[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catholics of /pol/, report in. Let's have a thread. Who's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 725_Cardinal_Burke_Cappa_Magna.png (2MB, 1200x772px) Image search: [Google]
725_Cardinal_Burke_Cappa_Magna.png
2MB, 1200x772px
Catholics of /pol/, report in. Let's have a thread.

Who's your favorite cardinal? I'm a big fan of Cardinal Burke and Cardinal Sarah. Cardinal Napier out of South Africa is pretty cool, too. Also, the Holy Father needs to answer the dubia already.
>>
>>134624919
>Catholics
are satanic pedophiles kys
>>
>>134624919

I'm a traditionalist and I think the dubia is just pointless shitstirring
>>
>>134624919
I'm not catholic. As of this moment I'm an agnostic atheist but I truly deeply feel a calling to the faith my ancestors so fervently defended (from Spain btw). If you have the patience or time, I urge anyone on this thread to help convince me of the true religion.
>>
File: 1449150772896.jpg (114KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
1449150772896.jpg
114KB, 960x800px
>>134624919
Woo hoo, off topic shitposting threads sure are fun.
Do you think it would it be wrong to murder someone because you know they'll come back because they're a time paradox duplicate and youve killed them before?
Are ducks fish?
>>
File: burke.jpg (1MB, 1533x2300px) Image search: [Google]
burke.jpg
1MB, 1533x2300px
>>134625109
I think Burke and co. are stirring a bit of shit, but at the same time the law needs to be laid down on that strange footnote in Amoris Laetitiae. The pope needs to say definitively that there is no change in Church teaching, and that civilly divorced and remarried couples who have not received an annulment, and who are actively having sex, cannot receive the Eucharist. This has been Church teaching for centuries now. It's doctrine, and can't be changed. All this talk of "pastoral care and accompaniment" smacks of them trying to sneak doctoral change in through the back door, and the dubia were issued in response to that.
>>
>>134625019
Correction freewill gives us the choice to sin or follow god, there are bishops, priests, and popes in hell anon. Only saints go to heaven.
>>
>>134625878

I think the Church has already made it clear that nothing has changed.
My problem with the dubia is that it just seems like a series of "Have you stopped beating your wife?" type questions. And that's why they have not been answered already.

Many people within the Church can see the ebb and flow of secular society and are rightfully defensive about the Church. But this sometimes leads to misguided attacks on the See, and in extreme cases, things like apostasy and sedevacantism. And these trends within the Church are just as worring as modernism.
>>
>>134626141
Free will can not exist in a system with an omnipotent creator. This isn't complicated.
>>
>>134626411
>I think the Church has already made it clear that nothing has changed.

There is too much ambiguity right now. Different archdioceses are applying AL in different ways. Uniform doctrine should be reasserted. Francis could make all this trouble go away simply by stating blatantly that the old teachings remain in place. That's all Burke and the rest of the traditionalists want. I actually like Francis quite a bit, and agree with nearly everything he's said and done. But this business with marriage and divorce is the speck of shit in the ice cream. It's souring me on him generally, because it's very much a big deal.
>>
>>134626141
but why does the church have such a large number of sick fucks in high up positions . I know a guy that was sexually abused and raped by the bastards . his life was ruined by this he is a 60 year old alcoholic now . the church is rotten to its core and guess what the people that did this were never changed .
>>
>>134624919

Cardinal Ouellet, from Quebec and very conservative
>>
>>134624919
Cardinal Arinze all day everday day.
>>
>>134624919
Bernard Fellay all the way. Yeah I know he's not a cardinal but SSPX doesn't really have those.
>>
The key problem for me in regards to the church is the liberalization of its communities.

My parents, for example, were always staunch catholics and we had to go to church at least every sunday, and we also had to attend these prayer holidays or whatever they were, and that was fun and all.

Problem was, this was some real hippie shit.
They'd hang out with franciscans and such, there were plenty of weird people, former addicts, current addicts, ecumenism was always on the menu, sometimes the point of the holidays was not to pray but to be a missionary on the streets and to invite people in, and there was never any contemplation, always cheery guitar songs and holy mass that felt wrong once I went to a real church for the real ceremony.
Maybe it just felt that way because I was an altar boy at the time, and that was a completely different experience. Nevertheless, I think my parents' generation, aka the post-VaticanII generation were the first indication of what is to come for the church. This pope is only the direct result of that. It's funny because on one hand liberals are always religiously anti-catholic in all things, but I get a sense that modern-day catholics are largely liberals that attend church. There's no real humility in the face of God anymore, it's just church, happy hippie songs, bunch of franciscans, and ecumenism, always with the ecumenism.

Feels a bit... not real.
>>
File: the-young-pope.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the-young-pope.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>134628412
My hope is that John Paul and Benedict had a powerful influence on the up and coming generation. Nearly all the younger priests I've met tend to be more traditional, and I think that's largely due to the previous two popes. Also, I've met my fair share of young people who are fervent for God and the Church. It's interesting: it seems these days that the younger Catholics are the conservatives, and the older ones (including Francis and those who support him) are the liberals.
>>
>>134624919
>Cardinal Burke

Fuck him. Literally the worst cardinal.
>>
>>134624919
I'm Catholic but I'm new, and don't really know the Cardinals. What are Cardinals anyways? Are they clergy? Do they have to be bishops first?

>>134625196
Well if you're agnostic I don't think anyone can prove to you that God exists. You're going to have to make a judgement in faith if you want to be religious. However, if you're interested in learning the bible with good interpretations you should check out all of Jeff Cavins' work. He was Catholic, converted to Protestantism as a minister, and finally came back to being Catholic, going on to teach others. He's pretty based.

http://biblestudyforcatholics.com

I started by watching him explain the bible pretty much verse to verse, after reading an old testament book a week in 'The Great Adventure: A Journey Through the Bible'. Then when I moved to his study of Matthew it got detailed and I read just a couple chapters and he laid out information in detail in one hour sessions per chapter.
>>
>>134626593
Sure it can, just that the alternatives to the decisions we make are already known.
>>
>>134628412
The thing is that the church advocates for distributism as a form of ideal economic model. It can thankfully be voluntary through donations, but from the experiments tried of running a community in that way, it didn't pan out so well. You could say it was because they didn't have faith so it didn't work, but I'm an advocate of libertarianism and seperation of church and state with voluntary distribution through the church myself.
>>
>>134626593
>>134629898
Also, I'm a believer in timed windows of free will, with the butterfly effect having secured important decisions once made by an avalanche of related thoughts and guaranteed minor decisions being made after important events. I say this because I have dreams in which I see some events of my future, and then when I wake up I forget about them until just the moment when those events transpire, in which I can change my decision, but that doesn't stop further events I've dreamed about transpiring afterwards. Basically, because I can foresee the future in dreams, it means everything is planned, but I also still have free will because I can change events from happening.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.