[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a thread going about current scientific and technical

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 29

File: SSTO.jpg (177KB, 1200x655px) Image search: [Google]
SSTO.jpg
177KB, 1200x655px
Can we get a thread going about current scientific and technical happenings/achievements and their political relations/impacts?
> Genetic Engineering
> Machine Learning
> Quantum Computing
>>
>>134598775
lock her up
>>
It's been found that if you subject any form of artificial intelligence to the internet it will become racist.
>>
File: tmp5730_thumb_thumb.jpg (31KB, 640x282px) Image search: [Google]
tmp5730_thumb_thumb.jpg
31KB, 640x282px
>>
File: defense-large.jpg (72KB, 710x325px) Image search: [Google]
defense-large.jpg
72KB, 710x325px
bump. this thing can apparently go on water and land. its got two cameras on it but im sure you anons get the idea
>>
I'm an employee at Cisco Systems. I won't provide proof for obvious reasons, but keep this in mind despite taking this information with a grain of salt. I can tell you that the quantum leveraged networking that the Chinese have recently announced a success isn't impressive considering my company has been working with the DOD for around 10 years now.

Fiber networks are nothing compared to what we've created together. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to release this technology to the public for another 8 years. Let's just say that quantum leveraged networking will change everything from security to the devices we use. 8 more years until all of our lives change dramatically, in ways we haven't seen since the birth of the internet at DARPA.
>>
>>134599798
consumer grade quantum 2wake when?
>>
>>134599798
>quantum leveraged networking
Ya'll motherfuckers figured out how to do that quantum teleportation shit reliably and with high throughput?
>>
>>134600054
i suspect it's self authenticating public key cryptography using quantum spooky magic.
>>
>>134599798
This would also imply that Cisco and thee DOD have or are developing an extremely advanced AI, care to fill us in.
>>
>>134599218
Holy shit, the boulder from Indiana Jones is riped now.
>>
>>134600194
AI is meme fluff from silicon valley, the real shit is when cryptography becomes impossible to man in the middle because the quantum spooky freaks out if the signal is meddled.
right now all crypto relies on centralized entities called certificate authorities to verify authenticity of keys.
imagine a world without the need for the CA cabal, this is a bright future if so.
>>
>>134598846
fpbp
>>
File: 1308958081245.jpg (267KB, 900x896px) Image search: [Google]
1308958081245.jpg
267KB, 900x896px
>>134600194
>have or are developing an extremely advanced AI

Isn't developing a sentient, hyper-advanced AI the modern day equivalent of the space race among all interested parties?

On a side note, will we ever see bio-engineered horrors and chimeras utilized on the battlefield?
>>
>>134600757
>chimeras
>doesn't know about the real reason they repealed "don't ask don't tell"

no homo
>>
>>134599798
I have heard that shit for many decades. I'm a very oldfag. I was promised flying cars, a change to the metric system and moon and Mars base by now.

Nothing will change except for more degeneracy. And nothing is secure as long as humans have a hand in it. And you're a faggot. A gazillion companies do research for DARPA and all the info is compartmentalized regardless of security rating so fuck right off back to your little unicorn fantasy world faggot.
>>
>>134600194
AI is just one piece of the puzzle. Although we don't handle the development of AI itself, I suspect AI is one of the things the DOD is using their quantum mesh Network for. From a security aspect all quantum leveraged traffic is impossible to sniff. The real revolutionary thing about QLN is that there is vitually no latency despite the distance between point a and point b. Distance no longer matters. It's only limited by forces that are still unknown to us.

Keep in mind that quantum networking is different than quantum computing.
>>
>>134598775

I'm a researcher, not in the field of machine learning but I understand it well enough to give a quick overview, some one more knowledgeable can probably expand / correct what I write.

Machine learning is essentially a statistical technique except instead of using statistics to extract some parameters from your data you use it to predict what those parameters might be based on some data. Really machine learning is useful for predicting what an unknown parameter might be. Take for example an algorithm designed to estimate the best price you should sell your house for. If I gave you a list of the price of 10,000 houses recently sold in your market along with a bunch of features of those houses such as square footage, location to a school, number of floors, proximity to grocery store, size of backyard, etc, you could use that data to predict what you should sell your house for. This is literally all machine learning is, doesn't sound that fancy, does it? The reason why it's becoming so big now is because there's so much more data available than there was before. Now you can predict what someone will buy based on their previous purchases along with what websites they browse, or who they will vote for based on their facebook likes (and whether they can have their vote swung).
>>
File: protobutthole.jpg (39KB, 460x290px) Image search: [Google]
protobutthole.jpg
39KB, 460x290px
>>134598775

We Protoculture now?
>>
File: 1500185246952.jpg (470KB, 919x669px) Image search: [Google]
1500185246952.jpg
470KB, 919x669px
You've got Bogdabots™ inside of you right now.
>>
>>134599026

that is because all modern AI algorithms (now called machine learning) are just based on statistical correlations. If you look at statistics you find black people cause problems. It's really that simple.
>>
>>134598775
Anyone have any redpills on solar power? Everything I have read is that solar power is getting cheaper, and that we are right around the corner from a solar energy revolution which could eliminate our reliance on importing Saudi oil, which would completely reshape geopolitics. What will the muzzies do when nobody needs their oil?
>>
>>134602144

We're not right around the corner, solar is only cheap because it's heavily subsidized by the government (those subsidies are going to end soon). We are maybe 10 years away from solar power actually being cheap without the government fucking everything up, however there's also the issue of how to store the power which is an issue (right now we use lithium batteries which are expensive, rare and bad for environment)
>>
>>134602532
Yeah, and I know that solar panels are super toxic to produce/dispose of, though there's research being done to find alternatives (though there's always research being done).

The articles that I've read seem to indicate that solar is going to be cost competitive even without subsidies due to economics of scale and competition kicking into effect as the market expands. Also, lithium-sulfur batteries are going to hit the mainstream in 2020 via Sony if I remember correctly, which have a much higher energy density than lithium ion. Also, molten salt/solar concentrating power towers seem to make industrial scale solar a possibility, going off the fact that China is going to invest something like 360 billion into solar by 2020
>>
US Air Force TR-3B Locust. Currently doesn't exist officially, but has been seen all over.

It's the latest generation of craft modeled after the anti-gravity craft we recovered/were given by ayyylmaos. Those use antigravity, but apparently we don't have the means of producing the fuel for it, so their pretty useless on a large scale.
>>
>>134602532
Relevant article from January this year
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/world/asia/china-renewable-energy-investment.html
>>
>>134603795
What if we archive that
https://archive.is/V3hd5
>>
>>134603834
> He appears
God bless you, Nordbro.
>>
>>134600054
we werre teleporting non biomass items in 1993 in San marcos Cali.
>>
>>134599798
I just took up a position on your CSAP program. From what everyone was telling me, the networking business is dying and everyone, including cisco, is trying to move away from it and get more into cyber security, cloud migration etc.
>>
>>134598775
>current scientific happenings

They're trying to understand how this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyV7kwMRzdo
>>
File: [Pyramid].jpg (124KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
[Pyramid].jpg
124KB, 1024x819px
>>134598775

BBP's(Black Budget Projects) is where the "20-50 year" Tech is at & Power Structures also have access to them.

[KB's: http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge%20bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/%21%219O2tecpDHQ6/]

Advanced Aircraft, Space Programs,Super Soldiers, FEM(Free Energy Machines) & even things like Time Travel. BBP's have it all.
>>
>>134603795

the problem is chinks aren't good at making new things. That being said if they do make something that works it's much easier to steal that design than it is to create it new (aka what chinks always do to the US), so US can easily steal their technology.

I do believe they will spend $360B on solar energy, but I don't believe the $360B will be spent in a way that really does something terribly productive. Anyways here's hoping but as far as I've read solar power is still very expensive
>>
>>134604848
Well the thing is, one of the biggest impediments to the widespread adoption of solar isn't a technical problem, but an economic one. More spending on solar drives down costs and increases competition, which is why you have people predicting that solar is going to be the predominant new form of energy generation
http://www.businessinsider.com/solar-power-energy-renewables-cheapest-power-says-morgan-stanley-2017-7?op=1
>>
>>134605304

lets hope so it'd be a win win but I'd need to see if their calculations include (((subsidies))) or not
>>
>>134600182
Its the beast.

I bet its ai systems who will manage everything.
>>
>>134598846
Fpbp
>>
File: saga_paper06-1280x1024.jpg (684KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
saga_paper06-1280x1024.jpg
684KB, 1280x1024px
In the Matrix
Robot use human as their source of energy
Human use plant as their source of energy in their evolution

do you see the pattern ? we are parasite of plant . robot is parasite of human . they use us as their ladder for come to this world

and as always white people will stole my idea and not gif a single fuck about me because I am asian
that's it
that's human
>>
>>134599115
What good would this do, honest question. Anything biological traveling in it would die instantly. Aiming this thing to be accurate enough for supplies transportation would be a nightmare and its likely to over shoot anywhere its going anyway. So 'splain
>>
>>134605512
Have hope, anon, it's already happening in Europe with offshore wind
https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/offshore-wind-reaches-cost-competitiveness-without-subsidies
In the UK they are projecting for no subsidies cost competitiveness for solar by 2020
http://www.climatechangenews.com/2014/12/04/uk-solar-competitive-without-subsidies-by-2020/
I'll try to find more links, but everyone has been caught completely off guard by how fast solar has become cost competitive
>>
>>134606198
it's a gun, you dumbfuck
>>
>>134606282
It can be both you stupid faggot, thats the entire fucking point.
>>
>>134606231
>In the UK they are projecting for no subsidies cost competitiveness for solar by 2020

How? Somewhere sunny, yeah maybe, but here? There are time when I can go for weeks if not months without seeing it at all. Plus what sun we do get is weak.
>>
>>134601653
Hi mom. They're called niggers.
>>
>>134600422
what does this mean for the less tech literate?
>>
>>134598775

whatever happened to space elevator?
>>
File: the_future.jpg (450KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the_future.jpg
450KB, 1920x1200px
>>134606532
Dunno, I'm not an expert in UK renewable energy, but I'd encourage you to investigate it more. The Bloomberg New Energy Outlook 2017 report is also predicting that we are facing a massive disruption in the energy market, driven by solar and wind
https://about.bnef.com/new-energy-outlook/
Key findings:
> 72% of the $10.2 trillion spent on new power generation worldwide to 2040 will be invested in new wind and solar PV plants
> Solar is already at least as cheap as coal in Germany, Australia, the U.S., Spain and Italy. The levelized cost of electricity from solar is set to drop another 66% by 2040.
By 2021, it will be cheaper than coal in China, India, Mexico, the U.K. and Brazil as well.
> Onshore wind levelized costs will fall 47% by 2040, thanks to cheaper, more efficient turbines and advanced OPEX regimes. In the same period, offshore wind costs will slide a whopping 71%, helped by experience, competition, and economies of scale.
> China and India lead in energy investment account for 28% and 11% of all investment in power generation to 2040. Just under a third of Asia Pacific’s investment in energy will go to wind, a third to solar, 18% to nuclear and 10% to coal and gas
> Utility-scale batteries increasingly compete with natural gas to provide system flexibility at times of peak demand. In conjunction with small-scale batteries, this will help renewable energy reach 74% penetration in Germany, 38% in the U.S., 55% in China and 49% in India by 2040.
> In Europe and the U.S., EVs will account for 13% and 12% of electricity demand by 2040. Charging EVs flexibly, when renewables are generating and wholesale prices are low, will help the system adapt to intermittent solar and wind.
>>
>>134607208
I'll admit that I've not looked into it too much, but my gut is telling me that it's not so much that solar is becoming competitive here, it;s that they were ratcheting up the burden placed on traditional generation through carbon taxes etc making it less competitive. Apparently to the point that fucking solar power on a rainy, sunless island is cheaper...
>>
>>134607175
We lost him in /pol/ harbour.
>>
>>134606863
NSA will cease to be able to do dragnet spying because everything should be encrypted by then.
>>
>>134600967
I'm a pretty oldfag as well. Some of the shit promised by all that awesome sci fi is here and some of it isn't. That's life, in case you haven't figured that out yet. You know what I've figured out over the years? The faster we learn, the faster we learn; I fully expect to see a bunch more sci-fi shit before I'm done, be it Star Trek utopian or or Blade Runner style or (more likely) some mixture of both. Confidence remains high.
>>
>>134606863
When you observe something at the quantum level it changes it. So if someone reads it before it gets to where it's supposed to be it garbles the signal.
>>
>>134607494
Dunno what to tell you anon, but I'd encourage you to check into it and report back. From the sounds of it though, offshore wind and concentrating solar power are non-memes, and I'm hopeful that in the future we'll be able to stop buying Saudi oil.

If lithium sulfur batteries become a thing, then distributed energy storage like Tesla's powerpacks could realistically be used with residential rooftop PV panels (in some areas). The main thing is that solar power/wind + storage isn't economical for most people, so there is very limited reason to adopt it for everyone who isn't a diehard environmentalist
>>
>>134607850
>>134608020
so /pol/ will actually be anonymous then?
>>
>>134607494

I agree with this sentiment as well, we really need to see these reports and where their calculations come from. Otherwise it's all meaningless.
>>
>>134600998
0-latency communication means you're violating causality

if you're going to larp at least larp realistically
>>
>>134602532
Solar's cheap enough where there's a lot of sunlight.

In Australia they have utility companies lobbying for mandatory utility-taxes because so many people have been buying up solar it's been driving them out of business.

They also want to increase taxes on solar panel imports and I'm sure they'll push even further to force people to connect to the grid and tax them for that.

Because fuck the free market, these parasites are entitled to money and the government is going to damn well ensure they get it.
>>
>>134608122
If it was on a quantum network, yes. However that requires entirely different infrastructure from the current internet. We would need to build it all again pretty much from scratch.
>>
>>134606104
people are not parasites on plants

If anything, people are one of the things that enabled certain kinds of plants to become widespread and extremely successful. Virtually the opposite of parasitism.
>>
>>134607175
He kept getting banned and people kept shitting up the threads.

Those threads were one of the only things keeping the blackpills away.
>>
>>134608122
No, there will always be a Google/NSA/FBI captcha to track your posts.
>>
File: thumb.jpg (65KB, 600x454px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
65KB, 600x454px
>>134599218
Gantz
>>
>>134608477
Yep, industry lobbyists are shitting up the clean energy disruption, though I personally think that they are just stalling for time so that they can pivot from being oil/natural gas energy companies to solar/wind energy companies. Shell is investing $1 billion/year in renewables for this reason IMO
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-10/shell-plans-to-spend-1-billion-a-year-on-clean-energy-by-2020
>>
File: dt_common_streams_StreamServer.jpg (76KB, 968x645px) Image search: [Google]
dt_common_streams_StreamServer.jpg
76KB, 968x645px
>>134608612
Yes but people destroy plant when they want new product . people (human) is faster and clever than any plant on this world and they don't really care about the feeling of plants or other animals
>>
>>134608705
Have a whitepill anon, the solar reich is closer than you think
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/01/31/great-energy-disruption/
>>
so much of the environmentalist movement has been top-down and in favoring centralized government that it's amazing to see cheap solar+battery setups enable independence
give it a few more years and all the survivalists will have a battery pack and solar, and being on a grid will be bluepilled
fully autonomous cars will allow even further commutes which could erode the power of cities, I'm not too sure about that though
>>
>>134610214
>>134610214
>fully autonomous cars will allow even further commutes which could erode the power of cities, I'm not too sure about that though

I imagine it's the opposite. It would likely become an all encompasing public transport network.
>>
>>134598775
The aerodynamics on that thing make my asshole clench.
>>134599115
The track can be quite long with gradual acceleration. The system needs lasers downrange and the craft needs to be able to perform a circularization burn or it impacts launch site 90 minutes later.
>>
>>134610214
Yep, I'm crossing my fingers for widespread adoption of decentralized power storage + electric vehicles. Electric vehicles are redpilled because they don't support the oil Jew, and allows for off-grid living in a way that isn't possible now. They have lower maintenance costs because there are fewer moving parts, but the downside is that if something goes wrong you can't fix it yourself.
>>
File: 1500658759014.png (36KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1500658759014.png
36KB, 778x512px
>>134604182
Thanx Frank.
>>
>>134598846
Fpbp
>>
>>134600967
Top kek
>>
>>134608310
0 and virtally no latency are not the same.
If you cant detect it and believe it to be zero is different from it actually being zero
>>
>>134604182
Frank, when you mention time travel you need to follow up with detail to make sure people understand that it isnt time travel as the movies have shown us, otherwise you begin to sound alex jones tier with your statements.
>>
everything that can be invented already has been invented
>>
>>134608705
Have another whitepill
https://www.lazard.com/media/438038/levelized-cost-of-energy-v100.pdf#page=11
In just seven years, the LCOE (levelized cost of energy) for wind has dropped 66%, and the LCOE for solar has dropped 85%, and they are predicted to drop even more
>>
>>134599798
If you're going to post shit like this pls explain what it means for buttcoiners. Is /biz going to be kill?
>>
>>134598775
> Genetic Engineering
makes all of /pol/'s racism obsolete, frankly. /pol/ is correct on race realism and the genetic difference of IQ but eventually everyone, black and white, will be able to have high IQ (and whatever other genes they want) so it won't matter.

> Machine Learning
Fully automated luxury communism coming our way. Capitalism is the only way as long as human labor is valuable, but eventually machines will be both better and cheaper than humans at just about everything. It's not a matter of "if" but "when".

> Quantum Computing
has some encryption applications or something? This is not as big a deal politically as the other two.
>>
>>134613554
>eventually everyone, black and white, will be able to have high IQ*

*That can afford to pay, and also see the value in doing something like that. Which gets us back to that old saw racism.
>>
>>134599798
As a /tech/fag, you're full of bullshit.
You don't simply discover one of the most important and critical fields in physics without anyone knowing, then immediately proceed to use it commercially.
>>
>>134613554

They Elite will not tolerate the peasantry existing in a world in which their labor is not necessary.

Furthermore, a technologically induced meta-death isn't too appealing.
>>
So we all slaves now ? Or nah ?
>>
>>134607208

SUNEQ i lost 40k$US sunofabitch
>>
>>134611889
What I'm saying is that the information cannot travel faster than light - if you could drill through the earth, point to point, the lowest latency from one end of the planet to the other is ~43ms

Anything lower than this - let's say 40ms - is impossible.
>>
>>134598775
adding
>fusion/fission advancement
>>
>>134613497
he's larping
>>
>>134606198
could also be adapted for spaceflight but needs to extend further to accelerate slower
>>
>>134614120
>They Elite will not tolerate the peasantry existing in a world in which their labor is not necessary.

Ironically, it's going to be the reverse.

We're not going to need the elite pretty soon.

AI + Robotics + Healthcare:
Local community buys a robot surgeon. You don't need the licensed doctor, costs plummet, perfect surgeries can be done virtually anywhere on the planet with an electric grid.

Combine it with solar and battery technology. No need for centralized power generation.

Mesh networks - no need for centralized communications.

We're a decade away from an explosion of decentralizing technologies that will completely destroy the size and scope of corporations and governments in our lives.

Technology isn't going to create a situation where the elites can barely tolerate our existence. It's going to create a situation where we can barely tolerate THEIR existence.
>>
>>134606104
the super rare saga frontier art pull
>>
>>134615435
That's the hope anon, but I wouldn't get too excited, there's a whole lot that can go wrong in the meantime, and the technologies are far from perfect. IMO, batteries are the biggest bottleneck, which is why I'm so hopeful for lithium-sulfur or lithium-glass batteries, because batteries are the key to drones, electric vehicles, and adoption of distributed renewable energy. I could care less about increased smartphone life, because I'm thinking of going back to a flip phone.
>>
>>134605512

Solar is competitive without subsidies in a few areas now. One of the main problems to wider adoption is government. Most electrical grids/providers are government run and aren't really optimized for costs or don't really properly reflect cost to consumers.

For instance, the cost of electricity should be higher during high demand when generation capacity is constrained. However, most consumers don't see this as they pay a flat rate.

In Texas, the have deregulated the electricity market in which private companies are responsible for generating/selling the power. The state is divided into thousands of electrical markets and the price of electricity is segmented into 15 minute blocks. Power generators (coal, natural gas, nuclear, solar, wind) all quote what they will charge for each block of power in each market. Demand is forecast by ERCOT, which runs the state electrical grid. The lowest price gets to generate the power first, followed by the next, then the next.

What ends up happening is that the erratic power generation of wind/solar is already factored into the price of power along with the impact to other generators. Solarpower works the best when it is in the middle of the day, right when demand is high. As such, the cost of power is higher and solar power can be sold at the higher price and have better return on investment. Power is cheap at night, so solar no producing power doesn't matter.
>>
>>134599218
soon
>>
Father in law was up visiting. He legit designed labs and built labs for the military. After 6 cans of Coors he starts telling me about shit we developed in the 8Os. Laser missile defense mounted on planes. Literally 100% effective. Legit invisible or cloaked aircraft using projectors and a special skin like thing on the outside of planes. Told me the lab he worked at detected the failed panels on the space shuttle that exploded and didn't tell NASA. Antigravity was being developed using a specal kind of hydrogen or some kind of gas or maybe he said Mercury I don't remember was hammered.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 640x483px
I miss SpaceElevator.....
>>
>>134616766
>Antigravity
I wish, but that's bullshit.
We don't even know what the fuck gravity is yet.
>>
>>134616766
Unless he can source his claims, I call bullshit
>>
>>134600422

I second this. Most of the news about robots and AI's is just a pump and dump scam by Silicon Valley investors who have put big money into AI. AI's are also anthropomorphized when there's nothing human or thinking about them. They are just numeric models that kinda-sorta with enough data can do simple tasks.

They won't be taking your job any time soon unless your job is something very basic like moderating photo posts to see if it has a penis in it or something.
>>
>>134598775
isnt that pic from star citizen
>>
>>134615435
>robot surgeon

Holy shit he went full retard.
>>
>>134617173
NASA was genuinely investigating "gravitational shielding" using superconductors. Google around for "Eugene Podkletnov" and "Ning Li". I've seen a working impulse generator, though I can't find the video atm. Additionally, the Biefield Brown effect has been observed in a vacuum - you will notice that tests performed by public-facing laboratories use "lifters" (dielectric == air - so it won't work in the vacuum) or incorrectly designed asymmetric capacitors. The capacitor needs to be cone or triangle-shaped, fully encased, and use a fairly dense dielectric.
>>
>>134600194
One of the guys in my family vanished into a government job awhile ago. He'd call out internet security trends and what the next big shitshow was gonna be months in advance before then.

He worked on some project on how to spread a decentralized botnet through commercial and civilian infrastructure focusing on 'internet-of-things' devices and wireless routers. He mentioned something about Cisco switches and machine learning being involved over Christmas dinner to handle the network routing.

Family hasn't heard from him in about seven months. Hope he's doing alright.
>>
>>134603580
What the fuck is that file name?
>>
>>134616889
Back in the late 80's there was some noise about mass decreasing above spinning superconductors. Turned out to be junk like the FTL nutrino bit
>>
Jet packs.
>>
>>134616887
Newfags don't even know who that is.
>>
Neural networks and machine learning describe the software
MEMRISTORS are the hardware.

It won't be discreet memory and processor. The memory will be the brain. Can be made from plastic cheaper and less reliant on china.
>>
>>134599798
>another 8 years
Gee, I wonder why?
20 bucks says it will never come out, thanks to the death of the democrat party in 2020
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 329x329px
>>134619681
Yeah, mores the pity. He was great. Kept ya upto date on the cool cutting edge shit going on. Don't even remember the last time I saw him. I've been on this website far too long.....
>>
>>134607208
>believing any of this bullshit
Environmentalists will suffer on the day of the rope.
>>
>>134598846
fpbp
>>
File: never ever.jpg (53KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
never ever.jpg
53KB, 1000x600px
>>134612279
this
>>
>>134620232
Better be hemp rope.
>>
>>134598775
You want to have a thread about where technology is taking us? Read this: >>134615816
Prepare your buttholes /pol, it's HAPPENING.
>>
>>134606863
All encrytion keys are "given" by authority companies who are most likely owned by kikes. Also means nothing is really encrytped.
>>
>>134616766
first half of that is called metamaterials, all that stuff got released to the public around 2006-2008
There's memes about it.

>Antigravity was being developed using a specal kind of hydrogen or some kind of gas or maybe he said Mercury I don't remember was hammered.
I've heard about this, afaik the process involves static electricity in a vacuum to some degree, something about electron transferal, idk I'm not a chemist, but its something that you can set up in your average public sector lab on the microscopic scale easily enough.
>>
>>134620793
also the laser plane thing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_YAL-1
>>
>>134620793
Aldo superconductor tech: necessity for super cold temperatures being it's limited practility
>>
File: QW6KF2w.gif (1MB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
QW6KF2w.gif
1MB, 218x218px
>>134598846
KEK this. fpbp
>>
What about zero point energy?
>>
>>134620993
True
Now that Bose-Einstein condensates are being "discovered" and reproduced in public labs now, I wonder fi we're gonna be seeing the usage of it in industry anytime soon.
>>
>>134621141
>zero point energy
its become a buzzword by this point, you'll have to be more exact
>>
File: 2niqmgi.png (176KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
2niqmgi.png
176KB, 800x582px
>>134598775
>>
>>134607208

Lockheed Skunkworks is very close to having a mass produced fusion reactor.
>>
>>134598846
FP motherfucking BP
>>
>>134621212
Damn, looked that up on wikipedia. I've forgotten more than I thought since college.

Summer reading list grows again
>>
>>134621561
Source? As much as I would love to have fusion reactors, they have been 5-10 years away for what, 50 years? We should absolutely fund these projects, but I wouldn't count on them being energy positive in a long time
>>
>>134622765

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/compact-fusion.html
>>
>>134622376
Well I mean not even 5 years back everyone was screeching that making this stuff would be outright physically impossible
And now everybody's making it
Stuff's changing so rapidly in the sciences these days, next thing you know we'll find some way to do something useful with the Casimir effect, and "Vacuum energy" will be less some fringe pseudo-science only backed up by small scale experiments, and never talked about due to virtual particles implication for our current understanding of thermodynamics, and instead a legitimate area of study,
Point is shit's getting going, fast.
>>
>>134622899
> video from 2014
Nothing more recent?
>>
>>134622899
You can build a reactor in your basement, relatively easily I might add
http://makezine.com/projects/make-36-boards/nuclear-fusor/
Question is, is what Lockheed doing a viable power plant, or something closer to a research reactor?
>>
>>134622899
https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/05/lockheed-compact-fusion-reactor-design-about-100-times-larger-than-first-plans.html
So much for compact fusion reactors
>>
>>134623018
Got any good publications or blogs you recommend to keep up with this stuff?
>>
File: dyson swarm.jpg (263KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dyson swarm.jpg
263KB, 1440x1080px
>>134612604
Where's my Dyson Sphere? I want my Dyson Sphere.
>>
>>134598775
>political relations/impacts?

like every tool, depends how it's used
>>
>>134623288
there's a few that are okay, like
http://phys.org/physics-news/
I have a list somewhere here on notepad, but the whole thing is full of unsorted links.
https://unitednuclear.com/
is useful for supplies for at home experiments and stuff, once in a blue moon they'll carry the stuff needed for a fusor that I linked earlier

Other then that, just lurk places like /sci/, /diy/, and the rare useful thread here I guess
>>
2 minute papers is awesome for getting all this info. Particualry all the machine learning advances/tech uses and improvements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqFIVCD1WWo
>>
File: jsvl1vq.jpg (26KB, 680x651px) Image search: [Google]
jsvl1vq.jpg
26KB, 680x651px
>>134623438
Well, I mean, something like the internet had such huge socio/political impacts that it is still and likely never will be able to be fully controlled, like how smuggling and black markets are impossible to fully pin down.

And something like some of the stuff discussed here in this thread, like anti-gravity craft for example, could have huge impacts, I mean if half the stories of them are true and everything went public?
>tfw we ARE the ayys
>>
>>134623632
Machine learning is a strange thing, first it was a meme, then it was something useful for networks, then it was a meme again, now its something useful for factories and other things, and also a meme, and now it might start becoming AI

Its like a big nothing burger, and The Happening, at the same time
>>
File: 42834929384.jpg (65KB, 620x802px) Image search: [Google]
42834929384.jpg
65KB, 620x802px
>>134623299
there might be one located many light years away
>i want one
you'll have to go there soon then
>>
>>134624303
wasn't there a thing just 2 years back where the russians had thought they found one, but they waited so long to tell everyone else about it that it became impossible to verify?
>>
>>134623287
Fusion is absolutely gonna fucking happen, though. It's not just a pipe dream any more.

Keep an eye on the following companies: Tri-Alpha Energy, Tokamak Energy, Helion Energy, General Fusion, EMC2. One of them will make it across the finish line in the next decade, for real. Maybe more than one will.
>>
>>134624632
ITER's supposed to start in 2 years
>>
File: IMG_20170515_170818.jpg (3MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170515_170818.jpg
3MB, 4048x3036px
Glass won't be the same.
>>
File: 34832948234.jpg (158KB, 682x960px) Image search: [Google]
34832948234.jpg
158KB, 682x960px
>>134624471
that wasn't assumed to be anything
more data was/is needed
no indication of alien technology
no regular pattern that a dyson sphere would make
just unexpected occultation at odd times, not regular or predictable so not indicative of anything like that sorry
>>
File: Lofstrom.png (23KB, 300x185px) Image search: [Google]
Lofstrom.png
23KB, 300x185px
>>134599115
Wrong. Look up Lofstrom Launch Loop.
>>
File: Advanced_Test_Reactor.jpg (563KB, 2791x3668px) Image search: [Google]
Advanced_Test_Reactor.jpg
563KB, 2791x3668px
>>134624708
ITER will never achieve practical power. They've basically admitted as such in recent articles. It's going to be someone else who takes the scientific findings they've achieved and makes a better way forward.
>>
>>134625393
given the more recent discoveries as well, like how the "Dark Flow" might be some sort of "mega-structure" larger then our observable universe that is somehow responsible for gravity in our universe, acting on the bubble that is our universe in some way and the dark flow is just it leaking in

And other shit like that, I'm more inclined to believe its some sort of bizarre natural phenomena that, when better understood will greatly advance our understanding of how stuff works.
Like when we first found Quasars
>>
>>134625649
there's always that laser based one on the west coast here
>>
>>134624632
Tell you what, I will continue to not get my hopes up, and if I am wrong, that will be a pleasant surprise, rather than getting my hopes up and having them dashed to pieces. Fusion is a moonshot.

Lithium sulfur batteries are going to be an actul game changer
>>
>>134625722
AHAHAHAHA!! Don't make me laugh faggot. jesus christ. That thing is a joke.
>>
>>134623018
Bose-einstein condensate have been made since the 50s.
>>
>>134604182
So why dont we use this tech? America is relatively unchanged minus the internet and faster processors these days.
>>
All the technical work RSI has done on StarCitizen that it will need to sell off as SC development lags even more will be great for gaming.
>>
>>134601610
thank
>>
>>134625722
>>134625649
I calling it on General Fusion
http://generalfusion.com/

They've got the most practical design for power generation.
>>
File: 1498774422507.png (655KB, 937x523px) Image search: [Google]
1498774422507.png
655KB, 937x523px
>>134600757
>>
>>134599026

Confirmed. Read a few articles about dat shit few months ago.
>>
>>134598775

bump
>>
contribootin

>It is therefore possible to manipulate the nervous system of a subject by pulsing images displayed on a nearby computer monitor or TV set

https://www.google.com/patents/US6506148

>Cell Phones, Microwaves And The Human Health Threat

>The microwaves that cell phones emit can interact with human tissue in an entirely new way, says theoretical biologist at a government lab

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/423871/cell-phones-microwaves-and-the-human-health-threat

>THE EFFECT OF MICROWAVES ON THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/7521095727.pdf
>>
>>134631542

>It is believed that Russian researchers used reverse transcriptase-PCR to create a DNA copy of the Ebola virus and then spliced the genes encoding key virulence factors into the unnecessary regions of the smallpox genome.

>Alibek believes that this chimera, which he has named Ebolapox, would be capable of causing hemorrhagic smallpox, the most fatal form of the disease, in all infected individuals

https://books.google.com/books?id=AwkVgNPRnKoC

>He said: “This is like earthquakes, you should think in order of magnitudes. If you can kill 10 people that’s a one, 100 people that’s a two... Bioterrorism is the thing that can give you not just sixes, but sevens, eights and nines.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/17/biological-terrorism-could-kill-people-nuclear-attacks-bill

>nines

that's billions
>>
>>134631542
>>134631584

>"We are talking about autonomous weapons, which means that there is no one behind it. AI: artificial intelligence weapons," he told a forum in Davos. "Very precisely, weapons that can locate and attack targets without human intervention."

http://phys.org/news/2016-01-killer-robots-late-scientists-davos.html

>Russia crafting line of ‘dragonfly’ drones

http://tass.com/defense/902921

>two secret Soviet programs, "Mercury" and "Volcano", aimed at developing a "tectonic weapon" that could set off earthquakes from great distance

>US Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen, said..."Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tectonic_weapon#Reports
>>
>>134600967

nah bro, there's a breaking point, a turning point, and it's coming soon

this too shall pass
>>
>>134603580

ayyylmaos were a meme promoted by the air force to disguise black projects
>>
>>134615435

ww3 will kill 99+% of the world's population before that happens
>>
>>134632813
Gotta stay ahead of the game. The f35 is mostly there to sell to countries for upgrades as the base model has been stolen.
>>
>>134627196
Holy shit that is the first viable design I've seen. Everyone else just tries to make a sustained fusion reaction with no way to produce power, but this is on a whole other level. It could actually work.
>>
>>134613497
Quantum resistant ledger
>>
>>134601464
I just realized goatse is wearing a wedding ring.
>>
>>134604182

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tz60rZWuzU
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.