[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With all the talk of legalizing pot: why in the living FUCK is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: industrial_hemp.jpg (33KB, 250x293px) Image search: [Google]
industrial_hemp.jpg
33KB, 250x293px
With all the talk of legalizing pot: why in the living FUCK is hemp still illegal?
>>
Are you talking about on a federal level? Because alcohol companies and big pharma lobby against the legalization of weed because it will cut into their profits.
>>
>>134734020
fpbp
alcohol should be ethanol, but yes
>>
Idk, my dude.

I do whatever I can to push the legalization of hemp and marijuana. I've illuminated and educated ignorant family members. I vote with my wallet by supporting hemp growers via purchases hemp protein powder for muscle gainz instead of whey, so that I vote with my wallet. Hemp protein is more gentle on the GI than whey protein anyways. Whey protein makes me bloated.

Legislation moves slowly. Marijuana will inevitably be legalized. It's probably going to take about 15 years. Boomers need to die off first. This is what's holding legalization back.
>>
>>134734020
>Because alcohol companies and big pharma lobby against the legalization of weed

Except hemp isn't weed. Other than a slippery slope argument hemp doesn't affect the alcohol or pharma market.
>>
>>134733891
What about hemp is illegal? I see hemp products from time to time... Mostly hair care& clothes, hippies wear those necklaces all the time...
Is it just illegal to grow stateside or something?
>>
File: 1482044253766.png (13KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1482044253766.png
13KB, 560x407px
>>134733891
>>
File: 3518289_hemp.gif (69KB, 485x399px) Image search: [Google]
3518289_hemp.gif
69KB, 485x399px
>>134734801
Textiles and cordage industries...

Hemp solves too many problems for too many Monopolies... Hence it's illegal.
>>
>>134735272
IIRC it's regulated the same way how poppy seeds are grown from human consumption. Different strains have different potency and yield, and I believe many of the food products grown from hemp and poppy are under the jurisdiction of both the FDA and the DEA
>>
File: Happy Merchant HD.gif (87KB, 1607x2047px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Merchant HD.gif
87KB, 1607x2047px
>>134733891

>With all the talk of legalizing pot: why in the living FUCK is hemp still illegal?

Same reason why medicinal cannabis has struggled to be legalized.

Because the people who know how to grow and manufacture it don't have lobbyists whereas the growers and manufacturers of competing materials do.

As soon as someone in the establishment has the market cornered it will be legal.
>>
>>134733891
Money, anon.
>>
Abraham Lincoln's Lover, Joshua Fry Speed was raised on a hemp plantation in Kentucky. Joshua's brother James, was Lincoln's Attorney General.
>>
File: hemp-uses.jpg (142KB, 670x475px) Image search: [Google]
hemp-uses.jpg
142KB, 670x475px
>>134733891
Because rich people in past invested in pharmacy, building materials, paper and ton of others things hemp can easily emulate and in many cases replace. How would they make money if people could grow whatever they need in their backyards? It was never about weed being bad for people, it was bad for jews because you can't tax or patent a plant that grows almost itself. Even your goverment has a constitution written on hemp, patent proving benefits of marijuana, and used it when convenient in past and then immediatly banned it so it doesn't interfere with profits of rich people. I personally don't care about legalization, illegal status keeps prices down, legal status would make it more convenient.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.