is Lord. Atheists are nothing but slaves of the jew.
>>
>>134755133
I hope that someday and hopefully soon you can accept God's Grace. The Atheistic view point is inherently devoid of any hope and all paths down that road converge at the same point.
>>
>>134755653
God please help this world to raise the children right.
>>
>>134739043
Too bad that "myth" predates nicea. Nicea theory you have there, mind if I poke a huge gaping hole in it?
>>
>>134739184
Achuaullyyyy text is pre Roman, Romans used crucifixion. Yeeeayyyyyyyhhhhh
>>
>>134739647
Being this misinformed
>>
>>134754983
>Atheists test the god of the bible and find him lacking
>then they find God elsewhere and they remain convinced of their findings
>>
>>134755703
>Christ is Lord. Atheists are nothing but slaves of the jew.
B...but.... Jesus WAS a Jew.
>>
>>134756167
Atheists as we know them in the west are dealing with a massive cultural guilt trip designed to break down society. Look the Christian church ain't perfect, that is because it is run by humans.

But the lack of God in the western world has brought society to a near breaking point with tensions between nearly every group.
>>
File: 1406950769984.jpg (954KB, 900x3186px) Image search: [Google]
1406950769984.jpg
954KB, 900x3186px
>>134756390

He was a Judean. A person of Judah. The pharisees became the jews. Jesus rebuked the pharisees several times, calling them subhuman, and servants of satan, he was the first "anti-semite".

Jews follow the talmud, which wasn't even written until 5 centuries later.
>>
>>134756167
I'm not getting anything across with you, maybe you should go read some some literature by Atheists who have come to Christ and their reasoning. C.S. Lewis' essays are all phenomenal, and if you're looking for a modern argument against the new Atheist School of thought Darwin on Trial by Phillip E. Johnson (not an Atheist that converted but does write very well regarding one major aspect of their argument) is good as well as End of Reason by Ravi Zacharias where he specifically tackles Sam Harris but also touches base on Dawkins and the like.

Best wishes.
>>
>>134741552
Jesus Christ is God "The Son".In Christianity God is viewed as a being with 3 "faces":God "The Father",the creator of the universe,The Holy Ghost and God "The Son",God's essence is human form and body.They are the same being,only different aspects.
>>
>>134756390
Not really. There is no racial connection to the Pharisees of that time and modern Jews, which are racially Khazars. But there was financial corruption of the church and Jesus viewed himself as the messiah to purify that corruption and realize the true teaching of the Book which meant God was to be experienced personally by Jews and Gentiles alike. He viewed himself as upholding the ancient tradition.
>>
>>134756617
He was a semite himself, his teachings are semitic. Stop spilling shit
>>
>>134756778

Not an argument.
>>
>>134756718
>Muh khazars myth
yeah Jesus was really Nordic, right?
it's crazy what sort of mental gymnastics you christfags are prepared to do
>>
>>134740793
Long story short after Constantine converted the Roman pagan religion was outlawed. I'm not going to try to apply modern morals to the ancient past and say "he should have made a pluralistic society" but he still persecuted his own for the benefit of foreigners.
>>
>>134756778
And many Saints were European.
>>
>>134738319
When does the flying spaghetti monster makes his appearence?
>>
Jesus son of Maria (PBUT) was not crucified.

God (Allah) won't allow for him to die that miserable way.
>>
>>134756971
I'm not really sure what you are saying.

I'm saying modern "Jews" (ashkenazi let's say) are Khazars. They are not from Israel racially.
>>
>>134755762
Amen
>>
>>134756971
Probably the closest thing to Jesus racially and spiritually are the Melkite Christians in Syria which trace their roots to Palestine.
>>
>>134748879
>Ok so I don't believe the gospels were written really by the apostles, most likely they were taken by paul from other sources
The chronological order is all f'ed-up, arguably to give prominence to the self-proclaimed apostle, (((Paul))). James is the earliest book, roughly followed by Pauline lettre, gospel, Pauline lettre, gospel, etc. Viewed through chronological lens, it looks more like a back and forth between gospel authors and (((Paul))).
Thread posts: 306
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.