[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pol recommended this as redpilled >literally the most

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: crossofshit.jpg (223KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
crossofshit.jpg
223KB, 1280x720px
>pol recommended this as redpilled
>literally the most bluepilled WWII movie I've seen since Private Ryan
>German army are shown as disorganized, disloyal, dishonorable, degenerate, lying, homosexual, frauds who "hate the uniform"
>Nazis are shown as a joke nobody in the army takes seriously, with pre-war Nazi footage being shown with children singing nursery rhymes in the background

pol was wrong AGAIN
>>
File: images (16).jpg (21KB, 225x331px) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
21KB, 225x331px
>all those echoberg names
You should have been able to tell from the poster

Picture related is about the only movie I've seen that
>has a sympathetic German protagonist
>who isn't a (((good German))) and is unrepentant

It's really a unique film. It's funny, you could make a film like that only ten years after the war when memories were still fresh but you could never ever make it these days. The star was even an ex-SS man, can you imagine the outrage if it was done today?
>>
>>134620057
I thought it was ok. The "evil aristocratic natzee" is annoying, sure, but it shows most German soldiers in a positive light given their circumstances. And iirc at the end the homo betrays the sargeant and tries to kill him.

/pol/ says it's redpilled because the Germans are the main characters and it takes place on the Eastern Front. What movie could do this nowadays?
>>
Wasn't ok at all

The best part is when they mock that they are "fighting for Western civilization" and "fighting for German culture"

Cross of Cucked
>>
>>134621253
thanks for the recommendation
will watch it later
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI4z2QbR5JU

there really aren't any movies, that show the german side, without shitting all over them in some way

only das boot comes to mind
I would also recommend watching it with original german voices with subtitles
>>
>>134624583
Das Boot is good, but they have moments where they scoff at Hitler and mock Nazis (didn't think the divided and tension between the armed forces and the party was this big, dunno)

Der Untergang portrays Nazis in a pretty sympathetic light and showed the end of the war as being on par with the apocalypse for Germans, as it should be. Very gloomy, but pretty accurate and fair
>>
>>134625285
the problem with untergang was the portrayal of hitler as a raving lunatic
even his personal secretary has said, that he never screamed at his subordinates
>>
>>134624583
Das Boot portrays Germans more sympathetically than most, but they're still 'good Germans'. You just never see a sympathetic German character who isn't at least disillusioned at best portrayed
>>
File: nupol_shitskin_waifus.gif (1MB, 343x356px) Image search: [Google]
nupol_shitskin_waifus.gif
1MB, 343x356px
>>134620057
>pol recommended this as redpilled
lol probably not, since /pol/ always says THERE ARE NO REDPILLED HOLLYWOOD MOVIES ABOUT WWII. I dare you to link to the post where /pol/ recommended this as redpilled
>inb4 you cant
>>
>>134620057
The most red pilled WWII doc is The Greatest Story Never Told
>>
>>134620057
It is literally 100% written, produced and directed by kikes what did you expect?
>>
>>134627178
This...kek.
>>
>>134620057
For ww2 movies i would reccomend White Tiger its made by russians and has a really redpilled scene with Hitler at the end.Also another good one is 1944 with Estonians fighting for the germans.

And also a german miniseries "Dear mother and dear father" or something like that.This one actually portrays the absolute normal patriotic german.
>>
>>134620057
I recommend German and Russian war movies from the 1950s up to the 1980s
They are surprisingly good because the memories were still fresh and the Hippie Generations hadnt taken over yet

"Hunde wollt ihr ewig leben" or
"Come and See" (Russian) for example
>>
File: war crimes.jpg (135KB, 800x501px) Image search: [Google]
war crimes.jpg
135KB, 800x501px
>>134631225
>Come and See
Literal commie "muh germanjetzkis were evil psychopaths who killed slavs for lulz" atrocity propaganda garbage.
>>
>>134631574
Have you even watched the movie ?
The "German Commando" is allmost entirely made up of slavs who hate russkies except for the Commanding officer and a few other Germans. Yes the shit is exagerated, but it is acurate
>>
>>134624007
>The best part is when they mock that they are "fighting for Western civilization" and "fighting for German culture"
This was bizarre. This is a train of thought you would see in America/England/France in WWII. You'd expect De Gaulle for instance to say this. These expressions are weird in the months of German officers. It was clearly a projection by (((producers))) to assimilate west-conservatism with nazis. Double ridicule with the actor saying ti in a ridiculous British accent.
>>
>>134620057
>>pol was wrong AGAIN
Look at the poster, what did you expect from a movie introduced by "Nat Cohen presents".
Lurk more.
>>
>>134621253
FPBP

>>134620057
It is a slimy movie. Fight scenes and the main actor were good enough and it had a surreal vibe, but it gives a very slanted take to push a generalised "message" and be depressing above all else.
>>
>>134620057
I also downloaded Cross of Iron after /pol/ recommended it, made it through about 10 minutes before turning it off.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.